TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
Just out of curiosity, What where some of the hard times you experienced and easy times in God of War?

(Example) you had alot of trouble defeating Ares.
(Example 2) it was very easy to defeat the minotaur.

(Please explain in detail!!!)

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

To get things started I'll list just one example of each

HARDEST: Beating Challenge 8 in CotG - I had already used RotG earlier and wasn't yet skilled enough to simply r*pe anyway at the time so I spent a lot of time devising new strategies for killing them (the classic use of Lance of the Furies and some slightly less than orthodox moves...Achilles Flip, Ascension, Apollo's Ascension, grappling gorgons to fill RotG meter/get a break in the action/safe kill and finding a use for both Hermes Rush and Hermes Stomp that would aid me throughout the rest of forever).  I quickly learned that being airborne too long was a bad idea.

EASIEST: Challenge 9 in CotG - After the last battle I had learned the Hermes Stomp was an effective way to ground myself quickly and with a hasty evasion (do a barrel roll!) I could attack in the air with little fear of being harmed.  I found Falling Helios to be my favorite among GoWI special BoC moves *it brings Cyclops down...hard*

~More later

DevilMayCry85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DevilMayCry85
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
HARDEST - THE DAMN SPIKE PILLARS! I dont even have to explain EASIEST - The Minotaur was pretty easy the first time because I hid in the left corner where he couldnt hit you. Second time i fought him in the middle and was a bit harder.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the-creeper

HARDEST: Beating the Harpy Conveyor Belt with 2/3 life and 1/4 Magic on a NUR *no update run: all spells/weapons at lvl1...no RotG* with a screaming 5 year old next to me (who was responsible for my not taking proper preventitive measures to safeguard my health/magic in battles previous..I was humiliated time and time again because I also do not save throughout my runs anymore *since I can beat them in one sitting* so retreating back a little ways to right the situation was NOT an option..dieing nearly 50 times I was furious and tossed the little ******* out by this hair *I had already given him my Godzilla toy from years ago (approximately 2 feet tall and 3 feet long) and he wanted MORE!..he wanted the Kratos mask I made of clay to which I promptly warned him of the things that would happen should he even consider threatening any piece of my property with such reckless security* Only 2 tries after eliminating my distractions I defeated them with but a sliver of life to held fast to.

EASIEST: Mashing O mini-games as playing DBGT Final Bout *powerstruggles* and FFVIII *GF summons* much earlier had improved my speed/endurance exponentially higher than before. I could do it with any finger in almost any position with relative ease...if there were any places that required me to actually use some effort I'd put the controller on the ground, hunch over, stabilize the controller with my left hand and mash *depending on how many buttons need be pressed at a time or by what pattern* with my pointer finger *stiffened while using my middle finger and thumb to stabilize it* using tendon/muscle cooperation *rapid contractions almost like vibrations in the inner elbow*

~More later

Yoshi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Yoshi25
Member since 2004 • 4488 Posts
I just had a bad time today.  I was fighting the Temple Minotaur boss....what a dissapointment.  At first glance I thought it would be a long and tough boss fight.  I was right about the long part, but not the tough.  He was so easy it was pathetic.  Do the bosses get any harder after this?
TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
depends of what diffifulty setting it is on...i played it on hard for the first time and when i got to ares second version it was hard for me but i managed to get threw it pretty quick
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

depends of what diffifulty setting it is on...i played it on hard for the first time and when i got to ares second version it was hard for me but i managed to get threw it pretty quick TriPPZz

I too attempted Spartan mode in the first time. The clone battle was too hard. they would never end and I had no idea the God rage meter went up when huggin the family so there were some painful hours and the ps2 controller never become the same after that fight

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
Hardest: Surprisingly, it was actually very early in the game, where you had to rescue the Oracle. Since I just started, I had no idea that you could move the statues. Those were needed to reach the top. I spent hours just walking around trying to figure out what the hell I needed to do. I then quit and checked for a walk-through online. After I found out you needed to move the statues, it couldn't have taken me more than five minutes to save her. (It did get really annoying with the Oracle yelling at you the entire time to hurry.) Easiest: Also surprisingly, I had no trouble at all with Hades. It was pretty easy. I only fell about 3-5 times on the spinning spikes pillers. And I only died from fallin off the edge once. It only took me about 10-15 minutes. The same thing with finding the Sirens. They took me only about 5.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the-creeper

HARDEST: Figuring the best tactics for each creature/boss *including the usefulness of spells* depending on the scenario (NUR, God, CotG, etc.).  It was a time consuming process.

EASIEST: Mastering the BoC and creating my own combos *with enough time spent practicing I weeded out the weak form the strong*

Qwark678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Qwark678
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts

HARDEST: the spike pillers in Hades no explanation needed

EASIEST: fighting the first stage of the Ares battle before you fought the clones all you had to do was dodge and attack and i'm talking about easy mode just so you know creeper

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-creeper

HARDEST: the spike pillers in Hades no explanation needed

EASIEST: fighting the first stage of the Ares battle before you fought the clones all you had to do was dodge and attack and i'm talking about easy mode just so you know creeper

Qwark678

Trust me Qwark...I knew (lulz)

HARDEST: Parting with the game *until my brother in law manages to defeat the Clones* 

EASIEST:  Enjoying a nice relaxing stroll of death through God Mode

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Hardest: Hades, especially the spike thing. I kept on falling trying to get to the spike thing, and then I kept falling off it, getting frustrated and slowly I died once. Easiest: Ares fight. The first stage was the easiest thing and, on easy mode, the 2nd stage was easy too (though the clones were kinda hard)
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 curlfro
[QUOTE="juicetino"]Hardest: Hades, especially the spike thing. I kept on falling trying to get to the spike thing, and then I kept falling off it, getting frustrated and slowly I died once. Easiest: Ares fight. The first stage was the easiest thing and, on easy mode, the 2nd stage was easy too (though the clones were kinda hard)

Thank goodness I'm not the only Easy Mode guy!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the-creeper

HARDEST: Finding a forum/union/group worthy of my devotion/obsession

EASIEST: Finding the exit by Amphitrite *saw it in a preview video long before release*

~There isn't a whole lot of other things for me to talk about in this topic...

RedChuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 RedChuckz
Member since 2006 • 830 Posts

Hardest: where you have to push that guy in that cage up the hill to sacrifice him into that fire and those hard ass guys attacking you (sorry i cant explain better because i dont know how they called thats also in Pandora's Temple )

Easy: the Hydra battle

This was on HARD mode

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts
My good time: When I was first able to beat last Hydra. Special Effects & combo were great. Also,I enjoyed every boat captain's scene. - BEST good time? When Kratos pull Pandora and circular floor moves downwards. Bad time: cyclops on God mode. Puzles around Ring of Pandora. Like Steve, rescuing Oracle was way to difficult. I simply try to jump without pillars but soon realised it. - BEST Worst time? ofcourse clones. Besides that, (I don't remember much but)annoying spikes which appear to be still under a floor. Kratos fight with 2 Medusas, 4 legion soldiers. Once he beat them the floor opens like a gate and leaving Kratos to fall in that ****ing spikes.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

BAD: spike pillers

GOOD: beating the game on god mode

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 curlfro
Why am I the only guy who didn't have trouble with the pillers? I only fell 2 - 3 times, and when I did, it was just at the beginning.
xatman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xatman911
Member since 2005 • 1446 Posts
Most of the good and bad times are quite similar. I am going to say something different. Good times: when i got the rage of posiden power. Bad time: when I couldnt go past the Hydra lvl because i was playing the demo version when the full game was next to me on the table. (it took me 10 mins to defeat the hydra!)
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
good times? er, fighting the hydra (all of them) bad times: the desert of lost souls! ugh!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the-creeper

Finding the Desert Sirins seems to be nearly as unpopular as the Hades' Blade Pillars..

~Hopefully things like that will be avoided aswell *or tweaked to make them more enjoyable*

Did any of you KNOW why the Hades' Blade Pillars were such a disaster?..They were last minute add-ons that didn't get play tested as much as everything else (Barlog noted that mistake and has made the claim that this will not happen again..everything will be tested)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 evanescfan

Finding the Desert Sirins seems to be nearly as unpopular as the Hades' Blade Pillars..

~Hopefully things like that will be avoided aswell *or tweaked to make them more enjoyable*

Did any of you KNOW why the Hades' Blade Pillars were such a disaster?..They were last minute add-ons that didn't get play tested as much as everything else (Barlog noted that mistake and has made the claim that this will not happen again..everything will be tested)

the-creeper
really?! well that lightens things up! i thought they wanted us to go thru all the pain to give us the "underworld feeling" or something. good to be hear everything will be checked this time however i do hate this: Kratos is sloooow! well compared to his landscape that is! they wanted to make the place big, no prob. but at least let the guy run a little faster! i ended up rolling and dashing the entire walkthru!
Zenodoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zenodoros
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
Perhaps, but then it'd be more frustrating during the platform parts of the game, like the Blades of Hades, if Kratos' speed became less controllable.

What has everyone got against the Pillars of Hades? I love them - I can't explain why, they're just fun to me, and not too hard.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 evanescfan
O_O dude, you're wierd
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the-creeper

Weird isn't always a bad thing...

I didn't enjoy the Pillars at first becuase I had to watch my friend Zack (his turn) get massacred then then I got my chance and had to suffer a similiar fate...I overcame them afte settling down and looking for patterns. 

~Ever since the have been enjoyable BECUASE I can get pass them and hand the control off to someone else and watch them suffer (that is what life is all about)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 evanescfan
Ever since the have been enjoyable BECUASE I can get pass them and hand the control off to someone else and watch them suffer (that is what life is all about)the-creeper
yeah it is, isn't it?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the-creeper

Precisely...

~Tomorrow I'm calling my brother-in-law...he is to give me a status report on WHERE he is in God Mode and an approximation of how long it will take him to complete it...I have waited FAR too long already..1 MONTH...

Zenodoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zenodoros
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
Exactly! :lol:

My mate Will tried to scale the first pillar about fifteen times, couldn't even get halfway. Then he passed the controler to me, and I breezed through them in a shot. Good times.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the-creeper

The suffering of others really does enhance the experience doesn't it.. *no question mark because it WASN'T a question...it was a stated fact*

~I think the most fun I've had in GoW was when I coached my cousin/best friend Elliott through the God Mode Ares Fight (ALL OF IT)...we laughed for hours at his folly and the difference between each others skill in the game.  After dieing about the 30th time he said in Kratos' voice "It smells down here" *about all the previous dead Kratos bodies mounting at the bottom of the cliff in the Aegean*...

This struck me as hilarious for some reason and for a while I just let him gooph around getting killed seeminly w/o progress...until around the 50th death when I started to get serious again...He didn't have many problems killing the Clones since he stayed faithful to my strategy which lucky for him DIDN'T involve the mastering of the parry (Hades' Revenge)..

His joke for the cutscene here (where the Clones gang rape Kratos) was:

Clone1: "I want his shoes!"

Clone2: "I want his skirt!"

Clone3: "I want his SKIN!!"

(all clones look at #3)

Clone1: "Let's Get him!"

(They all jump #3)

---I found that to be hilarious as well

greatfluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 greatfluffy
Member since 2005 • 2062 Posts

Hardest: Fighting Ares on the second round

Easiest: Fighting the Hydras

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 evanescfan
Exactly! :lol:

My mate Will tried to scale the first pillar about fifteen times, couldn't even get halfway. Then he passed the controler to me, and I breezed through them in a shot. Good times.
Zenodoros

The suffering of others really does enhance the experience doesn't it.. *no question mark because it WASN'T a question...it was a stated fact*

~I think the most fun I've had in GoW was when I coached my cousin/best friend Elliott through the God Mode Ares Fight (ALL OF IT)...we laughed for hours at his folly and the difference between each others skill in the game.  After dieing about the 30th time he said in Kratos' voice "It smells down here" *about all the previous dead Kratos bodies mounting at the bottom of the cliff in the Aegean*...

This struck me as hilarious for some reason and for a while I just let him gooph around getting killed seeminly w/o progress...until around the 50th death when I started to get serious again...He didn't have many problems killing the Clones since he stayed faithful to my strategy which lucky for him DIDN'T involve the mastering of the parry (Hades' Revenge)..

His joke for the cutscene here (where the Clones gang rape Kratos) was:

Clone1: "I want his shoes!"

Clone2: "I want his skirt!"

Clone3: "I want his SKIN!!"

(all clones look at #3)

Clone1: "Let's Get him!"

(They all jump #3)

---I found that to be hilarious as well

the-creeper
:lol: nice coz there u've got :)
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 arikkot
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
Hardest - Minotaur (I suck at rotating analog sticks)
Easiest - Ares on the 2nd round (everytime I hit him I got health so I finished him off rather quickly)
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 evanescfan
Hardest - Minotaur (I suck at rotating analog sticks)
Easiest - Ares on the 2nd round (everytime I hit him I got health so I finished him off rather quickly)
arikkot
you're the first who votes the second ares battle as easy! then again u might be playing on easy/normal, in that case i agree
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 arikkot
i am playing easy, u guess correct!  Now i started playing spartan and god at the same time although i am much farther into spartan.  So far up to the hydra god mode wasa not so hard but the Athens level is a killer.  In Spartan I can't get past the part where you must fight a cyclop and wraiths at the same time and then another cyclop.  That part's impossible, ive tried everything and it doesnt work.  I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!:cry::cry::cry:
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 evanescfan
i am playing easy, u guess correct!  Now i started playing spartan and god at the same time although i am much farther into spartan.  So far up to the hydra god mode wasa not so hard but the Athens level is a killer.  In Spartan I can't get past the part where you must fight a cyclop and wraiths at the same time and then another cyclop.  That part's impossible, ive tried everything and it doesnt work.  I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!:cry::cry::cry:arikkot
well practice makes perfect, and try relying on grapples a little more as long as they're available, and if u get too stucked, here's a link to downloadable vids of the GOW walkthru www.stuckgamer.com
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the-creeper

I would suggest videos that were made IN God Mode (speeddemosarchive.com)...Check the Ultimate Index (As a God Mode master I can assure you ballofsnow is no novice).

~strategies from lesser difficulties are often worthless

arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arikkot
lol there are no strategies in lesser difficulties.  On easy I just stood there in the 2nd Ares battle hitting and hitting him and not even blocking cause nothing took off any HP.  It was pretty pathetic as Ares is supposed to be the hardest boss and was not much harder to kill than an undead legionarrie.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 evanescfan
well that's on easy, u should at least see spartan
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-creeper

well that's on easy, u should at least see spartanevanescfan

Spartan is for the weak and unskilled..I shall not speak further on lesser difficulties.

~GodModeGOD

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 evanescfan
will u cut out the "king of god mode" thingy, i beated godmode too u know, and i said "at least see spartan" i'm not gonna suggest him to jump from easy to god mode!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the-creeper

will u cut out the "king of god mode" thingy, i beated godmode too u know, and i said "at least see spartan" i'm not gonna suggest him to jump from easy to god mode!!evanescfan

Congratulations on failing to properly quote my title.

~"GOD of God Mode"..GodModeGOD  (last time I checked..God/gods were not to be compared to meer kings unless you meant to say God King *that would be excessive though..even for me* )

---I've covered this once before..but that was long before you joined so I'll repeat myself knowingly..I jumped from Easy to God Mode *not that big of a deal* and beating Spartan isn't even worth playing over for (That would be like playing through Easy-Very Hard on DMC3:SE and never aspiring to beat DMD..a waste of time).

Beating God Mode once is meerly to survive it (survivor)..to do it well is to be a veteran..to beat it in access of 3 times or get to the clones in a God Mode NUR is equivalent to being a master *this is where I rank*  To have met both conditions for "master" is to be a "god".  Few here other than myself have done this or have the scope of game experience that I have had with GoW (CotG included) which helps to support my self-recognition.  You could say that this fits my lifestyle (making it a topic with immunity according to curlfro*) but that would be silly (though true).

---I just happened to like the name (has good balance to it and suits a troll) more than the one I'm stuck with here on GameSpot..at IGN I'm BigVEE but I got to use my favored name at the Sony boards (unfortunately that board is of the lowest quality between the three)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 evanescfan
bigvee....hey are u that guy "bigvee" in youtube?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the-creeper

bigvee....hey are u that guy "bigvee" in youtube?evanescfan

Congratulations..you can connect the dots (I'd love to give you a YTMND style prize but GS frowns on trojan linking)

~BigVEE is GodModeGOD (Joshua Ventimiglia *difficult to say* turned "V"..last name is long so "Big"..nickname originated almost 10 years ago)

---Was there something you wanted to share with BigVEE?

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 evanescfan
what, u mean good times and bad times in the game?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the-creeper

what, u mean good times and bad times in the game?evanescfan

Elaborate.

~You've left your question too open to interpretation for me to give a direct answer

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 evanescfan

[QUOTE="evanescfan"]what, u mean good times and bad times in the game?the-creeper

Elaborate.

~You've left your question too open to interpretation for me to give a direct answer

i'll take that as a "yes" i hate the dessert of lost souls part, that's where i usually close my PS2 and come back after 24 hrs or so
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the-creeper

It was interesting the first time through (and even more so ON PAPER)..but it isn't quite "up to par" (like Hades' infamous vertical blades..it should have received more playtesting).

~Here is an article on some old GoW questions:

-GoW could have been set-up like Dark Messiah (PC game)

-Why the game was made so easy and how "God Mode" is just 'Normal' (to me at least)

-Why the game was shortened

-Some history on the 'quality titles' that the GoW team worked on before THE GAME

-An explanation of the "seeds" (possible story arcs that may or may not be used in the games)

Another Article:

-Jaffe's (and by extension the team's) view on GoW bosses (not comprehensive)

-Jaffe's view on puzzle use

-Why the Cyclops P-NES had to be "removed" (this always makes me lol)

-A 'greek character' was made mention of (dropped) *I had no previous knowledge of this*

-Why content got cut and what it was (harpy boss, etc)

---I'll leave you in the hopes that you will all consider reading these articles at the very least