Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wulf2K
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts

Collection of all GoW:A 'unintended features' as I gather info on them.  This'll start out pretty sparse and get filled in as I have time.  Probably put up some YT vids showing each, eventually.  Not claiming credit for discovering any of this (yet). Additions welcome.

Poseidon's Tremble High Jump[spoiler] Ice element lvl (?), BoE lvl (?), ice element equipped, needs rage

x, x, t, L1+t, L3+R3

Jump, at max height jump again and tap t immediately after for extra momentum, hit L1+t at the height of that jump, then hit L3+R3 at the height of the attack before it starts to slam down.

The move is fairly easy to do, the timing required to get the max height from it is fairly strict. [/spoiler]

Shield Jump[spoiler]

Shield world weapon equipped

x, x + o

Jump, at the height of that jump press jump and o at the same time.  The momentum from the shield attack combines with the momentum from the second jump and gives you good upward and forward movement.  If your shield attack takes you lower than you started from, eg you started on a ledge or jumped over a gap, you can tap x+o again for a bit of extra upward + forward momentum allowing you to make long jumps. [/spoiler]

Fist Jump[spoiler]

No world weapon equipped

x, x+ o

Same as above.  Jump, at the height of that jump press jump and o.  The momentum from the fist attack combines with the momentum from the second jump and gives you some upward and forward movement.  Strictly worse than shield jump in every way, but slightly higher than a regular double jump.  Untested if x+o can be tapped again while falling for another boost similar to shield jump. [/spoiler]

Various level-specific skips and misc tidbits:[spoiler]

Chapter 2:

NG+ - Can use Poseidon's Tremble to skip the climbing section after exiting the sewers, exit and jump onto the top of the sewer exit.  Going this route causes odd walkable collisions that allow you to jump into the prison without pulling the lever, but the game crashes if you walk through to the next area.

Chapter 23:

Pre-cyclops fight checkpoint is triggered by your feet touching the flat surface after the ramp.  Fight trigger is just past it and can be skipped.  Another checkpoint is made after the cyclops fight is triggered and the cyclops spawns.

Cyclops fight trigger can be shield jumped over by jumping to the left, with care.  Can kill the eggs and open the gate before triggering the cyclops.

When spinning the gear behind the gate to cause sparks, you can have the cyclops hit you out of it and the sparks will never stop.  Sparks continue to function for the puzzle without you having to spin it further.

Can shield jump behind the gate to open it early, have to go to the NW corner and jump NW to clear the wall, then aim your shield jump SW to hit proper ground.

Can shield jump across the gap to the north platform.  Jump onto the gear near the cyclops spawn, go to its northmost point without falling off then shield jump with extra x + o to hit the platform. [/spoiler]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

>additions welcome

I suppose I can look over this later.

>credits

Findlestick and AKheon can help with recalling the details of some of these things.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wulf2K
I'll just slap a big "Intellectual Property of FindlesticKheon Industries" banner at the top, eventually.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller

>eventually

You'll have some of your own to share.  Adel, Taz and myself had our own tactics too.  As for specific findings in terms of exploits/glitches, skips, etc. ...I'm more combat oriented.  Something simple like shield plume, CP glitch, etc. more suits me.

NOTE: GS sure is struggling to work (once again).  E3 put pressure on them.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wulf2K

Whenever I refresh the topic list I keep flipping between the recent topics, and what appears to be the topic list from about a week ago.  The post count even shows (-5) and such for the number of new posts in a topic.

Initial findings seem to show that the upgrade jump has been fixed in a patch.  Not confirmed, as the upgrade jump is a finicky beast, but I wasn't able to do it even once with the patch installed.  Removed it and got an upgrade jump on my first attempt in the same conditions, but was then unable to do it again a while later.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrStarkiller

>post count and post visibility issue

As noted, it's an old GS issue that tends to crop up when they're under a lot of pressure.  E3 is just such an occassion.

>fixed in a patch

Perhaps.  I don't see us needing to ever put up with patches though.  It's just like them to piss on what the vets like and fix nothing while breaking more.  They're garbage and will be treated as such.

>finicky

Indeed.