GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts

Last week at E3, Nintendo announced the latest game in the Donkey Kong Country series, DKC: Tropical Freeze. This game is coming out for the Wii U in November, and is being developed by Retro Studios. David Wise will compose the soundtrack. Dixie Kong will return for this game, along with another character. To find out more, click here.

640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn04_E3.png

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

This was one of my favorite games at E3 (I was there). I'm a huge DKC fan, and while I love Donkey Kong Country Returns, it could feel a bit too much like it was paying tribute to the original game, as opposed to defining itself as the next chapter in the series. But that doesn't look to be a problem here. Tropical Freeze looks like Retro is making the series their own, and the rotating camera could be a bit of a subtle revolution for platformers. The shifting perspective could greatly impact the game.

And, of course, the return of David Wise skyrockets this game up my "must play" list. This is a game I simply can't wait to listen to. 

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts
Glad to see Dixe Kong making a return in the series.
Lost_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lost_M
Member since 2010 • 1280 Posts
As a big fan of the Donkey Kong Country series, I am glad to see a new game in the series. I really want to know who the fourth playable character is.
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SloganYams

As a big fan of the Donkey Kong Country series, I am glad to see a new game in the series. I really want to know who the fourth playable character is.Lost_M

Same here. I had a discussion with someone about who it could be. They suggested Funky Kong or Candy Kong (eewww), I suggest Cranky, Kiddy, or Lanky. But you know, I'm beginning to think maybe....just maybe......It's K. Rool!

Probably not though.

I'm just glad Dixie is back though, as now her chances of being in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS are even greater. Oh yeah, and David Wise! 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerofMario1
I could see Funky Kong being playable, but I would think it would be another female character. So probably Kandy Kong.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#7 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Here's something to have a good laugh at. When MS bought Rare they thought they had the rights to Donkey Kong.

http://gengame.net/2013/06/microsoft-executives-thought-they-owned-donkey-kong-when-they-bought-rare/

So that means if MS had the rights to DK, they would've copy/pasted him into a game that had nothing to do with DKC, then locked him in their basement with Banjo and Conker and the Jet Force Gemini team never to be seen again.

Lost_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lost_M
Member since 2010 • 1280 Posts

Here's something to have a good laugh at. When MS bought Rare they thought they had the rights to Donkey Kong.

http://gengame.net/2013/06/microsoft-executives-thought-they-owned-donkey-kong-when-they-bought-rare/

So that means if MS had the rights to DK, they would've copy/pasted him into a game that had nothing to do with DKC, then locked him in their basement with Banjo and Conker and the Jet Force Gemini team never to be seen again.

kbaily

That is a good laugh. I bet they would have put him into a first person shooter: Call of Kong. :lol:

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

kbaily
Very funny.
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SloganYams
They would have made DK and Diddy have weird, blocky designs, they would be building vehicles that never seem to work, and would constantly rag on their beloved past while trying to force people to like the new concepts that it itself has no faith in. And then they'd disappear.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerofMario1

They would have made DK and Diddy have weird, blocky designs, they would be building vehicles that never seem to work, and would constantly rag on their beloved past while trying to force people to like the new concepts that it itself has no faith in. And then they'd disappear.SloganYams

Yeah, instead of Banjo-Kazooie. :P It would be horrible if they actually owned DK.

JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
This game looks to be pretty neat. If it is as good as Returns, I certainly will get it!
MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts
Very excited for this game!! :D
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerofMario1

Very excited for this game!! :DMayorJohnny

It looks pretty cool, right? 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#15 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I enjoyed DKC Returns, so I should be checking this out sometime, even though I plan to get the Wii U Mario games first. Interesting about the underwater levels returning too.
MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts

[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]Very excited for this game!! :DGamerofMario1

Yes!! I just love the Donkey Kong Country games!! :D

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerofMario1
[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]

[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]Very excited for this game!! :DMayorJohnny

Are you happy that the underwater levels are returning?

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SloganYams
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"][QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]

[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]Very excited for this game!! :DGamerofMario1

Are you happy that the underwater levels are returning?

Yeah-ya boiiiii! Enguarde the swordfish represent! Now we just need Squitter back yo! 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#19 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
I am happy that Dixie is back and while I can deal with no Kremlings (they were sort of Rare's creation after all and that may be why Retro opted not to use them) but some more animal buddies would be nice. Rambi's awesome and all but I want Squitter and Engaurde as well. If they are doing water levels, he BETTER be there otherwise the water levels are death traps.
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SloganYams

I am happy that Dixie is back and while I can deal with no Kremlings (they were sort of Rare's creation after all and that may be why Retro opted not to use them) but some more animal buddies would be nice. Rambi's awesome and all but I want Squitter and Engaurde as well. If they are doing water levels, he BETTER be there otherwise the water levels are death traps.kbaily

I think water levels returning all but confirm Enguarde's comeback. I definitely want to see Squitter retrun as well, though. He was always the coolest animal buddy. Maybe Retro can also make a new animal buddy of their own? 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerofMario1

[QUOTE="kbaily"]I am happy that Dixie is back and while I can deal with no Kremlings (they were sort of Rare's creation after all and that may be why Retro opted not to use them) but some more animal buddies would be nice. Rambi's awesome and all but I want Squitter and Engaurde as well. If they are doing water levels, he BETTER be there otherwise the water levels are death traps.SloganYams

I think water levels returning all but confirm Enguarde's comeback. I definitely want to see Squitter retrun as well, though. He was always the coolest animal buddy. Maybe Retro can also make a new animal buddy of their own? 

Same. It would be interesting to see if Retro makes their own animal buddy. Any ideas?

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SloganYams
[QUOTE="SloganYams"]

[QUOTE="kbaily"]I am happy that Dixie is back and while I can deal with no Kremlings (they were sort of Rare's creation after all and that may be why Retro opted not to use them) but some more animal buddies would be nice. Rambi's awesome and all but I want Squitter and Engaurde as well. If they are doing water levels, he BETTER be there otherwise the water levels are death traps.GamerofMario1

Same. It would be interesting to see if Retro makes their own animal buddy. Any ideas?

A giraffe is long overdue (and don't bring up that background giraffe from DKCR). Or maybe some kind of turtle. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#23 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
It looks good, i might get it when i get a Wii U
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerofMario1
[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"][QUOTE="SloganYams"]

[QUOTE="kbaily"]I am happy that Dixie is back and while I can deal with no Kremlings (they were sort of Rare's creation after all and that may be why Retro opted not to use them) but some more animal buddies would be nice. Rambi's awesome and all but I want Squitter and Engaurde as well. If they are doing water levels, he BETTER be there otherwise the water levels are death traps.SloganYams

A giraffe is long overdue (and don't bring up that background giraffe from DKCR). Or maybe some kind of turtle. 

Maybe even a crocodile, as a call-back to the Kremlins.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#25 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Or maybe even a bear?
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamerofMario1
This game is delayed until February 2014.
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SloganYams

This game is delayed until February 2014.GamerofMario1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faq7WC95HsA 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerofMario1

^ :P

Nintendo has been having a lot of trouble with HD. I wonder if this is Retro's problem, too.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SloganYams

^ :P

Nintendo has been having a lot of trouble with HD. I wonder if this is Retro's problem, too.

GamerofMario1

I don't think it's the HD. Nintendo has always been known for delaying games. On the bright side, Wii U looks to have good momentum for 2014. DKCTF, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Bayonetta, that X thing. Maybe Yarn Yoshi. And that's not including what could be announced in future Nintendo Directs (I'm hoping for a Wii U Mario RPG of some kind).Â