_IronManDude_'s Poems 'n' Stuff (newest lyrics + song "Deep At Sea")

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 _IronManDude_
Member since 2008 • 1595 Posts

Alright, well, it would feel bad to bump an ancient topic (the lyrics thread), so I guess I'll just remake the old one, and give it a new title. Seems to work for the Call of Duty series.

So, for my first work, I wrote this little tune recently, as a sort of short story or something. I came up with some lyrics for a song, and that's pretty much what these are, with some minor modifications. I read this with a tune in my head, but you don't have to.

-- 

Beautiful Nightmare -- A poem penned by _I.M. Dude_ in 2011.

-- 

It's raining... my favorite type of weather.

At sundown... my favorite time of day.

I'm dreaming... of something to make it better.

I'm bleeding... my cure for you to stay.

I don't want to go...

Thought you ought to know...

I don't wanna leave...

Please don't let me...

I've got you... in my arms, forever.

As long as... I want you to be.

It might be... a walk into the never.

But let me... indulge my fantasy.

It's not like I'm missing much on the outside.

It's not like I'm losing much on the inside.

It's not like I'm feeling much on the outside.

It's not like I'm asking much from you at all...

You stand up... and walk away from me.

I can't move... but I can take the pain.

The rain stops... it ends my little journey...

The dream is over. Reality once again.

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 _IronManDude_

My internet has been down recently, so I wrote a bunch of new stuff with no 4spam to distract me. Not that anyone apparently cares.

The first is this little song about a guy I used to know named Jimmy. He was totally Canadian, but he put on an Irish accent, and even did little jigs. He was hilarious, so I wrote a song about him.

In my head, it sorta sounds a little like normal R.E.M., until the second half (with the capitols), at which point it just sounds a lot closer to the almost incoherent yelling of It's The End of the World As We Know It. Or whatever it was called; I'm sure it had a different name, but that's what you'll probably call it anyway.

--

The Ol' Battleaxe -- penned by _I.M. Dude_ in 2011.

--

I hear voices in my head,

not a thought goes unsaid,

I got monsters in my closet but I'm not afraid.

I see people in the walls,

they stand 70 feet tall,

and they know I am the God of the human race.

Why don't the people believe me,

I'm not a freak!

Why can't the people hear me,

when I speak?!

In the Winter I get cold,

and it makes me feel so bold,

and I feel like doing something risky.

So I walk into a store,

I take what I can't afford,

I walk out; I'm cold, but I'm happy.

But they take it away,

why, I don't see!

Why can they be happy,

but not me?!

LOOK DOWN!

HEAR A SOUND!

TURN AROUND!

IT'S THE POUND!

I CANNOT BE FOUND, I AM A GOD!

WANNA PLAY?!

RUN AWAY!

GONE TODAY!

I BETRAY!

EVERYBODY I HAD EVER LOVED!

THE STUPID PART OF ALL OF THIS,

IS THAT NOTHING IS "ALL AMISS"!

I TRIED THE DRUG AND IT WAS BLISS,

I FELT THE STINGING SERPENT'S KISS!

AND THEN THE DRUG DESTROYED MY BRAIN,

AND THEN MY LIFE WENT DOWN THE DRAIN!

BUT THEY ALL SAY THAT I'M INSANE,

AND I WENT DOWN A ONE WAY LANE!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _IronManDude_

I guess I'm making up for my frequent periods of absence with four back-to-back posts ;)

This one is... hard to explain. It's sort of a love song, but not quite. It's a love song serenading only a few specific parts of the girl. It's basically about a teenage crush -- you wish it meant something more, because it feels good to be in love, but you know you really only want to get into the other person's pants. A sad tragedy I've come to realize after pining over various women who are so far out of my league, that even my fantasies about them require some serious damn work.  

--

"Obsessed" -- Penned by _I.M. Dude_ in 2011. 

--

You know you got me, you're the best,

but there's no future I dream of.

I wish with you, I were obsessed,

I'd fall back in a haze of love.

Hey babe, it's time that I confessed,

this isn't really a love song.

You see, you don't know the rest,

I just wanted to **** you all along.

I'm feeling everything for you,

(and yet I feel nothing at all.)

I'm telling everything to you,

(in hopes that you might take it off.)

This is the truth, what can I do? 

I'm just not in love with you!

I wish I were obsessed,

I wish I were obsessed with you.

You take your time, you drink your wine,

you calculate your evil plans.

I can't escape the many signs,

that this all happened by my hand.

I thought she was "the one" this time,

but just not enough, I guess.

I didn't love you, what a crime,

but I just wanted at your chest.

I'm feeling everything for you,

(and yet I feel nothing at all.)

I'm telling everything to you,

(in hopes that you might take it off.)

This is the truth, what can I do? 

I'm just not in love with you!

I wish I were obsessed,

I wish I were obsessed with you.

This is the end of the world.

This is the end, little girl.

This is the end, I was wrong.

This is the end of this song.

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _IronManDude_

And finally, I'll finish my trilogy with a piece which could very well get me banned!

This song wasn't written for the express purpose of cursing, I promise. And, as with everything I write, it truly wasn't intended as some kind of emo rant. It's just that... well, sometimes, we feel like giving the world a big "**** you". And that's what this is.

In my head, it sounds a little bit like "Speak to Me - Breathe" by Pink Floyd, and it's not metal at all, as hard as that may be to believe.

--

"****" -- Penned by ****ing _I.M. Dude_ in ****ing 2011, motherfather.

--

**** this ****ing place.

We spin around in space.

Oh, what a ****ing waste.

**** the girls and boys.

Oh, please don't raise your voice.

You made your ****ing choice.

**** our existence.

It makes me ****ing tense.

Don't wanna do this dance.

**** the new regime.

Re-**** the beauty queen.

Watching the same old scene.

We only live so we can die,

learning nothing, we don't try.

Hoping we'll somehow survive,

ignoring the grand design of life.

**** the internet.

Big money made your bets.

Now we're all in ****ing debt.

**** the TV.

Nothing on to see.

Just leave it ****ing be.

**** you, Hollywood.

Cloning nothing good.

Because you ****ing could.

**** the industry.

Don't save our ****ing trees.

Make room for the machine.

We only live so we can die,

learning nothing, we don't try.

Hoping we'll somehow survive,

ignoring the grand design of life. 

--

I got a special treat, this time, though! Tell me some things you want me to "****ify", and I'll put 'em up, or you can continue this piece yourself by just writing your own stanzas. 

Expect some more pretty soon, my internet connection is still pretty spotty. 

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

The ol' Battleaxe is my favorite in this thread, though I really liked obsessed as well.

Nice one with the Call of Duty joke.

Oh, and don't worry - you won't get banned as long as you don't mention gay people.

a-7493-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 a-7493-23
Member since 2010 • 2452 Posts

Nice one with the Call of Duty joke.

waZelda

I thought so too lol. I guess I'm just not a lyrics guy, because I can't hear the music. I tried to look at it as poetry, but it didn't seem to work for me. Granted I only read the first one. I'll comne back to the others to try again though. :)

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _IronManDude_

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the feedback. I know, I know, they just don't have the same impact without the music. Maybe someday, when I actually have some recording equipment, I might post YouTube link to my songs. I'm done with the FL Studio thing; it's just too much work for something that ends up sounding really unimpressive. Music is supposed to be artistic, not mechanical. I guess that's why the whole "computer music program" just doesn't work for me.

This one is a little more straight metal, in my head anyway. Anybody play Fallout 3 and see the posters for the jetpacks we'd all have in the future? Well, I still don't have my jetpack yet, and this is a song I wrote about how pissed off I am that I don't own a personal pet alien or a ray-gun.

Oh, and I think my next work will either be an adult parody of "Devil's Dance" by Metallica, or a psychedelic rock song in the style of Hawkwind. 

--

"Nothing Like We Thought" -- penned by Chesterton Von Sturgeonmire in 1787.

--

The teller of the story,

is with the other side.

We feel no glory,

our ****ing fathers lied.

The future looking brilliant,

the children of today.

But we ain't so resilient,

and we don't wanna stay.

OH!

Life seems so simple,

so ****ing black and white.

Death seems so evil,

the color of the night.

No other galaxy,

no distant nebulae,

nobody lives unseen,

so don't believe the lie.

OH!

It's nothing like we thought.

No future that we sought.

For all the wars we fought,

well, it's nothing like we thought.

Talk of evolution,

the talk of yesterday.

Science has been abandoned,

but prayer is here to stay.

And we don't wanna learn,

what makes us tick.

Well being's no concern,

so you can suck my sick.

OH!

Open discrimination,

or open heresy.

Open deliberation,

in their community.

Well, it ain't his will.

And they ain't the same.

They just want a thrill,

and to play their game.

OH!

It's nothing like we thought.

No future that we sought.

For all the wars we fought,

well, it's nothing like we thought. 

a-7493-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 a-7493-23

I'm done with the FL Studio thing; it's just too much work for something that ends up sounding really unimpressive. Music is supposed to be artistic, not mechanical. I guess that's why the whole "computer music program" just doesn't work for me._IronManDude_

Brother, I hear you on that one. My cousin uses a program to make music, and it's ok, but I don't think he grasps that statement you made there, or if he could even understand how anyone could think such a thing. Oh well, not all artists are artists, y'know? Anyhow, the lasty song you did there I liked. I thought it might be against all the athiest uselessness but it could also be anti-God, so it's a shame if it was, because the athiest "pill" is a doozy, imho. Anyhow, keep it up!

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waZelda

Thanks for the tip that you imagined this as metal. Made it very easy for me to make up a rhythm where it flowed well.

I have to agree though, that this seems like the lyrics could either be atheist or anti-atheist.

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _IronManDude_

Thanks for the tip that you imagined this as metal. Made it very easy for me to make up a rhythm where it flowed well.

I have to agree though, that this seems like the lyrics could either be atheist or anti-atheist.

waZelda

I'm a firm believer in God, but I don't believe in religion. Religion starts wars and chaos, and I'm pretty confident that isn't what God wants. I've been watching Six Feet Under recently. During Dexter's (yeah, his character is named something different, but he's Dexter to me) dilemma in the first season, he reveals himself to the church and claims that he doesn't believe God would make him just so he was unhappy, and that he wasn't ashamed anymore. A lot of people could learn that lesson.

I think my thoughts are summed up pretty well in the Porcupine Tree song "Halo", or Roger Waters' "What God Wants". 

a-7493-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 a-7493-23
Interesting. I too know God exists, and am anti-religion. Though I do follow the bible, believing it to be the handbook to salvation. However, salvation is dependant on me, not what anyone preaches to me imo.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waZelda

I agree with both of you. I only go to church on Christmas day. Mostly, this is because I hate listening to the preachers. I believe one of the central themes of Christianity is that God made us with the power to create and placed his creation in our hands. And while some of the greatest art in history comes from Christianity, throughout history, the church has mostly been a hurdle, limiting our freedom to create and to make progress.

I'm really glad that Martin Luther revolutionized Christianity and made it so that Bibles could be written in other words than latin, which only the church could read.

Now I don't need a man to tell me what the Bible says, I can f***ing read it myself!

a-7493-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 a-7493-23

Now I don't need a man to tell me what the Bible says, I can f***ing read it myself!

waZelda

Precisely. I for one wouldn't even call myself Christian. I've read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation twice in my life, and both times the chronology of the book didn't agree with the popular Christian ideals, such as Christ being God, the trinity, and stuff like that.Been studfying the Bible independantly since I was about 7 or 8, and got a lot of flak for it from my parents and peers, but in the end, if that is required for salvation, I'd rather know what it means to me, and be accountable for at least trying, than trusting others and risk being wrong, only to discover that I was being irresponsible. :)

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _IronManDude_

Here is a link to the song, with lyrics. If you would like to read a crazy person's five-paragraph ramblings, continue below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLwSgcaRIjg

At the time of writing this sentence, my connection is down, as it has been off and on for quite a while. So, with my newfound taste in music that doesn't rely almost solely on guitar, I start screwing around in FL Studio and, in a few days, I ended up making this little ditty. It was quite inspired by Zero 7 and Massive Attack, and also a couple of my favorite video game tunes.

I'm talking of course about Red Brinstar from Super Metroid (or Submerged Temple from Metroid Prime 2), and Concrete Jungle from Sim City 3000. It shares the aquatic-sounding nature of Red Brinstar (thanks to the X-Files-y whistle thingy and my favorite instrument, the Rhodes organ), and it sort of "stacks" the various parts on top of each other like in Concrete Jungle. And for a guy with over 30 GB of music, to say that these songs were some of the most important I had ever heard, that says something.

It's meant to be atmospheric and peaceful, but with a liberal dose of crazy blues/neo-****cal keyboard solos and tonal shifts. The goal for any musician is to set a tone and allow the listener to visualize something as they listen. Though they might not always visualize the same thing as the songwriter, I hope I set a nice tone here :)

Now, I don't have any proper recording equipment. So, though lyrics were written, the words don't appear in the song. The vocal tone is there in the form of something called a "xylocarillon", and I think you'll be able to tell where the words should be. Maybe some day I'll return with a new and improved version, with actual singing and guitar.

As far as looking for meaning in the lyrics... well, I'm sick of having to explain what they mean. Just know that I was very happy and gazing at the gorgeous figure of Allison Mack on my desktop at the time of writing, I had no cuts on my wrist and my hair was not black. And for that matter, it really crunches my berries that I would need to explain everything. Find your own meaning, man ;)

--

A gentle, peaceful,
soothing sound.
A warming fire
calms us down.

Cares of the world
have left our minds.
Affairs of their
cruel and bitter lives.

Say, take my hand and swim with me.
And we'll get lost in deepest seas.
And all our fears are left behind.
So, listen to the lullaby.

Though all time left us
at the door.
And all of space
is nothing more.

We will go
down in history.
The sky will fall
when deep at sea. 

Say, take my hand and swim with me.
And we'll get lost in deepest seas.
And all our fears are left behind.
So, listen to the lullaby.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waZelda
I like both the melody and the lyrics. If I know where the lyrics are supposed to fit in? Um, I don't know, is the lyrics supposed to be over at 1:07?
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
Not a big fan of the drums or bass. Too soft for my taste, but otherwise I really enjoyed the song. I liked the lyrics too, though I don't think vocals would add a lot to it necessarily. It feels complete enough as it is---at least later on it does.
_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _IronManDude_

I like both the melody and the lyrics. If I know where the lyrics are supposed to fit in? Um, I don't know, is the lyrics supposed to be over at 1:07?waZelda

Actually, at 2:33. The xylophone. Glad you liked it :D

Not a big fan of the drums or bass. Too soft for my taste, but otherwise I really enjoyed the song. I liked the lyrics too, though I don't think vocals would add a lot to it necessarily. It feels complete enough as it is---at least later on it does.Foolz3h

Funny thing about the drums -- I had them set about as high as they could go, and yet they still seemed really soft.Â