Play any of Mario's educational titles when you were younger?

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts
Super Mario appeared in many genres over the years, including educational. I personally didn't play any of the titles, since I grew up with a Nintendo 64 system, rather than a Nintendo Entertainment System or a Super Nintendo. I heard all but terrible things about Mario Is Missing!, as well as Mario's Time Machine. Have you played any of these educational games as a youngster?
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts
No, and I have no desire to ever play them. :P
JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
I played Mario is Missing! a few times. It was pretty bad, but it was Mario, so I wanted to play it. :P
dorthie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 dorthie2
Member since 2009 • 13597 Posts

None I don't like any Mario's educational titles :P

Javinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Javinho
Member since 2008 • 20472 Posts

Oh God. We all know educational games are the worst, and I'm so glad that I never even touched one.

So no. 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#6 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I made the ill fated mistake of playing Mario is Missing on my SNES. The box and title are very decieving. The box shows Mario being drug off by Bowser with Luigi looking frantically and the back of the box tells you Bowser has stolen artifacts from our world and locked Mario in his castle in Antartica and it's up to Luigi and Yoshi to save Mario and the world. You think "that sounds cool. I'm in" And then you release Mario tricked you into a geography lesson. The bad guys don't hurt you. Luigi goes through a door, talks to a few people to figure out what city he's in. Calls Yoshi to help him move faster and move Pokey from the pipe. Then you run around collecting stolen artifacts from Koopas to return them to the info booths where Peach is working (or at least her sprite) then she quizes you on the location. If you answer questions right you get a sovenier photo. Answer wrong and she yells at you.

When you finish a room, a koopa kid comes out (only Roy, Lemmy and Ludwig) but just runs around the room and you bop him on the head a few times and like the koopas, they don't hurt you. You don't even fight Bowser, just watch a cutscene where Mario and Luigi fire him out of a cannon.

The NES version is even lamer.