Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
This is actually a pretty decent episode.  You cant really tell whats going on or who you can really trust.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kurushio
I just watched the sci fi video thing that you can only see if you watch the show live and it was interesting.  If you remember the red head that wanted to kill teyla for getting her father killed, she is actually still in atlantis in jail but they've made no mention of her at all for like a year lol.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
Wow, she must be sick of that place by now. XD This episode is pretty good. The whole "Who can you trust" thing adds a pretty good twist to it all.
tmblackmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 tmblackmaster
Member since 2003 • 4553 Posts
Welp learnt that the wraith can give life back.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
"What? He looks younger then he did before" that was good. XD But yea, I sort of thought "Well the Wraith must be able to give back life" when he sucked on John that last time (the time before he gave it back). And John is now a Wraith brother, sweet. XD
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I thought it was a good episode over all. When MacKay did his Patton speech lol. And the password for the online stuff was Koya I always thoguht his name was Goya (like the bean) lol
bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bbbourb
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Wow...this episode outdistances SG-1 again, in my opinion.  I'd been reading on Gateworld that we'd get to see Kolya again, and as usual, the creep didn't disappoint.  I think it's good for a show if one of the main characters has a recurring nemesis, and the Kolya/Sheppard is perfect.  Kolya is the quintessential delusional tyrant hell-bent on revenge. 

Impressions:

I thought this was a well-constructed episode, right from the beginning when Kolya used that weird grappler to grab on to Sheppard.  Even though you had to know that Sheppard would survive, the tension in this episode, like in SG-1, was palpable from the beginning.  Using the Wraith as a torture instrument and sending the video to Atlantis was a nice, sadistic touch.  I think they went just a touch overboard with the distrustful attitude toward the Genii, but I do understand where they were coming from on it.  It's not like they didn't have reason to distrust Ladon, but Ronan was becoming a bit grating.  There isn't much to say beyond this, the plot was simple and relatively predictable (who didn't know that the Wraith was going to heal Sheppard at some point?) but as usual it was so well-written and acted that you couldn't help but stay riveted, even with the predictable nature of the script.

Characters:

How can you not love to hate Kolya?  Robert Davi plays the role perfectly as usual, and dang if he didn't escape again.  We also get to see exactly how much faith Sheppard has in his team, as well as the concern and care the Atlantis team shows for him.  Ronan seems to have learned what it means to be part of the team after the events of Sateda, and his character is both better and worse for it.  Better because he finally starts to feel like part of the team, worse because he still has that single-minded fury and distrust for just about everyone.  McKay was his usual self, though much less annoying for a change.  I like Carson Beckett quite a bit, but I think he's starting to get a bit too much screentime in my opinion.  Having him in on the assault of the wrong complex, when McKay shot the mouse, was a bit much in my humble opinion.  Weir continues to get better, more self-assured and at the same time tortured by the sometimes tragic decisions she has to make.  This will only continue to make her character better.  Teyla...well, as her shirt neckline continues to plunge with each episode, she seems to be shifting from a significant character that is an asset to simple window-dressing.  Very hot window-dressing, but still...Oh, and according to Gateworld, the Wraith was played by Christopher Heyerdahl, who also plays Halling.  Good choice, he did a fantastic job.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kurushio
I dont know if i should rate it as awesome but i really liked this episode on many different angles and the ending was pretty decent too.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
The episode was pretty predictable but I thought it was very entertaining.  Overall I was really pleased with both episodes this week.  I thought the Wraith being the other prisoner was a great twist early on and them escaping together was pretty neat.  I agree with the thing about Teyla though, she is nice to look at, but she hasn't really been doing anything lately other than just "being there".
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shockwave04
I've been saying that since last yesr.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
airs today 9pm skyone (UK)
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
That episode was awsome. It was great to see collia (sp) again and it seems he will return again as well. I liked the fact that the Wraith wasn't all bad and that they aren't just mindless bloodsuckers. It was pretty cool to see him and Shepherd working together.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mjk1
wow the wraith can bring back people.....didnt see that coming, i thought after the wraith suck the life out of sheppard that beckett would figure something out and restore sheppard but the wraith did which was odd but good at the same time, i guess we dont know anything about the wraith yet but it was good to get some history about them. if only we knew more about the wraith and have some reccuring wraith bad guys i think that would make them more menacing
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shockwave04
Giving back life was an unseen event in my eyes.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
I think that the Wraith from this episode will most likely come back.  Him and Sheppard will probably end up meeting each other again, and as dumb as it sounds they may have developed some sort of unspoken bond where they decide to spare each others lives... who knows?  And yeah it was nice seeing Kolya come back and he does come back again later this season.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mjk1
yeah i was thinking that, but probably if a wraith is to come back then micheal will come back