This topic is locked from further discussion.

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts

I hope this is more like what you wanted Eternal, a God Mode NUR thread, however in this one, all members are allowed to post. which we'll soon find out are the ones who are/have already did a God Mode NUR anyways :P

NUR stands for No Update (Upgrade for this game) Run, so what it means is that you cannot upgrade any of your weapons or magic. Since it is impossible to beat the Kratos Clones reliablyin these conditions, the NUR ends right there as luck is not an acceptable factor. NUR on difficulties other than God Mode are accepted

So, guys like me who are still working on one can post their updates, others can suggest tactics for opponents since we're using a couple of lvl 1 blades and lvl 1 magic.

Acheivements, tense/funny occasions, hardest easiest momments, all can be shared here.

Peace!

EDIT BY GodModeGOD

I'm going to elaborate on this post a bit.

Tags

-The tags associated with being a "TUGOWU Speedrun veteran","TUGOWU NUR veteran"and "TUGOWU Speedrun/NUR veteran" require that you have completed those runs with success. If you only have "pending" and/or "timed out" runs for Speedrun/NUR you are not awarded these tags. curlfro will administer punishment for offenders of this rule.

Brief Definition

No Update Run (NUR): Going through the game without using experience/leveling your weapons/spells

No Update Run Plus (NUR+): Same as NUR, but you also cannot upgrade Health/Magic

General Kratos:Titan Mode:NUR (GK:TM:NUR): In GoWII Bonus Play, use General Kratos in a Titan Mode NUR. No urns!

Recognized Run Types

GoW Normal NUR - to completion

GoW God Mode NUR - to clones (at least defeat Ares1)

GoW God Mode NUR+ -same conditions

GoWII Normal NUR - to completion (assessing)

GoWII Normal NUR+ - same conditions (assessing)

GK:Norm:NUR - to completion (assessing)

Titan Mode NUR - to completion

Titan Mode NUR+ - same conditions

GK:TM:NUR - no urns! - to completion

game difficulty Speedrun -member'sbest time*until a "Speedrunner's Club" is formed*

NOTE: Should I include Easy/Spartan NURs(GoW1) and Easy/Normal/God NURs? (GoWII)

NOTE2: If you have a suggestion for better organizing/naming these by all means post them

Club Members plus Runs

completed/pending

abaddononion2:

-GoWSpartan NUR

-GoW God Mode NUR+

-GoWII God Mode NUR

-Titan Mode NUR/NUR+

-GK:TM:NUR (pending)

AimForTheHead:

-Titan Mode NUR

-GoWII Titan Mode Speedrun - 5:35:45

AuthItalynGyrl:

-GoWII Norm NUR

booyakasha:

-GoW God Mode NUR+

-Titan Mode NUR+

Eternal:

-GoW God Mode NUR

Evan:

-GoW Normal NUR

-GoW God Mode NUR

-Titan Mode NUR+ (pending)

Fend_Oblvion:

-GoW Normal NUR

-GoW God Mode NUR

-Titan Mode NUR/ NUR+(pending)

forsaken_elf

-GoW1 God Mode NUR (pending)

GodModeGOD:

-GoW Normal NUR

-GoW God Mode NUR/NUR+

-GoWII Normal NUR/NUR+

-GK:Norm:NUR

-Titan Mode NUR/NUR+

-GK:TM:NUR

Hwoarang_Master:

-GoW God Mode NUR/NUR+

-GoWII God Mode NUR

-Titan Mode NUR

Inferno_Pirate:

-GoW1 Normal NUR (pending)

-Titan Mode NUR (pending)

lvlUNE3B:

-GoW God Mode NUR (pending)

MistryMan:

-GoW1 God Mode NUR+

-Titan Mode NUR+

MrEmpirical:

-GoW God Mode NUR+

-Titan Mode NUR+

omerhe:

-Titan Mode NUR+ (pending)

Shinobier:

-GoW God Mode NUR+*

-Titan Mode NUR+

Soul:

-GoW Normal NUR

-GoW God Mode NUR

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts
dude, I finished mine a week ago...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 evanescfan
oh ok then sorry i for the misunderstandin- is it me? or did someone edit the topic title and my post?
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Soulxxx
*rolls eyes* *whistles* yeah, I thought to make it sort of official. added some more details and rules.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 evanescfan
[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]*rolls eyes* *whistles* yeah, I thought to make it sort of official. added some more details and rules.

oh, ok. it's just that i wanted anyone to post here but now it's narrowed to the godmode NUR players. ah well never mind .........u can do that? that's new..! oh and btw, i reached the "halls of hades", right before the challenge of hades
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soulxxx
Let's see if the centaurs will be as easy as those puppies...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 evanescfan
:| man i didn't think of those..! but honestly, the first puppies with cerebrus were easy as pie. all i did was ignore/block the cerebrus and focus on the puppies by light attacks and grabs every now and then which led kratos to stomp on them. maybe a couple of PR would be nice too. then i looked at cerebrus, juggled him in the air, then kept grappling him till he reached the ground, then juggled him and grappled somemore. i think i got out of the fight without a scratch :) however, when i met the puppies after gaining the ability to dive into water, they were tough! took like 3 times to nail them. but it was doable, the key is to block, light attack, and grapple every now and then for health orbs
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Soulxxx
[QUOTE="evanescfan"]:| man i didn't think of those..! but honestly, the first puppies with cerebrus were easy as pie. all i did was ignore/block the cerebrus and focus on the puppies by light attacks and grabs every now and then which led kratos to stomp on them. maybe a couple of PR would be nice too. then i looked at cerebrus, juggled him in the air, then kept grappling him till he reached the ground, then juggled him and grappled somemore. i think i got out of the fight without a scratch :) however, when i met the puppies after gaining the ability to dive into water, they were tough! took like 3 times to nail them. but it was doable, the key is to block, light attack, and grapple every now and then for health orbs

oh, you're talking about the part after pulling Poseidons trident? yeah, believe it or not I did it on first try... mainly with the scissors attack, you know, R1 R1 [ ] or [ ] [ ] ... [ ] and PR, ofcourse. centaurs are pretty easy once you understand the strategy, but if you're really desprate, check GMG's thread, first post, and roll down to "Centaurs".
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 evanescfan
thanx for the hint but i found something funny in your post; how can u possibly use the RI button in a NUR? that's a good tactic i agree and it's what i usually do, but in a NUR? how?
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Soulxxx
****... ok so I died like 10-12 times but the important things is I did it in the end!! :P
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 evanescfan
with or with out an upgrade? *raises eye brow*
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Soulxxx
ofcourse without! you're starting to question my journey? I suggest you don't... ;)
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 evanescfan
no..no i wouldn't. *smirks*
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

It has returned from brink of extinction...The God Mode NUR (club)

The puppies don't put up a fight until you reach the roof just above the architect and his wife (just ask Soul).  I never had a problem with them...though I did underestimate the Centaurs.  I did not repeat that miscalculation with the Satyrs (who I took very seriously *pwned* ). 

Those Harpies (Conveyor Belt) were a joke when I wasn't being spit on/hit by a 5 year old (who got a savage beating from his father for said acts *lol my cousin Rich has a terrible burden of a son* ).

Centaurs FTW.  Satyrs are FTW.  Minotaurs FAIL yet Fat Mintaurs PWN...so make a heavy weight class of a Centaur or a Saytr and watch the n00bs cry.

~The Helpdesk is just gathering dust...I can appreciate a club for God Mode NUR veterans and those that wish to declare there attempt but seriously...the thread MADE and stickied for questions is completely neglected...

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Soulxxx
I think that the time it takes the puppy to grow lowers everytime... I mean, in that roof you were talking about, those puppies grew like mad!! I'm getting a DEMO!!!!! PSYCHED!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the-creeper

They did grow at an impressive rate...they actually recquired some effort (which is surprising since they are usually just green orbs with 4 legs and a nice EXP bonus).  I can't recall a more frustrating sight than when I was stomping one of the puppies (kill grapple) and the d*mn thing grew up AFTER I crushed it!  Though I was able to Infinite Air Grapple it to its ultimate destination I was still stunned by the sight. 

~GodModeGOD is happy for you..I'm glad a fellow master was able to get a hold of a free, signed demo of God of War II

Avatar image for etrnalconundrum
etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 etrnalconundrum
Member since 2006 • 1527 Posts
this is ok. i guess i just caried away with my own idea. ~I also wanted to offer Evan a truce while im at it ( your lucky too, considering how ****ing pissed off i am at **** right now )
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Soulxxx
so who's up for another NUR?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the-creeper

I might be gain for a third run sometime next week (for now I must get some nagging obligations out of the way so as to free up some focus)

~How goes the NUR Evan?

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soulxxx
i'm a little stomped myself with stuff... we have school tomorrow (after 10 days of holiday) and I don't wanna go!! I want more holiday!! I want to play GOW!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the-creeper

So let me ask you..In try GodModeGOD fashion:

"How does it feel to want?"

~lulz

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Soulxxx
wanting sux... having it rulez!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the-creeper

Tis one of my favorite phrases...

Example

Me: Would you like some moneyz Lebowski?

Lebowski: YA RLY

Me: How does it feel to want?

Lebowski: A lot like surprise *********..

Me: That good huh?

or

I open a door for a friend saying "Ladies first" and then the guy will likely try and go after me to which I would retort "*****s last"

~Hilarity is sure to ensue

Also NUR

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soulxxx
Who's Lebowski? -when someone pull the ladies first thing on me I say "dogs before" and wait for him to get in.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the-creeper

I'd rather be a "dog" then a "*****" (AKA a female dog)

~TRUTH

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 evanescfan
[QUOTE="etrnalconundrum"]this is ok. i guess i just caried away with my own idea. ~I also wanted to offer Evan a truce while im at it ( your lucky too, considering how ****ing pissed off i am at **** right now )

thanx eternal, i appreciate it. so r we cool? *hands out stretched* well gmg, i still havn't played the game since last night because i had college today (things go a little slow till the weekend arrives) but i'm currently at the halls of hades about to face the centaurs...eek! :P
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the-creeper

Just remember to use the blood pool between the sacrificial circles if you need a break in the action:

1. Use it to draw them away so you can sprint for the health chest should you need them.

2. If they are getting too "Arrow Happy" just take a quick dive to settle them down.

~That Shockwave is absolutely devastating...always be on the look out for it

---You know the policy on asking for help so I'll leave it at that

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the-creeper

TRUTH

~NUR...how goes it Evan

---I think an Official "demote/promote Officer Thread" should be made (to voice opinions for curlfro to see) in the near future

etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 etrnalconundrum
have you ever noticed that GMG?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the-creeper

I distinctly noticed the Statues in the Throne Room of War (after leveling of course)..as for the NUR itself..mainly the puppies in the final encounter with them just above where the Architect and his wife lay dead.

~Satyrs are still the most worthy of adversaries...Centaurs aren't bad but something about them feels cheap..the Cerberus dogs are tough to deal with in groups but like other enemies..they just can't put up a fight by themself

-I still want a Boss Satyr fight...perhaps Pan...

etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 etrnalconundrum
Satyr = best = why its my icon
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the-creeper

Imagine Satyr Kratos w/ God Armor and Blades of the Fates w/ Rage of the Titans (PWNAGE)

~I suspect Soul should be posting within an hour

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Soulxxx
gtg to school soon, but still... you're talking about a costume?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the-creeper

Actually I was talking about an actual version (not just a costume) for the lulz it would bring.

~I suppose I'll be going to bed some time soon and post in about 16 hours (have a good deal of work to wrap up)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 evanescfan
sorry for the delay guys yeah that's what i did! that pool came in pretty handy. i'll admit i lost the fight with the centuars for like 8 times but then once i got a hang of them....i totally battered them!!! :twisted: well i'm about to face the boss mionatour!!!!! btw, i dunno if that's what we've got in the tactics thread, but i think it's worth the post: best way to kill a centaur; i believe u said we can use square-triangle, yes? well i found jump-triangle much easier! then the infinite grab thingy ;) to Eternal:*draws back hand* well, u get the picture
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the-creeper

sorry for the delay guys yeah that's what i did! that pool came in pretty handy. i'll admit i lost the fight with the centuars for like 8 times but then once i got a hang of them....i totally battered them!!! :twisted: well i'm about to face the boss mionatour!!!!! btw, i dunno if that's what we've got in the tactics thread, but i think it's worth the post: best way to kill a centaur; i believe u said we can use square-triangle, yes? well i found jump-triangle much easier! then the infinite grab thingy ;) to Eternal:*draws back hand* well, u get the pictureevanescfan

They aren't to be underestimated...I still think you'll enjoy Satyr combat more (though less difficult...it just feels less cheap and more like your fighting a worthy adversary).

The jump triangle tactic is admittingly one of the few I never got around to mentioning on ANY of the enemies.  I mainly use it on stubborn clowns that just won't stop blocking.  Beware using it on Centaurs and Spike Minotuars as they can draw you into their attack while you use it for some reason.  Works wonders on Satyrs...I'll add that sometime soon.

I wouldn't call it easier than the Infinite Air Grapple since all it does is set them up for it.

That Minotaur is a pushover...tell me how things turn out for you (try and use both the "double lever pull" and "left shoulder blind spot" exploits *give me your thoughts* ).

~Thanks for bringing that to my attention (I had forgotten to add it last time)..I keep neglecting it since it doesn't have a real name (Icarus Lift to triangle..just doesn't sound good)

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Soulxxx
My Tactic is the best! it's so smooth and quick... you gotta love it.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-creeper

My Tactic is the best! it's so smooth and quick... you gotta love it.Soulxxx

Your tactic?..He never said anything about the "grapple to Ascension" exploit and I don't remember any other you made being mentioned.

~Speaking of which have you used that on any Undead Captains yet Evan

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Soulxxx
so what if he hasn't mentioned it? I discovered it, and it turns the Undead Captains and Centaurs into sitting ducks. the Centaurs are a little more tough to kill this way if it's a group cause they are ****ing archers too...
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the-creeper

so what if he hasn't mentioned it? I discovered it, and it turns the Undead Captains and Centaurs into sitting ducks. the Centaurs are a little more tough to kill this way if it's a group cause they are f'ing archers too...Soulxxx

Then its mention was out of place..

The exploit doesn't work on the Centaurs the same way it does the Undead Captains...I had found the glitch myself and had arrived about an hour after you had already posted it.  So "discovered" is a bit strong...That would be like saying I discovered the strategy used for beating the Clones on God Mode..I can safely say I discoverd the BoC/Artemis fusion glitch but that is of little importance (just something for show).  Being the creator/finder of something on the internet isn't exactly an easily varifiable thing Soul...

~This much you must be able to understand (like who first started a fad or meme *YTMND fights about it with everyone even though most of their content isn't original)

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Soulxxx
I posted it first... hence, I found it first.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the-creeper

I posted it first... hence, I found it first.Soulxxx

^logical fallacy that needs no explanation.

~Why haven't you posted in the other topics yet!

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Soulxxx
school man! but I'm back now... Evan, UPDATE!! you should have finished it by now...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 evanescfan
school man! but I'm back now... Evan, UPDATE!! you should have finished it by now...Soulxxx
no i shouldn't! how can i get time to play when i wake up from 7 and come back at 3?! not to mention i've got work after wards, and need to sleep early to wake up early the other day. i told u guys; this will be slow during the week, and fast at the weekend. undead captains; can't say i had. if it did work, then it could have saved me a hell of a time since i find that easier than holding down the triangle button (that's why i prefer the "descension", quick and clean) the minatour: ok guys i almost nailed him!!! on the first try i stayed on the left side of the screen indeed it was easy, but too slow! i have a better tactic i'll tell later. and on that first try, i had him on his unarmored version! i was like wohoooo! i got u without losing once! but then he did this new move that i didn't recognize, and found the ground exploding under my feet for a few seconds (should have rolled :x) then died. after that i couldn't stand repeating the whole slow process, so i kept inventing new ones. and thanx to my sis, mum, and dad, i lost multiple times! every now and then someone would storm in complaining about something i had nothing to do about!!!! however, here's my best tactic till now (fastest for NUR): when u start, run up to the back of the room, climb the stairs, and don't chicken out and hide in the shades, stand in the middle! wait till the minatour reaches u, then start pawning him with all types of combos u've got on the lvl 1 blades. (i suggest lots of triangle attacks involved) he'll have 4 types of attack. only half of them are unblockable: 1-when he backs up his right arm (the left side on screen) to hit the platform like a pinball table, just double jump. 2 when he raises his left arm, he's about to grab, wait till he swings it then roll to your left and continue comboing...don't worry he won't get u that way, he's slow in that way, u'll finish him easily and in no time...well, fast enough for a NUR that is. my method has only one downfall: when he runs at the end of the room, i couldn't tell wether he's gonna charge back (so i double jump to avoid earthquake and lava) or sit there with the "O" icon, and so, i wait till the icon appears, then drop down, unfortunatly that's not enough time to get to him before he gets up again :? so i kinda count, he'll back up and charge like 3 times in a row, on the 4th, he'll get the icon, so i'll have to get moving early. or i can simply race him to the end of the room every time he backs up, then go back to the stairs if it's a false alarm i'm missing something: the double log attack, how's it work? i'll still have to try again tommorw. i only spent 1 hour today for the minatour
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Soulxxx
-New attack? you mean you've never seen this attack before? -Fighting on the platform is the safest way (and maybe the fastest) to kill him, but (!!) the most boring as well, because like you said, only 4 attacks, and he does it in fixed interval, so you know when to expect it, and you can easily tell what he's gonna do. -What you do is so not better... everytime he attacks you have to block, that's just a waste of time. and on the left shoulder exploit you never block so you actually get the same thing only forget the blocking PLUS (+) you get a very high hits combo ==> more ORBS!!! :) --Counting is the right thing to do, and I believe it is five times before he just sits there or whatever with the O on top of him, however you can tell when he does that. when you start the fight, notice that his spike-holes (or whatever they are) start blowing steam when you hit him enough times. when all of those holes start blowing steam, that's when he'll do that Moma-he-won't-stop-hitting-me-cry-like-a-b*tch thing, the Minigame. the second time you just gotta count...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 evanescfan

New attack? you mean you've never seen this attack before? -Fighting on the platform is the safest way (and maybe the fastest) to kill him, but (!!) the most boring as well, because like you said, only 4 attacks, and he does it in fixed interval, so you know when to expect it, and you can easily tell what he's gonna do.

er, isn't that a good thing?

-What you do is so not better... everytime he attacks you have to block, that's just a waste of time.

that's what i'm already doing when on his left side! in fact i can do even more combos while on the platform, while on the ground, i can only do like 3-4 max!

and on the left shoulder exploit you never block so you actually get the same thing only forget the blocking PLUS (+) you get a very high hits combo ==> more ORBS!!! :)

helloo! i'm doing a NUR! who cares!?

--Counting is the right thing to do, and I believe it is five times before he just sits there or whatever with the O on top of him, however you can tell when he does that. when you start the fight, notice that his spike-holes (or whatever they are) start blowing steam when you hit him enough times. when all of those holes start blowing steam, that's when he'll do that Moma-he-won't-stop-hitting-me-cry-like-a-b*tch thing, the Minigame. the second time you just gotta count...

now that's new and handy to know, thanx soul :)

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Soulxxx
you Woilcam...
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the-creeper

no i shouldn't! how can i get time to play when i wake up from 7 and come back at 3?! not to mention i've got work after wards, and need to sleep early to wake up early the other day. i told u guys; this will be slow during the week, and fast at the weekend.

undead captains; can't say i had. if it did work, then it could have saved me a hell of a time since i find that easier than holding down the triangle button (that's why i prefer the "descension", quick and clean)

the minatour: ok guys i almost nailed him!!! on the first try i stayed on the left side of the screen indeed it was easy, but too slow! i have a better tactic i'll tell later. and on that first try, i had him on his unarmored version! i was like wohoooo! i got u without losing once! but then he did this new move that i didn't recognize, and found the ground exploding under my feet for a few seconds (should have rolled ) then died. after that i couldn't stand repeating the whole slow process, so i kept inventing new ones. and thanx to my sis, mum, and dad, i lost multiple times! every now and then someone would storm in complaining about something i had nothing to do about!!!! however, here's my best tactic till now (fastest for NUR):

when u start, run up to the back of the room, climb the stairs, and don't chicken out and hide in the shades, stand in the middle! wait till the minatour reaches u, then start pawning him with all types of combos u've got on the lvl 1 blades. (i suggest lots of triangle attacks involved)
he'll have 4 types of attack. only half of them are unblockable:
1-when he backs up his right arm (the left side on screen) to hit the platform like a pinball table, just double jump.
2 when he raises his left arm, he's about to grab, wait till he swings it then roll to your left and continue comboing...don't worry he won't get u that way, he's slow

in that way, u'll finish him easily and in no time...well, fast enough for a NUR that is. my method has only one downfall:

when he runs at the end of the room, i couldn't tell wether he's gonna charge back (so i double jump to avoid earthquake and lava) or sit there with the "O" icon, and so, i wait till the icon appears, then drop down, unfortunatly that's not enough time to get to him before he gets up again so i kinda count, he'll back up and charge like 3 times in a row, on the 4th, he'll get the icon, so i'll have to get moving early. or i can simply race him to the end of the room every time he backs up, then go back to the stairs if it's a false alarm

i'm missing something: the double log attack, how's it work? i'll still have to try again tommorw. i only spent 1 hour today for the minatour evanescfan

1 day is enough time...a weekend is plenty.

You'll get another chance to use the grapple to Ascension exploit on the Undead Captain in Hades..

You should not have been killed even once against the Boss Minotaur.  Fighting on a NUR against him isn't all that hard.  You SHOULD have used the "double lever pull" exploit to SKIP his 3rd Phase (instantly stripping his armor off).  That fire attack only covers the middle and his right side (Kratos' left).  If it hits bad things happen...He has a few other attacks that are only seen when his armor comes off or you fight him at a certain position (such as a claw strike that isn't used at any other point but his right side on the ground)  Without armor he becomes more dangerous on the ground.  I assume you know of his flaming fist technique that creates 'homing' crater/explosions (4 of them).  Surely you don't mean to say that fighting him on the platform with him unable to attack made the process slower...and so what if it is boring (it cuts the battle down quicker...This is a NUR and you don't have much room for style to begin with).  "Shades"?  What the hell?  The exploit takes place DIRECTLY in front of him on YOUR right side (near stairs) while being 'under' HIS left shoulder where he repeats an animation that makes him looked confused (infinite loop so long as you don't move out of this "sweet spot").  There should never have been reason to worry about his other attacks since he ISN'T going to attack (also if you are playing a NUR you should have already master combat agaisnt him *know his moves and their foil* ).

Double Lever Pull: After doing the second O mini-game, get to the lever and press R2. (but DON'T STOP)  Keep tapping as fast as you can (through his entire cinematic reaction) until the screen shows you pulling the lever again while he charges the platform.  As soon as you see this you stop pressing R2 and start mashing X (to "bunny hop" at the last second).  4 things can happen here depending on your speed.

1. You were FAR too slow and not only got hit as he charged but you failed to pull the lever in time and have to strip off his armor the old fashioned way.

2. You were just fast enough to get that lever pulled again and you get hit by his charge.  He gets a nasty surprise (log to the chest at point blank).

3. You managed to jump but a split second too late and a glitch occurs that "ROCKETS" you into the air (5 times higher than normal).  All in all the same as number 3.

4. You did everything right (fast enough) and are rewarded with a bunny hop at the last possible second.

~I expect results with this next attempt (be sure to learn these exploits)..When you encounter Satyrs later..you might want to consider just dumping their bodies off the sides of a cliff or stunning them long enough to "petrify" them w/ MG (shatter them).  The reasons are simple...the have high endurace outside of their "pertrified" state and I wouldn't want you to waste A LOT of unnecessary time battling a lone Satyr.  HOWEVER..before doing this I suggest (on your first Satyr encounter) practicing the tactics/tips posted for them and getting a feel for NUR combat with the Satyrs...master 1-on-1 combat (restart after killing it if you need more time to perfect combat with them) first THEN 2-on-1 combat (it will come in handy when you fight them in Hades *where you can't toss them over the side*

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Soulxxx
Niiice... :)