Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
so what will zelda ds be like?its been announced that there is one in the works.how will it take advantage of the two screens,will it be 2-d or 3-d?speculate here
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts
What!? It's been announced? When? Where? Can you get us a link, please?

If it is true, I would expect it to be a top-notch 2D game.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
It's gonna be more along the lines of the Four Sword games not that i'm complaining. I do hope we get an all new zelda game for the ds somewhere along the line.
chicken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 chicken89
Member since 2004 • 1776 Posts
It's gonna be more along the lines of the Four Sword games not that i'm complaining. I do hope we get an all new zelda game for the ds somewhere along the line.Link2025
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legend_O_Dragon

Mister_Slice
sry i cant find link i read it on ign tho if u wanna look also id want a 3-d loz on ds would be cool id show tru power of ds not these crappy games still using gba graphics
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts

Mister_Slice

I remember reading an article on it being announced or something along those lines on another website, so I`ll try to find the link for you. But I agree that it will probably end up being an awesome game for the DS, and will make good use of the whole "dual-screen" thing.
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AaronElWhite
[QUOTE="Link2025"]It's gonna be more along the lines of the Four Sword games not that i'm complaining. I do hope we get an all new zelda game for the ds somewhere along the line.chicken89

I'd appreciate it if all posts made at least added something to the discussion. Thanks.
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legend_O_Dragon
[QUOTE="chicken89"][QUOTE="Link2025"]It's gonna be more along the lines of the Four Sword games not that i'm complaining. I do hope we get an all new zelda game for the ds somewhere along the line.Mister_Slice

I'd appreciate it if all posts made at least added something to the discussion. Thanks.

harsh dont ya think he means itll probobly be four Sword like?
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
Ok, I found an article on IGN about it. It doesn't really say anything about it being announced in this one... but you can pretty much come to the conclusion that it definitely is being made since they are talking about it in the first place. I figured I would post that article here just in case anyone else would like to read it.

"In an interview conducted by Nintendo's official publication in Mexico, Club Nintendo, Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma commented further about the status of the Legend of Zelda series on the upcoming Nintendo DS system.

Aonuma hinted that the series will be among the multiplayer Four Swords series first established on the Game Boy Advance in 2002, followed by the GameCube Four Swords Adventure released just a few months ago.

According to Aonuma, translated from the Nintendo publication, "Four Swords will have connectivity as well as plenty of interaction between the DS system's two screens."

Aonuma first hinted at a Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo DS back at the system's debut at E3 2004 in May.
"

AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AaronElWhite
[QUOTE="Mister_Slice"][QUOTE="chicken89"][QUOTE="Link2025"]It's gonna be more along the lines of the Four Sword games not that i'm complaining. I do hope we get an all new zelda game for the ds somewhere along the line.Legend_O_Dragon

harsh dont ya think he means itll probobly be four Sword like?

No, not harsh. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is micro-manage. But that was about the six or seventh post of the day by the member that either was one word or no words at all. All I ask is that if you have nothing to add to the discussion further, at least type out "I agree with so and so because..." rather than just quote what you agree with and say nothing.
Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Barmy_Brat
Member since 2004 • 1350 Posts

After having played Super Mario 64 DS, I can easily see a 3D Zelda coming to the console. The touch screen could be used for control, and down the very bottom of the touchscreen you could put maybe 5 or 6 items that you want to be able to set to a button just by tapping on them.

Of course, the touch screen control would have to be refined. What they need is to have the centre position of the controller in the centre of the touch screen, not wherever you touch like in SM64DS. That way, if you put your finger at the top of the touch screen, even if you get hit the game recognizes you are still holding forward, rather than you having to reposition your finger.

slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts
i hope its a 3D game, with the same sort of style as OOT.
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
I'm hoping for a 3D title for the DS. As for making use of the two screens that may be a challenge. Zelda even with all the changes it has received over the years still has a very strict formula at its core. I can not think of anything Nintendo could do to make good use of the two screens as of yet, however we may be learning more information not only on Zelda 05 this E3 ;).
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
i hope its a 3D game, with the same sort of style as OOT.slapshakle
what if they redid Oot for the ds like they did with super mario 64. Then they could follow up with MM. Its all possible because the nintendo DS has the same graphics as the N64.
culturejammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 culturejammer
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
I hope to god that they don't put out OoT and MM on DS. I took the entire lifetime of the GBA before they put out an original Zelda title, and I don't want to wait that long while they re-release games that I already own. I think that a new four sword game would be great - especially once the DS goes online. The only problem I had with the 4S games is that it's a total drag trying to find three other people to link with; online play will make it always possible to find comrades. I also think that they could make much better use of the dual screens in a 4S game than they could in a 3-D OoT game. Nintendo has a lot of work to do with the touch joystick control before they put out another game like M64.
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legend_O_Dragon
[QUOTE="slapshakle"]i hope its a 3D game, with the same sort of style as OOT.Sizzletop
what if they redid Oot for the ds like they did with super mario 64. Then they could follow up with MM. Its all possible because the nintendo DS has the same graphics as the N64.

i hope they dont redo oot and mm i need a new zelda and until quality games are on the ds im not gettin one
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

I'm really not sure if they're going to make a 3D game. Usually the 3D ones are for the home consoles, and I'm not sure if Nintendo would put that much effort just into a portable game.

However, I remember hearing rumours a while back that possibly a cell-shaded Zelda was going to come to the DS. It would probably be able to handle it pretty well :D

AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AaronElWhite
I am all about the cell-shaded look.
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Legend_O_Dragon

I'm really not sure if they're going to make a 3D game. Usually the 3D ones are for the home consoles, and I'm not sure if Nintendo would put that much effort just into a portable game.

However, I remember hearing rumours a while back that possibly a cell-shaded Zelda was going to come to the DS. It would probably be able to handle it pretty well :D

nuck44
personnely i dont think the n64 could handle cel-shadin not even a supped up one can
Rcsaints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rcsaints
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts

I am all about the cell-shaded look.Mister_Slice

I like the cel-shading too, but I'd rather have more of a realistic look for the DS. I want Zelda DS to be a 3-D game like OoT but not a port like Super Mario 64 DS. I doubt that would happen soon(if at all) but we can dream can't we? :P

Any Zelda DS game would feed my hunger, even if it is like Four Swords ( maybe online gameplay? I doubt it may maybe :D)

AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AaronElWhite
Well, they've already released comments confirming that it will be along the lines of a sequel to The Four Swords story and gameplay. That tells me that they'll most likely make it Wi-Fi enabled, which will be cool, but I'd also like more of a solo adventure game as well.
CraftBrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 CraftBrood
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

I JUST HAD BAD DIAHRRHEA. IT SMELLED LIKE ZELDA.