Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

This thread will be dedicated to members discussing things they have a great liking of, not related to GOW(games specifically). Seems pretty straightforward.

I have become quite enamored with the Half-Life series. Currently I'm playing the PS2 remake of Half-Life, because I liked Half-Life 2 and the episodes so much. A few weeks ago I had a save that seemed to freeze on me. I quick-saved in the pipe in the chapter Apprehension, then died shortly after, and upon the game loading up, I couldn't move. I could look around, and the flashlight was on, but I couldn't move or use the crowbar. Fortunately I had accidentally made a new save a few chapters back instead of overwriting, so I didn't have to redo EVERYTHING I had up to that point. I finally caught up to the point that froze, and am in the next chapter. I really find it amazing how well the game handles considering how old it is.

I've been thinking about trying to finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I am on the last chapter, and I just can't get past the platforming part of the level. If anyone has any advice, or better yet, a link to a video showcasing how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts

Game Design. (specifically 'animation', 'combat' and 'creative aspects'

Art. (drawing) *though I don't do any these days*

Horror (flicks)

Anime (Naruto/DBZ) *mostly as an extra interest in the case of the former; the latter is a cla$$ic I'll never stop loving*

Trolling/Internet Culture

Gaming...I've been keeping track of quite a few different titles.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

Lately gaming has slowed a little. After completing GTAIV and more or less tiring of it not long after that, I began to play Oblivion again. Now, I'm trying to get NGB back off a friend before NGII comes out (Friday).

Alucard: You're talking about the underground magma chamber, are you not? That section is a b*tch. I can't really remember how I did it myself, I haven't seen any videos either, I suppose my best advice is to keep trying. (What specific part is giving you troubles?)

Lately I've been listening to music more than anything. I just don't get bored of some of these songs.

Question, would linking to certain works of our own (such as drawings) be ok?

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 addaminsain
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

Anime (Naruto/DBZ) *mostly as an extra interest in the case of the former; the latter is a cla$$ic I'll never stop loving*

fightmastermax

I guess old habits die hard eh, GMG? Look let it go, move on, remember it is o.k to say classic now

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snake4eva_92
No, rly. DBZ is cool.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 addaminsain

It may be, not debating that. CLASSIC.

$$ not required

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alucard_rules

Lately gaming has slowed a little. After completing GTAIV and more or less tiring of it not long after that, I began to play Oblivion again. Now, I'm trying to get NGB back off a friend before NGII comes out (Friday).

Alucard: You're talking about the underground magma chamber, are you not? That section is a b*tch. I can't really remember how I did it myself, I haven't seen any videos either, I suppose my best advice is to keep trying. (What specific part is giving you troubles?)

Actually I found a video that showed how, and I was able to do it, and I find myself wondering, how didI not figure that out sooner. It is still a pain to have to do over and over again, and now I can't beat the final boss. The FAQs I read say he's easy, but I'm rusty and out of items, so I am finding very difficult, to the point that I gave up and resumed playing Half-Life.

Lately I've been listening to music more than anything. I just don't get bored of some of these songs.

Question, would linking to certain works of our own (such as drawings) be ok?

Snake4eva_92
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Snake4eva_92

$$ not required

addaminsain

Ah, my mistake.

Alucard: I myself found the final boss quite tough also (though not nearly as bad as Alma), just keep at it if you can bear going back to it. I don't see how people find him easy either, not the hardest, but you can beat him. Flying Swallow (jump foward to []) is very effective on him.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rininganboy
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts

Martial arts

Weapons(designing weapons and information on weapons in general)

Anime(usually Bleach and Naruto)

Cars(any kind of car modification as long as it looks cool or makes the car go faster)

Playing video games

Watching TV

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alucard_rules
[QUOTE="addaminsain"]

$$ not required

Snake4eva_92

Ah, my mistake.

Alucard: I myself found the final boss quite tough also (though not nearly as bad as Alma), just keep at it if you can bear going back to it. I don't see how people find him easy either, not the hardest, but you can beat him. Flying Swallow (jump foward to []) is very effective on him. Oh, that's flying swallow. I was trying to do the jump + triangle, flying swallow might work better. Plus I'm rusty at rolling. I might give it another go tonight.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts
It doesn't alway let me say classic and style >_>
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alucard_rules
God, I hate Ninja Gaiden. I just can't beat the final boss. It is really pissing me off. I know I could do it if I had just 1 Great Spirit Elixir, but no, no items, even though I have a good amount of money. How retarded is that? I can only spend money at the shops, and they are so f*cking rare. If there was one in the final level, I would have beaten it by now, but no. And I just can't seem to sidestep his attacks, or find enough openings for Flying Swallow. I can handle really hard stuff in GOW, even DMC, but not Ninja Gaiden(not at the moment at least), because they force you to do such hard platforming, and place save points nowhere near bosses.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~Ninja Gaiden is ridiculously difficult, in my opinion DMC doesn't even compare. Normal on Ninja Gaiden is somewhere bewteen Hard and DMD on DMC. For GoW, Titan is certainly more difficult than normal Ninja Gaiden, but not by too much. -On the other hand I may just suck at Ninja Gaiden (though I'm still getting it tomorrow) but there's no doubt to the fact that it's significantly more difficult than both GoW and DMC, which are both very tough games in their own right.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alucard_rules
I read the review for NGII, which said that there are more save points and less tedium, which sounds good. Although it is XBOX 360 exclusive, which sucks. I got really close to beating the final boss once today, like 2 Flying Swallows away from victory, but he used his dragon summon move, which the very first time he used it I was able to dodge it, and have not been able to do it since. Half the time that I think he'll be open to the Flying Swallow he just swats it off. And I'm not able to dodge nearly as well as I'd like. Oh well, I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I switched to Half-Life and made some progress, which felt good after being so frustrated with NGS.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snake4eva_92
NG is indeed ridiculously difficult. Even Ninja Dogg was a challenge, and I have yet to go through it on normal (which I was hoping to do before Friday...but I still don't have the game back).
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alucard_rules
NG is indeed ridiculously difficult. Even Ninja Dogg was a challenge, and I have yet to go through it on normal (which I was hoping to do before Friday...but I still don't have the game back).Snake4eva_92
Yeah, plus I hate how every 3 or 4 times I die it asks if I want to go to Ninja Dog mode. I understand the need for it, but in GOW I was asked very rarely, even when I'd be retrying a section a lot. I know I can beat it on Normal, just not anytime soon necessarily. If I could just figure out the exact times when he's open I'd be set, but half the time I think he'll be open, he's not.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 InfernoPirate
~I just switched to dog... I've never completed Ninja Gaiden on Normal either. Though admittedly I'd never completed DMC on Dante Must Die at that point either, muahahah. I'm sure I can handle normal NGII.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snake4eva_92

I just got NGII...it is currently sitting next to me (I don't get all that excited about games anymore, I'll finish up a few Gamespot rounds before playing it).

I'll leave some more thoughts later if anyone's interested.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 addaminsain

Course we are interested. C2S at all times snake, dude.

It would seem we are back to the matter of how infuriating it isd when games ask if you wish to switch to easy mode. salt in the wound then insults to go with the injury. its most annoying when you die on a platforming section multiple times, only to be told that only combat will be affected. Urge to kill rising...

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alucard_rules

Course we are interested. C2S at all times snake, dude.

It would seem we are back to the matter of how infuriating it isd when games ask if you wish to switch to easy mode. salt in the wound then insults to go with the injury. its most annoying when you die on a platforming section multiple times, only to be told that only combat will be affected. Urge to kill rising...Fading...Rising...Fading...fading...gone. I feel that it is a necessary feature in any type of game like this, and especially for one as punishing as Ninja Gaiden. HOWEVER, as you said it is infuriating when you die while platforming and it tells you to switch to easy mode. As well as even if you die during combat, it tells you to take the wussy route every 3-4 times you die. If it asked only every 7-8 times, it would be less infuriating.

addaminsain
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 addaminsain

Just playing Devils Advocate here but surely that is a case for retry/restart whoring before the point of death?

You should see how quickly I can hammer the restart option in CoO challenge2, far quicker than Kratos can fall to the ground after being hit (yeah I 've still not beat it but don't play that often)

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Alucard_rules
If only it were that simple. You see with many of NG's bosses, there isn't a save point right before fighting them, there is often a lengthy amount of gameplay that precedes them, whether it is a number of grunts, harsh platforming, or a "healthy" mixture of both. If I could just restart from the very beginning of the fight against the last boss, I probably would have beaten him by now, but no, as I've probably said many times now, I have to do a TIMED bit of rought platforming before I get to him.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Snake4eva_92
Thankfully, NGII has checkpoints before every boss, so restart whoring is possible.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 addaminsain
Unlucky. Most of the restarts point in GoW are pretty kind, apart from the one they should have put right before wave3 of the translator fight. I seem to remember that the PoP series had some pretty harsh restart points. If I die in a fight I want to restart at the fight, not run jump climb or shimmy to get there. You have my sympathy. (have you checked your YouTube inbox lately?)
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snake4eva_92
I have, have you?
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InfernoPirate
~That sounds like a challenge!
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alucard_rules
I have beaten Ninja Gaiden! However, the victory is somewhat hollow. I switched to Easy mode. I feel a little ashamed, but I just wanted to beat it and get it over with.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 InfernoPirate
~Don't feel ashamed: as someone who has beaten DMC4 on DMD, and sort of stopped playing DMC3 before beating it but did finish Hard *original* and started DMD without much trouble at all, I have not yet beaten the game on Ninja Dog mode, which I started at the first boss. Admittedly this has nothing to do with difficulty, but with the hideous underwater control scheme that is preventing me from successfully clearing mission 12. ****ing fish.

Also: I remember one beautiful time, before the Skeleton Dragon, where there was a room. This seemed like a simple room, and truly meant nothing. It was a foolish platforming room tying two areas together. Thanks to massive phailure on the game's part and a relative amount of it on my own, I was in this room for 45 minutes. That sounds like a long time, but not a LONG time. Trust me, next time you play a game, put on a timer and try to jump on the same two blocks for 45 minutes. You'll understand.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snake4eva_92

I remember the place, platforming wasn't doen too well in NGB, it's better in NGII, however 'better' (than NGB) wouldn't have been hard.

Some things went wrong earlier when a friend came round and my NGII save file (on Acolyte) was overwritten. I couldn't be bothered to do all that again on Acolyte, so instead I started a Warrior run, I'm almost up to where I was on Acolyte too. It's harder, no doubt, but nothing I can't handle yet.

MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrCycleCancel
Member since 2008 • 1869 Posts

I enjoy partaking of fine brandy and cigars, with the occasional vist to an opium den and from time to time, a brothel.

What about you gentlemen, what interests do you have?

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alucard_rules
Well, given the opportunity I would partake of the same fine things you yourself like. However, it is now mainly video games, tv, anime, manga, and card games.
Mr-Serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr-Serpent
Member since 2008 • 336 Posts

Second hand smoke is a little too much for me to bare, so I must humbly decline the cigars (that you didn't offer, which you should have, being a gentlemen).

I enjoy long walks in the park/beach at sundown.

And God of War on the rare occasion.

MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrCycleCancel

Both I and my close acquaintance Mr Moe Szyslak quite enjoy using our sharp minds and keen engineering skills to modify firearms in order to further increase ou success when out shooting of a morning.

Here is a stylised sketch of such a modified weapon.

moegun
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alucard_rules
A true gentleman's weapon. Though I must ask, where is the crossbow with poison-tipped arrows?
MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrCycleCancel

Good sir I shall for give your lack of knowledge on account of your nationality (you far outdo your compatriots, kudos to you for that) but a true gentleman does not use poison of any sort. Hot lead is all that is required. Even the most potent of poisons of which I have sampled many, some for recreational purposes, such as those harvested from small tropical frogs can allow the prey to run. A healthy stag can easiy be startled, both the anrenaline coursing through its bloodstream and the poison used can taint the flavour of the meat. A sufficiently toxic poison to prevent the beast from fleeing can prove toxic upon consumption. Especially when savouring a glass of the freshly slaughtered beasts blood. A slower acting poison may give the beast time to escape, a gentleman does not pursue, things should fall at his feet.

Forgive me for scoffing but Mr Alucard we are not in the Amazonian rainforests right now, that is where such barbaric practises as poison darts belong, lets remain gentleman and keep it that way, shall we?

Had you asked about the Barbed Harpoon firing attatchment with silver cable (expensive but worth it to avoid the loss in potential difference or if you prefer "Voltage") connected to a transportable electricity generator then the tone of my reply would have been somewhat more welcoming.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alucard_rules
You assume sir that I meant the poison-tipped arrows for the hunting of something one intends to eat. Far more cruel to simply let the thing slowly die and rot. Though, were one to be hunting for sustenance, or merely a ritualistic snack, then slugs would be the best. Something that expands upon impact, tearing the flesh further opening the wound allowing for greater blood loss, while still leaving the animal mobile enough to let the fun continue, but still ensure success. And I hear that fear makes the meat taste better.
MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrCycleCancel
Good sir you shock and appall me, you portray the facade of a gentleman yet inside you beats the heart of a bloodthirsty barbarian, do you perchance hail from the americas?
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alucard_rules
Sir, you disgrace yourself by asking a question that you already fully know the answer to, as well as being guilty of "pot calling the kettle black" syndrome.
MrCycleCancel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrCycleCancel
Noble Mr Alucard you have bested me on this occasion, it will be the last time. I now know to up my game significantly when conversing with you.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Alucard_rules
I take that as a compliment good sir, though to assume it won't happen again is to once again underestimate me, a fatal flaw.