fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Put the game off for a long time. I promised to finish these runs, so I'd like to see it fulfilled.

I actually started these runs back in March 2009. Got stuck in the Translator battles. Tried it around 10 times, stopped and never bothered since. I got a lot of free time now in my hands, and after Grade 11 I'd really like to bash some heads. Not that grade 11 was bad - it was really nice. I just like causing some kind of physical harm on a few virtual folks :P

I'm stuck in the Translator fight. Always manage to kill the Translator myself. Stupid hounds. Found the "checkpoint" glitch on Youtube. Should save a lot of time. The reason I stopped both runs was because of the first 2 waves of the fight. It takes too long. I don't like having to repeat killing easy enemies.

It's good being back :)

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18985 Posts

So that old find is helping you deal with the matter? How lovely. I trust an invisible HP bar for the Translator botheres you not in the slightest...

I presume this is TM:NUR+ we're now discussing. Correct?

I trust your save/checkpoint is with full HP/MP and full Rage. It would be silly otherwise. In this case, collisions will deal 50 damage and knockbacks will deal 25 damage short of RotT being used to divide them by 3.85. Said mechanic also creates an aura of defense *thus the drop in collision power* for yourself AND the Translator. Use it wisely for offense AND defense. In terms of offense, the best it can do right now is raise a weapon ot lvl MID (lvl2 for subs, lvl3 for Blades) besides giving you tanking to work with.

I can no longer recall your run or your learnings but I remember an individual by that name. Feel free to refresh me on your tactics you've been using on the Translator.

I hope you've had the time to look up YT video references. If you need aid with that task, I can look into arranging relevant links.

~We'll talk business soon enough

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fend_oblivion

I was one of the first few people who posted a TM:NUR thread back when GOW 2 released. And I also did other runs on the first game too.

Yes, I'm at the Translator (both runs ie, TM:NUR + and GK:TM:NUR) and I'm at full health and magic. I've been utilizing the Barbarian Hammer and SoD for maximum rape. I'll try continuing tomorrow or something. Bit busy at the moment... And I remember, I never could get the timing right. You know, kick the hounds as soon as the enemies pour in. I get it to work at times, but when the Scholars come out, everything goes to hell. Honestly speaking, I find this and the Endurance Run to be the hardest fights in the game.

I always noticed collisions but never knew they could be extremely useful. Collisions were amazing for the fight with Theseus! Much harder on a TM:NUR+ but very easy on GK:TM:NUR using the SoD and PS spamming.

And I'd appreciate it if you can make an edit in the speciality run thread - I've completed a regular TM:NUR already. It shouldn't be pending.

solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 solidsarlo
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts

Just a quick tip, usually on NURs you take care of the natural spawns first. I like to roll into the fight and give the first summoner a quick square jab, then go grab the hound on the left and kick him, sometimes you get lucky and can kick him at the summoner.

From there use dog kicks as much as possible for collision damage, and a little CR to give yourself some breathing room when things get hectic.

The summoners also seem to be very fond of summoning a bunch of soldiers when they are off screen and there is nothing you can really do about this. If you have breathing room after the first dog kick, go RotT with BH+bow canceling to do away with the first summoner.

It's been a while for me with this fight, so I can't offer much more (fairly new).

Either way good luck and welcome back.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fend_oblivion

The worst thing is I managed to kill the summoners, but then somehow due to faulty targetting, I kick the hound right into the Translator killing him. Frustration....

I'll take my crack at this fight again. I'll probably use the checkpoint glitch to save time. 

And the Typhon's Bane/BH switching is simply amazing. I used this almost all the time and special note : for the Euryale fight - damn, did she go down fast. :)

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheLidOfMidas
Member since 2009 • 1415 Posts

So my little vidya has been of assistance then? Artificial checkpoint is a thing of beauty. I wouldn't have beat the fight under GKPAIN+ conditions without it.

Props to the G-man for sharing the technique.

Old advice bears true but you would do well to view the videos of Mr.Empirical. He used the checkpoint shenanigans fairly recently to make a couple more Translator vids. Naturalspawns first is a viable option but also consider reallt taking the fight to the HighPriests. First one with dog kicks second two with RotTBH loving.

If you can clear all three Priestsd and have acces to the BH you should be laughing. t,t bounces nicely and you should be able to whore that like a good un.

Faulty targeting? yup it happens. Made a vid of the blue target selector actually choosing the juicy translator as a target. 

For me TMNUR was a swine, took a bout a month of weekends for the Translator fight alone. GKTMNUR was destroyed in a few attempts.

ALSO smilies? what are you a 16yroldgryl?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrStarkiller

Faulty targeting returns in new forms with GoWIII. DO NOT WANT

~I'll try to return to this topic soon. I'm feeling like my time is suddenly slipping away

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fend_oblivion

ALSO smilies? what are you a 16yroldgryl?

TheLidOfMidas

16 year old boy... turning 17 this April. And besides, I want to get into my feminine side. K... umm pretend I never said that.

*Clears throat* >_>

I tried doing the Translator fight today. The high jump glitch isn't working. My L1 button isn't responding after I do the Icarus Lift. It works occasionally and after completing the high jump, I can't seem to glide through the void. SO, I went back trying to fight the Translator the good old way.

It's been a long time since I played, so it showed in my run. I was carelessly trying to switch between my magic(s) and the Priest splatted a green light fountain right under me killing me when I killed him and as the 2  other Priests spawned.

I tried rolling to the first Priest and hitting him with BoA square attack, and then catching the Rabid and kicking it into him. Kratos loves kicking the Rabid into the other Rabids. lulz WuT? And to make matters worse, I think my entire controller is falling apart. Left analog stick has lost its cover and Kratos moves when I don't use the analog stick and L1 prevents me from using the High Jump exploit.

This sucks. I've found both the TM:NUR + and GK:TM:NUR pretty easy till this fight. (I can only imagine how the Endurance Run will be. Cyclops at the end. It'd be terrible to have my run end here.

I can't get the kicks to respond properly. Most of the time, the Priests don't get stuck when hit by CR, and the Priest spawns when I wack him with BoA square right near the Translator and kills him.

I hate this fight not because of Wave 3 but because I have to repeat the entire Wave 1 and 2 every time I die. I hate wasting time repeating easy fights. 4-8 minutes get wasted repeating the Wave 1 and 2 and that pisses me off.

I did this on my TM:NUR +. Didn't try it today on my GK:TM:NUR.

Can someone please explain the mechanics to me : Does Kratos do more damage when he is at full health or something?

Meanwhile I'm gonna have to find a new PS2 controller. Sigh... And am I the only who was disappointed with GOW 3?

EDIT 1 :
Went back to GK:TM:NUR and noticed I had 3/4 magic and health (sorry for the mistake)so I went back to an earlier save and managed to get back 3/4 health and full magic. And I started to get the hang of the Translator battle. I noticed that if I stay to the right of the screen, and kick the rabids into the upcoming soldiers, I can usually have a another kick for the Priest who shows up dead close to the Translator. Another thing is, I started using the fleece knock back attacks and wait for an opening so I can kick the Priests. When both spawn, I run in and spam AQ till I run out. Usually I'm able to kill the priests but I forget about the enemies who slaughter the Translator. (I swear I'm sick of typing that long ass name. I'll call from here on : Trans) It's been close, but I think I can do this. The TM:NUR + will have to wait... Oh and the L1 works for blocking and the special attacks but when used in tandem with Icarus Lift it doesn't respond...

Can someone confirm if a RoTT and AQ combo together does more damage? I let my RoTT unused for this fight. And also, I'm using the BoO because I'm quite proficient in using it (Barbarian King and many of my fights were done with the BoO) , and plus DR and roll features are a huge plus. The BoO also greatly speeds up Wave 1 and 2 of the fight.

And another thing I've noticed, if you keep most of your enemies in one part of the screen while not exposing yourself to the Priest, the enemies ignore the Trans and go for you. And the Priest doesn't seem to attack - because of this I can kick a rabid to him while he's off screen. I've noticed this in Ninja Gaiden as well. If you can splinter of you enemy and keep him on the screen alone, the others don't usually attack you. This stops when you go for both Priests because the camera gets shifted to both the Priests and Trans. And while you attack the Priests, the rabids and some soldiers suddenly remember to attack the Trans. Hence why I got the Trans killed.

I'm getting more confident with the battle. I should be able to do it...

EDIT 2 :  Got the High jump to work.It seems as though I was trying to Icarus lift the second time instead of pressing just X.

Also, I got the High Jump to work with the SoD. Using the High Jump, I managed to get to a health chest so I'm now at full health and magic.

Moreover, as I was just playing around I thought of trying to find a Trans bypass. In the area where you fight the Kraken, there is a ledge on the top with a broken ladder. I managed to get on top and open the door beyond it, but Kratos falls to his death. So, I tried once again, this time I made it to the top and noticed another ledge to the right. So, while at the top of the ledg, I did a High Jump and then glided all the way to the ledge to the right. Once in, I found out it was nothing but a circular room. 

Also in the same Kraken area, the door which has the horn of Boreas can be High Jumped over to. Got another health chest here. And the enemies in this area glitch through you and seem to ignore you completely. You cannot hurt them nor can they hurt you.

I'm lasting more time in the Trans Wave 3. I love the checkpoint. Using Quick Roll, you can make it to the Trans in less than 30 seconds. Loving it :D

I can now manage to have one Priest on screen. I've been mixing up the fleece because AQ knockback seems to damage the Trans unlike the fleece whose knockback doesn't seem to damage Trans at all. I get grabbed occasionally by the Priest who sucks magic orbs out of you. Never seen this happen before. The SoD's PS is fast but it is the one which seems to get the Trans killed fastest. I seem to last more with the BH or BoO. 

EDIT 3: Killed the Priests, only had 3 enemies on the screen left. 1 Rabid and 2 Fate's Sentries. Went to kick the Rabid into the sentries, but Kratos did a neck breaker instead. During that time, the sentries made it to the Trans. 

!#@#%@$#^@$^ 

Anyways, the High Jump seems to work with all the subweapons. And you do not need to cycle to the same weapon. For example : L1 + X --> L1 special of sub-weapons --->Press Start Button ---> Press Circle just once --->Press Start Button again ---> Keep pressing X to jump or hold X for glide.

I'm now using the SoD. It seems the L1 special (even though it's risky) is best suited for this fight.

Not doing the fight again today. Maybe tomorrow.

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheLidOfMidas

All this is known to us.

The easiest way to clear the door, IMO, is with the BoO. Hold Triangle until airborne and one attack has been begun. THEN Cyclecancel.

You've captured the essence of the high jump. Cancelling a weapon specific move via the start menu.

Neck breaker, yup, gottta watch for that. two kicks per dog. Keep an eye on them.

directional troubles? tell me about it. Often when I first load a savegame Kratos walks rapidly to the right until I have passed a loading boundary. Most recent problem location was prior to Lahkesis

I want to get into my feminine side.fend_oblivion

is she pretty? can we all get into her? sounds like a party

Translator skip you say? good luck. We've had the best of the best working on that one for a while.

My ususal Translator advice applies:

Get familiar

get good

get lucky.

I feel your PAIN bra' just got to power through it. Keeping enemies off screen USUALLY stops them from attacking but it doesn't stop High Priests from summoning

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fend_oblivion

All this is known to us.

The easiest way to clear the door, IMO, is with the BoO. Hold Triangle until airborne and one attack has been begun. THEN Cyclecancel.

You've captured the essence of the high jump. Cancelling a weapon specific move via the start menu.

Neck breaker, yup, gottta watch for that. two kicks per dog. Keep an eye on them.

directional troubles? tell me about it. Often when I first load a savegame Kratos walks rapidly to the right until I have passed a loading boundary. Most recent problem location was prior to Lahkesis

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]I want to get into my feminine side.TheLidOfMidas

Translator skip you say? good luck. We've had the best of the best working on that one for a while.

My ususal Translator advice applies:

Get familiar

get good

get lucky.

I feel your PAIN bra' just got to power through it. Keeping enemies off screen USUALLY stops them from attacking but it doesn't stop High Priests from summoning

I've managed to kill the spawns by fleecing. The thing is the idiotic Priests teleport far away from the screen. Hence avoiding the enemies who go get knocked back. 

TheLidOfMidas

Yes. But you can't get into her. She says "None shall defy... I mean violate me." :|

Is there a thread over here that explains the mechanics? I just remember the basics.

Was so close last time. I'll try later. Just got a sudden urge to play FF 8 during all this. 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrStarkiller

( FF8 ) WAT

(Violate) It is inevitable. Resistance will only make it harder.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fend_oblivion

Yes, FF 8 :) (Properly playing... Junction system is easy to understand now unlike the last time I tried)

I'm now busy with FF 8... though I will try to finish the NURs. It's just that, I have only 2 months of vacation and after that, my grade 12 officially begins. Hahahah... CBSE has its sick joke. So, I don't know if I should be playing I game I've already completed many times.

I'm not gonna quit, but progress... progress will be slow.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fend_oblivion

Sorry for the double post but this is definitely worth the double post :

I DID IT!!!! I FINISHED THE TRANSLATOR SECTION!!!!! YES!!

Right after PMing GMG, I thought I should do the run. First time I tried, I managed to kill the 1st Priest and get to the others. Sadly, the Trans died. Second time, I tried, I WON!!!  I used the SoD and AQ to do it. Not to mention, the good ol RotT.

I'm extremely happy. I just saved at the save point...

The bad thing is I have less than half my total health and I have magic enough for 1, maybe 2 AQ. And my RotT is almost empty. You can see like a sliver. 

The above was done in my GK:TM:NUR. Luckily, I had both magic and collisions to rely on for this run. Unfortunately, it's not gonna be easy in the TM:NUR+... 

EDIT 1 : Whew... now in the Phoenix Chamber. Parts before went excellent. The nymph stage - not a problem. Cerberus Breeders - difficult fight. I had to bait the small ones to come as close to the big ones before throwing them. It took a lot of tries, but I did it. The skeleton elevator part was easy. I used DR and rolled away when trouble brewed. 

I'm now in the Phoenix Chamber with full health,magic and RotT. 

(And what is with people telling me that I'm crazy to be disappointed with God of War 3?? What the hell?! The SW forums are filled with the biggest idiots I've ever seen...) 

EDIT 2 :  About to fight the Kraken...

EDIT 3 : Getting my ass handed down to me by it... Damn tentacles. Can someone tell me how to cut off its second tentacle? I run out of RoTT and I keep getting hit by its damned tentacles. I'm using the DR on this guy. 

EDIT 4 :  Just beat the Kraken!!! YES!!! I found its weak spot - the center. I DR it while approaching to the left while I'm at its center.When the horizontal tentacle sweep starts, I roll to the center. You do not get hit when you are at the center. The tentacle stabbing must be dodged by rolling to the opposite extreme side.

Once I get the vents up, I fly to it and hit it with 1 DR. If I see any one of its tentacles move towards me, I circle strafe around. Doing this makes me miss a hit though. For the first phase only 3 are required. Then it brings its 1st main tentacle down on which you can climb. Once I'm close enough to the bulge, I use RotT and Triangle spam 5 times till circle comes. I stop RotT and press it to take it down.

Second phase, same thing. Go left while starting the initial approach from the center. Use DR and roll away to the center if it uses the horizontal tentacle sweep or roll to the opposite extreme side if it uses its tentacle stab. Then using the vents, you must hit around 7-9 times with DR to make it attack with its 2nd main tentacle.

For this, I roll towards it and jump on it and once near the bulge, I use my remaining RotT and this time, spam SQUARE. I ran out of RotT because I used Triangle last time. And besides, the Triangle attack misses a lot. Anywhere from 6-10 hits with Square I guess to bring up circle. Then when circle appears, I use it to cut down the main tentacle.

For the third phase, the bugger loves to start with a tentacle beatdown from all sides. What I do is, move to the center and use AQ once. After that, while standing at the center, I use AQ till it runs out. I then switch to the Barbarian Hammer and use Triangle,Triangle on each of its hand simultaneously. Do this till the the remaining tentacles start falling down. And finally, I finish it off with the R1 button sending the bridge up its butt - ugly mouth.

End.

I'm now at the savepoint just before fighting Lahkesis and Atropos. I'm stopping for the day. I started doing all this at roughly 1 in the morning here. It's 5 : 14 now, and the sun is barely up. My head hurts, and I need my well earned rest.

Good night Kerala. You wake when I rest.

Fend out.

EDIT 5 :  Yesterday, I was able to defeat the sisters of fate. The fight took longer than usual due to an unfortunate glitch in the third phase where Lahkesis wouldn't stand infront of the middle mirror. I lost a lot of time on the third phase (2 hours, the fricking glitch kept happening till I restarted the game) , but finally managed to kill them off.

I wanted to post this yesterday, but my net connection went off. (I hate my ISP)

So, I thought I'd try the Endurance Run. I'm gonna suspend my run for now... It's not like I was having difficulty in the 4th or 5th wave. I couldn't make it past the first.

Collisions aren't doing the damage they are supposed to, and I get royally screwed. Wailing on your enemies take just way too long... And plus replies on this forum are scarce. So, since I don't have much time left, I need to move on to different games. I'm stopping my runs for now. The translator fight seems like cakewalk with the artificial checkpoint to help ease matters. But the Endurance Run is just ridiculous. 

So, the current situation is -

GK:TM:NUR *pending - Endurance Run*

TM:NUR+ *pending - Translator fight*

I may play around the TM:NUR+ someday but I'll probably get stuck in the Endurance Run.

The thing is, after the Endurance Run the game is finished. Clotho is a joke on every difficulty and Zeus has frequent checkpoints on him. His attacks are easy to dodge. And all you have to do is roll and Square with the BoA. Lengthy, but easy. Sigh... so close.

Thanks again to all who replied.

~ Fend.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrStarkiller

You seem to zip ahead everytime I make an opening to drop by.

~I've just begun testing for values of attacks as a base for my studies

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fend_oblivion

Hahah my net went down for roughly 3 days. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

I don't know. My initial run thorugh in my GK:TM:NUR in the Endurance Run left me very disheartened. (I couldn't make it past the first wave and fighting that one wave felt like an eternity) I may do it, but that chance is very slight.

I barely understand the core mechanisms of the game. The last I played properly was around 3 years ago and only like last year I played both runs with no knowledge what so ever, about the underlying mechanisms and made it this far.

Seriously, stopping at the end of the game feels like a kick in the balls. I'd appreciate any strategy/strategies to finish this Endurance Run. I can't mimic what's going on in the videos. My collisions don't do nearly that amount of damage.

And I almost forgot - the Lahkesis and Atropos fight is very strange. Especially for the third phase in which both sisters attack you.

I noticed that the usual 12-15 DR was not enough to down her so that you can use the Amulet. It could have been that I was pretty far away making damage negligible or it was because I used the R1 grapple points to avoid her 3X2 orb attack. 

I found out it was much easier to stay close to her and use AQ for IF when she uses the 3X2 orb attack. This way, I was like left in close proximity to her thereby allowing me to force her to use her downward crash attack.The time for the fight greatly reduced when I fought her this way. If I abused the grapple points, even 20-25 DR won't seem enough.(could be because I used from a distance...)

Not to mention, staying closer to Lahkesis means the fight will be shorter and more better in terms of times you have to replay to defeat her.

The part where Lahkesis moves to the center mirror to protect Atropos was an irritating part. Mainly because she uses the the pillar waves attack on you. On my third time (I spent 2 hours repeating the third phase due to an unexpected glitch in which Lahkesis would not move to the center mirror), I used RotT to reduce damage (it's a HUGE reduction of damage), and spammed Triangle (now uisng BH) and bow cancelling to bring up the Circle button.

Atropos's fight on top of the Sword was frightfully easy because of the enemies you can throw at her. I like to force her use her attack in which she tries to break the sword before I send a soldier careening into her face making her spit out a large amount of blue orbs.A couple of throws like that, and she was done. I messed up a button in the CS kill but the damage she did was extremely poor especially considering the fact that I was doing a GK run.

Cheers, and one more thing - my Kraken fight was beaten without losing health because I center abused it. It works quite brilliantly :)

EDIT 1 : I went back to my TM:NUR+ and I just beat the Translator without breaking a sweat. :) I managed to have some very lucky kicks and throws. At the end, I was left with one Priest and around 4-6 sentries. I had no magic, so I had to resort to fleecing them and throwing them when possible. Luckily I took down the Priest, and managed to kill the rest. Woo... I lost 3/4 of my health. Thank God for the checkpoint. Saves a lot of time.

I just saved and now moving on with the rest of my run. I expect this run to also stop at the Endurance Run... Fun :P

EDIT 2 :  Stopped my run... A bad storm is just about to start. I have to switch of all the electronic stuff here. We have pretty poor grounding. If it is worse like the storm responsible for messing up the net connection, expect my runs to be halted for a couple of days.

EDIT 3 :  The storm wasn't that bad :) Anyways, I killed the Kraken. (OMG the Cerberus Breeder is harder than in the GK run. Guess that full collision damage is needed to kill them off fast)

This fight is pretty different from the GK:TM run.

I stand right under its chin and then move on to the left tentacle and hit Triangle twice with the BH. I move back under its chin, and repeat till it lifts its tentacle up. I then pick up the Last Spartan and use him on the button and then roll to the vent. I wack the Kraken once with Triangle (using BH). I do this 5-6 times before he picks up his Main Tentacle 1. I climb its main tentacle, and WITHOUT RotT, I smack him 6-7 times with Triangle. Circle now shows up. (the extra RotT is used in a diabolical way heheheh) Press it to take it down.

Repeat the "under its chin, move left, smack twice with Triangle, move back under chin" until it picks up its tentacle. Now using the vent just before you approach its face, use RotT and wack with Triangle. Right after you hit it, DEACTIVATE. Now, do this around 4-5 times (use RotT when you approach its face and press Triangle once and then deactivate) and it should pick up its Main Tentacle 2.  (That extra RotT is best spent here heheheh) 

Now, climb up its tentacle, and (if you have some RotT) use it and keep mashing Square till Circle shows up.

Now after Kratos cuts it, either roll up to the Kraken's chin OR use 2 casts of AQ to dodge its tentacle beat down attack.

Now, alternate using Triangle, Triangle on each of its tentacles till it loses its grip on both pillars. Press R1 to kill the Kraken off.

Now, I'm just about to fight the sisters. LOL... Expect this run to end when I approach the Endurance Run.

EDIT 4 :  I defeated the Sisters of FUGLY. Anyways, it was much easier this time around. Except Atropos was much harder this time. Managed to get her down by fleecing her projectile spam and then throwing the occasional soldier at her. She also simply came up close not doing anything, so I used RotT and mashed Triangle 4 times to bring up Circle.

And the third phase of the battle went smoothly. 

Anyways, I just saved at the savepoint... Endurance Run ahead. I didn't try this time. I just switched off the PS2 and left.

Anyways, final results :

GK:TM:NUR *pending at Endurance Run*

TM:NUR+ *pending at Endurance Run*

I really don't feel motivated to even try. Ugh.. it pisses me off to come so close... Any strategies?? I couldn't make it past the first wave in my GK run.

What happened to TUGOWU btw? It's nowhere near busy like it used to have been. 

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheLidOfMidas

Shameless self promotion time.

1 go to youTube

2 find addaminsain or bigVEE

3 search for Endurance Run

4 profit.

TUGOWU, there was a bit of drama, people got banned and reconvened elsewhere. Also membership is by application only *that needs changing*.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fend_oblivion

I GOT A TIMELY REPLY!! YES!!

j/k

Anyways, I did check out the vids. Just can't seem to mimic them properly. Thanks anyway.

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheLidOfMidas

Still there? testing testing

For both runs you should be able to destroy the first Juggernaut with OH collisions from one of the Cursed Legionaires. Get it just right and you can annihilate both. OH will hit behind as well as in front so you want to be going from about 7 O'clock to 1 O'clock IIRC. 

Learn when to launch them, PROTIP wait until after their unstoppable attack and launch them while they are on their backs.  SoD FTW

Weapon switch while they are on their way up and OH them to death.

Abuse the barriers if you need to and don't take risks, you have a long fight ahead of you .

I'd steer clear of air grabs, they do great collision damage but the Juggernauts can easily knock you out of the air before the grab begins.

Don't be afraid to launch a CL then reposition slightly to ensure that your next launch to OH will result in a collision or three.

When you get a CL to minigame if the Juggernaut/s are close then use the X throw. Square throw works better at range and will miss if the target is too close.

Be patient and don't be afraid to retry . A lot.

Stick with us and don't mind the delays and we will get you through this. the best way to get a "quick" reply is probably to PM me via youtube

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fend_oblivion

Thanks for the help. It's around 3 in the morning here and I'm goofing of in the GS forums. I will continue the Endurance fight whenever I can get time to play motivated. I saw Shinobier's videos. I finally seem to remember how I did it when I was 13 years old.(I did my original TM:NUR when I was 13 lol)

Anyways, thanks again for the replies. I finally remember what alt.OH means lol I'll try and message you guys. Expect a PM from a fend oblivion or fend hitoshura.

Thanks again.

~ Fend

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheLidOfMidas
Shinobiers vids won't help you. He plays with raw talent, not top level tactics.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fend_oblivion

I used to watch his videos years ago for reference. Anyways, I can now manage to the third wave in both runs. I goofed around for an hour today and managed that. The third wave's Gorgons shake out of their stone form pretty fast. And I keep forgetting to go after the sirens...

So, let me get this straight :

1st wave : Fodder enemies with 4 Juggernauts

2nd wave : Fodder

3rd wave : Gorgons and sirens

4th wave :  Fodder

5th wave : Hades minotaur and satyrs

6th wave : Fodder

7th wave : Fodder and 3 cyclops.

The fodder enemies can be killed pretty easily when they gang up on you and you fleece their attacks back. Hades minotaur and Satyrs look troubling... 

Oh, and one more thing : Should I use Triangle,Traingle or Might of the King when I use the BH when the gorgons are stoned?

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheLidOfMidas

Direct hit (Hammer and Shockwave) from Might of the King is needed to shatter gorgons

You know to false grab them to provoke a freeze attack, right?

Bow shots will slap sirens out of their energy well summon.

Wave 5 is the money shot. Roll a lot, launch to OH, PS and Icarus Strike will all help you here.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fend_oblivion
Thanks, I'll do my best. I'll get back to the runs when I can.
TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheLidOfMidas
we'll be around.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrStarkiller

fend: Are you not aware of alt.TUGOWU?

gent: Indeed. Though it seems you've got things well in hand. You've learned well. But this you know.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fend_oblivion

So I was busy with this instead of bothering with my run. *ducks* Hey, I love music *rolls away* and I thought I should cover a song from *High jumps to safety* Chrono Cross rather than focus on my Endurance Run *Fleeces attack* fights.

Please don't kill me.

Managing to get used to the Gorgon fight. I just wish I had more time to play. Too many games on my schedule right now. And not to mention, my desire to cover Chrono Cross songs. I'll get back when I can.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrStarkiller

You cannot defend against the fissures of my Colossal rage. They ignore i-frames and they do not miss. Your evade targeting makes rolling into them a priority. You will die.

~Whenever you're ready

TheLidOfMidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheLidOfMidas

One does ones best  starky mah boi.

Fend, braced and ready. More info, even about deaths, means more tips can be passed on.

Dukeaddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dukeaddam
Member since 2010 • 1218 Posts
can i post here?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrStarkiller

No, go away.

~No girls allowed

Dukeaddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dukeaddam
but there are none of those on the internets
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrStarkiller

A valid response. I cannot argue further at this point in time.

~Proceed

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fend_oblivion

I'm so sorry for taking so long. I haven't tried for a couple of days. Busy with other games right now. Don't lock this thread. I'll get back to playing as soon as I'm done with the games I have right now.

Sorry again.

And WAT U MEAN NO GRYLLS ON NET?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrStarkiller

He meant what he said and said what he meant.

~There are no girls on the internet

Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Kuro-sama
Member since 2008 • 2975 Posts
Is there a reason Fend is not on alt? Or perhaps he is and I have not noticed?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrStarkiller
Hell if I know. I can't recall the details for each user. Not my thing.
Dukeaddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dukeaddam
no he isn't but I don't recall an opend door policy.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrStarkiller
He's doing specialty runs and that is something of a qualifier with us is it not?
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fend_oblivion

I'm on alt. TUGOWU people. I just don't use it that regularly like I use GS.

I'm so sorry for not updating...I've been extremely busy with a whole lot of stuff. As soon as the Endurance Run is done, this run is finished.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrStarkiller

Lovely.

Tarixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 Tarixon
Member since 2009 • 962 Posts
Good luck
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fend_oblivion

Thanks guys.

BuT WH3re TeH GRylls? :(

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fend_oblivion

Sorry for the double post but due to unexpected circumstances, I'm halting my runs.

In the mean time, don't lock the thread. Keep it open as I will return back to complete both my runs.

Dukeaddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dukeaddam

Fascinating. A link to a blog entry.

didnotread/10

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fend_oblivion

It's not shameless self promotion. Honest :P

It's pretty bad. I gotta change schools and the new school I'm going to doesn't have room for the branch I took for Science Stream. (which is Bio and Maths) So, I have to re-do grade 11 despite having done it already and to make life little more easier I opted for Commerce with Maths. 

I didn't want to post a long ass message here so I linked to my blog. I'll have to move in May.

Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Kuro-sama
Member since 2008 • 2975 Posts

Blooooooooooog

Still, we must give you major props for "Not being Optiow." 

Regardless-

1.) ****sux, sorry bro.

2.) The places you live have funny names.

3.) Grade 12 at 17? Duz skools work less same in Country X? 

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fend_oblivion

Still, we must give you major props for "Not being Optiow." 

Regardless-

1.) ****sux, sorry bro.

2.) The places you live have funny names.

3.) Grade 12 at 17? Duz skools work less same in Country X? 

Kuro-sama

1) Yes, it does.

2) Some of the people living here think the same about places in America too :P

3) We have a different syllabus from the American one. Ours is more harder and more stream lined. 'Tis the ***** called CBSE.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrStarkiller
You're making my penis soft. Stop it.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points