shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
This is a CGI shot of an Asgard.  It represents what the final version of the game might look like.  Remember the game will use the Unreal engine 3. :

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I didnt know it got renamed Warlds lmao.  Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice.  Also i didnt know though that it was going to run on the Unreal 3 engine which is awesome and also means your probably going to need a beefy computer or probably get the 360 or PS3 to play the game.  Still we have to wait until atleast may or august until they give us some real news on it and i really hope it doesnt get delayed lol.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
its looking good
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shockwave04
I didn't know MMO's had cutsceens.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kurushio
I didnt either but every game is different.  I dont see why they couldnt incorporate it in.  When i think of Worlds i think of something closer to WoW and if we are lucky Oblivion.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shockwave04
Hopefully byt the end of 2007 I'll have a faster connection to try it out.
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
So many amazing graphics. If I put that in my present PC the whole thing would explode.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kurushio
By the time Worlds comes out i should have 2 gigs of ram though if i get an awesome job i may end up having a whole new comp with a quad core CPU, 4 Gig's of Ram and a dual core GPU hopefully all overclocked atleast 10 % or more.
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deshields538
Im still deciding wether to get a new PC now or wait for Visita.
amirkalloe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 amirkalloe
Member since 2005 • 21997 Posts
The graphics are pretty good. When will this game come out?
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mjk1
i think its Q4 2007
frrrkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frrrkk
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts

lol im turning my room into a gaming centre to my left is a vhs machine dvd palyer and ps2 and soon to be an

XBOX 360. i got a cool PC that is powerful enough but if i do upgrade i will get the operating system vista too to make it most up to date possible! IM GONNA BE THE GAMING GOD OF ALL TIME :lol:

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kurushio

I think i would wait on vista really.  Hardly any games are going to come out and force you to have it and DX10 and who knows how many bugs and crappy it is going to be until they release a service pack.  Also it is more of a system hog so you need an even better system.  Hopefully by the time i want vista ill be able to get a quad core cpu and dual core gpu.

Anyways i was just at their site and they have 2 other pictures and one of a jaffa at the controls of a ship looks really good and the concept art has me wondering and very excited to see how it even plays.  Some of the fan art is interesting as well.

capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice..Kurushio

Are u just completely unaware of what UNREAL ENGINE 3 is or capable of? Being that it is running on hte unreal engine 3 it will look that amazing throughout the whole game. If u dont believe me look at these games that are running off of Unreal Engine 3.

Huxley

UT 2007

Gears of War

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shockwave04
Huxley is UE 3 ??? I didn't know that.
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 capthunt
Huxley is UE 3 ??? I didn't know that.shockwave04

yeh its been in development for some time now
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kurushio

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice..capthunt

Are u just completely unaware of what UNREAL ENGINE 3 is or capable of? Being that it is running on hte unreal engine 3 it will look that amazing throughout the whole game. If u dont believe me look at these games that are running off of Unreal Engine 3.

Well i kinda said that before i knew it was running on it and yes i am well aware.

capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 capthunt

[QUOTE="capthunt"][QUOTE="Kurushio"]Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice..Kurushio

Well i kinda said that before i knew it was running on it and yes i am well aware.

:)
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shockwave04

[QUOTE="capthunt"][QUOTE="Kurushio"]Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice..Kurushio

You didn't see the artical on the homepage I posted.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
That looks cool, I can't wait to see the in-game graphics and screenshots.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kurushio
[QUOTE="Kurushio"]

[QUOTE="capthunt"][QUOTE="Kurushio"]Though that picture does look awesome it may be just a cutscene render and not an ingame shot so i wouldnt quite get my hopes up thinking that when you walk through the game everything looks that nice..shockwave04

I never go to the homepage since i just have the board saved to my favorites.  The reason i thought it was probably some sort of cutscene was because i was expecting some akin to World of Warcraft or at best Star Wars graphics not awesome graphics which are going to blow away anything else.  That would be freaking awesome if SGW ended up being more popular than WoW somehow lol.

capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 capthunt
[QUOTE="shockwave04"][QUOTE="Kurushio"]

That would be freaking awesome if SGW ended up being more popular than WoW somehow lol.

Lmao that would be cool and funny
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KnightsofRound
Don't count on it, there are way to many fantasy nerds.  They could probably take over the world if they wanted to.
brussell331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brussell331
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
It would look really good for the game if it did beat WoW, but i don't think we have enough people that stay up all week trying too build a weapon or make a potion.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shockwave04
I've never played Wow.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kurushio
Ive never played WoW or any other MMO except for BF2 i guess though not nearly the same.  Still i wasnt expecting them to make such a graphically intense game but i still need to see some real in game movies of it before i can really get my hopes up but still atleast they are making the best of the 2 years.  If blizzard were making this we wouldnt see it for another 5yrs lol.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KnightsofRound
Yeah, this game does look cool though, I hope it has more to do with fighting computer controller enemies rather than other players because I can't really imagine how that would work with Stargate.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shockwave04
Yeah, this game does look cool though, I hope it has more to do with fighting computer controller enemies rather than other players because I can't really imagine how that would work with Stargate.KnightsofRound
I remember reading some thing about that. Can't remeber what tho.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kurushio
I too hope that there will be maybe a 50/50 mix of bots mixed in especially on servers that have low numbers but really it all depends on the combat and ranking and gameplay of the game.  If they make it to where you dont really lose overly much when you die then i wouldnt mind it too much.  It would be really cool also to be under a system lord (possibly one of a dozen of the highest ranking jaffa maybe) and start a rebellion under them and either make thier own alliance or join with another section.  I cant wait for details on this game to figure out what we are going to do and how we are going to do it.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KnightsofRound
Having a system lord ruler for the Jaffa factions would be pretty friggin' cool.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kurushio
I think that the top 10 of jaffa should atleast have the option of becoming a system lord but they will still need to recruit and keep soldiers.  Then i guess they can war with each other and anyone else in the galaxy.  I would have no idea how the SGC or other factions would work.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shockwave04
Hopefully we get more info soon.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kurushio
It's killing me that they only post a few little screen shots and give us artist's renderings.  I need some gameplay details and some footage damnit.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shockwave04
I know they started working on it a year ago.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KnightsofRound
Yeah, they should probably start trying to build up some hype for this game if they want it to be succesful.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shockwave04
This is the first ingame screenshot of Stargate Worlds.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kurushio
That shot looks like you may be able to fly something but they said no to that.  Also that jaffa looks alot like a chick to me but even though ive never seen one especially with the head piece but i guess they are going to make it a choice to be male or female characters which is fine.  Also on a side note did anyone see the South Park episode which they played WoW?  I have some friends into it and although it's interesting if it is close to actual like the show then i would never play it.  Cartman was saying stuff like stan give your cloak to kyle cause he needs the agility or something.  I was laughing my ass off for that ep lmao.
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deshields538
Maybe you can only use ships to ferry you between worlds.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shockwave04
Maybe you can only use ships to ferry you between worlds.deshields538
Or there could be a battle on it...... And I want to see that south part episode but the Yankees were on.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kurushio
It was definetly one of the more funny episodes ive seen.  I wonder what the WoW fans thought of it :P
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shockwave04
Here is some more info for you guys : http://pc.ign.com/articles/747/747060p1.html
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mjk1
you beat me too it, heres some more info from the Gateworld site........its saying the game has entered production phase.................http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/11/istargate_worldsi_enters_product.shtml
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shockwave04
Its starting to look pretty good.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mjk1
Its starting to look pretty good.shockwave04
yeah
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kurushio
Hopefully GS will get a hands on preview or maybe they will release some short clips of the game.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shockwave04
They just posted the screenshots today.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kurushio

I saw them yesterday cause i saw my updates thing had 1 new one and i clicked it and was cool new pics lol.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shockwave04
Yeah it looks good. Mayube I'll have a fast connection and a better computer by the time it comes out.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shockwave04
A new interview about StarGate Worlds : Link :

WarCry Network: For those who have never heard about Stargate Worlds or have not been following it, can you explain the high level goals of your project?

Dan Elggren: Stargate Worlds is a science fiction MMORPG set in the distinctive Stargate SG-1 television series universe. Players will investigate ancient ruins and contact alien races using Stargates, ancient gates that allow instantaneous interplanetary travel. Players will fight frantic battles, solve intricate puzzles and explore unknown worlds.

WarCry Network: Combat is something you've identified as an area where you want to change the dynamic. Run us through some of the key differences between combat in SGW and normal MMOs?

Dan Elggren: The major difference players will experience is the need for real-world tactics. Players and MOBs will have to use appropriate tactics to defeat their enemies. That means seeking out cover for protection, maneuvering to flank your foes and using firepower to suppress the enemy while moving into position to take them out.

Real world military squad-based tactics will work in Stargate Worlds. The last thing we want to see in our world is a bunny-hopping Jaffa.

imageWarCry Network: Every developer I've ever spoke to who tried to do guns with RPG mechanics said the task was a nightmare. How are you going to get guns to feel right in your RPG?

Dan Elggren: Stargate Worlds is not a first person shooter. We want combat to be fast and deadly, but not to the point of one-shot kills. Like the show, we are making combat in Stargate Worlds exciting and filled with constant action. We are tailoring the mechanics of our system to bring this to life within the game.

There is no doubt that it's a challenge for our team, but we are confident that we will do it right.

WarCry Network: The license you're working with is quite popular, but took a dent when the original series came to an end. Given many of you come from original IP backgrounds, what are some the biggest advantages and disadvantages of it so far?

Dan Elggren: Stargate SG-1 may have been cancelled, but not before becoming the longest-running sci-fi show in history. That's quite a legacy to live up to. Stargate Atlantis is going strong in its third season and a third, as yet unnamed series has been announced, so there's plenty of excitement surrounding the franchise.

imageThe biggest advantage of working with an established, popular IP like Stargate SG-1 is the built in fan base that is so excited that they will have a chance to be part of the Stargate universe. Another great advantage is the deep and varied back story that has been fleshed out over the course of 10 seasons of SG-1 and three seasons of Atlantis. When fans of the series log in to Stargate Worlds, we want them to feel like they are coming home. When players who aren't familiar with Stargate try the game out, they will get a rich introduction to a living world that will draw them in. Those are aspects that are difficult to imbue in an original IP.

But the knowledgeable fans and incredibly rich background also provide our biggest challenge. If we don't get a detail right, I expect to hear about it.

WarCry Network: Most identify this game with Stargate SG-1. What will there be in there for the fans of Atlantis?

Dan Elggren: As we get started, we want to focus primarily on SG-1 and the stories that evolved over the series' 10 seasons. Those 200 plus episodes have given us a great deal of material to work with. We also have some flexibility that we can use to extend that story.

Material from Atlantis would be ideally suited to an expansion pack. There is just too much material to include in the initial offering and an expansion would allow us to give it the appropriate treatment.

imageWarCry Network: Artistically, the jump between your first image and the first big batch was huge. Can you talk about your art direction and respond to the critics who say that everything is "too clean"?

Dan Elggren: The art that we've revealed to date represents very early concepts. They show in part the quality that we expect to achieve, but not the finished product. As we get deeper into development and release more screen shots, you will see an evolution in the art. Our ultimate goal is to capture the feel and nuance of the Stargate series.

WarCry Network: Stargate was never all about gunfights. What are you doing in terms of non-combat options and non-violent solutions to potentially sticky situations?

Dan Elggren: We are working on several options when it comes to negotiating with potentially hostile MOBs. We aren't ready to provide more details on this area of the game at this time, but it is something we are taking into account in game design.

I can tell you that there will be challenging puzzles that capture the non-combat action from the show. Combat is an important part of the Stargate setting, but it isn't the only aspect by far.

WarCry Network: You've purchased Unreal to power your graphics and BigWorld to power your servers. What does each one bring to the table?

Dan Elggren: Unreal Engine 3 allows us to build an incredibly detailed and stunningly rendered graphical environment. BigWorld's engine ensures robust flow during game play. By marrying the two technologies, we have created a superior set of development tools for our team.

imageWarCry Network: The very concept of Stargates solves your dramatic compression problems, but it also seems a logical way to instance the game. How do you feel about instancing as a tool in MMOs and how much will be in SGW?

Dan Elggren: Instancing is a tool that should be used in moderation. The problem with going overboard on instancing is that your massively multiplayer RPG can suddenly feel much less massive when you lose the player interaction. Our ultimate goal is to use instancing only when it makes sense, creating a persistent, living world for the players.

WarCry Network: What will the progression curve in Stargate look like? Is this a game that you can max out characters very quickly, or will it require a lot of time? Furthermore, how directed will the experience of that progression be?

imageDan Elggren: First of all, we're not going to focus all of our attention on the end game. We want our game to be re-playable many times. We have to balance levelling so it's not so easy that players feel no sense of accomplishment nor so hard that players give up before reaching the end.

Once they reach the end, we want them to be excited enough that they want to do it again and get a different experience. On our end, that means giving each archetype a different path to take through the game. A player who first experiences the game as a Jaffa will be able to see the game in a new light by playing the second time as an archaeologist.

We also are building extensibility into Stargate Worlds, so our live team can add content to the game anywhere along the progression curve. With this in place, we can insert new levelling content so the second time a player goes through the game, there will be new challenges to overcome.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mjk1
i am getting more and more excited about this game