deactivated-5f923218dd223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f923218dd223
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts
May or may not get to watch it tonight as I have a lot to do. We're leaving for our honeymoon tomorrow! Two nights in Seattle and then two weeks on an Alaskan cruise!
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

He congrats. My buddy just got married last weekend and they went on a cruise of the Gulf (behind the oil lol). Also of this episode i loved the announcement and how it showed both Destiny and Earth preparing to stop the Lucian Alliance. Also Carter looks way different lol.

Why wouldnt they immediately suck out all the air of the gateroom as soon as they went out of FTL. Also how the hell did the Lucian Alliance guess to the second that Destiny would be out of FTL? I doubt Rush would have told them or remembered the exact time. For that matter why didnt Destiny try to dial out? lol.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kurushio
I know they have to make it interesting but how do you fail to stop people trapped in a room. They even had long corridors they could have just been at the end and shot fish in a barrel. That part was just dumb and wow are they bad shots lol.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kurushio

It was a good episode overall and leaves some questions that im glad they brought up. Why all of a sudden they do no have a countdown for FTL? What was that death beam thing? Whats going on with the ship? It doesnt seem like it is the aliens we know since they would have just started shooting and they couldnt get through the shields.

Maybe it was the aliens that created the planet or something. Glad this wasnt the season finale lol.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
My guess is that everything that is going on is from the dude who disappeared from the chair in the interface room; I think he's merged with the ship's systems now.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kurushio
I forgot about that guy lol. Still doesnt exactly explain how a beam of high energy easily goes through the shield and melts a guy or why he did it to only one bad guy though.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
I thought the episode was a big disappointment. First off, the whole Chloe and Eli thing, in the words of Randall Graves, "all it was, was [the two of them] walking!" In addition, the idea behind the episode was good, but I think it's being pretty poorly executed. Whole parts of the episode are simply people talking with absolutely nothing going on at all. I think the problem is, as has been with other episodes in the past, them trying to stretch one episode's worth of material into a two-parter, there's simply not enough good show to go around.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kurushio
Yeah the chloe part was dumb. I thought to myself "One again being useless and slowing people down" lol. Though i think Eli could use the workout.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I forgot about that guy lol. Still doesnt exactly explain how a beam of high energy easily goes through the shield and melts a guy or why he did it to only one bad guy though.Kurushio

Something to do with the random power problems/glitches i'm thinking. Maybe the guy who went in the chair too.

Good episode.  Ended up being way better than I expected.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I really hope Telford doesn't die, I like that guy. His reaction when Ming Na said civilians give the military orders was priceless.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Not watched this one yet, but the discussion has me thinking, can anyone say 'close the iris'?
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kurushio
There is no iris on Destiny. Nor a shield. They should of tried to dial out ASAP though for the same effect.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

Wray's character was finally put to good use, albiet only for one scenel. Once again Scott is questioning orders, he seems to be a really bad officer. Last episode he was giving Way all the mission details and this week stopping the colonel from doing his job. He should be court martiled lol.

Edit: Good to see Carter again, now just waiting for Teal'c. 

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the1stmoonfly
There is no iris on Destiny. Nor a shield. They should of tried to dial out ASAP though for the same effect.Kurushio
No, but I'm sure they could put something together to protect themselves from incoming intruders easy enough?
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kurushio
They were going to just vaccuum all the air out of the room but then they saw Telford there and they didnt expect them to be able to open the doors with a device either. Also it seems like most of the military people have become really bad shots lol.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shockwave04
Not all military people are field ready. I bet the Cooks are not very goods shots
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kurushio
Have you seen "Under Siege"? Or even "The Hunt for Red October"? lol
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shockwave04
Those two cooks were the exception lol
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kurushio
Even still it isnt like ALL the military personel were cooks lol.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the1stmoonfly
If they were, they would be invincible :D
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shockwave04

Even still it isnt like ALL the military personel were cooks lol.Kurushio

No, some of them were the gate techs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Even still it isnt like ALL the military personel were cooks lol.shockwave04

No, some of them were the gate techs

Are you implying that these aren't the guys you'd want watching your back in a fire fight?
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shockwave04
it a hard one lol
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the1stmoonfly
Rodney would take them both!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 194197844077667059316682358889
Rodney would take them both!the1stmoonfly
Bah, maybe if he was hopped up on Wraith enzyme :P
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the1stmoonfly

Ive just watched this episode, and yet there is another event that just happens out of no where, not explained at all, and thats it. Also, did anyone else wander where the Lucien Alliance guys went when the door was open and he (I cant remember his name, the guy that was in Rush's body) was all alone asking for a radio and asking why that guy just disappeared.

I'm gonna guess on that one and say I think its some kind of security feature if the person behind the door is deemed a risk by the ship, for what ever reason. 

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the1stmoonfly

Also how the hell did the Lucian Alliance guess to the second that Destiny would be out of FTL? I doubt Rush would have told them or remembered the exact time. For that matter why didnt Destiny try to dial out? lol.

Kurushio
Destiny dropped out of FTL because there was an incoming gate signal and it needed to slow to make the connection.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theone86

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]There is no iris on Destiny. Nor a shield. They should of tried to dial out ASAP though for the same effect.the1stmoonfly
No, but I'm sure they could put something together to protect themselves from incoming intruders easy enough?

Yeah, it wouldn't be as durable as the SG-1 iris, which took an Anubis weapon to penetrate, but all you would really need is a thin layer of sheet metal to stop people from rematerializing, correct? Doesn't need to be durable, as long as it's there, though they would probably have to wheel it into and out of place manually. Plus, they had to blow up a planet just to dial to the Destiny, I don't think they expected anyone besides their own people ever coming back through the gate. Also, if I remember correctly, they can't dial out, that's done automatically, they can only dial in with the kinos.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kurushio
They can dial out otherwise they could only send one trip through. They had to send a recue crew out. Im not sure if they didnt dial out much because they didnt know what planets would be safe and they may have a limited amount of keno's.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the1stmoonfly
They can dial out otherwise they could only send one trip through. They had to send a recue crew out. Im not sure if they didnt dial out much because they didnt know what planets would be safe and they may have a limited amount of keno's.Kurushio
Doesnt Destiny dial out for them every time they drop from FTL, and then the SGTeam simply dials back when ready?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]They can dial out otherwise they could only send one trip through. They had to send a recue crew out. Im not sure if they didnt dial out much because they didnt know what planets would be safe and they may have a limited amount of keno's.the1stmoonfly
Doesnt Destiny dial out for them every time they drop from FTL, and then the SGTeam simply dials back when ready?

Yes that's what happens, but come to think of it they have cut the link and re-established it in the past. Still, when they do they only have the capability to dial the planet they're currently stopped at, or at least have only shown that ability, and they definitely don't have the ability to dial while the ship is in FTL, nor do they control when they drop out of FTL, and if they did have the ability to dial any gate they couldn't do so at the point when the Alliance invaded because there were no gates in range as explained in part 2. Furthermore, I don't think they knew the Alliance was going to dial the ninth chevron until they actually did, until the Hammond reached the planet and picked up the energy signature all they knew was that the Alliance was trying to dial the chevron and that they were close. In that case, the only way to dial out would be to wait until they dropped out of FTL in range of a stargate and keep the gate open for 38 minute intervals, which would eat away at their power and who knows how long they could keep that up before Destiny would be forced to set course for the nearest star.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kurushio
It may be that it is locked to one address FROM Destiny but they can dial out to atleast the planet that they are at. Then with the device they can go to other planets.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the1stmoonfly

What I dont understand is the why the gates are all old and pretty much useless. To me it just seems like its an excuse to keep the series going, and on the grand scheme of things it makes little sense. These exploratory gates must be removed and re used at some point otherwise they would be all over the place from right back at the start of SG-1, which obviously cant happen. If this is the case, ten it would make sense that destiny is following the course it is, but then it begs the question, why isnt it collecting ates, or replacing one every so often with a fully working gates we're more used to seeing. 

The obvious answers to that IMO, is that destiny needs to know which gates are being replaced, and that would need input from its original parent civilisation, which doesnt exist any more. That then leads us to why was Destiny just left, when it must have been doing what its doing now for a very long time while the ancients were still humans. Why would they leave it running and ignore it and, why havent they done something with the gate system. Maybe it was a prototype that went missing (hard to believe but not impossible I guess), and that would lead us to the conclusion the old gates system was also a prototype system.

This still leaves all sorts of questions though, like why does Destiny travel between galaxies, it doesnt seem to have a purpose and it doesnt make sense. With Atlantis and Destiny, there seems to be a lot about the ancients that doesnt make a great deal of sense. 

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 mgmeek
Member since 2005 • 4079 Posts
An easy answer is that this is all bigger than us or even the Ancients. The Ancients maybe saw it as their duty to spread these transportation devices across as much of the universe as possible whether they or any species they knew ever travelled there.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 theone86

What I dont understand is the why the gates are all old and pretty much useless. To me it just seems like its an excuse to keep the series going, and on the grand scheme of things it makes little sense. These exploratory gates must be removed and re used at some point otherwise they would be all over the place from right back at the start of SG-1, which obviously cant happen. If this is the case, ten it would make sense that destiny is following the course it is, but then it begs the question, why isnt it collecting ates, or replacing one every so often with a fully working gates we're more used to seeing.

The obvious answers to that IMO, is that destiny needs to know which gates are being replaced, and that would need input from its original parent civilisation, which doesnt exist any more. That then leads us to why was Destiny just left, when it must have been doing what its doing now for a very long time while the ancients were still humans. Why would they leave it running and ignore it and, why havent they done something with the gate system. Maybe it was a prototype that went missing (hard to believe but not impossible I guess), and that would lead us to the conclusion the old gates system was also a prototype system.

This still leaves all sorts of questions though, like why does Destiny travel between galaxies, it doesnt seem to have a purpose and it doesnt make sense. With Atlantis and Destiny, there seems to be a lot about the ancients that doesnt make a great deal of sense.

the1stmoonfly

Think of it as an exploratory colonization ship, Desinty's first run through was simply planting gates in order to seed the system. The expectation was that once that was done an Ancient crew would come back in the Destiny to re-tool the stargates (install chevrons and a dialing system). Given that it takes the destruction of a planet to get to Destiny in the first place, I would hazard a guess that they might not have even seeded Destiny's path with the intention of colonizing them but rather as a last resort escape plan in case they had to leave whatever galaxy they've been inhabiting (like they've done so many times before).

Or maybe, seeing as how the Destiny itself is older than any Ancient tech ever shown, it seeded this galaxy before they had developed stargate technology to the point of using DHD's.