Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
Alright. I thought it was pretty good. Then it slammed October on my screen. Rarble. I can't wait already. =-(
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

It was very annoying leaving so many thing unanswered and kinda screamed that they were scared they wouldnt get another season so the left a ton of questions to make sure lol. Also never seen where a show has a season finale and at the end they shows some clips and a preview of the next season 4 months away lol.

It better not wrap up in like 10min when it comes back lol. I want to believe that someone will not make it but i just cant see anybody major dying. Maybe TJ will lose the baby but i would doubt even that.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Right at the end my brother asked me this question "why are those people on the ship?" Now, he's not as big of a Stargate fan as me, nor has he seen all the Universe episodes, but I was asking myself the same question the whole time... sure they're "interested" in Destiny, but so far it's not very convincing. I don't feel that their motivation to take over the ship has been justified well enough. Like "Hey, we want to join you guys on the space ship that goes to no where and cannot be controlled!"

Overall this episode was fine to me (better than most of the earlier ones) and the show has been just ok so far. Some of the characters have grown on me a bit, but I can see the over-the-top drama becoming unbearable as the series continues. They need to work on more Sci-fi stories with aliens and interestingexplorations of off-world planets.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smokeydabear076

It was very annoying leaving so many thing unanswered and kinda screamed that they were scared they wouldnt get another season so the left a ton of questions to make sure lol. Also never seen where a show has a season finale and at the end they shows some clips and a preview of the next season 4 months away lol.

It better not wrap up in like 10min when it comes back lol. I want to believe that someone will not make it but i just cant see anybody major dying. Maybe TJ will lose the baby but i would doubt even that.

Kurushio
I just don't see them letting the baby live. I mean they might, but realistically, I just don't see them bringing a baby onto the show. Plus, the death of her unborn baby will allow her to place blame on the Colonel and all of that good dramatic stuff they seem to love.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kurushio
To be fair they do seem to have alot of knowledge of the ship without even having been on it. They probably have some reason for being there obviously.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 smokeydabear076

To be fair they do seem to have alot of knowledge of the ship without even having been on it. They probably have some reason for being there obviously.Kurushio
Yeah, but the actual motivation is not obvious at all, and that's my problem. I think they made a few allusions to their objective in the earlier episodes, but that's still not enough to have me interested in this conflict. Maybe we will find out next season, but right now it just seems like an excuse to have a lot of drama with hostages being taken and all of that stuff. Like you said, they left way too many things unanswered, and I think it would have been better if they gave us some sort of hint as to what the LA wants to accomplish on Destiny.

Sometimes it's good to leave people asking questions like I did, but I feel that this is one of those questions that should have been answered by now, and instead of adding a sense of mystery to the story, it's just annoying me.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Yeah, but the actual motivation is not obvious at all, and that's my problem. I think they made a few allusions to their objective in the earlier episodes, but that's still not enough to have me interested in this conflict. Maybe we will find out next season, but right now it just seems like an excuse to have a lot of drama with hostages being taken and all of that stuff. Like you said, they left way too many things unanswered, and I think it would have been better if they gave us some sort of hint as to what the LA wants to accomplish on Destiny.

Sometimes it's good to leave people asking questions like I did, but I feel that this is one of those questions that should have been answered by now, and instead of adding a sense of mystery to the story, it's just annoying me.

smokeydabear076
Maybe the LA think they have a way of taking control of Destiny? Not seen this one yet, but hope its a decent one.
x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 x-wing20
Member since 2003 • 1293 Posts
To be honest i thought part one was better. I agree that was too much of a cliff hanger.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

To be fair they do seem to have alot of knowledge of the ship without even having been on it. They probably have some reason for being there obviously.Kurushio

The Alliance does use pilfered Ancient technology on a regular basis, I think it's fitting they have some level of familiarity with Destiny.

I forgot how much I hate season-ending cliffhangers. People criticizing SGU for it need a bit of a reality check though, SG-1 and Atlantis both did that for every single season. I thought part 2 was a lot better, a lot more going on and a lot more relevant stuff going on as well. I'll repeat what I said last week, this doesn't need to be a three parter, 95% of what was going on in part 1 was just filler.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kurushio
SG1 and Atlantis never left so many questions that you couldnt really easily guess at for a cliffhanger especially in thier later seasons (since they kinda thought every season was the last lol). It would have been nice to atleast understand WHY the LA wanted the Destiny so bad. Its nice that the gained some more people for the ship though. Wouldnt be surprised if those aliens came back and killed and took a few randoms.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 smokeydabear076

SG1 and Atlantis never left so many questions that you couldnt really easily guess at for a cliffhanger especially in thier later seasons (since they kinda thought every season was the last lol). It would have been nice to atleast understand WHY the LA wanted the Destiny so bad. Its nice that the gained some more people for the ship though. Wouldnt be surprised if those aliens came back and killed and took a few randoms.Kurushio
Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with cliffhangers, but over 3 episodes they haven't answered much of anything so I'm loosing interest in the plot... it shouldn't take another to give us everything we want to know. I don't see why the LA's motive hasn't been revealed yet.

But whatever happens I hope it goes down like you suggest... there needs to be more people on the ship. Maybe not playing a constant role, but it would be cool to see the LA second in command show up here and there.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theone86

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]SG1 and Atlantis never left so many questions that you couldnt really easily guess at for a cliffhanger especially in thier later seasons (since they kinda thought every season was the last lol). It would have been nice to atleast understand WHY the LA wanted the Destiny so bad. Its nice that the gained some more people for the ship though. Wouldnt be surprised if those aliens came back and killed and took a few randoms.smokeydabear076

Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with cliffhangers, but over 3 episodes they haven't answered much of anything so I'm loosing interest in the plot... it shouldn't take another to give us everything we want to know. I don't see why the LA's motive hasn't been revealed yet.

But whatever happens I hope it goes down like you suggest... there needs to be more people on the ship. Maybe not playing a constant role, but it would be cool to see the LA second in command show up here and there.

Well yeah, like I said I agree they're dragging it out too long. I disagree that they never left so many unanswered questions in other series, though. Just off the top of my head, spoilers for Atlantis and SG-1, once they were stuck a million light years from home with Apophis bearing down on them, once Apophis' fleet was about to attack Earth and it looked like Earth was completely defenseless, and once the Wraith, who knew the secret that was protecting Atlantis from invasion at the time, suddenly turned on them, capturing Ronin and McKay, sending the Daedalus running, and seemingly killing Shepard, and another time a Wraith fleet seemingly brought Atlantis to its knees while Ford plunges into the ocean and Shepard goes on a suicide mission. Leaving a lot of things hanging at the end of the season is commonplace for stargate shows, I just think they dragged it out for too long.

As for why the Alliance wants the ship, the same reason everyone else want sthe ship, they want to learn Ancient secrets. Perhaps the ship is much much older than most other Ancient tech, but many people, including Rush, think there are secrets stored within the ship's databases, though what exactly is there he hasn't a clue. At the very least the ship once seeded stargates, and aside from having advanced hyperdrive and shielding systems the ship literally recharges by drawing power fomr the sun while current Earth and LA ships use ZPMs or large reactors, if they could figure out the technology behind Destiny it would be an advantadge to anyone.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Only thing on the power, is if even the ancients eventually dropped start power for ZPM technology, I cant see there being much to gain from that, accept maybe for solar type reactors on earth etc.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with cliffhangers, but over 3 episodes they haven't answered much of anything so I'm loosing interest in the plot...smokeydabear076

I bet you hate Lost lol

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
I just hope this dosent become like Voyager, where two sets of crew have to work togerther and learn to coexist.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I have to say, I haven't given a moment's thought to the finale since the last frame of it went off; it's just hard for me to get worked up over any of these people, most of whom I dislike, or their small-scale crises :(
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I feel for a few of them. Eli / Telford ( really like Telford ). Don't care that much for Younge tho.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I'll add that my bf had forgotten the show was done for the season; he asked me last night if I knew what this week's episode was :P
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with cliffhangers, but over 3 episodes they haven't answered much of anything so I'm loosing interest in the plot...shockwave04

I bet you hate Lost lol

I haven't watched that show yet. :shock:
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 smokeydabear076

Well yeah, like I said I agree they're dragging it out too long. I disagree that they never left so many unanswered questions in other series, though. Just off the top of my head, spoilers for Atlantis and SG-1, once they were stuck a million light years from home with Apophis bearing down on them, once Apophis' fleet was about to attack Earth and it looked like Earth was completely defenseless, and once the Wraith, who knew the secret that was protecting Atlantis from invasion at the time, suddenly turned on them, capturing Ronin and McKay, sending the Daedalus running, and seemingly killing Shepard, and another time a Wraith fleet seemingly brought Atlantis to its knees while Ford plunges into the ocean and Shepard goes on a suicide mission. Leaving a lot of things hanging at the end of the season is commonplace for stargate shows, I just think they dragged it out for too long.

As for why the Alliance wants the ship, the same reason everyone else want sthe ship, they want to learn Ancient secrets. Perhaps the ship is much much older than most other Ancient tech, but many people, including Rush, think there are secrets stored within the ship's databases, though what exactly is there he hasn't a clue. At the very least the ship once seeded stargates, and aside from having advanced hyperdrive and shielding systems the ship literally recharges by drawing power fomr the sun while current Earth and LA ships use ZPMs or large reactors, if they could figure out the technology behind Destiny it would be an advantadge to anyone.

theone86
Maybe it's the fact that we know so little about Destiny ourselves that it makes me uninterested in this plot element. I mean sure they "want the secretes", but there hasn't been any hint to what those secrets are, there's no indication of Destiny's potential power other than it being a pain in the ass to live on. And so I have hard time thinking that it would be so appealing the the LA to board Destiny, when they obviously know that the situation there sucks. And isn't this in another Galaxy or something? So it would take the LA a long time to get back and use whatever secrets they find against humanity.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smokeydabear076
I have to say, I haven't given a moment's thought to the finale since the last frame of it went off; it's just hard for me to get worked up over any of these people, most of whom I dislike, or their small-scale crises :(xaos
I'm not really caring about them a whole lot right now, but I don't really hate them anymore, like I used to. :lol:
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theone86
[QUOTE="theone86"]

smokeydabear076

Maybe it's the fact that we know so little about Destiny ourselves that it makes me uninterested in this plot element. I mean sure they "want the secretes", but there hasn't been any hint to what those secrets are, there's no indication of Destiny's potential power other than it being a pain in the ass to live on. And so I have hard time thinking that it would be so appealing the the LA to board Destiny, when they obviously know that the situation there sucks. And isn't this in another Galaxy or something? So it would take the LA a long time to get back and use whatever secrets they find against humanity.

One, the Allaince just knows it's in a different galaxy, they don't necessarily know if or how much technology the earth crew has uncovered. Two, they believe because they use Ancient based technology on a consistent basis that they will be better able to recover technology than the humans. Three, people in Stargate have always gone to extraordinary effort to get their hands on anything Ancient, SGC sent an entire expedition to another galaxy with the distinct possibility that they may never be able to gate back in mind just to try and recover Ancient secrets. Finally, as far as what might be stored, they've already found an Ancient chair and learned how to successfully interface with it, and there's also the possibility that someone from the crew has learned how to ascend.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smokeydabear076

One, the Allaince just knows it's in a different galaxy, they don't necessarily know if or how much technology the earth crew has uncovered. Two, they believe because they use Ancient based technology on a consistent basis that they will be better able to recover technology than the humans. Three, people in Stargate have always gone to extraordinary effort to get their hands on anything Ancient, SGC sent an entire expedition to another galaxy with the distinct possibility that they may never be able to gate back in mind just to try and recover Ancient secrets. Finally, as far as what might be stored, they've already found an Ancient chair and learned how to successfully interface with it, and there's also the possibility that someone from the crew has learned how to ascend.

theone86
All that stuff is true, but like I've said, the overall ambiguity doesn't make the plot interesting to me. I think they've focused way too much on the characters and haven't driven the core story far enough to make an impact on me. Instead of ending with just our "heroes" in imprisonment, they could have suggested or revealed something extraordinary about the ship and or it's mission, then I might have been a little more satisfied.