cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

RE5 on pro is hard but I already beat it and learned a thing or two from it. If you already beat it you can also try these for fun or just to try it.

1. Grabbing items, if you pick up an item for that split second when you bend over your invincible
  2. Killing whiskers, when he jumps after Chris the moment they fall, when whiskers back tumor is exposed either have sheva shoot it or Chris aim the the ground behind him a little with a rocket and its over.
  3. Others can also be found on youtube if ou want to spend time there.
souleater289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 souleater289
Member since 2009 • 1346 Posts
What about the Nsedu fight? It is the only level I have had major problem with so far on veteran. Then again I'm only on 4-3 on veteran.
souleater289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 souleater289
Member since 2009 • 1346 Posts
Grabbing things to become invincible?

Pro sound like the difficulty took a major step forward, if you need that split second.
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts
The Ndesu fight, unless you have a partner that knows exactly what there doing the AI is better to use. Pro is one hit (pretty much) and you die, I'll pull you through it if you have a ps3 and add me.
gamer_girl15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 gamer_girl15
Member since 2004 • 2534 Posts

I just beat the game on Pro today. One thing that really helped me was the Infinite Rocket launcher. It one hit kills most bosses even on professional.

Although I do kind of feel like I cheated :P

Edit: It didn't help with Nedsu though. I managed to solo him and he only killled me 15 times (He killed me over 35 times on veteran so it is an improvement :P). Once I got the rhythm down he wasn't so bad. You really need to hit all the button prompts and make sure to shoot him in the face before he smacks you. Also hitting the explosive barrel when he picks up a telephone pole really helps too.

Azure-Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Azure-Dreamer
Member since 2009 • 535 Posts

The only issues I had concerning Professional was the Ndesu fight, which in honesty can be a chore in any difficulty. I fluked through an S Rank in my Pro run with an fellow vet, but so far an S Rank on the Veteran Ndesu fight is the only S Rank I don't have! Anyways, for Pro:

Invincibility Frames
When your character performs certain animations such as picking up items or performing a melee attack, they'll be invincible until that animation is over. So in the thick of a tumble, one of those extremely annoying Majini with those lengthy pieces of pipe tries to bash you on the bonce, pick up any item laying around. Time it right and you'll come out unscathed.

Reloading
This should be a standard reflex to those who frequent Mercenaries and Versus mode, but reloading is a killer. So take advantage of animations like ladder climbing and melee attacks to reload through the inventory screen.

Explosive Assistance
Unlike previous difficulties where the likes of grenades and mines seem a tad overkill, in Professional they won't go amiss. You can purchase Proximity Mines with those massive funds you'll be earning through Professional and a well placed mine + one shot can be devestating (especially helpful to those wishing to conserve Shotgun and Magnum ammo).

Grenade Launcher
Similar to before, the grenade launcher is total overkill even in Veteran. So take your time, you can buy as many rounds as you can afford so there's no need to panic with finding ammo.

• Nitrogen Rounds are effective for tackling the Beta Lickers and large crowds
  • Flash Rounds insta-kill any plaga that catches their glare, plus any Majini will be open for melee
  • Flame & Acid Rounds cut down health and send Majini to the floor, ready for a quick ammo conserving Stomp or Impale
  • Explosive Rounds are good crowd contol, just keep an eye out for the partner

Bloody Reapers
An annoying point for all I'm sure, their OhKO is enough to make any Veteran throw their hands up in frustration. The key to Reapers is timing. Clear out any Majini that may be coming your way (they'll really get in the way) and for the love of all that is holy pack a magnum if you're going up against one of these suckers. If you're really lazy, a Rocket Launcher works fine, but lets be creative here. If you're still having issues with Reapers even with a magnum (S&W M29 recommended), a Grenade Launcher with Explosive Rounds will make short work of those little white weakspots.

Comfort over Power
Just because the Handcannon is total badassness, doesn't mean it's the best gun for everyone. And with Professionals tight ammo drops, you'll want a nice capacity. So recommended weapons are the M92FS (HG), Vz. 61 (MG), S75 (R), M37 (SG) and the S&W M29 (M).

Equality
Here's a frustrating little nugget, one which took me some time to realise. Hand Guns and Machine Guns essentially do the same job! Magnum's a boss beater, Shotgun's crowd control, Rocket Launcher is "syrys bsnss" and the HG and MG? They both have high rates of fire, low fire power and high capacity. They're good for picking off individuals and setting up melee attacks. Take one of the other, but taking both is a waste of time.