What Are You Playing v5: The Revival Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Might as well, the old thread was ancient.

What are you all playing?

Here's my current now playing:

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)

Pokemon Black 2 (NDS) 

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Not quite as good as U2 or U3, but it's great fun.

Tales of Graces f - About 15ish hours in now; it's fun but I think I'm going to have a break from it as I'm not in the mood.

Chaz, fancy some DOA5 fights at some point? ^^ 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
Luigi's Mansion 2. Really enjoying it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Not quite as good as U2 or U3, but it's great fun.

Tales of Graces f - About 15ish hours in now; it's fun but I think I'm going to have a break from it as I'm not in the mood.

Chaz, fancy some DOA5 fights at some point? ^^ 

DarthJohnova

Sure, but I don't think my game connects online for some reason. I tried to fight online with Slashkice multiple times over the last few weeks, and it just won't connect.

Maybe we can have better luck :P 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts
Last thing I played was Bioshock Infinite and finished it the day of release lol. Couldn't put it down. And I haven't played anything else since, it's just that good that it makes everything else look lame in comparison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Last thing I played was Bioshock Infinite and finished it the day of release lol. Couldn't put it down. And I haven't played anything else since, it's just that good that it makes everything else look lame in comparisonseanmcloughlin
I need to get it, but first I need to get done with Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, and get Luigi's Mansion as well.

Bioshock will probably be a summer game for me.

What did you think of the ending, btw? Without spoilers. 

Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Brown9
Member since 2012 • 949 Posts
Tactics Ogre LUCT
Chapter 4, the namesake chapter. My party is pretty much plowing through the competition but I feel they need to get even stronger before I proceed with the story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Last thing I played was Bioshock Infinite and finished it the day of release lol. Couldn't put it down. And I haven't played anything else since, it's just that good that it makes everything else look lame in comparisoncharizard1605

I need to get it, but first I need to get done with Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, and get Luigi's Mansion as well.

Bioshock will probably be a summer game for me.

What did you think of the ending, btw? Without spoilers. 

The ending was awesome, it leads to a tonne of discussion and it's a very well written ending too. Especially when you replay the game and see things you didn't the first time. One of the better endings in games 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

As a successor to Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite is incredibly disappointing. It makes every mistake that 2 made, plus more. On it's own, it's admittedly great, I couldn't stop playing. 

And either I'm prescent, or that final twist was glaringly obvious.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1

As a successor to Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite is incredibly disappointing. It makes every mistake that 2 made, plus more. On it's own, it's admittedly great, I couldn't stop playing. 

meetroid8

Some parts of it were obvious especially given the mechanics in the game, but some parts of it are not apparent until you replay the game.

What mistakes do you think it made? Spoiler tag if you have to 

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Fallout: New Vegas. Honestly there's just too much to do in it that it becomes completely repetitive, will probably just finish the main story and move on.
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 M13L13S
Member since 2010 • 3819 Posts

Gears of War Judgment-Pretty far into it I'd say. I like how you switch characters and the character's identities feel solid. Declassified missions with the exception of the time limits are fun. Hoping to finish it up pretty soon.

Bioshock 2- Started it a while back but hadn't played in a long time so I restarted. I like the combat better than the first one.

FFIV- Going to fight Rubicante

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days- Only need to do a little bit more to beat it but just haven't gotten around to it.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Been playing Bioshock Infinite which I wrap up yesterday (the night before I played for almost six hours:P). One of my favorite games, improving greatly over Bioshock 1 in some places like the gameplay which is a blast now. Story got crazy and interesting (and also reminded me of another series I love) and Columbia was so beautiful especially the scale of things.

Now that I finish with it, I put it aside for now and focus back on the new update that came out recently for Guild Wars 2 and also start Slender. 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

seanmcloughlin

Some parts of it were obvious especially given the mechanics in the game, but some parts of it are not apparent until you replay the game.

What mistakes do you think it made? Spoiler tag if you have to 

Mistakes is the wrong word. I wanted to play Bioshock, and I got an entirely different game. I wanted to slowly explore a new world full of secrets, aqcuiring new powers, abilities, and weapons at my own pace, becoming intimately familiar with the new environment, its lore, and its residents as I progressed.

I got a fantastic, but heavily structured action game in which I was tugged along at the game's leisure and a mucky but admittedly compelling time traveling plot. 

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Jew Loli

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Judgment, Infinite and Apollo Justice.

Anyone wants to co-op some Judgment let me know. 

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

I was a bit skeptical of Portal 2's co-op when it was announced way back, thinking it was just Portal with two extra portals. It's more than that though, it's Portal with a friend (and Portal without those crappy levels where you spend 10 minutes just looking for portal surfaces). Not a second gun unlike most co-op games period. A friend. Someone to share in your misery as the two of you spend hours talking to each other and trying to solve devilishly clever puzzles instead of merely focusing on not f***ing up and avoiding being a burden on your partner.

Side note: If my k/d ratio were tracked, I'd be in the top 1000 easily. ^-^

Gears of War: Judgement's campaign could use some more variety. Doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of a zone scheduled for a Hammering, if I have to defend an object, or if I'm fighting in a room dustier than the entirety of Uncharted 3, I'm always fighting a large number of enemies in a small environment and that just gets tiring after a while.

And, as you might expect of me, still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've still got plenty to do post-game, namely collect support conversations, but I'm overpowered on Hard Classic so there's no challenge at all for me, barring the later DLC and bonus paralogues, of which two haven't been released yet. Because I don't wanna start Lunatic until I'm 100% done my Hard Classic playthrough though, I'm getting, dare I say it, bored of the game. >.>

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
Luigi mansion dark moon.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Bioshock still.
Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brown9

And, as you might expect of me, still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've still got plenty to do post-game, namely collect support conversations, but I'm overpowered on Hard Classic so there's no challenge at all for me, barring the later DLC and bonus paralogues, of which two haven't been released yet. Because I don't wanna start Lunatic until I'm 100% done my Hard Classic playthrough though, I'm getting, dare I say it, bored of the game. >.>

Technoweirdo

It was bound to happen. It always happens. 

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Finishing off SM 3D Land (world 7) and getting Luigi's Mansion 2, Etrian Odyssey 4 (how is this btw?) & Fire Emblem soonish.

Done with Halo 4 Legendary. Picking up Bioshock Infinite when I can be bothered.

I got to the giant snake (?) on God of War Ascension, I don't think I'm far into the game. I also need to summon the testicular fortitude to finish Dark Souls: AotA DLC. Okami HD is on PS+ this week.

Vita...finished Uncharted again. 8-9 unfinished games to choose from.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Guild Wars 2, though i haven't done anything since the last time i updated my status on it. in few words: the new story missions are fun, i'm enjoying my new alt.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: fun fun fun fun fun fun. i'm getting pretty good with the bow. switch axe still feels like easy mode, but it's so gratifying.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

Brown9

It was bound to happen. It always happens. 

But it's (my) GOTY 2013! It can't! It just can't even after 200 hours! :cry: Maybe I'll start that Lunatic run after all. Or a Hard Classic no-grind run.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#25 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

Just finished Dragon Age II.

And other than that, been playing GTA IV and The 3rd Birthday.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Hitman HD Trilogy, i forgot how difficult earlier games can be even to these days.

Ofc i'm a newcomer to the serie so...

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Tomb Raider [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 M13L13S
I'm close to finishing Jugdment's campaign but I'm temporarily stuck. I'm at the point where [spoiler] you've just dropped the Lightmass missle on Karn and have to fight off his minions attacking you. I fought off the first wave but the second wave with the Ragers and Bloodmounts keeps killing me. [/spoiler]
Darnasian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darnasian
Member since 2009 • 1697 Posts
Playing Darksiders 2 and Assassin's Creed Brohood MP. Trying to get the last MP trophy for the game. Freaking hard. Anyone who wants to help me with it? :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

playing lots and lots of super adventure box.

so much for being able to study for the tests >.>

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#31 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Now playing Tales of the Abyss 3DS; I never got to play the PS2 version.
Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brown9

But it's (my) GOTY 2013! It can't! It just can't even after 200 hours! :cry: Maybe I'll start that Lunatic run after all. Or a Hard Classic no-grind run.

Technoweirdo

You will grow bored faster forcing yourself in that manner.

I'm calling it now. 

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

League of Legends with some UMVC3 here and there.

Getting into some silly theorycrafting and whatnot, trying to climb the ranked ladders. Made it through the first 5 divisions of Bronze and I'm working my way through Silver now. 

Darnasian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darnasian

Getting into some silly theorycrafting and whatnot, trying to climb the ranked ladders. Made it through the first 5 divisions of Bronze and I'm working my way through Silver now. 

whiskeystrike

You started in Bronze 5? Damn dude , I started in Bronze 1 and I was 3 times close to Silver , but trolls always hinder my progress.

Though I may be low now , I was 1 or 2 victories away from Gold once. I'll get there eventually. 

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whiskeystrike
[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Darnasian

You started in Bronze 5? Damn dude , I started in Bronze 1 and I was 3 times close to Silver , but trolls always hinder my progress.

Though I may be low now , I was 1 or 2 victories away from Gold once. I'll get there eventually. 

Well I didn't really start in Bronze 5 but I got knocked down from Silver promotion so many times I might as well have been. Back a year and some time ago when I was unemployed I played extensively and quite seriously and I managed to get one of my accounts up to about a 1600 elo. Life got busy and I stopped paying attention to the meta and of course my mechanics fell off. I recently got back into the game and was appalled at how left behind I felt but I started to pay more attention to the patches and the subreddit (on Reddit of course)while watching some really great videos from a user called Gbay99. Really picked my game back up. My mechanics are more or less back up to speed but staying aware, positioning, etc is still a learning process. 

Gbay99 uses a mixture of Sun Tzu, philosophy, science and of course common sense to put together some great videos, like this http://youtu.be/GhVHYNMr7cM2

Darnasian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darnasian
[QUOTE="Darnasian"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

Well I didn't really start in Bronze 5 but I got knocked down from Silver promotion so many times I might as well have been. Back a year and some time ago when I was unemployed I played extensively and quite seriously and I managed to get one of my accounts up to about a 1600 elo. Life got busy and I stopped paying attention to the meta and of course my mechanics fell off. I recently got back into the game and was appalled at how left behind I felt but I started to pay more attention to the patches and the subreddit (on Reddit of course)while watching some really great videos from a user called Gbay99. Really picked my game back up. My mechanics are more or less back up to speed but staying aware, positioning, etc is still a learning process. 

Gbay99 uses a mixture of Sun Tzu, philosophy, science and of course common sense to put together some great videos, like this http://youtu.be/GhVHYNMr7cM2

Very interesting. Pretty basic principles , but even though they are basic , people don't know or don't want to apply them because they are stupid and like to charge head on. Even though the game is about skill , cs , counter , skill alone can get you out of messy situations. I gotta admit. I was ganked many times and got Double or Triple Kill , but that's because I played smart and didn't charge in 2 opponents.

In the free time that I have (free time for me means outside of gaming) , I like to study history and Machiavelli and Sun Tzu are 2 of the most interesting personalities I like to study.

As a note: Machiavelli is my role model/hero/whatever. I like reading his books. Very psychological. I want to be as persuasive as him :o O.o

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#37 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I was a bit skeptical of Portal 2's co-op when it was announced way back, thinking it was just Portal with two extra portals. It's more than that though, it's Portal with a friend (and Portal without those crappy levels where you spend 10 minutes just looking for portal surfaces). Not a second gun unlike most co-op games period. A friend. Someone to share in your misery as the two of you spend hours talking to each other and trying to solve devilishly clever puzzles instead of merely focusing on not f***ing up and avoiding being a burden on your partner.

Side note: If my k/d ratio were tracked, I'd be in the top 1000 easily. ^-

Technoweirdo

Portal 2 Co-Op is probably the best thing ever made this decade, rivalling that of the wheel!

AND YOU MUST CONTINUE PLAYING FIRE EMBLEM. BCOZ THE PAL MASTER RACE IS GETTING IT THIS MONTH.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts
Someone should play against bots with me in LoL (if it has that) so I can start getting into the game.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whiskeystrike

Someone should play against bots with me in LoL (if it has that) so I can start getting into the game.ChubbyGuy40

You can add me at whiskeystrike. 

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Got some urge and started a playthrough on Hard in the original Bioshock. It's been a couple of years so took me some practice to get better. Start photographing enemies for data and tonic.

Still a great game.

KenshinGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KenshinGirl
Member since 2004 • 9454 Posts
Recently beat GTA IV and Dragon's Dogma, but am still working on completing them. Also near the end of Fire Emblem: Awakening on lunatic/classic, on the last area of Etrian Odyssey IV, and just started up Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory earlier.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
I'm close to finishing Jugdment's campaign but I'm temporarily stuck. I'm at the point where [spoiler] you've just dropped the Lightmass missle on Karn and have to fight off his minions attacking you. I fought off the first wave but the second wave with the Ragers and Bloodmounts keeps killing me. [/spoiler] M13L13S
Stay inside and use the gnasher shotgun. Make sure you reload perfectly. You need the damage boost against bloodmounts. Also, Retro Lancer.
Darnasian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darnasian

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]Someone should play against bots with me in LoL (if it has that) so I can start getting into the game.whiskeystrike

Whiskey , on what server are you playing? 

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 whiskeystrike
[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]Someone should play against bots with me in LoL (if it has that) so I can start getting into the game.Darnasian

Whiskey , on what server are you playing? 

NA 

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]I'm close to finishing Jugdment's campaign but I'm temporarily stuck. I'm at the point where [spoiler] you've just dropped the Lightmass missle on Karn and have to fight off his minions attacking you. I fought off the first wave but the second wave with the Ragers and Bloodmounts keeps killing me. [/spoiler] freedomfreak
Stay inside and use the gnasher shotgun. Make sure you reload perfectly. You need the damage boost against bloodmounts. Also, Retro Lancer.

I tried that the first four times. Eventually I went outside to the left where the big pipe kept the Reavers from taking me out and my turrets kept the Bloodmounts off me. I just beat the whole game a few minutes ago. 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freedomfreak
I tried that the first four times. Eventually I went outside to the left where the big pipe kept the Reavers from taking me out and my turrets kept the Bloodmounts off me. I just beat the whole game a few minutes ago.  M13L13S
What difficulty did you play on?
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]I tried that the first four times. Eventually I went outside to the left where the big pipe kept the Reavers from taking me out and my turrets kept the Bloodmounts off me. I just beat the whole game a few minutes ago.  freedomfreak
What difficulty did you play on?

Hardcore because Insane was locked. If it's an FPS or Gears game, I almost always play on the hardest available difficulty. There are a few exceptions though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Hardcore because Insane was locked. If it's an FPS or Gears game, I almost always play on the hardest available difficulty. There are a few exceptions though. M13L13S
Oh, I played on normal :P
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]Hardcore because Insane was locked. If it's an FPS or Gears game, I almost always play on the hardest available difficulty. There are a few exceptions though. freedomfreak
Oh, I played on normal :P

I feel weird if I'm not playing on the hardest. It's like I'm not getting the most out of the game. I didn't do that in Bioshock I don't believe and I'm not doing it in Bioshock 2, though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak
I feel weird if I'm not playing on the hardest. It's like I'm not getting the most out of the game. I didn't do that in Bioshock I don't believe and I'm not doing it in Bioshock 2, though. M13L13S
You still need to play Bio2?