skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
i was thinkin.  they could probly make a zelda rpg.  i mean you got link with swords and zelda with magic.  and then also in your party you have a zora and a goron.  i thought that would be really cool.  post your thoughts
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I think it could work pretty well! (Let's just hope it's not another Zelda II :P)

Actually, an action RPG would work sweet as well .... wait ... It's already one sort of.... hmmmm
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

i was thinkin.  they could probly make a zelda rpg.  i mean you got link with swords and zelda with magic.  and then also in your party you have a zora and a goron.  i thought that would be really cool.  post your thoughts skatrbub54

Ever played Link's Adventure?

Anyways, the Zelda already has many rpgs elements but, party members is stretching it. Link should always face whatever he has to face alone. Its much more fun that way for the gamer, and really focuses on the adventure and danger.

metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

[QUOTE="skatrbub54"]i was thinkin.  they could probly make a zelda rpg.  i mean you got link with swords and zelda with magic.  and then also in your party you have a zora and a goron.  i thought that would be really cool.  post your thoughts Gary_Jinfield

Anyways, the Zelda already has many rpgs elements but, party members is stretching it. Link should always face whatever he has to face alone. Its much more fun that way for the gamer, and really focuses on the adventure and danger.

I don't know about that, Super Mario RPG, and the Paper Marios were generally well received, and they had partners. Before that it was usually Mario with Luigi and Yoshi. I would actually like to see party members in a Zelda RPG. A Goron, a Zora, a Hylian soldier and perhaps a Gerudo or Sheikah, or both. Maybe even a Deku.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="skatrbub54"]i was thinkin.  they could probly make a zelda rpg.  i mean you got link with swords and zelda with magic.  and then also in your party you have a zora and a goron.  i thought that would be really cool.  post your thoughts metalsamurai

I don't know about that, Super Mario RPG, and the Paper Marios were generally well received, and they had partners. Before that it was usually Mario with Luigi and Yoshi. I would actually like to see party members in a Zelda RPG. A Goron, a Zora, a Hylian soldier and perhaps a Gerudo or Sheikah, or both. Maybe even a Deku.

The Mario universe is very different though. The games tend to be humorous and don't take themselves seriously. Zelda on the other hand is or at least was quite a serious adventure that focuses on Link and his courage to face evil. It takes much greater courage to face events alone then to have others by your side.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

Well, The Legend of Zelda is a Fantasy Action Adventure Genre, so I'd say it would more likely be better as an Action RPG instead of a normal RPG.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
I think it could work pretty well! (Let's just hope it's not another Zelda II :P)

Actually, an action RPG would work sweet as well .... wait ... It's already one sort of.... hmmmm
nuck44
Ugh...Zelda II...if they made something that crappy again I'd be forced to do something....evil:twisted:...anyways...an action RPG could be good, but idk I get the feeling the game would feel really spin-offish and wouldn't be as good as we'd hope.
streetballa096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 streetballa096
Member since 2005 • 876 Posts
meh maybe
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
No. Just no.
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rhector
Member since 2004 • 553 Posts

About Zelda II, i've heard diferent opinion, some says is good some says is bad, anyway you have to play it to see if you like it or not.

And making a RPG from Zelda, maybe could work, but the games of Zelda alredy have certains aspects from a RPG game, like you have to talk with a bunch of people to solve puzzles and riddles. The only thing left is the battle system, and i think a Tales of Symphonia system could work, in that way the action of the battle won't be lost, the idea of having some friends with you is good, but they have to had a good background history, they can't be just some zora or goron who decide to join your quest, they have to be like warriors or mages or something like that, jeje i can't express my ideas very well,  :P

tubbs_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tubbs_master
Member since 2005 • 261 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rhector

that would be gay sozzztubbs_master

What would be gay??

IceArrow88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 IceArrow88
Member since 2005 • 1225 Posts
I'm always up for new ideas, and I think Zelda definitely has the potential to be a good RPG.  Like you've mentioned, it's already got a lot of the necessary elements. However, while it could make a good RPG in general, I have the feeling that the change in format just wouldn't feel Zelda-ish enough to satisfy me.
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rhector

About Zelda II, i've heard diferent opinion, some says is good some says is bad, anyway you have to play it to see if you like it or not.

And making a RPG from Zelda, maybe could work, but the games of Zelda alredy have certains aspects from a RPG game, like you have to talk with a bunch of people to solve puzzles and riddles. The only thing left is the battle system, and i think a Tales of Symphonia system could work, in that way the action of the battle won't be lost, the idea of having some friends with you is good, but they have to had a good background history, they can't be just some zora or goron who decide to join your quest, they have to be like warriors or mages or something like that, jeje i can't express my ideas very well,  :P

rhector

No me podia explicar bien. Mi punto es que si hacen un RPG de Zelda no puedes traer aun goron o a un Zorao a cualquier otro personaje como acompañate asi nada mas, pareceria mas bien como pokemon. (Link, con un goron, un zora y un deku????, suena horrible) Los personasjes que acopañen a link durante su aventura deben tener una hisotria de fondo, un destino mas alla de nada mas decidir ir a pelear. Seria mejor tener a Darunia, que es jefe de la tribu de los gorones, el Sage del templo del fuego y que lucha por salvar a su pueblo que a un simple goron que solo se unio a tu equipo. Los personsjes secundarios en un RPG son casi tan importantes como el personaje principal. Y eso no suena para nada gay, jaja, no se que te paso por la cabeza para decir eso, pero, sieee, esta bien. cada quien es libre de pensar como se le antoje. El Sistema de batalla de un RPG es bastante ABURRIDO, es de seleccionar un ataque, espere que te ataquen y tu vuelves a atacar, ese sistema de peleas no serviria en Zelda. el sistema que usas en Tales of Symphonia es excelente, pues te de la libertad de entrar a batalla y controlar al personaje, dentro de la batalla. eso seria GENIAL

metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metalsamurai
[QUOTE="rhector"]

rhector

No me podia explicar bien. Mi punto es que si hacen un RPG de Zelda no puedes traer aun goron o a un Zorao a cualquier otro personaje como acompañate asi nada mas, pareceria mas bien como pokemon. (Link, con un goron, un zora y un deku????, suena horrible) Los personasjes que acopañen a link durante su aventura deben tener una hisotria de fondo, un destino mas alla de nada mas decidir ir a pelear. Seria mejor tener a Darunia, que es jefe de la tribu de los gorones, el Sage del templo del fuego y que lucha por salvar a su pueblo que a un simple goron que solo se unio a tu equipo. Los personsjes secundarios en un RPG son casi tan importantes como el personaje principal. Y eso no suena para nada gay, jaja, no se que te paso por la cabeza para decir eso, pero, sieee, esta bien. cada quien es libre de pensar como se le antoje. El Sistema de batalla de un RPG es bastante ABURRIDO, es de seleccionar un ataque, espere que te ataquen y tu vuelves a atacar, ese sistema de peleas no serviria en Zelda. el sistema que usas en Tales of Symphonia es excelente, pues te de la libertad de entrar a batalla y controlar al personaje, dentro de la batalla. eso seria GENIAL

Wow. Unfortunately, I only understood some of that.

I don't think battle systems in RPGs are that boring. Especially in FFVII where you have to decide quickly before you get hit again.

rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rhector
[QUOTE="rhector"][QUOTE="rhector"]

metalsamurai

I don't think battle systems in RPGs are that boring. Especially in FFVII where you have to decide quickly before you get hit again.

Claro, no todos los sistemas RPG son malos, como dices en FFVII existen opciones que hacen las batallas mas dinamicas. Pero me refieron que el sistema comun de los RPG no serviria en un juego de Zelda, seria muy lento y le quitaria la dinamica al juego

seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
why are you typing in Spanish? At least do both Spanish and english. Since I only understood a teany bit (im only in Spanish I anyway) I'll post my view on a Zelda Rpg. I can see some type of customazation, such as leveling up and such. i might even be able to see some places where you join up with another character. But playing the whole game through with other characters?!?! I don't see it. And the only way a lvl up system would work is if it was still the same attack style (such as KH), instead of something from FF, where you select an attack.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metalsamurai
[QUOTE="metalsamurai"][QUOTE="rhector"][QUOTE="rhector"]

rhector

Claro, no todos los sistemas RPG son malos, como dices en FFVII existen opciones que hacen las batallas mas dinamicas. Pero me refieron que el sistema comun de los RPG no serviria en un juego de Zelda, seria muy lento y le quitaria la dinamica al juego

I'm going to guess that that basically means that you don't think that all of the RPG systems are bad, like FFVII, but you don't think that the common system would work in a Zelda game?
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rhector
[QUOTE="rhector"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"][QUOTE="rhector"][QUOTE="rhector"]

metalsamurai

I'm going to guess that that basically means that you don't think that all of the RPG systems are bad, like FFVII, but you don't think that the common system would work in a Zelda game?

Yes, that's right.

hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
I think it would be cool, something like Kingdom Hearts would be awesome.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

I think it would be cool, something like Kingdom Hearts would be awesome.hermanson

Kingdom Hearts is a great game and so are most RPG's but nothing compares to Zelda. I think it's sooo much better than an RPG ..