vijitjain40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 vijitjain40
Member since 2005 • 245 Posts

I think the god of war should have a co operative mode.What do you hate about god of war?

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
I don't really hate anything about God of War. I would have liked if it was longer, and it has a few less puzzles, but that's about it.
sexypansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 sexypansas
Member since 2004 • 6315 Posts
same here except that with me it would hev been better with more puzzles
DevilMayCry85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DevilMayCry85
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
I dont hate anything but there could have been more boss fights.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts
It was their first attempt though and they did their best! If anything I hate would be *takes some time* poor in-game graphics of Kratos & especially, BoC behind him.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 curlfro
It was their first attempt though and they did their best! If anything I hate would be *takes some time* poor in-game graphics of Kratos & especially, BoC behind him.lvlUNE3B
I actually thought the graphics were actually very good.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

I didn't like not being able to play with the Spartan Costume or Blue Kratos...I wished there were some side quests (for cool items with bosses guarding them) and MORE weapons...however the only thing I hate is that Artemis was made so useless AND it didn't really get any better gameplay wise upon leveling.

~Wish all 100 of the CotG's had made it too *with save point/check points OF COURSE*..also more save slots regardless of the space it takes up on the memory card!

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
I don't hate anything. I maybe dislike the shortness but it's either a masterpiece with only 8hrs of gameplay or a rushed mediocre game with 13hrs of gameplay
solidusScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 solidusScott
Member since 2005 • 840 Posts
I hated the prince of persia type platforming parts, like where you have to walk across the rafters and jump over blades in pandoras temple.

Four words......SPINNING BLADES OF HADES
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 curlfro

I didn't like not being able to play with the Spartan Costume or Blue Kratos...I wished there were some side quests (for cool items with bosses guarding them) and MORE weapons...however the only thing I hate is that Artemis was made so useless AND it didn't really get any better gameplay wise upon leveling.

~Wish all 100 of the CotG's had made it too *with save point/check points OF COURSE*..also more save slots regardless of the space it takes up on the memory card!

the-creeper
I agree with everything you said except for the 100 COTG. I think that twenty five would be a good number.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Dusty114
Member since 2004 • 10403 Posts
God of War was a great game, there is no denying it, and there really wasnt anything "hated" exactly, but i do think they could have done something with the camera thing, where you could adjust the camera in spots of the game, but that really to me is just something minor about the game.
Zenodoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zenodoros
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
Wish the camera wasn't locked, also it should have had a better portrayal of ancient Greece and it's mythology.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dusty114
I dont know, i thought their version of Ancient Greece was pretty cool, they had some nice scenery there and pretty cool visuals.
Zenodoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zenodoros
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
To me, it just made the developers look completely ignorant on the subject. It was creative, but it could have been a lot better. This is coming from a Classical student, mind you. I'm just going to say that when I read that the undead soldiers in the manual were called "Legionaries", I knew I wasn't in for a particularly faithful experience.

Not to say I don't like the game, it's one of my favourites on the PS2, but I wish it were more accurate.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dusty114
I think according to them they said that they didnt want to go "exactly" from Greek Mythology, they wanted to change some things to make it fit for their game, but they said that when making some of the monsters (Cyclops, Medusa, Cerebus, etc) they wanted to make it where you would know who they are, but also make it a part of their version, not everyone's version Greek Mythology is accurate, look at Hercules, the tv shows and even the Disney version was a bit off, Xena as well.
GodofWar_1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GodofWar_1990
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
SOME MORE PUZZLES!:D:D that would be great. Not many games are as challenging anymore, but GoW was!
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
too short,i could beat the game in one day
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lvlUNE3B
[QUOTE="lvlUNE3B"]It was their first attempt though and they did their best! If anything I hate would be *takes some time* poor in-game graphics of Kratos & especially, BoC behind him.curlfro
I actually thought the graphics were actually very good.

On back of Kratos, BoC were blurr (though blade of Artemis was much better in graphics if compared).. I think the only reason for that would be great environmental graphics.
Rossgath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 Rossgath
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts

I don't hate anything about the game, the only thing that could be improved is the lifespan really.

ownage1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ownage1020
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts

I think it needed better camera angles.

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 curlfro

ownage1020

Yeah. But you have to admit that for a fixed camra, it was pretty well done.
ownage1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ownage1020
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts

True.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the-creeper

I agree with everything you said except for the 100 COTG. I think that twenty five would be a good number.curlfro

Just to see if you remember my older posts...I once said that 100 was the original intention *from Jaffe* but that too was cut down when time was running out.

The only camera issue I ever had in my numerous runs through the game *more than 30 easily* was at the Challenge of Atlas and that wasn't a real problem..but it was irritatingly noticable.

~My real concern for God of War II isn't gameplay..I have no doubts it will be satisfactory..the kills too I'm resting easy with..but I am worried about the story direction.  It's not what I know that worries me...it is what I DON'T know that concerns me *though I have strong faith...my doubts are relentless no matter the topic*.  I really want the story to be as good if not superior to the first in presentation and quality 

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lvlUNE3B
[QUOTE="ownage1020"]

curlfro

I also had to admit that especially around Pandora.
Greatness86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Greatness86
Member since 2006 • 2311 Posts
Definitely the length of the game. If I can sit down and beat a game in one day, then it's too short. Now of course, I would never be able to sit down and play videogames all day, got too much stuff to do...but you see my point...the game should have been longer.8)
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 xCMoney05x
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="ownage1020"]

curlfro

The only gripe I have with fixed camera angles is this, the game isn't fully recognized. If you can't look at everything and explore it then it is just polygonal waste. That is why I love RPG games. They leave no stone unturned (for the most part). If I had a gripe with GoW it would be the difficulty of the boss fights. They just weren't hard enough and were too pattern oriented for me. I would have also loved more puzzles. They did puzzles correctly; they were fun, innovative, and not overly frustrating or difficult but provided a good level of challenge. Overall it is an amazing game and there isn't much to even dislike, let alone hate.
Dusty114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dusty114
I am sorry i bought up the issue about the camera angles, i really love God of War, this game is one of the best video games that came out.
Smd1390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Smd1390
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
The game was moderately easy most of the way through, but at the end you could tell they kind of ramped up the challenge just before the game ended.  This is fine and all, but some if it was really cheap.  Like at the end of Pandora's temple, you were in a room with strips of the floor moving in alternate directions towards spike wheels.  There were stationary ledges on each side but jumping on them would start a flamethrower that would kill you.  That's kind of cool in theory, but you didn't know about th flamethrowers until you died.  It would have been nice if some of the parts were a little more skill and less trial and error.

Other than that, amazing game.
Avatar image for deactivated-586338827c0d7
deactivated-586338827c0d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-586338827c0d7
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
I don't really hate anything about God of War. I would have liked if it was longer, and it has a few less puzzles, but that's about it.curlfro
and if it got easyer just for the battle youre stuck on like gta:) the thing where it asks if u wanna switch to easy stinks because theres only a few really hard battles and the rest u wish had a little more guys because its not as satsifying.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 curlfro
[QUOTE="curlfro"]I don't really hate anything about God of War. I would have liked if it was longer, and it has a few less puzzles, but that's about it.classic_rocker
and if it got easyer just for the battle youre stuck on like gta:) the thing where it asks if u wanna switch to easy stinks because theres only a few really hard battles and the rest u wish had a little more guys because its not as satsifying.

I think I get what you're saying. :? If so, I definately agree.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the-creeper

It would have been nice if there were a few more bodies to throw at the shredder wouldn't it?

~Of course that is my way of saying I too wish there was more to kill in ANY given situation

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

it should have been longer

murphster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 murphster21
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts
The evade move didn't just have to be at 90 degrees ie left, right, forward and backwards. 360 degree evading without having to worry about what way you are facing would have been nice!
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
i hated walking around in the desert of lost souls :evil:
snake01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 snake01
Member since 2003 • 159 Posts

i hate madusa, she irritates the hell out of me!

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 evanescfan

i hate madusa, she irritates the hell out of me!

snake01
yeah, she and the harpies
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arikkot
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
the camera was not very good, and there were many more glitches than in most games - but it's still my favorite game anyway.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 evanescfan
the camera was not very good, and there were many more glitches than in most games - but it's still my favorite game anyway.arikkot
glitches?! never found any! altho there is that infinite-red-orb glitch..how's it work anyways?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-creeper

There are a lot of glitches..not all bad..some are quite cool.  Like this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJZlvBg5HfU

~This is the glitch that only I seem to know of (and those I've shown)

Artemis in CHAOS (You are looking at Artemis being use WITH the BoC)..low quality.. blame YouTube..I do

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 evanescfan

There are a lot of glitches..not all bad..some are quite cool.  Like this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJZlvBg5HfU

~This is the glitch that only I seem to know of (and those I've shown)

Artemis in CHAOS (You are looking at Artemis being use WITH the BoC)..low quality.. blame YouTube..I do

the-creeper
that's amazing! how's that possible? what do i do to get that glitch?
arnorademeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 arnorademeyer
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'm near the end of god of war at the moment (I'm playing a backup version on a dual layer memorex dvd(yes i know memorex sux)) and sometimes kratos will do something without me pressing a button, like slash his blade or something, don't know if it happened to any of you guys???
could just be my wireless controller that gets interference probably...  anyway except for the few glitches i experienced, it's definately the best game i've played since half life.

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 evanescfan
I'm near the end of god of war at the moment (I'm playing a backup version on a dual layer memorex dvd(yes i know memorex sux)) and sometimes kratos will do something without me pressing a button, like slash his blade or something, don't know if it happened to any of you guys???
could just be my wireless controller that gets interference probably...  anyway except for the few glitches i experienced, it's definately the best game i've played since half life.

arnorademeyer
so there's nothing u hate in this game?
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 arikkot
im very picky about games and i can hurl at least 100 negative things at seemingly flawless games, but there's almost nothing wrong with god of war.  A few minor flaws:
1.  Camera angles get annoying at times
2.  A lot of glitches
3.  Good but not very good graphics (blades of chaos are a bit blurred in cut-scenes, bunch of other things I'm not mentioning)
4.  Game is untrue to Greek myth (hardly a bad thing though)
5.  Easy, Normal, and Spartan mode are all relatively easy, God Mode makes huge jump in difficulty and is near impossible, too big a gap between Spartan and God modes

That's just about it.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 evanescfan
^ i don't know about these glitchs u guys speak of. any game-stopping ones?
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arikkot
well there was one where I couldn't break the mast on the last hydra - i know it was a glitch cause the next day i did it.  Then there was the one where the minotaurs that you have to freeze after you beat Madusa kept popping up.  That worked the next day too.  All the rest were relatively minor.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the-creeper

I've had a few of my own...one crippled the game to the point that I couldn't do a full God Mode run *which is unacceptable*..so I traded it in for a new one.

~Problem solved *some were only minor and a few actually beneficial/comical*

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 evanescfan

I've had a few of my own...one crippled the game to the point that I couldn't do a full God Mode run *which is unacceptable*..so I traded it in for a new one.

~Problem solved *some were only minor and a few actually beneficial/comical*

the-creeper
wow, no godmode? then i don't wnaa face those glitches!
arnorademeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 arnorademeyer
hi guys, i just "finished" the game, i think, I'm there where kratos have to take his seat on the throne (after defeating Aries), but as soon as I press R2 to sit on it, everything goes dark, i can walk around, hear the sound effects and stuff, but all the graphics is gone.. not sure if this is a glitch or what?? Really annoying because i don't know what to do .
arnorademeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 arnorademeyer
[QUOTE="arnorademeyer"]I'm near the end of god of war at the moment (I'm playing a backup version on a dual layer memorex dvd(yes i know memorex sux)) and sometimes kratos will do something without me pressing a button, like slash his blade or something, don't know if it happened to any of you guys???
could just be my wireless controller that gets interference probably... anyway except for the few glitches i experienced, it's definately the best game i've played since half life.

evanescfan
so there's nothing u hate in this game?

the only thing i don't like is that the game is on a dual layer disc, and sometimes i have problems loading the game.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 curlfro
I had absolutely no glitches at all. I guess I'm just lucky, kinda like with the Sirens and Hades. I had no problems.