How long will Atlantis last without SG-1 ???

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
^^^Topic.  I say it won't even make 3 more seasons.
DarthMcWord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DarthMcWord
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
Frankly, I think that will depend on alot of things. First of all, how how much they advertise it. Everyone saw the boosted ratings '200' enjoyed after it was advertised a lot. Also, it will depend on how the end of this season ends. If the SG-1 fans don't like the second half of Season 3, many of them(not me) will not come back to watch Season 4. Finally, I think it will last longer if they air it with BSG because BSG is the most watched out of all the Sci-fi Friday shows. But, than again, thats just my opinion.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shockwave04
I think they should move Eureka before Atlantis. But not to Friday, bring Atlantis on Tuesday. And put ECW on Friday (If they have to keep that friggin' show).
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
As long as they keep Dead Like Me on since that is a pretty good show and i enjoy watching it before Eureka.  Also i too doubt it will last more than 3 seasons and will be surprised if it lasts 2 really.  The only way i can see it lasting longer is if they somehow include most of the cast of SG1 in it and maybe make it 1.5hrs long.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
i agree with shock i dont think atlantis will last long, i dont know how long they could keep the wraith going before they introduce a new enemy
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
Im gonna say 5 seasons in total to the show. So 2 seasons without Sg-1 tops.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
2, 3 seasons at the most. Really, if it wasn't for earth and the SGC then Atlantis wouldn't be there. 2 big things comes to mind. The end of season 1. If it wasn't for SG-1 and earth sending over the ZPM Atlantis would go bye bye. And if it wasn't for SG-1 telling Atlantis that a Goa'uld put a bomb (and other things) on Atlantis then there goes Atlantis. And that's season 1 and season 2. So maybe season 3 will have something in store. Both shows sort of depend on the other (Atlantis more so). So taking SG-1 away is like taking apart of Atlantis away. Sure both are two different shows. But how many shows out there have runins with other shows? I know StarTrek TNG and DS9 both had a few crossovers, but it's nothing like SG-1 and Atlantis had/has. Just sit back and think of all the crossovers and stuff that wouldn't have happened if there was no SG-1 or Atlantis. And then think how the show would have changed without the other. It's really simple, it can't go on.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kurushio
Well there certainly are alot of things to be seen in Atlantis especially just the city itself since even now they havent showed all of it and we havent learned much either from the database.  Also who knows what other planets are out that and what is on them.  We could find another planet with the Nox or Tollans or something.
bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bbbourb
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

I think they should move Eureka before Atlantis. But not to Friday, bring Atlantis on Tuesday. And put ECW on Friday (If they have to keep that friggin' show).shockwave04

I agree wholeheartedly.  ECW can even stay where it is.  Run Eureka at 7pm CT, Atlantis at 8, and ECW at 9. 

As for how long it will last, I think they can get to 7 seasons if they pull a Deep Space Nine and take the Pegasus Galaxy into all-out war with the Wraith, and perhaps even bring the Ori into the mix.  Under the circumstances it wouldn't be beyond the realm of reason for the Ori to take control of Earth and have Stargate Command relocate to Atlantis and continue the fight from there.  Say what you will about Star Trek, like it or no, but the 7-season formula they followed with the three next-generation shows worked very well.  It should also be noted that DS9 started having the same troubles with ratings until they started the Dominion War story arc.  Once that kicked off it carried the show for the three full remaining seasons.  I think Atlantis is perfect for the same treatment.  If they're planning another show, I'd wait until the end of Atlantis Season 4 to launch it, so it can be part of the overall story arc if necessary and carry the franchise alone when Atlantis ends.

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
Deap Space Nine. I actually quite liked it. Much less diplomatic than other Star Treks.
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
Putting Atlantis on Tuesday prolly wouldnt be a smart idea. Most people sit down in front of their TV on a Friday after that whole week of work. Tuesday, to me, is just too random of a day to put a big show like Atlantis on. I only hope that it can at least make it to season 7 like any normal quality TV show.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shockwave04
Eureka is doing fine an average of a 2.0 rating.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kurushio
I never even thought about the Ori taking over earth and making Atlantis the only place left for us to fight from though i would hope that it doesnt affect Worlds when it comes out.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shockwave04
I never even thought about the Ori taking over earth and making Atlantis the only place left for us to fight from though i would hope that it doesnt affect Worlds when it comes out.Kurushio
I don't think they will do that.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
That would be kind of absurd, they can't just let Earth be taken over...
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 capthunt
Eureka is doing fine an average of a 2.0 rating.shockwave04

How can anyone like that show, its so cheap. OH a new cop takes over as sheriff of a town "with a secret of its own". Obviously it doesnt take much to entertain the average idiots these days.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shockwave04
So since I like that show I'm an idiot ???
bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bbbourb

That would be kind of absurd, they can't just let Earth be taken over...KnightsofRound

How is that absurd?  Are you 100% certain with an entity like the IOA there's absolutely no way Earth would cow to the Ori?  Don't just tell me they can't, tell me why.  Stargate is becoming too much like Star Trek's Next Generation where the good guys always win!  At the very least they're at the point where Earth isn't under any real, tangible threat, and having Earth fall to the Ori will accomplish two key goals:  First, it will allow closure to SG-1 by having a significant, compelling event take place at the end.  Second, it will transfer a major storyline from SG-1 to Atlantis, allowing that show to pick up the continuity as well as continue the storyline.  Fans will want to know what's going to happen to the Earth, and if they can take some of the characters over from SG-1 to Atlantis.  I think it'd help increase interest and viewership to Atlantis, and leave an opening for an SG-1 movie, where they could potentially free Earth and defeat the Ori.  I would prefer that to ending SG-1 with the Ori's defeat and making everything hunky-dory in our corner of the Milky Way.  It'll give Atlantis a stronger base, and more plotlines to explore, also making it more likely the show will survive longer. 

bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bbbourb

[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Eureka is doing fine an average of a 2.0 rating.capthunt

How can anyone like that show, its so cheap. OH a new cop takes over as sheriff of a town "with a secret of its own". Obviously it doesnt take much to entertain the average idiots these days.

I take umbrage to your comment.  It entertains me, and I certainly don't think of myself as "the average idiot".  It is a bit formulaic, but by the same token they do have a pretty good cast and the subtleties in the show, like the house Carter lives in, are bizarre enough to be interesting. 

I'll put this another way, then move on:  I don't like pro wrestling, I think it's silly and very base.  I do not classify those who watch it and enjoy it as an "average idiot" though.  My not agreeing with one's taste in viewing material should not class one as an idiot. 

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
yeah i agree with bbbourb earth taken over by the ori would be a good end to sg1, and mgm is talking about moving the cast of sg1 to atlantis so if this happens they could come up with a decent story but then in atlantis they would have too many bad guys to fight against; the ori, wraith, geni and the new ones
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shockwave04
You know I have been thinging about it and. And that would be cool. if the Ori invaded Earth.
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 capthunt
So since I like that show I'm an idiot ???shockwave04

no comment, but ur not helping stargate by watching the shows that will eventually replace it
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shockwave04
That has nothing to do with it.
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 capthunt
w/e
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shockwave04
w/ecapthunt
What ???
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
[QUOTE="capthunt"]w/eshockwave04
What ???

Stands for "Whatever".
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shockwave04
ah
DoHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DoHo
Member since 2005 • 6570 Posts
Hm, the Ori taking over Earth.. I guess it could work. Although they'd have to do it PERFECT. So they'd need a movie length episode end to the show. Or even 2 movie length episodes so they can do as much as possible. Then they could transfer whoever over to Atlantis, have another season, and then have a Movie that clears up the Earth matter, and continue on with Atlantis.