TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

The IGN staff have put up a list of the worst games of 2012 so far. According to them, 2012 might be "the worst year in the history of games".

One of the game's that's made the list is Slant Six Games' Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, which recieved a score of 4.0 ("bad") out of 10 from IGN. And IGN wasn't the only ones that gave the game a bad score! Many major game sites, such as GameSpot, Eurogamer and Kotaku, did the same, stating the following: "under-designed and under-produced nightmare...that delivers the bare minimum in every category." One even said "should never have had the Resident Evil name attached to it."

But despite the negative reviews, RE ORC has done quite well and has sold over 2 millions copies worldwide. Capcom considers it "a big success".

IGN's review here

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221156p1.html

cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 cheynz
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts
Capcom is a multi billion dollar industry, they dont care. Unfortunately they are just big business who wouldn't be bothered by millions of dollars, then theres me. Who if i put $200 into a product and only got $100 back, **** are gonna die
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TriniPlayer
True but it wouldn't kill them to actually take time developing the game more rather than releasing it full of bugs and glitches.This game seem to have all of potential but capcom messed up badly,I guess if it doesn't have to do with the main series they're not going to invest alot into it
Avatar image for Wolfman_chopper
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Wolfman_chopper
Member since 2008 • 19937 Posts
I totally disagree it's not even close to being as bad as they say.
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cheynz
I totally disagree it's not even close to being as bad as they say.Wolfman_chopper
Seeing as how you are the only one to play it, yours is the opinion that can actually be backed up XD but sadly all the naysayers keep people like us from picking it up.
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wolfman_chopper
Im not saying the game is perfect because its not because it has it's issues but certainly not worst game of the year
WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts
It is certainly the worst game I have played this year so far.
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheynz

Well it seems different people have different opinions.

Most people hated the new jill, i loved her being blonde. Just different tastes 

Wolverine87aX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Wolverine87aX
Member since 2011 • 5259 Posts

cheynz
Ijust dont like the fact new characters were placed in otherwise its decent :P certainally isnt the worst game ever!
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"]

Wolverine87aX

Ijust dont like the fact new characters were placed in otherwise its decent :P certainally isnt the worst game ever!

Well it wasn't just new characters, everything was different.

There were roles, different weapons, different story, different gameplay and new things added in. It was wayyyy different. Some people just dont like change 

Wolverine87aX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolverine87aX
[QUOTE="Wolverine87aX"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

cheynz

There were roles, different weapons, different story, different gameplay and new things added in. It was wayyyy different. Some people just dont like change 

I kinda like to stick with the same elements in my opinion *this is an off topic Example* Its got a spoiler but doesnt give anything away towards the whole series at all!! in young justice season 2 they changed the cast and go 5 years ahead Its things like that its cool but why do that? Just like RE : ORC New everything :P
cheynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheynz
[QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="Wolverine87aX"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

Wolverine87aX

I kinda like to stick with the same elements in my opinion *this is an off topic Example* Its got a spoiler but doesnt give anything away towards the whole series at all!! in young justice season 2 they changed the cast and go 5 years ahead Its things like that its cool but why do that? Just like RE : ORC New everything :P

Except ORC goes back in time and creates a time paradox in the series XD
Wolverine87aX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wolverine87aX
[QUOTE="Wolverine87aX"][QUOTE="cheynz"][QUOTE="Wolverine87aX"][QUOTE="cheynz"]

cheynz

Except ORC goes back in time and creates a time paradox in the series XD

:lol::lol: now thats just funny
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TriniPlayer
Well I never played the game so my opinion isn't worth squat lol,I'm interested to hear what chopper impressions of the game is since he said it wasn't that bad.
WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

The ending is a joke. Also one of features I was excited about was when your character turns into a zombie and be able to attack your team.

One time when I was playing online we started a level and everyone was afk and wouldn't respond. So I get an evil idea in my head to go foward and intenionally get infected. So I do that and become a zombie to find out I lose all control. My zombie just stands there since my team was still at the entrance. So I wait around and my team finally starts playing. They find me and destroy my zombie with relative ease. Then to my amazement, after I had been killed, one of my team revives me and I'm up and playing again... What the heck is the point of turning into a zombie. It is completely tedious.

Long story short I beat the game and returned it asap. I tried the multiple and I couldn't get into it. 

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TriniPlayer

The ending is a joke. Also one of features I was excited about was when your character turns into a zombie and be able to attack your team.

One time when I was playing online we started a level and everyone was afk and wouldn't respond. So I get an evil idea in my head to go foward and intenionally get infected. So I do that and become a zombie to find out I lose all control. My zombie just stands there since my team was still at the entrance. So I wait around and my team finally starts playing. They find me and destroy my zombie with relative ease. Then to my amazement, after I had been killed, one of my team revives me and I'm up and playing again... What the heck is the point of turning into a zombie. It is completely tedious.

Long story short I beat the game and returned it asap. I tried the multiple and I couldn't get into it.

WeskerTeam

that's funny,I don't own ORC but I thought it was really neat that you could have turn into a zombie but when I saw you could be revived I was like wtf? I just thought it was stupid.I guess with the title being Resident Evil no wonder it sold that much but idk,the majority I came across said it was terrible

Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wolfman_chopper
As a resident evil game it fails pretty hard but take that away and imo its a pretty decent third person shooter. And i totally agree the being able to be revived after becoming infected is stupid
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TriniPlayer

As a resident evil game it fails pretty hard but take that away and imo its a pretty decent third person shooter. And i totally agree the being able to be revived after becoming infected is stupidWolfman_chopper

Good point,I guess if it wasn't an RE title to begin with people would have said otherwise