Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

Stupid GS is not letting me post so here the link

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/Celebrity-Blogs/Michaels-24-38/Unending/800017349

Its what Shanks had to say about the end of the best tv series ever, also check This out, its gateworld's tribute to Stargate SG-1.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
That was interesting to read. Makes me sad again that SG-1 is over.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mgmeek
Member since 2005 • 4079 Posts
that gateworld 'book' is good. the video on pg 12 is funny .. Judge:'why don't you go back and read your books' to Shanks lol
Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Xdsk
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

Good read, its a shame that it is all over (i guess im going to have to rewatch all the episodes now then)

At least we have Atlantis.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Is anyone still in denial ???
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mgmeek

Is anyone still in denial ???shockwave04

a little...but with the movies a sure thing and tapping on atlantis, it doesn't feel so sudden.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shockwave04

[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Is anyone still in denial ???mgmeek

a little...but with the movies a sure thing and tapping on atlantis, it doesn't feel so sudden.

You just comforted me just buy saying that lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6303c665567c0
deactivated-6303c665567c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6303c665567c0
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts

[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Is anyone still in denial ???mgmeek

Denial, indeed.8) But yeah, like you said with the movies and everything, it won't be a total loss.

x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 x-wing20
Member since 2003 • 1293 Posts
[QUOTE="mgmeek"]

[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Is anyone still in denial ???armydude101

Denial, indeed.8) But yeah, like you said with the movies and everything, it won't be a total loss.

speaking of the movies. Is there some teaser trailer I can watch over and over again until it comes out.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shockwave04
Not yet.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mgmeek
[QUOTE="armydude101"][QUOTE="mgmeek"]

[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Is anyone still in denial ???x-wing20

speaking of the movies. Is there some teaser trailer I can watch over and over again until it comes out.

not yet like shock said, but the S3 atlantis dvds will have promo trailer. so if you pre-order them you can begin salivating over them in Sept (Aug in Region 2).

x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 x-wing20
i'll have to do that.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mjk1

not yet like shock said, but the S3 atlantis dvds will have promo trailer. so if you pre-order them you can begin salivating over them in Sept (Aug in Region 2).

mgmeek

august is such a long time to wait :(

Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
Is anyone still in denial ???shockwave04
I am.

Anyway, that was a really touching blog by Shanks, lots of things he said in there hit my heart when it came to SG-1. It was really really well said, and I don't think it could have been said better. And reading that got me all saddened again that SG-1 is now over (or at least the show).
x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 x-wing20
something tells me they'll do a couple of films and if they sell enough and if the fans really really like they may want to lauch anthor season or something the again, I like how the idea of relesing movies every few months we could see something new.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shockwave04
I don't know if they could do every few months, but I could see at leasted one a year.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KnightsofRound

I don't know if they could do every few months, but I could see at leasted one a year.shockwave04

But for how long though...

The thing that has be worried about these movies is if SG-1 will ever actually have a "real" ending. When continuum is over is it going to have an ending that would be suitable enough to end the series with entirely? Are they going to have to end every movie they make as if it is the last SG-1 based thing being made? Or are they just not going to care about having a true ending and just think of Unending as the ending to everything, which in my opinion was a good episode, but it doesn't really give any closure.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mjk1
sg-1 is never going to have a true ending since the stargate program is very unlikely to be shut down, so i think 'unending' end was very fitting, the team just going through the gate for another mission.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mgmeek
i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shockwave04
As long as they don't end it like the Sopranos I'll be happy lol
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mgmeek

As long as they don't end it like the Sopranos I'll be happy lolshockwave04

didn't see it. was it bad. did gandolfini just kill everyone. lol

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KnightsofRound

i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).mgmeek

Well yeah, I don't mind the idea of it never really being over, but I would at least like to have closure about all the things going on like maybe see some of our allies one more time (Bra'tac for example I would like to see him in the shows conclusion) and get some closure on current storylines and characters. Like maybe even see Hammond one last time.

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mgmeek

[QUOTE="mgmeek"]i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).KnightsofRound

Well yeah, I don't mind the idea of it never really being over, but I would at least like to have closure about all the things going on like maybe see some of our allies one more time (Bra'tac for example I would like to see him in the shows conclusion) and get some closure on current storylines and characters. Like maybe even see Hammond one last time.

yeah, i didn't say it too clearly but i want the current storylines resolved too. i just wouldn't want to see the last show be one where they disbanded or the SGC was shutdown.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mjk1
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="mgmeek"]i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).mgmeek

yeah, i didn't say it too clearly but i want the current storylines resolved too. i just wouldn't want to see the last show be one where they disbanded or the SGC was shutdown.

but then stargate sg-1 could never come back on tv...now why would you want that lol

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mgmeek
[QUOTE="mgmeek"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="mgmeek"]i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).mjk1

but then stargate sg-1 could never come back on tv...now why would you want that lol

huuh??

well all the storylines don't have to end, just come to a stopping point. and i doubt it will pull a 'family guy' since its live action and now we've got movies!!

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mjk1
[QUOTE="mjk1"][QUOTE="mgmeek"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="mgmeek"]i don't really want to see a movie with an ending that is basically the end of sg-1. that way they can live on in our hearts and minds and in fan fiction. i don't want it to be so open-ended as 'Unending', tie up old storylines, and continue exploring the universe(s).mgmeek

huuh??

well all the storylines don't have to end, just come to a stopping point. and i doubt it will pull a 'family guy' since its live action and now we've got movies!!

opps i didnt read the word 'wouldnt' in your previous post :oops:

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KnightsofRound
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

I wouldn't want that either, but I would still want to have all of the current storylines resolved like you said.

_Sargon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _Sargon_
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Well, after reading this blog, I can say it has touched me as well. Also made me realize something, I only discovered Stargate: Sg1 3 years ago. I watched all the episodes in a short matter of time but to think that this has been going on since 97 just makes me appreciate it more. I am as big of fan as the people who have been watching since 97 and this makes me as sad as them.

Long live the dvds where we can watch them over and over (and the new movies ;) )

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mgmeek

Well, after reading this blog, I can say it has touched me as well. Also made me realize something, I only discovered Stargate: Sg1 3 years ago. I watched all the episodes in a short matter of time but to think that this has been going on since 97 just makes me appreciate it more. I am as big of fan as the people who have been watching since 97 and this makes me as sad as them.

Long live the dvds where we can watch them over and over (and the new movies ;) )

_Sargon_

same here, i started watching at the beginning of Season 8. i had been watching reruns here and there but that summer sg-1 latched onto me and i've been addicted ever since. and i say addicted b/c i do plan my friday nites around the show. and even when i get to watch them live i still tape them so i can watch them a couple more times during the week. and with the monday marathons, those took up a lot of my time too. later.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KnightsofRound

I am slightly ashamed to admit that I didn't actually start watching Stargate SG-1 on a regular basis until the beginning of season 9! I watched a few episodes of earlier seasons here and there (mostly seasons 2, 4 and 6) but I watched it very randomely one episode every few weeks/months. Then one day I watched the season premiere of season 9 and I was like hey this is that show I watched sometimes and then I actually found it with new episodes and I got really hooked on it and then I bought all of the earlier seasons starting with 1 and watched them all to catch up. It makes me more sad that I only got to be with SG-1 since season 9. I have been with Atlantis since season 3, because I never actually watched season 2 of Atlantis when it was airing because for some reason I didn't care about it when I started watching season 9 of SG-1. Then I found out one of my friends watched it to and we both didn't know each other liked it. I guess I was embarassed to tell anyone because I started watching it while I was still in high school and you know how people treat the kids who like Star Trek lol.

Anyways, after I started watching it my family was like "what are you watching all the time now?" so I pretty much got my whole family into Stargate. Oh I forgot to mention that they all watched the DVDs with me to.

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mgmeek

^ nice. lol

i think there are few people who have actually been watching SG-1 first runs since Season 1. mainly because the first 5 seasons were on Showtime. i think the viewership picked up heavily once they came to basic cable at least in the US.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shockwave04
I started watching full time in the begining of season 7. I watched a few episodes while it was on Showtime but lost track of it when the movie package got cancelled. Than I saw one of the Conan skits about and was hooked for life.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mgmeek

I started watching full time in the begining of season 7. I watched a few episodes while it was on Showtime but lost track of it when the movie package got cancelled. Than I saw one of the Conan skits about and was hooked for life.shockwave04

ah yes Conan, he had a SG fanboy who did reports on the show. i can't remember the guys name, but he got to be in an ep last year and i saw a rerun of it the other day. he was the gate dialer (i guess gary had the day off).

Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
I started watching SG-1 pretty much at the start of Season 6. So I've been with it pretty much since it hit normal cable (not that I have cable XD). I know I haven't been watching as long as many (ones who picked it up on Showtime), but I've been with SG-1 for sometime, waiting for Friday night to come to see what they got in store for us this week and so on. To think, when I started watching I was like 14 or 15... wow. Long long ago. XD
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shockwave04

ah yes Conan, he had a SG fanboy who did reports on the show. i can't remember the guys name, but he got to be in an ep last year and i saw a rerun of it the other day. he was the gate dialer (i guess gary had the day off).

mgmeek

Yeah Peirre Bernard.  He was also in the 200th episode.  He was the first guy that mitchell shot in the Zombie part.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mgmeek
[QUOTE="mgmeek"]

shockwave04

Yeah Peirre Bernard. He was also in the 200th episode. He was the first guy that mitchell shot in the Zombie part.

nice :D