This topic is locked from further discussion.

stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 stephenage
Member since 2007 • 33416 Posts

As we all know, a sanctuary needs things that are sacred. One thing that is sacred are rules, now we don't really like the word rule around here, it's not our style (as you can tell by the fact that the rule thread is just a Fight Club reference). However, sometimes things need enforcing, it's lame but it has to be done. So instead of jumping in and laying down the law, we have some 'sacred memes', little pictures (with a bit of text) I will post to get the point across. In other words, little light hearted jokes. I think they're pretty cool, and I hope you do also, so here is a list of them and a brief explanation for each:

1. On Topic Thread (Stay on Target)

il_570xN.256554423.jpg

See this logo? That means this is one of the very, very, few threads where we want you to stay on topic. It sucks, we know, but sometimes you need to put away that targetting computer and stretch out with your feelings.

Pretty self explanatory. We are not about keeping on topic here, we like to keep the discussion natural and let it flow anyway it wants, however some threads serve a purpose. So in those few meaningful threads we need to stay on target, it worked for the Rebel Alliance!

2. Banned Topic (Ben Linus Stare)

ben_linus.jpg

You see that stare? You just mentioned a banned topic. Mention it again and we will ship you to Room 101. 

Don't Make Ben Linus angry.

Now the word banned seems pretty harsh, this is more of a joke than anything but occasionally people need a friendly warning. Some things it is better just not to talk about, and this will usually be for the purposes of humour (e.g not talking about that lame sub-musician Blane mentioned) but very, very occasionally it may have a proper use. So what are these banned topics? Is there a list?

Hell no. If there was a list then people would avoid the topics and I would never get to use this!

3. Just Plain Wrong (Objection)

the_report_99_objection.jpg

Warning, the above post contains lies. Ignore them at all costs.

Sometimes people post things which conflict with union accepted facts. This will be a rare occurance (I promise not to overuse this) but when it happens, the people need to know. One hates to use phrases like you are just wrong, so we do it in this humorous fashion. So what are these union accepted facts? Well, you should know them, and once again if I listed them people would never contradict them and then this could never be used. That would be no fun.

4. Strayed Too Far (We Have to Go Back)

tumblr_krmatcUE2a1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

We didn't think it was possible, but you did it. You managed to go too off topic even for us... That's impressive actually, you deserve an award. Instead though you are getting this. Shape up cadet and try to get back on track, or at least closer to the rails.

Similar to 'Stay on Target' but this one will apply to normal threads, and won't be used at the beginning. Now we have very accepting of most things round here, we like to go off topic and we expect it. Sometimes however, you can go a bit too far. Maybe somebody is trying to say something useful and relevant and is being drowned out, or perhaps it got a bit too insane (which sounds impossible I know). Whatever happened, you managed to go too off topic, so check yo' self before you wreck yo' self! If you are caught committing this rare and difficult crime, prepare to see this terrifying Jack face.

4. Posted in the Wrong Place (Snake Got Rumbled)

Metal-Gear-Solid-2-alert.jpg

I think you're in the wrong place...That post shouldn't be here, it probably belongs somewhere else.

Sometimes posts are just suited to certain threads. Other times you posted in the wrong place in a thread, prime example is posting a sig in a comment apart from the one Dapman provided for you. We expect this to happen, and we kinda want this to happen so this can be used, so if it does happen (Rose keep doing it :P) Snake will keep getting rumbled.

5. Closing the thread (... Go Away...)

tumblr_m7jaz35grD1ras7i8o1_400.gif

This thread is being locked, don't come here again, you are not welcome here. It's locked! LOCKED I SAY!

If you have ideas for more, contact me. These won't be forced, I want new ones to occur naturally when they seem appropriate.

Â