talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
I loved it, it was allmost as good as OoT.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
Good storyline, great facial expressions, beautiful art.  I loved WW, but I loved all of the games in the series.  My favorite will always be OoT though. 

To be more indepth, Wind Waker had incredible landscape design.  The great sea was just beautiful, the dungeon design was well crafted.  And the little details about the islands give you a happy feeling. :D  Oh yes, I hate Tingle, but that's the only negative.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

To me, Wind Waker's strongest aspect was it's excellent story.

*SPOILERS*

Finding out that saving your sister is only about half the story was really cool. I was surprised that the same Ganon from OoT was back and that you would travel to the ancient Hyrule Castle to get the very same master sword from OoT. The graphical style nintendo chose for WW fits very well but I personally prefer the realistic look of OoT/MM/TP. OoT will still always be my favorite Zelda (hopefully TP will surpass it) because of how revolutionary it was. Minor things that bothered me in WW was the way they altered some of the weapons like the hookshot and how easy the game was. WW needed a higher difficulty and more dungeons but it is still one of the best games on the Gamecube.

Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
I think its a fricken awsome game. The graphics are awsome. The experience is awsome. It does have a couple problems like the sailing in the beginning but all you have to do is point your ship in the direction sit back and watch, checking up every so often. You could do somehting quick while you wait. Anyways back on topic. Despite being easy, I think the boss battles are awsome. I have no problem with the difficulty. Thats about it

Thats from a joural entry I made a couple days ago. It was titled my thoughts on WW
linksloverboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 linksloverboi
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
I honestly wasn't too keen on the animation when I first began playing it, it didn't have a TLOZ feel, but as the game progressed it began to grow on me. I most enjoyed the story and how the seas where the majority of the game takes place began to click with the kingdom submerged below.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
3rd best Zelda game behind OoT and ALttP
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
Wind Waker was an excellent game.  The cartoon graphics were different, but it was humorous.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nazguldragon15
*Slight spoilers - Highlight to read*

My favorite part of WW was the end. It had such a powerful ending, and the final battle made it so much better. The best moment was when Link parried Ganondorf, and stabbed him in the head. The whole story was very deep, and well written. I think the fact than Ganondorf returned from the Sacred Realm and destroyed Hyrule, then ends up being the main enemy, is awesome. The music for this game was well composed too. I personally loved the music for the final battle with Ganondorf, and the island music for Dragon Roost. As I already said in my other post, the artwork and landscape in this game is incredible (read other post to see why). My favorite Zelda game (as far as story) is OoT, but WW is in second. ALttP had a wonderful story (it's my second favorite Zelda) and comes in third as far as story goes (I can't decide really). Anyway, those are my thoughts on WW.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
WW was an excellent game, GREAT story, great cel-shading, great facial expressions (better than emoticons :P), the improvement on fighting was excellent also the bosses were great.

A part that improved this game greatly was Ganondorf's mind insigh, we actually got to know Ganondorf himself and not as a complete evil master mind.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dafuzzaymonkay
Member since 2005 • 5961 Posts
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really liked it alot. really everything i loved it. 
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
It was great and it was my favorite game for a time. I remember accidently deleting my file, I replayed it right around E3. It was too easy and I didnt have problems with the length or sailing.
LOZlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LOZlink
Member since 2005 • 9359 Posts
it is a great game loved teh facial expressions and loved the last battle with ganondorf but ate the puppets and i loved  the storyline amazing . third fav. zelda game behind oot and alttp
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

I just hate my friend Justin. He won't even give the game a chance because it has cel-shading and looks kiddy. :| 

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really liked it alot. really everything i loved it. dafuzzaymonkay
Such enthusiasm...
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dafuzzaymonkay

I just hate my friend Justin. He won't even give the game a chance because it has cel-shading and looks kiddy. :| 

IkeXC07

just slap his face until he plays it

dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dafuzzaymonkay

[QUOTE="dafuzzaymonkay"]I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really liked it alot. really everything i loved it. morbious17
Such enthusiasm...

well some people have a gift with words

Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
its my second fav zelda
Avatar image for markiemarkie231
markiemarkie231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 markiemarkie231
Member since 2004 • 14371 Posts
I just rented it a couple of weeks ago I didn't know if it was a purchase or not but I changed my mind real quick the art style in that game was friggen amazing it looked incredible that game was and still is alot of fun still working on the tri-force pieces though
SubVersion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SubVersion
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

If Wind Waker isn't in your 'Top 3 Zelda Games Ever' list, then you deserve to be shot.

Fact.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="markiemarkie231"]I just rented it a couple of weeks ago I didn't know if it was a purchase or not but I changed my mind real quick the art style in that game was friggen amazing it looked incredible that game was and still is alot of fun still working on the tri-force pieces though

dude u are rich :P u have all 3 and getting all the next-gen consoles too...
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

If Wind Waker isn't in your 'Top 3 Zelda Games Ever' list, then you deserve to be shot.

Fact.

SubVersion

*WALKS AWAY SLOWLY*

ok bout time the n**** said something!

..............................it was ok

good combat

puzzles

story

characters

but i like kingdom hearts and FF7 AND FF10        (i beat it to the core yesterday)

(btw i dont own any ps2 games i borrowed my friends ps2 and beat all his games in 1/8 of the time it took him!)

soul gamer!

sonicshadowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 sonicshadowman
Member since 2004 • 4584 Posts
I thought the graphics for wind waker sucked but besides that it rocked!
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nazguldragon15
I thought the graphics for wind waker sucked but besides that it rocked!sonicshadowman

One thing that really bugs me, is when people say the graphics for Wind Waker sucked.  The graphics for Wind Waker were incredible, they were awesome.  When people say that, they mean the art.  They don't like the cartoon theme of WW.  The graphics were good, the art was good, but maybe you didn't like the style with Zelda.
LanceK17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 LanceK17
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
The worst ZELDA game ever made. The ones on the NES are better. But don't get me wrong WW is pretty fun to play.
Avatar image for Flamephoenix992
Flamephoenix992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flamephoenix992
Member since 2005 • 1099 Posts
Good story but wasnt the best zelda
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
The worst ZELDA game ever made. The ones on the NES are better. But don't get me wrong WW is pretty fun to play.LanceK17

:|Wow...just wow...I dont know what else to say
W8I8Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#28 W8I8Z
Member since 2005 • 4200 Posts
Zelda WW is a great game and should be considered one of the best of all time.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dafuzzaymonkay
yes it should
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]
I thought the graphics for wind waker sucked but besides that it rocked!sonicshadowman

One thing that really bugs me, is when people say the graphics for Wind Waker sucked. The graphics for Wind Waker were incredible, they were awesome. When people say that, they mean the art. They don't like the cartoon theme of WW. The graphics were good, the art was good, but maybe you didn't like the style with Zelda.

dude u just tell them...look u are just an ignorant of videogames, that is called cel-shading and as WW was made, i can assure it is HARD. The graphics were awesome.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nazguldragon15
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"] [QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]

One thing that really bugs me, is when people say the graphics for Wind Waker sucked. The graphics for Wind Waker were incredible, they were awesome. When people say that, they mean the art. They don't like the cartoon theme of WW. The graphics were good, the art was good, but maybe you didn't like the style with Zelda.

dude u just tell them...look u are just an ignorant of videogames, that is called cel-shading and as WW was made, i can assure it is HARD. The graphics were awesome.

There's a way to put it (I didn't want to be too harsh)
JCMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JCMatrix
Member since 2003 • 2025 Posts
Good game but I cant seem to keep playing it because I find something else to play. Oot will never be beaten.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dafuzzaymonkay
sucks for you ill beat it eventually
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nazguldragon15
sucks for you ill beat it eventuallydafuzzaymonkay

I get the same feeling when I beat a really good game.  It's over?  I have so many questions, and don't want it to end.  I felt that way after beating FE: Path of Radiance today (there had better be a sequel!)
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]

I get the same feeling when I beat a really good game. It's over? I have so many questions, and don't want it to end. I felt that way after beating FE: Path of Radiance today (there had better be a sequel!)

:lol: u beat it already...

And errr...i felt the same way for Legend of Dragoon...:cry:
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nazguldragon15
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"] [QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]

I get the same feeling when I beat a really good game. It's over? I have so many questions, and don't want it to end. I felt that way after beating FE: Path of Radiance today (there had better be a sequel!)

Yes, I was obsessed!
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dafuzzaymonkay

[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"] [QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="dafuzzaymonkay"]sucks for you ill beat it eventuallynazguldragon15

Yes, I was obsessed!

i never played that game how good was it

nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nazguldragon15

[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="BurningDragoon"] [QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] [QUOTE="dafuzzaymonkay"]sucks for you ill beat it eventuallydafuzzaymonkay

Yes, I was obsessed!

i never played that game how good was it

Ask this in the Off Topic Thread, I don't want to go OT here.  I will say that it was great!  Reply in the OT thread for more detail.
metroidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 metroidmatt
Member since 2004 • 4845 Posts
wind waker was good, but it had a lack of temples and an excess of side quests. besides that it was awesome
queenrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 queenrush
Member since 2005 • 1324 Posts
Great story, final boss, graphics, gameplay, and weapons.
townsenda1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 1

#41 townsenda1
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts
I really liked The legend of Zelda Wind Waker.  At first I wasn't impressed caused Link looked like a child and colorful when I wanted a game more like the new one coming out.  But after that I really enjoyed the game.  The combat fighting system was good.  Graphically the game was beautiful.  I mean you could see every drop of water falling from his body when he jumped out of the water.  The game was done very well and if you are a Zelda fan you should have it. 
Scarred_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#42 Scarred_Crow
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
Not as good as Ocarina of Time, but still, an all-around great game.
Rob1219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rob1219
Member since 2005 • 4492 Posts
WW is a good game. I didn't give it a chance at first because of the look of it. After I played it, I was hooked. The gameplay is great, graphics are beautiful, and it's a pretty long game, if you do 100% of everything. This is a must have in anybody's GC collection.
hush404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 hush404
Member since 2004 • 5032 Posts
At first I was taken back by the visuals but once I played it and explored a bit I realised that the visuals were really something amazing. I personally havn't beaten it yet, other games seem to grab my attention away from it but I'm working away at it from time to time. So far I'd still rather play OoT or even MM.
VileRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VileRage
Member since 2003 • 6541 Posts
I had mixed feelings when finished. I mean the duration of the game was enjoyable, fun and everything. But the lack of difficulty involved and sheer lack of dungeons really hurt me. I also had beef with the length of the game, it was over right when I was really starting to get into it. If it wasnt for the sailing, the game would have been over before you started.

While I did like it, it left me with a mixed bag
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
yeah sailing all the time isnt that great, but its ok if you stop to kill the moblin hangouts that show up. there was enough random stuff lying around to make it fun. my favourite part of WW is the 100 level dungeon, whos with me?
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
sadly enough, i didnt get the game
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

When I saw the first screenshots of WW, I'll admit I was worried. Then it arrived in Japan and I instantly ordered a copy. It blew me away.

The animation is fluid, the environments are detailed and contain a surprising amount of depth and character. The Story was better than OoT's. The fighting had been upgraded, and made somewhat easier at the same time, which is both good and bad. The bosses were very cool to fight and the final battle atop Ganon's tower is possibly the best Zelda battle ever.

I really had no problems with the Cel-Shading after I actually seen it in motion, it is like watching a comic book come to life. Also the Great Sea was never a chore for me, it was indeed large and that is excactly how it felt, after obtaining the Cyclone ability (which doesnt take that long) it becomes even more enjoyable.

My only gripes with the game were that it was a little on the short side, there were too few dungeons, was a tad bit easy and there wasnt as many weapons as I had hoped for. Overall, I think it is the thrid best Zelda game just behind ALttP and the mighty OoT.

JCMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JCMatrix
Member since 2003 • 2025 Posts
I can never stay interested in it unfortunately. I want to play it more though.
Lv100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Lv100
Member since 2005 • 1424 Posts
Better than I expected.