TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Today, we had a sit down with Yoshiaki Hirabashi in a group presentation among various media outlets. In the this setting I was able to ask a question that I felt many fans of the franchise would want to know. What will happen the upgrade system from RE4 and RE5? Well, it was confirmed today that there will be no purchasing weapons before a level and that the upgrade system would also be getting a revamp.

"For the first time ever there will be no purchasing weapons before a level or from a merchant. As for weapons, you will find more weapons as you progress through the game. Most characters will use all of the same weapons" It was also announced that there will be skill points that you can find to use on your character to level them up. How in-depth it will be wasn't discussed but we can assume there will be a lot of new skills to learned for characters.

SOURCE:-

http://gamerfitnation.com/2012/06/resident-evil-6-will-not-feature-a-weapon-buying-system-confirms-yoshiaki-hirabyashi/

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Well..... they are going completely out of RE style. They just keep steering more and more off the path it seems.

A lot of people miss the merchant, and the option of having guns to buy just made it fun. Using the same gun over and over again is bound to get boring or just overall hate of that character if they have a weapon you despise using.

As for leveling up. wtf. is this an rpg now? What do you level up? Your 1 gun? Instead of leon stripping his clothes in the first ten minutes you have to buy them off? They are not superheros, they dont have powers.

The demos looked good from E3, and that showed a whole different carrying system. How many items you can hold or how it works i still don't know.

I'm still excited but.... this could be a train wreck. Of course every game has that potential, but so many resident evil fans are gonna cry again. Not gonna stop me from pre ordering it. 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TriniPlayer

I believe they stated that you would get new weapons throughout the game just like in RE2 for example,to me it makes it more interesting rather than buying your guns from a merchant which doesn't even exist within the storyline or a buying system like in RE5.

As for skill points I think you use it for upgrading such things as your weapons,increasing damage for melee attacks etc,I'm really looking forward how it would play out.Items on the other hand I'm not sure yet as to how much you can hold so I guess that one we'll have to see eventually.

Avatar image for Wolfman_chopper
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Wolfman_chopper
Member since 2008 • 19937 Posts
like trini said it sounds like the traditional weapon pickups from the older games
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cheynz

I hope it gives you a variety. 

I really wish they would bring the p.l.r. back to. that thing was just insane. Not the best weapon. But damn it made me feel cool. in my gangster clothes with my suit of armor 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TriniPlayer

I really wish they would bring the p.l.r. back to. that thing was just insane. Not the best weapon. But damn it made me feel cool. in my gangster clothes with my suit of armor

cheynz

Tell me about it even though I prefer the Chicago Typewriter,that gun was badass especially when Leon is wearing his Mafia clothes ...can't get no better than that.

What I noticed in one of the trailers Leon was holding two handguns while shooting at a zombie which was really badass,makes me wonder what other type of guns they have in stored for us.

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"]

TriniPlayer

Tell me about it even though I prefer the Chicago Typewriter,that gun was badass especially when Leon is wearing his Mafia clothes ...can't get no better than that.

What I noticed in one of the trailers Leon was holding two handguns while shooting at a zombie which was really badass,makes me wonder what other type of guns they have in stored for us.

Two handgunes? 

Then you have seen the chaos trailer.

Why dont you know that guy.....? But that was a cutscene. I dont think they will let you dual wield...... that would be pretty awesome though. But if you stick to RE style how would that work? 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

cheynz

Two handgunes?

Why dont you know that guy.....? But that was a cutscene. I dont think they will let you dual wield...... that would be pretty awesome though. But if you stick to RE style how would that work?

I think you can actually,this was the demo at e3

http://youtu.be/3Mob601tfUA

Skip to 2:41 and you'll see it yourself

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

TriniPlayer

Two handgunes?

Well it seems i have spoke to soon. But still, how would you with traditional.... as in re5 controls? Unless they completely redo the control scheme. Which they did from 4 to 5. Messed me all up going to 5.

Then when i went back to 4 it messed me up because i had played 5. I mean.... its refreshing. It can't get stale because it just doesn't stay long enough. 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TriniPlayer
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

cheynz

Two handgunes?

Well it seems i have spoke to soon. But still, how would you with traditional.... as in re5 controls? Unless they completely redo the control scheme. Which they did from 4 to 5. Messed me all up going to 5.

Then when i went back to 4 it messed me up because i had played 5. I mean.... its refreshing. It can't get stale because it just doesn't stay long enough.

Yea I think they would have to change the whole control scheme but just thinking of the fact that you can wield two handguns at the same time makes RE6 more badass than ever.For Jake's campaign in one of the demos I understand he can do hand in hand combat without the use of guns but does that apply for Leon/Chris also?

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

TriniPlayer

Two handgunes?

Yea I think they would have to change the whole control scheme but just thinking of the fact that you can wield two handguns at the same time makes RE6 more badass than ever.For Jake's campaign in one of the demos I understand he can do hand in hand combat without the use of guns but does that apply for Leon/Chris also?

Well from the demos i watched at E3 chris could counter by timing a button press right. Not hand to hand but it didnt require any bullets. Jake is weskers child so maybe he is the only one strong enough to beat zombies hand to hand?

Idk. Chris showed that boulder what for. I'm pretty sure a zombie would be easier than that, much easier 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TriniPlayer

The counter doesn't really count since you gotta wait for your enemy to attack you first before pulling it off.Jake just rushes in and starts taking them down without any weapons,I understand he's wesker's son but chris and leon are just as capable as taking down zombies in hand to hand combat as well.

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cheynz

The counter doesn't really count since you gotta wait for your enemy to attack you first before pulling it off.Jake just rushes in and starts taking them down without any weapons,I understand he's wesker's son but chris and leon are just as capable as taking down zombies in hand to hand combat as well.

TriniPlayer

well they still have to have the stagger option if anything.

I will never forget the first time i saw leons suplex. it was so beast 

namaewaguildo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 namaewaguildo
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

cheynz

hahah that was the best, i think the term "arrow in the knee" should be inspired from re 4

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

namaewaguildo

hahah that was the best, i think the term "arrow in the knee" should be inspired from re 4

I'm not even quite sure how i did it. It was only a two or three time thing when i kicked a door open in a zombies face.

Skyrim downgraded to an arrow. Leon sent bullets to the knee. Doesn't sound half as pathetic 

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts
I thought they ditched the stagger melee stuff. You can melee at any time now from what I understand. I hope I am wrong or that will be a huge disapointment for me.
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cheynz
I thought they ditched the stagger melee stuff. You can melee at any time now from what I understand. I hope I am wrong or that will be a huge disapointment for me.WeskerTeam
I think its both. The stagger would be like a counter thing, you know? Not the only time you can.
Wolverine87aX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Wolverine87aX
Member since 2011 • 5259 Posts
Whaaaat :( Well there goes my hope at the merchant returning. Hmm i wonder why they would do this! I guess RE wants to advance into Next gen and test some things out. I heard RE5 was different yet RE4 was supposed to be a great hit! :o I hope i can get used to this! :) at least there will not be a matter of how much will be able to be stored in the Atache Case
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cheynz

Whaaaat :( Well there goes my hope at the merchant returning. Hmm i wonder why they would do this! I guess RE wants to advance into Next gen and test some things out. I heard RE5 was different yet RE4 was supposed to be a great hit! :o I hope i can get used to this! :) at least there will not be a matter of how much will be able to be stored in the Atache CaseWolverine87aX
Well if it is as they say and you can't pick up weapons through a buying system then you won't have to worry because you will only have one gun. If they let you carry two or more, i'm sure they will still keep a limit on it.

If not to keep it a little bit survival but then if you carry to much you can lose track yourself. 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TriniPlayer

This is what I saw someone posted from the demo so far

>The inventory will be always on screen, right hand corner
>One button weapon switch out.
>Currently tablets replace herbs for health.
>Ammo counter is on there. (ofc)
> It's been said partners can still be healed by other partners which must mean tablets may or may not be the only health item in the game. I want this to be true, so they can have the F.aid back into play healing you both in the process.
>On close inspection of the HUD, it's seems pressing the right trigger will swap to your partner's HUD as you can see a faint trace of another one in the released screenshot...probably for short item management, to ask for guns, tabs, etc.
>Small blocks that make up your "stamina" gauge that will prolong to dwindle using too many melee attacks. Under the tablet bar.
>Possible Limited Inventory

Wolverine87aX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Wolverine87aX
Member since 2011 • 5259 Posts

This is what I saw someone posted from the demo so far

>The inventory will be always on screen, right hand corner
>One button weapon switch out.
>Currently tablets replace herbs for health.
>Ammo counter is on there. (ofc)
> It's been said partners can still be healed by other partners which must mean tablets may or may not be the only health item in the game. I want this to be true, so they can have the F.aid back into play healing you both in the process.
>On close inspection of the HUD, it's seems pressing the right trigger will swap to your partner's HUD as you can see a faint trace of another one in the released screenshot...probably for short item management, to ask for guns, tabs, etc.
>Small blocks that make up your "stamina" gauge that will prolong to dwindle using too many melee attacks. Under the tablet bar.
>Possible Limited Inventory

TriniPlayer
Yep i watcheed demos and saw allthat too!