matchpenalty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 matchpenalty11
Member since 2006 • 541 Posts
I bet Kratos is destined to become leader of the Titans at the end of God of War 3 since he did save them from being defeated in the titan war. If there is a God of War 4 he will likely be betrayed by the titans and change his fate and strike a deal with the olympians. Just a theory.
matchpenalty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 matchpenalty11
Also he does control the fates now.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

I bet Kratos is destined to become leader of the Titans at the end of God of War 3 since he did save them from being defeated in the titan war. If there is a God of War 4 he will likely be betrayed by the titans and change his fate and strike a deal with the olympians. Just a theory.matchpenalty11

It's set for a trilogy.  My guess is that Kratos will find the Titans to be as Kain found the Elder Gods...to be a "cancer" as a user from the main boards described them.  It is up to Kratos to right the wrong he has done and defeat the Titans.

~First we'll battle the gods and then we'll hear their story (we saw Kratos and the Titan's perspectives but not the Olympians).  Later we will have to do battle with the Titans as Gaia LIES *I trust Athena's word far more than any other*  Typhon will be free of his mountain confinement in GoWIII..things should get interesting..we'll need at least the size of an Olympian to have a chance at battling any Titan in a boss encounter

---Perhaps the Giants, Hecatonchires and Primordial Cyclops will fit into the game this time around...then again there was a lot that didn't make it into the game this time around..they had what they measured to be 25 hours of material cut down to 15

Their Chimera concept art looked pretty freaking cool BTW..

reviewriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 reviewriter
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of blood
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the-creeper

Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of bloodreviewriter

Then God of War will NEVER disappoint.

blueflamedino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blueflamedino
Member since 2005 • 2355 Posts

[QUOTE="reviewriter"]Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of bloodthe-creeper

You can never be to sure, people said the same thing about DMC 2

matchpenalty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 matchpenalty11

Whe i said if there is a god of war 4 i also meant to say it would be very unlikely.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="reviewriter"]Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of bloodblueflamedino

You missed the context of my joking response to what reviewriter said I assume..

~If greatness is measured in blood...God of War is beyond the ability of any reviewer to truely measure

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 strikeagain
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts

[QUOTE="matchpenalty11"]I bet Kratos is destined to become leader of the Titans at the end of God of War 3 since he did save them from being defeated in the titan war. If there is a God of War 4 he will likely be betrayed by the titans and change his fate and strike a deal with the olympians. Just a theory.the-creeper

It's set for a trilogy.  My guess is that Kratos will find the Titans to be as Kain found the Elder Gods...to be a "cancer" as a user from the main boards described them.  It is up to Kratos to right the wrong he has done and defeat the Titans.

~First we'll battle the gods and then we'll hear their story (we saw Kratos and the Titan's perspectives but not the Olympians).  Later we will have to do battle with the Titans as Gaia LIES *I trust Athena's word far more than any other*  Typhon will be free of his mountain confinement in GoWIII..things should get interesting..we'll need at least the size of an Olympian to have a chance at battling any Titan in a boss encounter

---Perhaps the Giants, Hecatonchires and Primordial Cyclops will fit into the game this time around...then again there was a lot that didn't make it into the game this time around..they had what they measured to be 25 hours of material cut down to 15

Their Chimera concept art looked pretty freaking cool BTW..

Same for me dude i  trusted Athena's words more than gaia's. Gaia he only waited and choosed the right  moment to send kratos against the gods she use him and dude i want kratos to see behind hers lies ripe her head and feed it to the crows.

After all she knew everything remember she said that she watched over kratos. I wonder  since kratos brought the titans to his timeline if the titans will rescue kronos since he is  titan's true leader.

Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="reviewriter"]Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of bloodblueflamedino

Haha, ain't that the truth. I don't know, I just beat the game, and I think Kratos' destiny is headed in the wrong direction, I sort of trust Athena more.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-creeper
[QUOTE="blueflamedino"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="reviewriter"]Don't really care about the storyline as long as there's still a lot of bloodDark-Messenger

Haha, ain't that the truth. I don't know, I just beat the game, and I think Kratos' destiny is headed in the wrong direction, I sort of trust Athena more.

As I have said.  There is no more trustworthy deity then Athena in the God of War universe.

Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dusty114
Member since 2004 • 10403 Posts
I thought this whole thing was about Zues and killing him.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the-creeper

I thought this whole thing was about Zues and killing him. Dusty114

That was Kratos single-minded goal that drove him all the way to Zeus.  However, even he would need some true assistance to storm Olympus.  To him it seems like Gaia and the Titans are "in the right"...he should have realized that only Athena speaks the whole truth..with her dead he will be surrounded by lies until yet another catastrophe occrus by his hands. 

~I cannot picture Olympus surviving without the Olympians (or at least one of them) telling Kratos their perspective of the Great War events..who tells is like it is on Olympus though?  Just Athena.  I cannot imagine Gaia playing the narrator very well when she is fully revealed in GoWIII.  Someone else will need to take up the task..I'll be rooting for some kind of return from the goddess of wisdom/weaving/strategic war.  It may come down to Kratos having to use his control over time to reverse what he has done..In the end..the only peace Kratos will ever know is in death..with luck..in Elysium with his wife and daughter..

NOTE: Death of Olympian class deities is never covered in Greek Mythology..so I'm unsure if gods get any destination other than Hades (Tartarus more over)..it's a nice thought to think that their actions come with consequences too..perhaps Athena's acts while a goddess have earned her a place in Elysium as well..that would be unheard of but at the same time quite fitting... just even

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 strikeagain
I want to ask something off-topic .Can An office or someone else  find the the art with atlas and kratos becareful not the photo but an art i want to put it as a wallpaper to my desktop.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dusty114
Member since 2004 • 10403 Posts

O yeah Kratos now has complete control of the power of the Fates. I never thought they would kill off Athena like that, i thought they would have Zues kill her off for trying to protect Kratos.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the-creeper

I want to ask something off-topic .Can An office or someone else  find the the art with atlas and kratos becareful not the photo but an art i want to put it as a wallpaper to my desktop.strikeagain

Do you mean the one where Kratos is climbing a chain with the Undead attacking him and Harpies in the background? *Has Atlas holding up what appears to be fire which is actually magma from the bottom of the planet*

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 strikeagain

[QUOTE="strikeagain"]I want to ask something off-topic .Can An office or someone else  find the the art with atlas and kratos becareful not the photo but an art i want to put it as a wallpaper to my desktop.the-creeper

Do you mean the one where Kratos is climbing a chain with the Undead attacking him and Harpies in the background? *Has Atlas holding up what appears to be fire which is actually magma from the bottom of the planet*

Yes creeper  the one that shows kratos climbing a chain ,with the harppys and atlas holding  the magma. Can u give me a link because i want to put it as a wallpaper

alexsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 alexsalvador
Member since 2004 • 1320 Posts
I think Apollo will replace Athena as Kratos' "information giver," seeing as he is the god of prophecy and truth and is physically unable to tell a lie.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the-creeper

I think Apollo will replace Athena as Kratos' "information giver," seeing as he is the god of prophecy and truth and is physically unable to tell a lie.alexsalvador

Apollo's loyalty has always been to his father, Zeus.  Athena is something special among the Olympians of GoW.

~Sorry, I forgot where I was asked to find that pic

http://www.gamekult.com/images/J000076874/150003/

^You'll find it here

alexsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 alexsalvador
Member since 2004 • 1320 Posts
True. In the end, I just think Kratos is going to kill everybody, god, Titan, whatever. He's gonna kill 'em.
strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 strikeagain

[QUOTE="alexsalvador"]I think Apollo will replace Athena as Kratos' "information giver," seeing as he is the god of prophecy and truth and is physically unable to tell a lie.the-creeper

Apollo's loyalty has always been to his father, Zeus.  Athena is something special among the Olympians of GoW.

~Sorry, I forgot where I was asked to find that pic

http://www.gamekult.com/images/J000076874/150003/

^You'll find it here

Thx creeper

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 strikeagain

True. In the end, I just think Kratos is going to kill everybody, god, Titan, whatever. He's gonna kill 'em.alexsalvador

You know  after  i saw the video of gamespot that shows  cory confirms about gow for psp and gow3,i start to think that kratos will never go against the titans but let the time show  what they will do. I  would like to kill some traitor  titans after all  we are used to fight huge mythological creatures for launch.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 strikeagain

the-creeper

You know i also want to see and other gods not only those we saw in ending.  Artemis will be a formidable foe since she was the goddess of the hunting also i want to fight against some other heroes. The battle with Theseus(yes he is a badass in the game)left me with some minor scars but  i dont care.

You know since Cronos is the true a leader of the titans after the death of the olumpian gods i think titans will free cronos from his torment( this is the logical action) and since Cronos is far worst than Zeus i think they will  step aside kratos.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

The problem remains. If Gaia is turned into a enemy who will then narrate the story?

I don't think that Kratos's power to control time will hold. Either the temple of the Fates will collapse, as we saw at the ending of the game or the Titans will steal the power from him.

In GoW3 Kratos kills all the gods and realizes his mistake and then destroys all the Titan. And at the end he himself will be the lone ruler of Olympos. Sounds pretty good to me.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 strikeagain

The problem remains. If Gaia is turned into a enemy who will then narrate the story?

I don't think that Kratos's power to control time will hold. Either the temple of the Fates will collapse, as we saw at the ending of the game or the Titans will steal the power from him.

In GoW3 Kratos kills all the gods and realizes his mistake and then destroys all the Titan. And at the end he himself will be the lone ruler of Olympos. Sounds pretty good to me.

azad_champ

Agreed kratos power to time control must end.

Hm i dont think if gaia will turn into a enemy this will be a series problem after all in gow1 we didnt knew that gaia and narrator is the same person.

Maybe the actor will continue to narrate the story  as narrator and not as gaia or my other choice could be athena as a narrator but since is dead that will never happen.

Look we dont know how the story will go maybe kratos will just kill zeus and after he kills his at the same game titans will go against him and betray him so he must aid some of the surviving olympians against the titans or something like  that or maybe he will kill all the olympians and after that he will go against titans because gaia didnt said the full story to kratos and use some of the parts to create a lie reason.

Since  kratos  fights gods i mean titans and olympians both are consider as gods maybe the hole battle represent something like mortals agaist gods so a mortal narrator will be teresias or someone other greek prophet or maybe Hommer the writer as a narrato only Cory barlog knows that i hope he will let kratos battle the titans in the future. 

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
I just noticed something while playing GoW2. After your first encounter with the summoners a painting is on a wall. It shows Zeus with the Sisters. Does this mean that the titans actually won the war and Zeus changed the fate of 'em all? Just like the poster above me said, only Cory and a few key persons know that.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the-creeper
[QUOTE="azad_champ"]

strikeagain

Agreed kratos power to time control must end.

To the extent in the cutscenes..yes they do.  If he is to destroy every deity..then this is no problem.

Hm i dont think if gaia will turn into a enemy this will be a series problem after all in gow1 we didnt knew that gaia and narrator is the same person.

Maybe the actor will continue to narrate the story  as narrator and not as gaia or my other choice could be athena as a narrator but since is dead that will never happen.

This is still within the realm of possibility. (concerning Athena)  Gaia too could still be narrartor but the feel and handling would be much different.

Look we dont know how the story will go maybe kratos will just kill zeus and after he kills his at the same game titans will go against him and betray him so he must aid some of the surviving olympians against the titans or something like  that or maybe he will kill all the olympians and after that he will go against titans because gaia didnt said the full story to kratos and use some of the parts to create a lie reason.

The idea of Kratos killing Zeus and being betrayed by the Titans at that point would suffice.  Kratos finds himself in a losing battle with the Olympians on their last leg..one of them MUST tell their side of the story..what the "Golden Age of the Titans" was really about.  It is a pity to loose the assistance of Athena.  Leading them into a stand agaisnt the Titans would be great.  The last of the Olympians dying at Kratos side like the Last Spartan did..like Athena did..Kratos on another vengeance quest and he WILL deliver.

Since  kratos  fights gods i mean titans and olympians both are consider as gods maybe the hole battle represent something like mortals agaist gods so a mortal narrator will be teresias or someone other greek prophet or maybe Hommer the writer as a narrato only Cory barlog knows that i hope he will let kratos battle the titans in the future.

This is unlikely but could happen I suppose...if they want to go down that road..still improbable at best.  Battling Titans seems more like a guarantee then anything. 

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
Am I the only one who is still confused about what Atlas said?  About Kratos being the one who put him in his torment, and having met before?  I also still think that Apollo would make a decent back-up narrator/truth-teller, since he was a very virtuous god, and was the god of prophecy.  True, he may have been pretty loyal to his father, Zeus, but I still would trust his word over anyone's but Athena's.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the-creeper

Am I the only one who is still confused about what Atlas said?  About Kratos being the one who put him in his torment, and having met before?  I also still think that Apollo would make a decent back-up narrator/truth-teller, since he was a very virtuous god, and was the god of prophecy.  True, he may have been pretty loyal to his father, Zeus, but I still would trust his word over anyone's but Athena's.
Alucard_rules

The history of Atlas and Kratos was only established in GoWII..we'll have to learn more of it later.  Apollo wasn't quite so virtuous from what I've seen of him..tricking his sister into killing Orion...murdering the 3 original Cyclops (who made the weapon's used by Zeus, Hades and Poseidon in the Titanomachy) out of spite for Zeus, flaying a Satyr who lost to him in a competition...Apollo is a faithful son to Zeus..who just wants his recognition...he will remain our enemy.  Something abotu Gaia allows her to tell the story of Kratos from a future we know nothing of..this is all reflection on the past to her.  You are right to trust Athena more..sadly she doesn't have much say in matters anymore.  I must admit..I was surprised that they actually included Helios over Apollo in the cutscenes (even though Helios IS what the Colossus was modeled after..his city..Rhodes).  Apollo is a more powerful god by the accounts I've heard...When I first saw concept art of Hermes I mistoke him for being Apollo..I will also admit that I hate Apollo.  I've recently learned to respect Hermes although I'm still not a big fan of him.  Athena however is the only goddess I like.  I despise Aphrodite..Zeus is okay..Hades is more interesting..Poseidon bores me.. Ares was fun but got pwned regularly it seemed.  By and large the children of gods are more interesting characters...most of the time anyway.

~I wonder how many gods we'll be slaying next time around..I definately want to kill Helios just because he shouldn't have been present..I'd have rather had Artemis up there then that generally unknown god..

---It would be great if we used Pegasus in GoWIII..but first we would have to take it from the mortal who used him in Greek Mythology..Bellerophon..an easy kill.  Then test our might against the Chimera.  After that I believe Pegasus will have worn out his welcome with me..unless we get to do some of the dropped ideas from GoWII and they improve the aiming of projectiles from Pegasus..it was hardly worth use.  I liked everything else about the inclusion however

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 strikeagain

[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"]Am I the only one who is still confused about what Atlas said?  About Kratos being the one who put him in his torment, and having met before?  I also still think that Apollo would make a decent back-up narrator/truth-teller, since he was a very virtuous god, and was the god of prophecy.  True, he may have been pretty loyal to his father, Zeus, but I still would trust his word over anyone's but Athena's.
the-creeper

The history of Atlas and Kratos was only established in GoWII..we'll have to learn more of it later.  Apollo wasn't quite so virtuous from what I've seen of him..tricking his sister into killing Orion...murdering the 3 original Cyclops (who made the weapon's used by Zeus, Hades and Poseidon in the Titanomachy) out of spite for Zeus, flaying a Satyr who lost to him in a competition...Apollo is a faithful son to Zeus..who just wants his recognition...he will remain our enemy.  Something abotu Gaia allows her to tell the story of Kratos from a future we know nothing of..this is all reflection on the past to her.  You are right to trust Athena more..sadly she doesn't have much say in matters anymore.  I must admit..I was surprised that they actually included Helios over Apollo in the cutscenes (even though Helios IS what the Colossus was modeled after..his city..Rhodes).  Apollo is a more powerful god by the accounts I've heard...When I first saw concept art of Hermes I mistoke him for being Apollo..I will also admit that I hate Apollo.  I've recently learned to respect Hermes although I'm still not a big fan of him.  Athena however is the only goddess I like.  I despise Aphrodite..Zeus is okay..Hades is more interesting..Poseidon bores me.. Ares was fun but got pwned regularly it seemed.  By and large the children of gods are more interesting characters...most of the time anyway.

Unfortunately artemis was very vengeful goddess, she had killed ppl for low quality reasons. Althought she  killed some cyclops but not the originals(im talking for the 3 cyclops that had a part during the war with the titans) those cyclops were immortals and far very powerful artemis couldnt killed them and even zeus worried  about their power. 

The cyclops she killed were poseidon's sons(poseidon cyclops was mortals and very stupids) she also killed some other poseidon's sons for example the 2 giant brothers (fear and nightmare their names) because they had a part  with the during another war with the giants and as for Orion he  was also a son of poseidon he was very skilled  hunter and  they had a little time with artemis  because both had love for the hunt and because he challenge artemis for a run(the badest move he could even done) artemis put a scorpion to bite him while he was sleeping.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"]Am I the only one who is still confused about what Atlas said?  About Kratos being the one who put him in his torment, and having met before?  I also still think that Apollo would make a decent back-up narrator/truth-teller, since he was a very virtuous god, and was the god of prophecy.  True, he may have been pretty loyal to his father, Zeus, but I still would trust his word over anyone's but Athena's.
strikeagain

Unfortunately artemis was very vengeful goddess, she had killed ppl for low quality reasons. Althought she  killed some cyclops but not the originals(im talking for the 3 cyclops that had a part during the war with the titans) those cyclops were immortals and far very powerful artemis couldnt killed them and even zeus worried about their power. 

Yeah, well Apollo killed them wrongly in spite of Zeus by taking his thunderbolts for the job.  Artemis and her brother lack discipline.  Like many Olympians they lack a moral center an unreasonable amount of the time they spent in Myths.

The cyclops she killed were poseidon's sons(poseidon cyclops was mortals and very stupids) she also killed some other poseidon's sons for example the 2 giant brothers (fear and nightmare their names) because they had a part  with the during another war with the giants and as for Orion he  was also a son of poseidon he was very skilled  hunter and  they had a little time with artemis  because both had love for the hunt and because he challenge artemis for a run(the badest move he could even done) artemis put a scorpion to bite him while he was sleeping.

Peseidon's children were all freaks.  ALL of them.  One can only wonder what it would have been like if Hades had children with ANY women.  I can't help but notice another case of "Greek Myths often have mutliple tellings".  Don't you just LOVE it?

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strikeagain
[QUOTE="strikeagain"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

the-creeper

Unfortunately artemis was very vengeful goddess, she had killed ppl for low quality reasons. Althought she  killed some cyclops but not the originals(im talking for the 3 cyclops that had a part during the war with the titans) those cyclops were immortals and far very powerful artemis couldnt killed them and even zeus worried about their power. 

Yeah, well Apollo killed them wrongly in spite of Zeus by taking his thunderbolts for the job.  Artemis and her brother lack discipline.  Like many Olympians they lack a moral center an unreasonable amount of the time they spent in Myths.

Peseidon's children were all freaks.  ALL of them.  One can only wonder what it would have been like if Hades had children with ANY women.  I can't help but notice another case of "Greek Myths often have mutliple tellings".  Don't you just LOVE it?

No apollo didnt killed any of those 3 cyclops.The 3 cyclops and the  hundred hands after the war with the titans zeus  gave them the responsibility to  guard tartarus and  also make them assistants to hephaistous work.

By the way orion was a giant and he was normal not a monster like the other children of poseidon.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"][QUOTE="strikeagain"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

strikeagain

No apollo didnt killed any of those 3 cyclops.The 3 cyclops and the  hundred hands after the war with the titans zeus  gave them the responsibility to  guard tartarus and  also make them assistants to hephaistous work.

By the way orion was a giant and he was normal not a monster like the other children of poseidon.

For the sake of example to my claim that there is almost always multiple tellings of the same stories...

Ex: Look at the stories of origin for most any creature/god/hero.  Hephaestus has a few alternate telling to his few stories.

Apollo did kill them in one telling.  The myths sometimes contridict each other you'll find.  Do not think it is all dealt in absolutes.  It really doesn't take much research to notice this.

Orion is a PERFECT example of my point...Wiki

~You see..by some accounts he isn't even a son of Poseidon..isn't that something?  Greek Mythology..gotta love it despite the difficulties presented by conflicting tales..discussion can be difficult if one of the participants doesn't realize there is more then a few versions of their favorite tale

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 strikeagain

strikeagain

For the sake of example to my claim that there is almost always multiple tellings of the same stories...

Ex: Look at the stories of origin for most any creature/god/hero.  Hephaestus has a few alternate telling to his few stories.

Apollo did kill them in one telling.  The myths sometimes contridict each other you'll find.  Do not think it is all dealt in absolutes.  It really doesn't take much research to notice this.

~You see..by some accounts he isn't even a son of Poseidon..isn't that something?  Greek Mythology..gotta love it despite the difficulties presented by conflicting tales..discussion can be difficult if one of the participants doesn't realize there is more then a few versions of their favorite tale

Yes agreed those others versions of mythology is probably , how other ppl saw some parts of mythology and translated with their own way thats something nature not all ppl have the same opinion about some part of mythology some says  this is wrong some others says thats true its also how you understand something.

Now for the apollon that killed the original cyclops as you said ill will do a little search and ill write again.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the-creeper
[QUOTE="strikeagain"][QUOTE="the-creeper"][QUOTE="strikeagain"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

strikeagain

Yes agreed those others versions of mythology is probably , how other ppl saw some parts of mythology and translated with their own way thats something nature not all ppl have the same opinion about some part of mythology some says  this is wrong some others says thats true its also how you understand something.

A bit problematic for simply discussions don't you agree?..A subject that has debatable versions of the Myths.  Comes with the territory I suppose.

Now for the apollon that killed the original cyclops as you said ill will do a little search and ill write again.

Something to do with Zeus killing some guy Apollo liked.  Apollo lashed out about it but clearly wasn't going to attack Zeus himself.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 strikeagain

A bit problematic for simply discussions don't you agree?..A subject that has debatable versions of the Myths.  Comes with the territory I suppose.

Something to do with Zeus killing some guy Apollo liked.  Apollo lashed out about it but clearly wasn't going to attack Zeus himself.

the-creeper

i dont think problematic is the  absolutly the right word i think  challenging and interesting are better as words to describe this dont you think?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

strikeagain

i dont think problematic is the  absolutly the right word i think  challenging and interesting are better as words to describe this dont you think?

In a more optimisitic view then my own, yes.  If both sides (speakers in this case) are willing to hear out the other and research the claims they put forth fairly..then yes, more can be taken from such a conversation then a meere agreement of shared 'facts'.

~One can't help but wonder...how are we to include a fair amount of the Heroes, Beasts and Gods remaining into the PSP and PS3 GoW titles to in a sense.."wrap things up" neatly?  I can see the PS3 title being strained heavily with all the gods and titans running around..would it be up to the PSP title to cover some of the heroes and beasts we've yet to see?  If this were the case I'd expect the last of the HUGE beasts and most prolific heroes to appear in the PS3 title.  That would at least seem sensible to me

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 strikeagain
[QUOTE="strikeagain"][QUOTE="the-creeper"]

the-creeper

In a more optimisitic view then my own, yes.  If both sides (speakers in this case) are willing to hear out the other and research the claims they put forth fairly..then yes, more can be taken from such a conversation then a meere agreement of shared 'facts'.

~One can't help but wonder...how are we to include a fair amount of the Heroes, Beasts and Gods remaining into the PSP and PS3 GoW titles to in a sense.."wrap things up" neatly?  I can see the PS3 title being strained heavily with all the gods and titans running around..would it be up to the PSP title to cover some of the heroes and beasts we've yet to see?  If this were the case I'd expect the last of the HUGE beasts and most prolific heroes to appear in the PS3 title.  That would at least seem sensible to me

That will be quite difficult to warp things up between psp title and gow3 but there are many monsters in greek mythology so im not worrying so much about that.

You know im still wondering why they put kraken that i dont think this beast belongs to greek mythology and they didnt put the scylla or harivdi or the cancer (a giant crab that was servant o hera) or even the  sea moster that perseus petrefied with the gorgon's head.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-creeper

strikeagain

That will be quite difficult to warp things up between psp title and gow3 but there are many monsters in greek mythology so im not worrying so much about that.

You know im still wondering why they put kraken that i dont think this beast belongs to greek mythology and they didnt put the scylla or harivdi or the cancer (a giant crab that was servant o hera) or even the  sea moster that perseus petrefied with the gorgon's head.

It wasn't uncommon that regions would take the beasts of other mythologies (near by) and encorporate them into their myths.  There are a number of creatures recognized in Greek Mythology that have no real stories attributed to them..these are generally the ones that were from other cultures but regonized by the Greeks.  The Phoenix, Griffin, Manticore, Roc, Kraken, etc.  While others are clearly Greek tales (with perhaps influence from other regions as well)..Scylla, Charbydis, Cetus, Hydra, Ladon, Chimera, etc.  There were a few examples of creatures shared with other regions that DID have their own stories in Greek Mythology..the Sphinx for instance.  Ladon was an alternate version of Lotan.  The myths of that area/time have a tendency to influence one another..just as the Greek gods replaced the gods of the religion before them.

~The Kraken being an actual creature makes it somewhat special..although GoWII depicted it as a Squid/Creature from the Black Lagoon hybrid..which didn't turn out bad all things considered..better then a simple squid for where we fought it..if it were an ocean battle a real Colossal Squid would have been preferred.  Norse and Egyptain mythology are the ones most often in association with Greek Mythology.

NOTE: The other sea creatures would have been even more bizarre to see out of the sea/ocean then the Kraken..imagine Charbydis leaving the ocean to come at us...that would be just silly..we would simply have to encounter her in the place she is known to dwell..near Scylla.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 strikeagain

It wasn't uncommon that regions would take the beasts of other mythologies (near by) and encorporate them into their myths.  There are a number of creatures recognized in Greek Mythology that have no real stories attributed to them..these are generally the ones that were from other cultures but regonized by the Greeks.  The Phoenix, Griffin, Manticore, Roc, Kraken, etc.  While others are clearly Greek tales (with perhaps influence from other regions as well)..Scylla, Charbydis, Cetus, Hydra, Ladon, Chimera, etc.  There were a few examples of creatures shared with other regions that DID have their own stories in Greek Mythology..the Sphinx for instance.  Ladon was an alternate version of Lotan.  The myths of that area/time have a tendency to influence one another..just as the Greek gods replaced the gods of the religion before them.

~The Kraken being an actual creature makes it somewhat special..although GoWII depicted it as a Squid/Creature from the Black Lagoon hybrid..which didn't turn out bad all things considered..better then a simple squid for where we fought it..if it were an ocean battle a real Colossal Squid would have been preferred.  Norse and Egyptain mythology are the ones most often in association with Greek Mythology.

NOTE: The other sea creatures would have been even more bizarre to see out of the sea/ocean then the Kraken..imagine Charbydis leaving the ocean to come at us...that would be just silly..we would simply have to encounter her in the place she is known to dwell..near Scylla.

Its sound and its silly if charybdis left the ocean to come to fight us but it will be awesome boss in underwater lvl but for a underwater lvl im would like to see tritwn the son of poseidon you know the one that is half human/fish  in some versions of greek mythology they said that he fight in his father side during the war with the giants he had a horn that used to manipulate the tides of the sea  also hercules fought with this guy so since but there are other choices for underwater bosses.

I heard that the had a stage with the underwater city of atlantis but they didnt had time and left this idea is this true?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the-creeper

[QUOTE="GodModeGOD"]

strikeagain

Its sound and its silly if charybdis left the ocean to come to fight us but it will be awesome boss in underwater lvl but for a underwater lvl im would like to see tritwn the son of poseidon you know the one that is half human/fish  in some versions of greek mythology they said that he fight in his father side during the war with the giants he had a horn that used to manipulate the tides of the sea  also hercules fought with this guy so since but there are other choices for underwater bosses.

I heard that the had a stage with the underwater city of atlantis but they didnt had time and left this idea is this true?

That is why I want an underwater combat system established.  Some of the creatures could be battled while on land but most of the time it would be underwater activity that would be desirable for the boss encounter. 

~You heard right..they dropped that EARLY on because they simply wouldn't be able to finish it being as it was an entire new area with its own bosses, mechanics, etc.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 strikeagain

It sound and its silly if charybdis left the ocean to come to fight us but it will be awesome boss in underwater lvl but for a underwater lvl im would like to see tritwn the son of poseidon you know the one that is half human/fish  in some versions of greek mythology they said that he fight in his father side during the war with the giants he had a horn that used to manipulate the tides of the sea  also hercules fought with this guy so since but there are other choices for underwater bosses.

That is why I want an underwater combat system established.  Some of the creatures could be battled while on land but most of the time it would be underwater activity that would be desirable for the boss encounter. 

~You heard right..they dropped that EARLY on because they simply wouldn't be able to finish it being as it was an entire new area with its own bosses, mechanics, etc.

I think they left the big upgrades for the last title and its logical they want to make gow3 the perfect game so thats why they left some stuffs with perpose to use them later i think.

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 strikeagain

Creeper did u like how they made the 3 brothers?

For Zeus: he looks fine exept he has too long hairs and this beard is very long other than that he is fine for me.

For poseidon: look fine but i expected his beard was white instead of brown but i think they  make him look like this because they thought that since he is immortal his apearance didnt changed something that for zeus is not exactly truth since expect the king of the gods he is the king of beard :P.

For Hades: he look fine nothing to add or to remove exept im not very impresive with his weapon hooks of chaos but thats another story.

SM2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44 SM2099
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

I don´t know about future enemies, allies, betrayals or friendships... but some how it will end (I think) everybody dead or something... becuase Barlorg has stated that they want to explain in the game why it is that none or any major deity exists in present day.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the-creeper

strikeagain:  Zeus was well done IMO.  Poseidon's appearance surprised me at first but I now accept it as an attempt to differentiate him from his little brother...with a Swimmer's build rather then a muscular old man.  Hades was immediately FAR better then his GoW1 form for me...I didn't like the whole "Satan" look...this new one says GoW style Hades to me.  His blades were indeed a bit plain but perhaps that two will change in GoWIII..very few things are set in stone...

I don´t know about future enemies, allies, betrayals or friendships... but some how it will end (I think) everybody dead or something... becuase Barlorg has stated that they want to explain in the game why it is that none or any major deity exists in present day.

SM2099

I'm fairly confidant that Kratos will spell the doom of all deities/beasts.  Leaving mankind to handle their fates for themselves.

~Although it hardly seems like something Kratos would do simply to benefit mankind..as if he cares

strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 strikeagain

strikeagain:  Zeus was well done IMO.  Poseidon's appearance surprised me at first but I now accept it as an attempt to differentiate him from his little brother...with a Swimmer's build rather then a muscular old man.  Hades was immediately FAR better then his GoW1 form for me...I didn't like the whole "Satan" look...this new one says GoW style Hades to me.  His blades were indeed a bit plain but perhaps that two will change in GoWIII..very few things are set in stone...

[QUOTE="SM2099"]

the-creeper

I'm fairly confidant that Kratos will spell the doom of all deities/beasts.  Leaving mankind to handle their fates for themselves.

~Although it hardly seems like something Kratos would do simply to benefit mankind..as if he cares

Can i ask u something i heard from someone that sisters of fate could one see and change the fates of others and they couldnt change their own destiny dying by kratos hands and that someone said cory talk said that in this site islandofrhodes.org is that true?