Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Xdsk
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

Ok a quick thought, why havent any of earths ships got Goa'uld tech on them?

They could easily implement the Goa'uld Projectiles (considering the majority of human ship systems operate on crystal tech) and the information and source material is easily accessable, you can get an Alkesh on the galactic black market, i dont see the problem, surely the SGC can cannabilise parts from Goa'uld ships.

Or ask the Jaffa or the Tokra to help them. So why do they stick with human missles, which deplete and are rather inaffective against any shielded target. I understand the rail guns (anti fighter/missle capabilitys) But why not build in Goa'uld energy projectiles?!

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I don't think the Jaffa wants to help the humans.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
The only good thing about our ships armament is that if someone ever steals it they will have limited ammo and will need to figure out how to aim and correctly use it.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
if you think about it our ships are now more powerfull (season 10) than the goa'uld ships so we dont really need their tech. sure energy weapons would be great but i dont think we know how to impliment them in our ships. if our shields can withstand 2 or 3 ori weapon blasts then goauld energy weapons should be harmless.
Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Xdsk
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts
Our ships are move powerful now, but if we hadnt aquired the tech the way we did (trying to avoid any spoilers here) we would simple have been stuck with the bog standard human weps.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts

Our ships are move powerful now, but if we hadnt aquired the tech the way we did (trying to avoid any spoilers here) we would simple have been stuck with the bog standard human weps.Xdsk

Our ships own everything out there now. That is all I have to say to avoid spoilers, unless that is just the Odyssey. Goa'uld tech is old and outdated, just look at how easily their motherships are taken out by the Ori ships.

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 mgmeek
Member since 2005 • 4079 Posts

i think we learned the lesson of retro-engineering from goa'uld tech with the f302 or whichever death glider we tried to retrofit with earth tech.

also, since the goa'uld are parasitic, and most of there tech comes from the ancients, shouldn't their ships be tougher, but i guess they could have lost some of the tech over the years aside from the rings and stargate system.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KnightsofRound

i think we learned the lesson of retro-engineering from goa'uld tech with the f302 or whichever death glider we tried to retrofit with earth tech.

also, since the goa'uld are parasitic, and most of there tech comes from the ancients, shouldn't their ships be tougher, but i guess they could have lost some of the tech over the years aside from the rings and stargate system.

mgmeek

Is it just me though, or doesn't it seem like the Goa'uld haven't really updated their technology and ships in a really long time? It seems like they still use the same ships that they used when Ra originally came to Earth. I think it's because they have never really been threatened by anyone other than the Asgard (who were incapable of launching a full scale attack against them because of the Replicators) but the only thing the Goa'uld seem to have upgraded over the years is shields for their ships, and they invented the personal shields too. (In the Nox episode in season 1 when Apophis uses his personal shield, Teal'c states that he has never seen the technology before so I assume that it must be relatively new around when the show started).

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
You would think that they would have gotten a symbiote to take over a few tollan scientists to learn their tech and then maybe also try to even take over an asgard mind if possible. There are goa'uld scientists but there isnt enough of them and they arent that good.
mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mgmeek

and they invented the personal shields too. (In the Nox episode in season 1 when Apophis uses his personal shield, Teal'c states that he has never seen the technology before so I assume that it must be relatively new around when the show started).

KnightsofRound

true, and even in S1 'within the serpeant's grasp' apophis upgraded his hyperdrive.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KnightsofRound
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

and they invented the personal shields too. (In the Nox episode in season 1 when Apophis uses his personal shield, Teal'c states that he has never seen the technology before so I assume that it must be relatively new around when the show started).

mgmeek

true, and even in S1 'within the serpeant's grasp' apophis upgraded his hyperdrive.

Yeah, I really think its because the Goa'uld haven't really had much of a reason to vastly upgrade their technology because they had no outside threats for so long. There is also the fact that the other system lords get pissed off when they realize another rival system lord (at the summit meetings) has some sort of advantage over the others, and they all gang up on him. For example, when Niirti had that cloaking technology in the season 3 episode "fair game" Lord Yu got really pissed off when he found out she was concealing the technology from the rest of the system lords, and I believe he said something like "you will pay for this treason". I think that the Goa'uld may actually share all of their technology with each other, or are at least SUPPOSED to, despite their rivalries with each other.

mgmeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mgmeek
[QUOTE="mgmeek"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

KnightsofRound

Yeah, I really think its because the Goa'uld haven't really had much of a reason to vastly upgrade their technology because they had no outside threats for so long. There is also the fact that the other system lords get pissed off when they realize another rival system lord (at the summit meetings) has some sort of advantage over the others, and they all gang up on him. For example, when Niirti had that cloaking technology in the season 3 episode "fair game" Lord Yu got really pissed off when he found out she was concealing the technology from the rest of the system lords, and I believe he said something like "you will pay for this treason". I think that the Goa'uld may actually share all of their technology with each other, or are at least SUPPOSED to, despite their rivalries with each other.

yeah it's a very complicated group of people. :?