Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

Link's Crossbow Training. It's the next Legend of Zelda game to come out (in exactly one week actually). Now I have been absent for quite some time but I don't believe that there's a clear point of view of this game in this union and to Zelda fans in general, at least not that I know of.

This Zelda game is much different from your normal action adventure, it basically is crossbow training with Link (that's pretty easy to figure out generally speaking) by using the Wii Zapper to aim and such. Now besides those horrid Zelda games that I won't mention by name because they're a blemish on the franchise, are the only games that you could really select from the series and say something negative without having a handful of positives to make note of.

However, with all this talk about appealing to casual gamers and such. Do you think that Link's Crossbow Training though not necessarily a blemish is an unecessary title to be released that may recieve some negative attention for seemingly doing something new (which is good) but so siple (you know how poeple can be with simple concepts)? I'd like to gather yuor thoughts and see what you think of the game in general, just the idea of it and the potential for more game of this nature popping up within the Legend of Zelda series.

Furthermore, will you actually be buying it when it comes out on the 19th and practice your aim?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I won't be buying the game on the Nov.19th. I do plan to ge tit around Christmas time to play it. I think the game is resonably priced and looks fun.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Full_Metal1923

I'mI'm assuming the price is much cheaper than your typcial new release?

I just realized that the date of which it's being released is the one year anniversery of the Wii's launch! :o

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Well, the game itself looks like a pretty mediocre game that has had Link's face slapped on it for promotional purposes. Still though, the actual Zapper device looks interesting, and pending the announcement of a couple more good games that utilize it I will probably pick it up. Again, moreso for the ability to shoot Krauts with the zapper than to practice my skills with a crossbow.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I'm getting it...but only because it's Zelda. It's really just to add that game to my collection. I'm not even excited about it, to be honest :P
Allikiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Allikiza
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
I might get it later on... I'm goin to get Phantom Hourglass first though. (That might be a while for me.)
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Full_Metal1923
I'm getting it...but only because it's Zelda. It's really just to add that game to my collection. I'm not even excited about it, to be honest :PNWA_31
And there are many more like you, thus Nintendo's devilish tactic will succeed. :lol: I'm probably going ot buy it. I'm sure it'll provide some entertainment value.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroid_dragon

I just read on Wiki that the Zapper is compatable with Medal of Honour: Heroes 2!

That may just entice me to purchase one... once I finish Galaxy... and Mass Effect... and Assassin's Creed... and Crysis... and Ace Combat 6... and Corruption... and me and my friends are done with Rock Band.

dang.

EDIT: ...and Ratchet and Clank Future

double dang.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

^You must not be busy at all :P...

I'm not planning on getting the Crossbow game, but I may change my mind.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Full_Metal1923
Damnit metroid, stop taunting us with your demonstration of having money. :P
mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts
I will probably get the Wii Zapper, so yes, I will probably end up with it. I want the zapper for RE:UC and maybe House Of The Dead though.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I just read on Wiki that the Zapper is compatable with Medal of Honour: Heroes 2!

That may just entice me to purchase one... once I finish Galaxy... and Mass Effect... and Assassin's Creed... and Crysis... and Ace Combat 6... and Corruption... and me and my friends are done with Rock Band.

dang.

double dang.

metroid_dragon

Does that mean you got your Wii and PS3 back ?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

dang.

double dang.

NWA_31

Does that mean you got your Wii and PS3 back ?

Not really, I should probably post a new blog, but I've been too engulfed in games lately. basically I just replaced them. Got a good deal on the PS3 from a guy I know, and my 360 was having some serious problems anyways so I would have had to get it repaired sometime soon anyways.

I'm a bit short on cash at the moment, but it's worth it :P

EightBitLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EightBitLink
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
As soon as I pick up my Wii this holiday, I'll get that.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
guess I have missed alot while I was gone, link crossbow training......... sounds like a sellout to me. Guess it'll sell though and anything that affects Nintendos profits... oh well. I know I won't buy it unless I play it and its absolutely amazing. I doubt that it will be.
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
its pretty lame actually...the only reason i want to buy it is for the zapper to use with RE:4 Wii edition and umbrella chronicles.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
My cousin's husband bought it. I haven't asked him about it though, but personally I wouldn't get it. I really like the Legend of Zelda series, but to me Link's Crossbow Training really doesn't fit the "Legend of Zelda" series. Its just one of those games for you to shoot things when your bored. It could be fun or lame depending on yourself, but just shooting things really isn't what I'm into. Unless its shooting things, plus adventures. Then possibly :D
name-unknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 name-unknown
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
GamerGirlPwnz is right. Youll beat it in a halfhour it basically makes the zapper worth $20 bucks.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#20 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I have got it and I think it rocks. I agree that it is kind of a devilish tactic to make it a Zelda game just to sell the game (and the zapper), however I'm glad they did, because if they didn't, I wouldn't have bought it. It really is far better than what I have expected and with the music and stages from TP, it adds a little nostalgy to the expirience. I do think everyone would have some fun with it, Zelda gamer or not. However you may want to take in count that it is a very short game. You could play through the "score attack" in about 45 minutes.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#21 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
And by the way, I have reviewed it if you want to hear more.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I thought it was worth a 6.5. It's a nice package. And, to get all platinum's takes a little while.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Full_Metal1923
waZelda: That review may become very useful soon. :wink: Feel free to post it as a topic for now.
AaronElWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 AaronElWhite
Member since 2003 • 1402 Posts
I found Link's Crossbow Training to be a real blast. It's a great game for pick-up-and-play moments when you just don't have time to sit down and try to get through a lengthy stage or storyline episode. Considering it's Zelda-related, that just makes it all the better. The stages are fun and completing the stages at the highest level is a challenge that I found very rewarding. If it was priced higher I would probably not be as enthusiastic, but as is it's just right.