mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

Stargate enters the world of legal downloading, with new episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis now available for download on iTunes The show follows the online success of such series as Lost, Desperate Housewives, and Battlestar Galactica in offering new, high-quality, and commercial-free episodes for $1.99 each, shortly following the first U.S. broadcast.

A season pass is available for $37.99 for each show, offering viewers a way to pay up-front for all 20 episodes (still only one per week -- sorry!) and save a little.

The first five episodes of SG-1 Season Ten and Atlantis Season Three are now available. The August 18 episodes were not yet available at press time (29 hours after broadcast).

Past seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis are not yet available.

News Thanks to Gateworld

capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
Legally downloading vids is just stupid. Prolly interesting for the common idiot, but just get the DVDs. GOD!
DarthMcWord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DarthMcWord
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
Yeah, I just saw that on iTunes. Pretty sweet, but I don't have an iPod Video, and even if I did I would buy them on DVD anyway.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mjk1
i wouldnt buy them on itunes i'll just wait for them to come out on dvd but this might reduce the ratings outside the US if they are up on itunes straight away
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
Why would you pay to download them, when you can get commercial free high quality episodes for free?
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I would DL certain ones, like the 200th episode. If you UK guys can do it I suggest that one.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mjk1
yeah we can but i wouldnt because i want to see them in order and that would mean i will have to buy them all, i'd rather wait and get to watch them for free, and their are so many reruns i cannt miss it its only a months wait
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
yeah but Episode 200 has nothing to do with the season. I will do it just so I have it on my HD at anytime I want to watch it.
Chris3123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chris3123
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts

Why would you pay to download them, when you can get commercial free high quality episodes for free?KnightsofRound

My god. :roll:

Ok answer this: Why pay for a CD, DVD, or video game, when you can hide it in your jacket and take it out of the store for free? Same answer.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KnightsofRound

[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]Why would you pay to download them, when you can get commercial free high quality episodes for free?Chris3123

My god. :roll:

Ok answer this: Why pay for a CD, DVD, or video game, when you can hide it in your jacket and take it out of the store for free? Same answer.

That has to be the absolute worst analogy I've ever seen in my entire life.  Downloading something off of the internet for free is completely different from shoplifting.  As a matter of fact I have purchased all of the Stargate SG-1 episodes on DVD.  I was simply saying that I'm not going to pay money to download an episode onto my computer when I can just as easily download the new episodes the night they play in the US onto my computer free of charge.
Chris3123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chris3123
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts

Downloading something off of the internet for free is completely different from shoplifting.KnightsofRound

Both involve taking something without paying for it. Unauthorized downloading of television episodes is illegal in the United States, though I understand you live elsewhere.

I was simply saying that I'm not going to pay money to download an episode onto my computer when I can just as easily download the new episodes the night they play in the US onto my computer free of charge.KnightsofRound

My comment was not neccesarily directed at you, as you live in another country which may have different copyright laws. My post was an answer to the question. The analogy helps explain. Why not shoplift? It's illegal. Same answer to your question. Some people actually prefer to do things the legal way.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KnightsofRound
But there is still a difference between shoplifting and downloading things.  If you shoplift you are solely responsible for doing it and will be fined/arrested or whatever.  Downloading is different.  It's always been the people that initially provide things to be freely downloaded that are punished/fined.  I've never heard of a single person that has simply downloaded a TV show, or a song that has been fined for doing so.  I understand your point of view though, people are certainly free to pay to download something, I myself however would rather just get it for free, since I don't really think being that the show is filmed in my country (Canada) I should have to wait until November just to watch the episodes for free when people in the United States can watch the show for free in July.  I shouldn't have to pay for them just because I want to watch them.  This is all just my personal opinion but I don't see why all the other countries can't have the show played a few weeks or a month after sci-fi, but rather have to wait 5 months.