curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
    *Note* I was originally going to put all the GOW II info in one thread, but it was way too huge.

The story of GOW II picks up directly after the first game. You do not fight off against your brother, or fight humans in pandora's temple, but in a still sercret sequence of events, lose all of you godly powers.  You then set off around the world on a quest to find the Fate Sisters, three sisters who control the fates of every person, mortal or otherwise.  He travels from temple to temple, trying to change is fate to save himself.  That's about all that is known so far.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts
Then it wasn't going to be a war with Gods in part 2.
pumpkinsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 pumpkinsays
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
So do you not go after Zues?
Does anyone remember right after that battle with the Harpies and archers, before you enter the temple and retrieve Pandora's box, there was a round painting on the floor? If you stopped and pressed R2 it said "This is an image of a man fighting Zues himself....it is an image of the future" I just noticed that recently and was all like "oooooooh really?"
maces88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 maces88
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

That is true about the painting, but then again, there will be other GOW games to come.

pumpkinsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pumpkinsays

That is true about the painting, but then again, there will be other GOW games to come.

maces88

Right, we just have to wait and see. But I never thought twice about it until I knew to expect a part 2
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mario_man_12
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
i never saw that
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 curlfro
i never saw that mario_man_12

yeah, i was to freakin happy when i finally found pandora's box to look at anything else.
tuff_gong92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tuff_gong92
Member since 2006 • 2345 Posts

Does anyone remember right after that battle with the Harpies and archers, before you enter the temple and retrieve Pandora's box, there was a round painting on the floor? If you stopped and pressed R2 it said "This is an image of a man fighting Zues himself....it is an image of the future" I just noticed that recently and was all like "oooooooh really?" pumpkinsays

I think I noticed it but I never realliy considered it.

xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 xCMoney05x
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
Lets back up in time to when we all first played Halo2 campaign and suddenly without expectance, we are playing as an elite.

My point, there will be surprises that no one knows until release. That would be amazing, so amazing if we fought Zeus. The storyline of a war between Gods could be up for best action game of all time if done right, and GoW could do it. I rarely say anything like that so that's something.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 curlfro
[QUOTE="xCMoney05x"]Lets back up in time to when we all first played Halo2 campaign and suddenly without expectance, we are playing as an elite.

My point, there will be surprises that no one knows until release. That would be amazing, so amazing if we fought Zeus. The storyline of a war between Gods could be up for best action game of all time if done right, and GoW could do it. I rarely say anything like that so that's something.

it would be pretty cool to fight Zues, but i kinda doubt it.  i don't see where that would fit in with the storyline.
tuff_gong92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tuff_gong92

I think his brother should play some major part in the story.

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 curlfro

I think his brother should play some major part in the story.

tuff_gong92

he doesn't, unfortunately.
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xCMoney05x
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I say we don't know anything for certain until its release, producers make white lies all the time to cover up stuff in their game. We'll see everything in due time. (But I wanna see now lol)
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mario_man_12
that would be sweet if the game was about his brother and him...like his brother steals his god powers or something so kratos hunts him down and on the way he has to fight all the demons his brother is summoning....just a thought kinda like the real story
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 curlfro
myabe for the end boss, it could be kind of a surprise.  like in this game, you knew who the final boss was (ares), so maybe this time they won't come right out and tell you.
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mario_man_12
maybe it will be zues or dun dun dun your brother
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 curlfro
maybe it will be zues or dun dun dun your brothermario_man_12

who knows what will come out of Jaffe's mind.  all you know is that its something incredible.
Steingrimur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Steingrimur
Member since 2005 • 3561 Posts

[QUOTE="xCMoney05x"]Lets back up in time to when we all first played Halo2 campaign and suddenly without expectance, we are playing as an elite.

curlfro

it would be pretty cool to fight Zues, but i kinda doubt it.  i don't see where that would fit in with the storyline.

Zeus was the one that took his powers so maybe Kratos will try and get revenge? or maybe Zeus will try to prevent him to change his past and becoming stronger...?

there's a lot of ways that can fit in the story line, we only know small parts of the story right now...

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 curlfro

Zeus was the one that took his powers so maybe Kratos will try and get revenge? or maybe Zeus will try to prevent him to change his past and becoming stronger...?

there's a lot of ways that can fit in the story line, we only know small parts of the story right now...

Steingrimur

i guess you're right.  aw well, we probably won't learn much untill its release.
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mario_man_12
[QUOTE="Steingrimur"]

curlfro

i guess you're right.  aw well, we probably won't learn much untill its release.

well their was this issue of game informer that we got and it had an whole entire thing on GOW2..i forgot what it said though

tuff_gong92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tuff_gong92
[QUOTE="curlfro"] [QUOTE="Steingrimur"]

mario_man_12

well their was this issue of game informer that we got and it had an whole entire thing on GOW2..i forgot what it said though

Yeah I have a subscription to Game Informer (magazine equivelent to Gamespot in awesomeness) and it said about how the gods betrayed him and he searches for the 3 sisters of fate and stuff happens, that is all i remember if it is right.

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 curlfro
[QUOTE="mario_man_12"][QUOTE="curlfro"] [QUOTE="Steingrimur"]

tuff_gong92

i guess you're right. aw well, we probably won't learn much untill its release.

well their was this issue of game informer that we got and it had an whole entire thing on GOW2..i forgot what it said though

Yeah I have a subscription to Game Informer (magazine equivelent to Gamespot in awesomeness) and it said about how the gods betrayed him and he searches for the 3 sisters of fate and stuff happens, that is all i remember if it is right.

yep, thats the jist of it.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts

maces88

I didn't notice first time but realized on second time and also became to know that there would be another GoW.

I don't think that Kratos' curse would be lifted in GoW2. The white paint (like thing)!

Qwark678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Qwark678
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts

Does anyone remember right after that battle with the Harpies and archers, before you enter the temple and retrieve Pandora's box, there was a round painting on the floor? If you stopped and pressed R2 it said "This is an image of a man fighting Zues himself....it is an image of the future" I just noticed that recently and was all like "oooooooh really?" pumpkinsays

if you call the secret message 1 number Kratos has ares's soul and will use against the other gods when he wants to

and in a secret revealed Kratos learns that Zeus is his father.

pumpkinsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pumpkinsays

[QUOTE="pumpkinsays"]So do you not go after Zues?
Does anyone remember right after that battle with the Harpies and archers, before you enter the temple and retrieve Pandora's box, there was a round painting on the floor? If you stopped and pressed R2 it said "This is an image of a man fighting Zues himself....it is an image of the future" I just noticed that recently and was all like "oooooooh really?" Qwark678

if you call the secret message 1 number Kratos has ares's soul and will use against the other gods when he wants to

I read in the Game Informer article that you do go after Zues. The Gods of Olympus turn against Kratos, cause that's what they are known to do, they are very fickle. I decided to just stop trying to figure out what will happen in the next game. I think I want to be surprised.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 curlfro
[QUOTE="pumpkinsays"]

[QUOTE="pumpkinsays"]So do you not go after Zues?
Does anyone remember right after that battle with the Harpies and archers, before you enter the temple and retrieve Pandora's box, there was a round painting on the floor? If you stopped and pressed R2 it said "This is an image of a man fighting Zues himself....it is an image of the future" I just noticed that recently and was all like "oooooooh really?" Qwark678

I read in the Game Informer article that you do go after Zues. The Gods of Olympus turn against Kratos, cause that's what they are known to do, they are very fickle. I decided to just stop trying to figure out what will happen in the next game. I think I want to be surprised.

yeah, we really won't know much about this game untill it's release.
Qwark678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Qwark678
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts

all we really know is that his trying to change his destiny

in the picture of the fate temple their is a chain conecting the two statues and a temple on the back of each statue i think that the three temples have the fates inside gaurded by a boss and youhave to find all three in the last part of the game.

http://1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=1&mt=0&cId=3148722&mId=2831787

TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
sounds good so far...lets just hope they dont make this game a fluke guys and gals