Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gobrutus
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
Friday, Jan 5

Ok everyone, the time is coming. I fly out from Columbus tomorrow at 7AM. I'm headed into Vegas, and making the trip from Vegas to Phoenix. I'll be bringing my laptop along as a mapping resource, so I figured I would make a blog keeping all my gamespot friends up to date on what its like to go to the National Championship game. I'm not sure how few and far between I will be able to use the internet, not sure if they have it at my hotel or not quite yet. At any rate, when I get a chance to post, I'll update everyone on whats going on with me and the Buckeyes. I'm going to have a car to myself out there, so I really hope to get a feel for the fans and can do some sight seeing. Hopefully many pictures to document the trip will come, but instead of putting them all on here, I might make a webshots or something to save your load times. Also, I'm going to leave this thread open. My actual blog will stay in this single post which I will just edit and add on to the end. If you ask any questions or anything, I'll reply below. Hopefully this will all make sense as this shakes down. For now I'm at work till 8:30 tonite, hopefully I can throw something here before I leave as I'm waiting for my flight tomorrow morning.

Here is the album link, obviously no photos in yet.

Sat. Jan 6

The trek begins, I'm just doing my final packing and my sister should be here to pick me up and take me to the airport in about 15 minutes.

Didn't think I'd have an update this early, but I have some time, and already took some pictures. Luckily CMH has free wi-fi access in the terminal. The school's faculty/staff/student trip is here at the same time, so it's pretty crazy here, also, I believe the band is leaving around this same time too, but I didn't ask my roommate. Anyway, heres for your enjoyment, Sorry the one is blurry.

Tailgating in the airport

Yours truly, The Gator Hunter

Welp, I finally made it. I have decided I dont like Minneapolis-St. Paul airport for many reasons. First they tried to charge me for wireless, which is why I didn't post from there. Second, they boarded the ENTIRE PLANE at one time, third, something was wrong with our plane and it took them over an hour to fix it, while we all sat waiting. Not fun. Anyway, I got my car with no problems, had some trouble getting out of Las Vegas cuz they do highway exchanges a little bit different, but some Jack n the Box and a few hours later, I've successfully made it to my hotel in Glendale. I encourage the drive, It really makes me think of that movie Cars. At least, I encourage the drive from Vegas over the Hoover Dam and about an hour into Arizona, after that its all pretty dead and redundant. I'm about 3 miles east of the stadium now, and the National Championship party is going on as I type this directly across the street, so pretty much as soon as I get done here i'm gonna throw on my jersey and head to the beer gardens! Hopefully more pics will follow either tonite or in the AM

Sunday,

Last night was ok, I walked around, met some Buckeyes, OSU seems to be dominating the fan base as usual. They had a psuedo battle of the bands thing at the Block Party. That was really cool, but again, the Buckeyes dominated through sheer number of fans. There were some really annoying drunk girls right behind me singing everything off key and LOUD, so annoying. Anyway, I found some beet, and found some friends, they invited me over but I didn't feel like driving all the way to Tempe after driving from Vegas.

Spent all morning driving around Phoenix. Got my parking pass, but I had to drive over to Scottsdale to get it instead of to the stadium. Wierd, i know. Anyway, I'm going to go get lunch, then I'm going to the Pep Rally. I'll remember my camera this time as I didn't have it last night. Hopefully Archue will be there again like he was last year so I can get another pic with him.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Your lucky, have fun. Good idea btw.
xerodaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 xerodaze
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts
Bring us back a win dude!

Go Buckeyes!
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#4 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Bring us back a win dude!

Go Buckeyes!
xerodaze
I second that, bring one home for the Big Ten!
Fadedinline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fadedinline
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
I came back from home (around 18000 miles away) early to watch last years Rose Bowl, hope the buckeyes win it, and by a lot. Goo Luck and have fun.
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts

Have fun without me...:(

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
Very cool idea! I'm not taking a computer with me but I will be sure to provide ample pictures of the Gators victory when I get back!
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts
Very cool idea! I'm not taking a computer with me but I will be sure to provide ample pictures of the Gators victory when I get back!Steelers_86
You sound confident. Maybe too confident.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

[QUOTE="Steelers_86"]Very cool idea! I'm not taking a computer with me but I will be sure to provide ample pictures of the Gators victory when I get back!dallas_cowboys3
You sound confident. Maybe too confident.

I think it is time to do the Curb Stomp or the Chainsaw Kill from Gears of War on the Gator Fans, who are running their mouth about something that will not happen. :P

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
lol Gator Hunter.
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts