TUGOWU Rules and Introductions V2. New Members read and post here first.

• 69 results
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrAssassin83
Member since 2011 • 359 Posts

TUGOWU.gif

Welcome to The Ultimate God Of War Union.
All new and returning members should read this.
The following links might help you in searching for links and threads in the Lost Desert of TUGOWU.

Union Compendium (lots of info/links/rules) includes:

-Gamespot Unions FAQ

-GameSpot Union Directory

-other things

ToS UPDATES Thread (has link to ToS itself as well)

GameSpot Terms of Service (ToS)

• The union and board is all about God Of War.
  • Feel free to create any On-topic & interesting threads, comment in other threads, etc.
  • When making an Off-topic thread. Don't forget to add *OT* in the subject of the thread.
  • Flaming, Spamming and Trolling ARE NOT allowed in this Union and Board and follow GamesSpot ToS
  • We are like a family here so be nice to every member.

Union Punishments *WIP*

Union Suspension

Union Banishment

Concerning "Union Games"
If you have an idea for a union game or a contest, PM (Private Message) the Leader your idea, and he will decide if it will be posted. Or it'll be locked. GoW related games will definitely be given higher priority.

IMPORTANT: Union Guidelines (includes current list of allowed union games)

NOTE: When uncertain about a union game we should PMSoulreavercross about it (with a link). I've just finished sending one about Witty Captaion Contest being added to the list or just plain okayed

Officers.gif

AS DEFINED BY TUGOWU

Officers of TUGOWU are those respected members whom the Leader trusts and are promoted from recruits. They are essentially MODs and have powers to keep the union neat and clean with a reason. If you have problem with one of your Topic, feel free to PM the Leader.

• It all depends on recruits action and manners on the basis of how much they contribute and promote the union. Then, promotion may be granted.
  • The opposite goes to officers, the less you contribute, the greater chance you will be demoted.

Union Leader/Admin

union_leader.gifClassyGent

Elder Officers/Mods

Officers/Mods

union_officer.gifMrStarkiller

union_officer.gifMrAssassin83

union_officer.gifAlucard_rules

AS DEFINED BY GAMESPOT

union_leader.gif A person who is a union leader and usually the founder, unless the title has been passed down to another person (by choice or not by choice because the leader is AWOL or was banned). The union leader sets the permissions for the union as to the officers and members authority (invites, officer powers, etc).

union_officer.gif Officers can be found in Union boards. They are the same as UCB mods. They have some powers, which are assigned by the union leader.

Transferring Union Leadership / Banned Leader

Do you want to contribute and promote TUGOWU? And yet don't know how?
Then following points might help you!

• Post on the TUGOWU's forum, here.
  • Comment, Tag and Digg our articles, here.
  • Invite friends and other members, here.
  • Add a TUGOWU Tag/Signature in your signature.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrAssassin83

:Sigs:

[spoiler]

UltimateSig.png

StatueSig.png

p1612979.jpg

THEGODOFWAR.jpg

gow_2.png

sigbanner38to.jpg

tugowu015cp.jpg [/spoiler]

:Tags:

[spoiler]

StatueTag.png

tygfggdbyplalanx.png

slimsig2-1.jpg

ares.png

gowtag.jpg

tugowutagwp2.jpg [/spoiler]

:Banners:

[spoiler] FILLER [/spoiler]

These are all of the different Sigs/Tags for TUGOWU. If you can, please put one in your sig. Also, if you want to submit your banner,tag and sig for TUGOWU then submit here.

NOTE:  Need to add Banners here, update to have more sigs/tags, create more of each, etc.

:question: Don't know how to add a TUGOWU sig or tag in your signature box? Then follow the steps shown below.

[spoiler] :arrow: Look towards the top right of any page on GameSpot and click the "prefs" link. When the preferences box pops up, click on the "Forums" section. This will bring up a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) editor. It looked like this
number.jpg

If you can't see it then you should check the WYSIWYG icon above the editor and click apply. It?ll appear now.

:arrow: Now, there are two ways of inserting images in your sig.

1. Copy and paste the code in the editor with no spaces.

For Example,
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU " title=" http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU ">http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k12/tugowu/GS%20Images/ares.png " alt=" " />
    Remember to remove spaces and click then ?Apply?.

Result: ares.png
  2. Click the "Insert/Modify Image" button in the toolbar. It looks like this: ed_image.gif

This will open up a box that will allow you to enter in the link to the TUGOWU tag/signature you want to use.
    Link:http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k12/tugowu/GS%20Images/ares.png
    Enter or copy and paste this image link in the box and click the "ok" button.
    number1.jpg

Your image should appear in the editing box.
    Highlight the image you just added and click the "Insert Web Link" button. It looks like this.

This will open up a box that will allow you to enter the link to where you want this clickable image to lead.
    Type the TUGOWU address in the box, which is http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=TUGOWU
    , and then click the "ok" button.
    number3.jpg

Congratulations, you have successfully created a clickable signature that leads to the TUGOWU. Now all you need to do is click the "Apply Changes" button.

Note: If you can't see your tag? Then probably you are under level 3 and restricted from using HTML and BB code in your signature.
Or just give some time and check it later. [/spoiler]

Previous Tag/Sig thread.

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrAssassin83

Contests
-Witty Caption Contest: Needs a host, more pictures, etc.

Games
-Three Word Story: Back in action.

Note: One contest at a time. No more then 3 Union Games at a time.

CURRENT LIST OF UNION GAMES - As of October 31st 2008

NOT ALLOWED

[spoiler] Creating one of these threads will cause the Topic Creator to be moderated with a point loss or suspension and those posting in the thread also run a risk of being moderated once a moderator comes across the thread one way or the other. In some instances the punishment will be more severe and users who posts in these threads as well as the topic creator may have their Profile Level reset to ZERO. The Union is question can suffer the same level reset or it can deleted altogether from GameSpot.

These threads go by various names, but the purpose of the thread remains the same. I repeat, do not create or post in any of these threads, report them or PM me the links the threads

Let's Count/ Posting game/ [Insert number here] Posting - These are threads where users just count starting from #1 and going on and on, the thread may have a numerical post limit or not.

In/Out thread/ Signing in/out thread - These threads serve no purpose all users do in them is post 'in' when they enter the union and'out' when they leave the union. Sometimes users posting 'in' and 'out' consecutively, multiple times a day.

ABC Game - Similar to the let's count game, users post the alphabeth in order. This isn't kindergarten. We all should know the alphabeth by now...I hope...

Word Game - This when someone post a word and the someone else posts another word...and so we go on

Last Letter game - This is when users post a word, then another user uses the last letter in that word to create a new word...and so on and so on

One-word story - This is when users each post one letter hoping to build a story

Backwards Posting - I haven't had many run in with this one, but these are when users post messages backwards, can be a single word or a sentence, then users spell out their word and post one of their own...and so forth

Quote Game/Build a Quote/ Largest Quote Game - These are when users start off trying to build the world's largest quote chain. This is not onlySpam, but it's extremely Disruptive!

Throw something/ban/kill the user above (or below) me/you or any other variations - Seriously now, this is when users just randomly post something to be thrown/ban/kill users. It's total spam.

Vending Machine - Starts off with a user inserting a coin then another user posts what the previous poster would get, then poster insert a coin and so goes the thread. This game serves no purpose and has no meaning whatsoever.

This or That - Users put down two things, another selects one of the two and then put downs two more for someone else to choose...and so goes the thread

Rate the User/Sig/Avatar/or anything else above/below - Just users posting numbers. No discussion whatsoever. Even with discussion there are still the odd few that loves to spam up these types of threads therefore they are outlawed totally.

Grant a wish - This is when a user wishes for something, then another user grants the wish and the wishes for something and so on. Once again serves no purpose, just users posting random wishes.

Fight/Battle (or any other variations) - This thread is when users 'fight' with each other. It's nothing but random posting and spamming. It isn't allowed.

ANY type of thread (1) begging/ asking users to making random posts or comments (2) Asking users to end a sentence in a certain way eg. [Insert random sentence here] without my hands - This doesn't need any explaination. It's just users posting random things [/spoiler]

ALLOWED (but with specific rules)

[spoiler] Hurt and Heal - The isn't really a game, but more like a contest where users can hurt or heal various things. Most famous are video game characters or users. The golden rule to remember for this thread is ONE ACTION PER DAY. Any sooner and you run the risk of the thread being removed and moderation eg Threads with one action per hour rule will be instantly nuked and the topic creator moderate.

Corrupt a Wish - This starts off with a user wishing for something, then another user grants the wish, but twists the meaning so that the wish is granted, but it isn't actually what was originally asked for, the the user in turns posts a wish and so on so on.

True or False - This is when a user posts something then another user posts if it is true or false (related to the initial poster) and gives a reason why, then that user posts something and so on.

NOTE: This is just a slightly modified version of "Corrupt a Wish" so please do not have both types of threads in your union at the same time. If you get tired of one format and want to try the other, please lock the first thread.

Person above/below me - Simple, just post something about the user above or below you. It must have some line of truth in it. Try to avoid simple single word phrases and post things meaningful eg has XXXX posts or is LvXX or is online are not acceptable in this thread. DO NOT POST ABOUT YOURSELF. If these threads get out of control and turn into spam, it will be removed and users will be moderated with pointloss and suspensions

What are you listening to - Not really a game, but this is allowed at unions also. As long as one user doesn't spam up the thread, it's okay to have around.

Picture Game/Picture This/Guess the (insert something here) - This is when users post a picture (most of the time it's game related), it can contain hints or not, and the users must try to guess the game the picture is from, the winner then post a picture and so on.

Trivia Games - These are simple or complicated quizes that test the knowledge of users (similar to GameSpot's On the Spot Trivias). A user posts a question, another user answers, it the user is correct he/she posts their own question. Most of the times these trivias are multiple choice (in order to keep the thread moving)

Voting(Insert something here) - Various voting is allowed at unions. Poll voting and post voting are both allowed

3-word story - This is when users post 3 words hoping to build a story. It's not too different from the one word story but this one is allowed because users can actually build on it and I have seen some rather creative stories.

Caption Game/Contest - Post an image and users must come up with a caption for it. There are a lot of variations and additional rules that can be included. [/spoiler]

The mentioned union board thread games are by far from all there are on GameSpot. As new information comes in, this thread will be updated. If you are unsure of a union board thread game or know of one (or some) I missed, feel free to send me a PM with details and possibly links.

Thanks and Happy GameSpotting

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

Misc.gif

TUGOWU threads

[spoiler] Specialty Run Thread V2

Speedrun Thread V2

GoW:A Tactics/Tips

CoO Tactics/Tips

GoW1 Tactics/Tips

GoS Tactis/Tips

GoWII Tactics/Tips

GoWIII Tactics/Tips

GoW Evaluations

TUGOWU Art Gallery

Off Topic V6

TUGOWU videos *WIP*

Commercials *WIP*

alt.TUGOWU - Shall it rise again?

gow3forums - Sister site and affiliate.

TUGOWU Twitter - *?*

TUGOWU Facebook - *?*

TUGOWU YouTube - *?* [/spoiler]

Outside TUGOWU

[spoiler] God Of War: Official website for God Of War.

God Of War Ascension: Official website for Ascension. *later*

God Of War CoO: Official website for CoO.

God Of War 1: Official website for GoW1.

God Of War II Official website for GoWII.

Island of Rhodes: Secret Website found with a 999,999 hit combo by GodModeGOD.

God Of War GoS: Official website for GoS. *later*

God Of War III: Official website for GoWIII.

God of War III secret website: Revealed GoS. *later*

GoW Betrayal: Official website. *?*

GoW Wiki: ...

GoW Wikia: ...

GoW blog: Official blog for GoW.

Cory Barlog's new blog: The game director of God Of War II.

David Jaffe's blog: Recently back..same use as Corey's.. *EDIT*

Louis: 3D Modeler/Artist for GoW *Very little GoWII work to be seen as of yet*

ballofsnow's GoW Speed Run: videos showing God Mode run *Put up others?*

PlayFrance GoW Concepts: Absolutely great collection *Highly suggested*

PlayFrance GoW In-Game: make for good reference.

the-creepers' GoW Gallery: Just as it sounds *a great deal of my findings across the net* and a great source. *EDIT*

Franchise's GoW Gallery: As it says.  To be updated.

TUGOWU GoW Gallery: For still more images. [/spoiler]

Previous Threads.

Ultimate Index
Introduction Thread
Custom Officer Card
TUGOWU Helpdesk

NOTE: We might, in the future, archive old versions of threads here along with the new links.  Perhaps various 'runner' threads, more dev blogs (and other such things).  Plenty of room for expansion, but little real demand or desire to bother.  Lots of dead links to contend with and I've lost my old list of blogs, sites, etc. along with my original collection of images and such.

GameSpot Threads

[spoiler] Customer Support ("Ask a Question" section) *also has "Topics")

Moderation History (Just Your Own *ONLY*)

Ask the Mods (board)

NOTE: READ their FAQ before asking anything there.

Post History (Anyones): http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/post_history.php?user=INSERT NAME HERE

NOTE: You apparently cannot check out GFAQs based accounts

admin.gifHOW TO GAMESPOT It covers A LOT and should be at least glanced over.

NOTE: Best viewed with 10 posts per page as preference!

NOTE2: LOTS of links inside.

GS Union Recruitment Board (perhaps to be used in the future..perhaps not)

"Recruiting & Feedback
The best way to recruit or ask for feedback in the forums is to start with helpful subject topics. These type of acronyms listed below will help many forum users know exactly what you are requesting, and are more likely to get the most attention.

LFCM: [Your Union]
Definition: It stands for Looking for Charter Members.
Example: LFCM: GameSpotting

LFF: [Preferred Union Name]
Definition: It stands for Looking for Feedback.
Example: LFF: Nintendo Anime Union"

Site Enhancements Compendium

Archived Enhancements [/spoiler]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrStarkiller
I wonder if 'spoiler' tags would help at all.  At any rate, links need updating, couldn't center one banner, some graphics are missing (banners, tags, signs, etc.) and we might want to update/review our 'rules' as well.  More affiliates from unions and others sites (also branching out to 'new pastures' *social media*).
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrAssassin83
Thanks for the fixes. For some reason I couldn't move the tags or images.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrStarkiller
It was all copypasta for me.  Other than that, I'm updating links right now.  Might try spoiler tags.  Might not.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrAssassin83
Looking good. 
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrStarkiller
The recent matter of feminism and auto-rage (aside from MP and other blunders) has me too angry to focus on updates.  I'll cool off as I make other rounds.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrAssassin83
I'll check later then.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrStarkiller
Anger is tiring.  Have my tabs and such ready for when I do next make a move on the CoO thread.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrAssassin83
I may eventually check the CoO tab.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrStarkiller
You're free to contribute (in suggesting things in posts) whenever.  I'm just taking my sweet ass time.  Such projects are a pain to get around to, but once you get on them, they flow pretty smoothly.
Ghostdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghostdown
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Bah, this place stinks.

EDIT: I dislike GS and how they censor.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrStarkiller

>he's upset about censoring

You've much to learn.  But then, you haven't yet made yourself learn well through restriction.  It breeds creativity, friend.

ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ClassyGent
Member since 2011 • 421 Posts

Bah, this place sucks horse ****

EDIT: **** GaySpot **** them and their **** censorshipGhostdown

How odd. This fellow seems vexed and is claiming an EDIT when none was made. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrStarkiller

>when none was made

The best part.  That and the needless 'full censoring'.  Someone hasn't read the terms *hohoho*.

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrAssassin83
Sorry, too many * for my taste. I had to fix it.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrStarkiller

You could have done him the service of just correcting the censoring to allow for asterisks without meaning.

NOTE: Spoke with Alucard via email (got his new one).  He might stop by.  Might not.  Time will tell.  He's working with GoWIII again though.  Some VH vanilla run.

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrAssassin83

I see. What is his psn? i may add him. or tell him to add me. I'm on GoW III again.

I've been debating doing a NUR+ on GoW I-III. What say you? 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrStarkiller

>his PSN

Hell if I know that by heart.  Alucard_Rules, maybe?

>VH NUR+ for I-III

Sure, why not.  Maybe spice them up.  NBR+ NUR+ and NGR+ NUR+.  You dig?  Maybe take that action to CoO and GoS.

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrAssassin83
Not in my plans. NUR+ is all I plan. time to take a break from the truly taxing polaythroughs.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrStarkiller

>polaythroughs

What?

>break from pressure

I suppose NUR+ would be relaxing as such.

Ghostdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghostdown

Franchise you stupid ****, why the **** are you editing my **** messages, you **** lowlife.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrStarkiller
^This doesn't seem legit.  Franchise, editting isn't to be used so lightly.  You should revert the post to the way it was before.  When we edit, we are meant to say who did the job and why.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrAssassin83
Ok, I just think all the * is an eye sore.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrStarkiller

I'd still like that CoO Tactics/Tips thread reviewed.  Also, suggestions for some 'tough fights' (if any).

>eye sore

It is, but them's the rules.  He should know the terms allow the first word.  Censoring them all is just ugly.  Perhaps he just says things and lets it auto-censor him.  Seems like the sort of laziness he would go for.

Ghostdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghostdown
**** you

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrAssassin83
Keep it up Ghost. My sig shows what I'll do to you.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrStarkiller

You ladies still kissing?

Where's the introduction, Ghost?  No name, age, location, run history, what you like about the series, etc.

Ghostdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghostdown

@Franchise

This is what I'll do to you.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Edit by MrAssassin. Reason, hide .gif 

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrAssassin83

^Sounds kinky. 

GS doesn't tolerate that kind of stuff. 

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheDean-OfMean
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts
Remind me, when did this Union begin abiding by what GS tolerates?
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrAssassin83
Not so much the Union as me. I've seen too many people loose their accounts. 
ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ClassyGent

Remind me, when did this Union begin abiding by what GS tolerates?TheDean-OfMean

Because we're all good boys now. 

Not so much the Union as me. I lost too many accounts. MrAssassin83

Really not a good thing to say. 

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrAssassin83
Yeah, I tend too slip.
ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ClassyGent
Your previous post pays testament to that fact.
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrAssassin83
It has been fixed. 
TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheDean-OfMean
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts
Cutesy. So how does leadership feel Gent?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrStarkiller

Ghost: That's hot.

Franchise: >doesn't tolerate

Better to have it hidden as such  I'm okay with it as such.  Can't speak for the softies.

Snake: Hard to say.

>how does it feel

Makes you feel like updating the Stats page to include all the GoW games relevant to this union.

gent: >good boys

All work and no play.

ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ClassyGent

Cutesy. So how does leadership feel Gent?TheDean-OfMean

Like it was always meant to be. Now that I have it I'm never going to give it up, or let it down. In fact I won't run around or dessert it.

Yeah, I went there.

Snake: Hard to say.

>how does it feel

Makes you feel like updating the Stats page to include all the GoW games relevant to this union.

MrStarkiller

You want me to do some actual work? I was in it just to see some EDIT histories and to have a green icon but OK.

Do I have to include Betrayal? 

EDIT

done and done. Including the PSP to PS3 ports of CoO and GoS that takes us one shy of our maximum. 

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrAssassin83
We are shaping up real nicely.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrStarkiller

gent: >have to include Betrayal

And whatever this latest compilation is going to be called (when the option is there).

>done

I'll look at it.  Let's see here. *checks*  Origins Collection and Trilogy aren't noted.

>MAX

What's all this now?  If there is such a limit, we'll make amendments as needed.  Collections (and Betrayal) fly out the window in the event of this.  However, GoW:A isn't noted (clearly counts).

Franchise: >shaping up

Doubly so.

ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ClassyGent

Some pasta 

Make your union game specific by associating up to 10 games with your union. For example, if you want to make a union around Master Chief, you may want to associate the union with all versions of Halo.

I tried a couple of times to associate Ascension but it wasn't happening. 

I'll  sort the other omissions out tonight. I just added everything that came to mind, forgot you septics had a trilogy. 

It might pay us to be more selective with what we add 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrStarkiller

>just 10 games

Guess you're s*** out of luck if your series has more than 10 games associated with it.  What foolishness.

>can't use Ascension

Odd.

>septics

The nips?  It was for them as I recall.  The latest collection among collections will be for everybody.

ClassyGent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ClassyGent
So you have a definitive list of what needs to be associated then?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrStarkiller

>definitive list

Easy to make.  Nobody respects the Mobile game.  That is clear.  Non-individual releases are not 'unique'.  Not really (though the ports do mess with this and that and some don't hvae the originals).  In the case of more and more games, the only real call is the obvious one:

-GoW:A (PS3) *whenever the damn thing works*

-CoO (PSP)

-GoW1 (PS2)

-GoS (PSP)

-GoWII (PS2)

-GoWIII (PS3)

Were it not for this silly 10 game restriction, all casee would be accepted to widen the relation to TUGOWU at GS, but I suppose we cannot help that.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 Wright
Member since 2022 • 12 Posts

Hey all, glad to be here. I'm Wright, someone who started playing God of War proper not too long ago. My very first time playing God of War 1 was almost a decade ago (if not longer), but didn't finish it. I picked it back up some months back after hearing a lot of good things about the combat. It is rare for a game to keep me hooked for this long nowadays (haven't really played much else other than this ever since I started playing it), but God of War 1 and 2 managed to be among the few cases.

Though I must mention that I don't really have much experience with Action games in general. Only played stuff like Shinobi (PS2), Viewtiful Joe 1, and... of course, God of War.

What did I like about it? The grab and collision system, as well as the many ways to use the environment to your advantage. They're meaningful, very often potent (collisions scaling with settings and costumes also help), depending on the case, they grant you i-frames (safety), but aren't mindlessly overpowered in a way that your other options are rendered useless. Love that the different combat scenarios and enemy compositions encourage you to approach fights differently, there was never really a moment in the game where I thought "meh, I wish the game ended already". Quite the opposite. I wanted more. So I played the first and second title on the hardest setting, and they both got even better, as enemies hitting much harder (along with being more aggressive) meant that I needed to, as they say, 'get good' at the games in order to clear them.

What happened after I finished the first title on Very Hard (God Mode)? I wanted MORE. With the help of MrStarkiller and Xristos Zimnas, I managed to find out even more tactics and new approaches to clear fights more efficiently. I did a No Upgrade Run +, and had a blast with it. A pretty difficult experience in comparison to a vanilla Very Hard run, but that was precisely what made it so fun. I was still not satisfied, however. After that, I did a PAIN run. Managed to learn even more stuff by approaching things differently. And I still have

things to learn. That's one of the reasons why I fell in love with the games. They have a surprising amount of depth to their systems.

I still want more, though. Will obviously not stop at these two titles, or even at doing specialty runs. I will definitely play God of War III, Chain of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, and yes, even Ascension.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrStarkiller

>all

Just me, baby. Just me.

>glad to be here

At the archives and tomb of the old community? Well, glad to have you.

>I'm Wright

You're not wrong, mister.

>not too long ago

What was it? A month or so? Time escapes me.

>decade ago dabble without finishing

Right, right.

>limited experience in this niche

So I'd heard it said.

>played Shinobi

>Viewtiful Joe

Not exactly the closest relatives.

>grabs and collisions

Non-Power % tools. One with i-frames, locks and other charms. Enemy Power %...enjoy the scaling while it lasts.

>work the environment

Hazards, chokepoints and what have you, yes.

>git gud

Challenge runs help make this even more true as you can attest.

>Zim

Fine lad.

>NUR+

And even PAIN*, yes. A rare sort, indeed.

>yes, even Ascension

Just be ready for it drain you of that love.