matrixreaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 matrixreaction
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts

As most of us know, Ocarina of Time was given a perfect 10 out of 10 on GameSpot and was then given the title,"The Greatest Game ever". Now a new adult Link is coming to the Cube and the hype is through the roof. Nuck44 put it into perfect perception. My question: Will this next Zelda receive a perfect 10?

any predictions?

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
Unforutunately, I think not. After the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 fiasco (it also received a perfect 10), I don't think GameSpot will ever give another game a perfect 10. The standard of gaming have changed (they're a lot stricter) and I don't see it happening. Now, I still expect a 9.7 or higher but a 10 is highly unlikely.
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts
I highly doubt that GameSpot will give out another perfect 10 rating anytime soon. The game would have to literally maximize the Gamecube's potential to even come close because of the new consoles coming out here shortly. Now whether or not the members give the game a perfect 10 is another matter.
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
I highly doubt that GameSpot will give out another perfect 10 rating anytime soon. The game would have to literally maximize the Gamecube's potential to even come close because of the new consoles coming out here shortly. Now whether or not the members give the game a perfect 10 is another matter.Mister_Slice

Ha, I'd give the game a perfect 10 right now. :D
chicken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 chicken89
Member since 2004 • 1776 Posts
Unforutunately, I think not. After the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 fiasco (it also received a perfect 10), I don't think GameSpot will ever give another game a perfect 10. The standard of gaming have changed (they're a lot stricter) and I don't see it happening. Now, I still expect a 9.7 or higher but a 10 is highly unlikely. DaAznSaN
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

I think Zelda will probably the highest rated game of this genertation but I do not believe it is going to get a 10. It is going to get a 9.8 probably.

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
It all depends on if they really go all out. If they took a shortcut on any aspect of it it will only get 9.9 I do think, however, That Zelda '05 will get a ten on every gaming magizine that reviews it
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I doubt it will receive a perfect 10. It very well might from IGN and other places, but not GS. I think the hype itself also works against the game, since it sets the standards far above those for other games.
AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AJ_THE_GREAT
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts
OoT got a 10 because it was original, the idea was fresh and executed perfectly. This new game won't be nearly as fresh.
_Vortex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Vortex_
Member since 2004 • 641 Posts
i think this one will probably get a 9.6 since thats about as high as gamespot has been willing to go lately (san andreas and re4), they havent given higher since halo and metroid prime came out
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
I can see it getting a perfect 10 from me but not from GS. The game would have to be absolutely mind-blowing, add something to the action-adventure genre, and just be flat-out revolutionary.
originalrage42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 originalrage42
Member since 2003 • 284 Posts
I think 9.6 will be an accurate prediction, but i could definitely seeing it get a better score (or at least equal to) Halo and Metroid Prime. However, Gamespot will not give it a ten regardless of how good it is.
oddone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oddone12
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
Well this is assuming the game is actually ... good. I know from hanging out with the Doom community for years before Doom 3 was launched that expectations were high, and because of this many were left disappointed, like myself. It's best if you don't get so hyped up about something that you don't know that much about. Assuming that the game stays true to the series, and adds to it, I could see the game getting a 9.0+. But I mean.. who knows? Nintendo is really good at building high quality games, so if they have not changed their formula I don't see why this game would be any different.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
Nintendo almost always delivers, especially when it comes to their most beloved franchises. Zelda is one of the most loved series in history, so naturally it's getting the royal treatment. It's going to be a 9.5 at least, trust me. I might give it a 10, and I'm sure countless other magazines and sites will, but Gamespot won't because they are a little cautious to rate games above 9.7.
Avatar image for recipient_unown
recipient_unown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 recipient_unown
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
I'm hoping for a 10, but I will be satisfied with a rating of 9.7+ from Gamespot,.
AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AJ_THE_GREAT
I'm hoping for a 10, but I will be satisfied with a rating of 9.7+ from Gamespot,.recipient_unown

Wow, you're lenient today. jk
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts

From what i have seen in the trailers i must give this new zelda at least a 9.8 and that is just because we havent seen many things.

but when the game comes out, you are sure i will give it a 10.

BTW if GS puts a lower score than 9.6, lets all make reviews of the game and give it a perfect 10. :)

AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AJ_THE_GREAT

From what i have seen in the trailers i must give this new zelda at least a 9.8 and that is just because we havent seen many things.

but when the game comes out, you are sure i will give it a 10.

BTW if GS puts a lower score than 9.6, lets all make reviews of the game and give it a perfect 10. :)

BurningDragoon

For few exception, they generally give a game the score it deserve, so if Zelda doesn't get a 9.6<, it probably doesn't deserve it.
CraftBrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 CraftBrood
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

@matrixreaction said:

As most of us know, Ocarina of Time was given a perfect 10 out of 10 on GameSpot and was then given the title,"The Greatest Game ever". Now a new adult Link is coming to the Cube and the hype is through the roof. Nuck44 put it into perfect perception. My question: Will this next Zelda receive a perfect 10?

any predictions?

My prediction is Jeff Gerstmann will give it a score of 8.8, causing a riot among the childish Kidtendo fans, and they'll attack him with insults, because every new Zelda is always "best game ever", according to those tards.