waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Where do you think the next Zelda game for the wii will place in the timeline? There are certain gaps in the timeline (for instance, the story of Hyrule getting covered in water). Also, I wouldn't be surpriced to find a game with the story that came before MC (The Picori and the Picory Sword). I would really love a game with Majora as the main bad guy, I mean he must have lived once, and considering the strength of the mask, he must have been pretty powerful.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I would really like to see new locations/villains
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Well, since Twilight Princess was supposedly the last of the traditional kind in terms of Zelda games, perhaps the next Zelda will have few links to previous titles and occur near the end of, or during an isolated portion of the timeline?

The game may also chronicle various events that are ether unexplained or have not occurred in game format. For instance, perhaps a new Zelda game will revolve around catching Ganon, resulting in the execution seen in Twilight Princess that lead to Ganon being banished to the Twilight Realm?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Top 3 prefered choices:

Prequal to Majora's Mask.
Hyrule's drowning.
Ganon's failed execution.

All three of those are fantastic ideas and could easily be incorperated into the final story. Since the next game is supposed to be quite different as well, that leaves other possibilities open for gameplay, characters and so forth.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Oh! Oh! Oh! Imagine being a different character! Like playing as Link's sidekick or something! But then that wouldn't be much of a Zelda game now would it? :lol: But how about this: a prequel to the early events of when Link was young. I mean, sure he saved Hyrule from the hands of Ganondorf, and sure hetravelling forwards and backwards in time in Majora's Mask, but if they made a Majora's Mask, they can make something else :D

Or the complete opposite. Not much takes place when Link is an adult (except for the Twilight Princess and maybe some other games :P) but it could be whathappened to Link after he saved Hyrule. Remember in Ocarina of Time? Wherer you couldn't save your game? What happened after that?What happened to Link? Zelda? The Lon Lon Ranch? :lol:

But I'm just brainstorming, so don't go all crazy on me :lol:

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gary_Jinfield

Oh! Oh! Oh! Imagine being a different character! Like playing as Link's sidekick or something! But then that wouldn't be much of a Zelda game now would it? :lol: But how about this: a prequel to the early events of when Link was young. I mean, sure he saved Hyrule from the hands of Ganondorf, and sure hetravelling forwards and backwards in time in Majora's Mask, but if they made a Majora's Mask, they can make something else :D

Or the complete opposite. Not much takes place when Link is an adult (except for the Twilight Princess and maybe some other games :P) but it could be whathappened to Link after he saved Hyrule. Remember in Ocarina of Time? Wherer you couldn't save your game? What happened after that?What happened to Link? Zelda? The Lon Lon Ranch? :lol:

But I'm just brainstorming, so don't go all crazy on me :lol:

GamerGirlPwnz

Well, MM did tell the story of what happened after Oot in sense, in that everything went on as normal for Hyrule.

Intriguingly, both Tp and WW could easily have a prequel of sorts involving Ganon thanks to the past events that lead to each respective game.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

The Majora's mask is really something they can extend on. With Prequels and Sequels. There is a gameshark thingy about the origins of the Majora's mask. Fierce Deity: Majora's Mask 2. Its not much but check it out, remember its NOT real: http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://beno113.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/theuntoldlegendofthefiercedeitymajorasmask2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://beno113.tripod.com/bcncheats/id14.html&h=518&w=371&sz=155&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=Fv6x4AWEaEHJ2M:&tbnh=131&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmajora%2527s%2Bmask%2B2%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Great Flood of Hyrule could be epic. Imagine on top of Ganon's tower, the water pouring out pf the sky and Link uses his last dieing will to keep his triforse from Ganon. And as Ganon goes to strike Link leaps of the tower to his death with nothing left but a grin on his face as he falls...

Or maybe what was origanlly planned as WW2, Termina Flooded. But this just seems recycled so maybe not.

Sequel to TP? SPOILERS! Ganon lost the triforse for unknown reasons but its highly suspious Zant has it, when Midna went back home Zelda clearly explains why the gods sent the mirror and hopes they can now be friends with this other world. Midna shatters the mirror and the game ends...

Those are just some ideas, but I would prefer some linkage to old games with the new Wii one spoken over very very super uber briefly. Which I hope for a 2009 release, even f its Xmas because there nothing like finishing school with a great new and different Zelda game! ;)

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts
Nintendo never wants to STRAY too far from their usual style! But hey we had super princess peach. Maybe A game where we play as zelda and her alter ego sheik! but not from oot!
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NWA_31

The Majora's mask is really something they can extend on. With Prequels and Sequels. There is a gameshark thingy about the origins of the Majora's mask. Fierce Deity: Majora's Mask 2. Its not much but check it out, remember its NOT real: http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://beno113.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/theuntoldlegendofthefiercedeitymajorasmask2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://beno113.tripod.com/bcncheats/id14.html&h=518&w=371&sz=155&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=Fv6x4AWEaEHJ2M:&tbnh=131&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmajora%2527s%2Bmask%2B2%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Great Flood of Hyrule could be epic. Imagine on top of Ganon's tower, the water pouring out pf the sky and Link uses his last dieing will to keep his triforse from Ganon. And as Ganon goes to strike Link leaps of the tower to his death with nothing left but a grin on his face as he falls...

Or maybe what was origanlly planned as WW2, Termina Flooded. But this just seems recycled so maybe not.

Sequel to TP? SPOILERS! Ganon lost the triforse for unknown reasons but its highly suspious Zant has it, when Midna went back home Zelda clearly explains why the gods sent the mirror and hopes they can now be friends with this other world. Midna shatters the mirror and the game ends...

Those are just some ideas, but I would prefer some linkage to old games with the new Wii one spoken over very very super uber briefly. Which I hope for a 2009 release, even f its Xmas because there nothing like finishing school with a great new and different Zelda game! ;)

radicalplace

Those are some great ideas, especially the flood of hyrule. However, as we all know, the story will not end very well and I don't think Nintendo would want that.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="radicalplace"]

The Majora's mask is really something they can extend on. With Prequels and Sequels. There is a gameshark thingy about the origins of the Majora's mask. Fierce Deity: Majora's Mask 2. Its not much but check it out, remember its NOT real:

NWA_31

Those are some great ideas, especially the flood of hyrule. However, as we all know, the story will not end very well and I don't think Nintendo would want that.

It might actually be nice to see a Zelda game with a non-conventional ending; That flood idea sounds perfect. I still think that Majora's Mask deserves a sequel/prequel though.

Heh, I love speculative cover art:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/metroid_dragon/6788-v2-orig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/metroid_dragon/3159-orig.jpg

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 radicalplace
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

The Majora's mask is really something they can extend on. With Prequels and Sequels. There is a gameshark thingy about the origins of the Majora's mask. Fierce Deity: Majora's Mask 2. Its not much but check it out, remember its NOT real:

metroid_dragon

It might actually be nice to see a Zelda game with a non-conventional ending; That flood idea sounds perfect. I still think that Majora's Mask deserves a sequel/prequel though.

Heh, I love speculative cover art:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/metroid_dragon/6788-v2-orig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/metroid_dragon/3159-orig.jpg

Yes Nintendo wouldn't want a depressing ending, but media is a fickle thing. You can make it happiness out of it. Link dies with courage, without fear of death. He only means to die to save the world from others, so he dies happy. When Zelda sees Link hit the ground from leaping off the tower she only stares. Then at Ganon, but then out of the corner of her eye she sees something glow. The Triforse of courage has left Link's body and now Zelda stares at it. She can vaguely see links face inside. Then the triforse shows a Flash back of all the good Link has done, afterwards it approaches Zelda and then goes inside her. She glows bright yellow and hovers in the air slightly. When she reaches the ground and thel ight has faded, another triforse shines on her hand near her other one. She then knows what she has to do. She summons all the power of her triforse and frustration and uses on Ganon. Ganon cries from pain as the light of Zeldas good will insinarates him. When Zelda lets go Ganon is no more (or so she thinks). The Water coming from the sky increases. She now intends to save some of the remaining people in the castle. When she has done so she goes to her father but he fefuses to go with her. As Zelda leaves the castle she puts a forsefield around it, then uses Nayru's love around herself and the survivors and rise up to where an island will be... Thats one way. Its happy and sad. But good has come out of it.

MM should have something added onto it. It has so much potential...

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#12 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

When I think about it, I do think it would be little logicin a game where Hyrule is flooded. The legend in the start of WW sais that the Hylians prayed for the hero to come back, but he didn't arrive. That is why the Gods had to seal away Hyrule, because noone could have stopped Ganon. In that respect, I think we should not get our hopes up.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NWA_31

Yes Nintendo wouldn't want a depressing ending, but media is a fickle thing. You can make it happiness out of it. Link dies with courage, without fear of death. He only means to die to save the world from others, so he dies happy. When Zelda sees Link hit the ground from leaping off the tower she only stares. Then at Ganon, but then out of the corner of her eye she sees something glow. The Triforse of courage has left Link's body and now Zelda stares at it. She can vaguely see links face inside. Then the triforse shows a Flash back of all the good Link has done, afterwards it approaches Zelda and then goes inside her. She glows bright yellow and hovers in the air slightly. When she reaches the ground and thel ight has faded, another triforse shines on her hand near her other one. She then knows what she has to do. She summons all the power of her triforse and frustration and uses on Ganon. Ganon cries from pain as the light of Zeldas good will insinarates him. When Zelda lets go Ganon is no more (or so she thinks). The Water coming from the sky increases. She now intends to save some of the remaining people in the castle. When she has done so she goes to her father but he fefuses to go with her. As Zelda leaves the castle she puts a forsefield around it, then uses Nayru's love around herself and the survivors and rise up to where an island will be... Thats one way. Its happy and sad. But good has come out of it.

radicalplace

Actually, I just remembered something: Link wasn't there at all during the events of the great flood. That's why the Gods decided to flood the whole thing, since no one could stop Ganon.

And I love your boxarts, Metroid. I would definitely get MM, if it came out on the DS :P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NWA_31

When I think about it, I do think it would be little logicin a game where Hyrule is flooded. The legend in the start of WW sais that the Hylians prayed for the hero to come back, but he didn't arrive. That is why the Gods had to seal away Hyrule, because noone could have stopped Ganon. In that respect, I think we should not get our hopes up.

waZelda

Oops. Didn't see your post :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="radicalplace"]

NWA_31

Actually, I just remembered something: Link wasn't there at all during the events of the great flood. That's why the Gods decided to flood the whole thing, since no one could stop Ganon.

And I love your boxarts, Metroid. I would definitely get MM, if it came out on the DS :P

MM on the DS? That sounds pretty cool, actually. Though Nintendo wouldn't remake it or port it to the DS for a while since they still need to focus on getting us PH

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 radicalplace
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

DJ-Lafleur

MM on the DS? That sounds pretty cool, actually. Though Nintendo wouldn't remake it or port it to the DS for a while since they still need to focus on getting us PH

MM on DS would be cool but its unlikely as well. Nintendo said somewhere that the next Zelda game won't follow tradition. Maybe there could be a 3rd game that involves the hero of time (child) finding Navi. Or MM sequel or prequel. However considering what they do to hyrule's geography Termina will probably be changed alot, though probably keep its "4 Regions" idea just stuff added in them and maybe a few off areas like milk road. hehe cows...

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

radicalplace

MM on DS would be cool but its unlikely as well. Nintendo said somewhere that the next Zelda game won't follow tradition. Maybe there could be a 3rd game that involves the hero of time (child) finding Navi. Or MM sequel or prequel. However considering what they do to hyrule's geography Termina will probably be changed alot, though probably keep its "4 Regions" idea just stuff added in them and maybe a few off areas like milk road. hehe cows...

WHY ARE PEOPLE FORGETTING ABOUT TINGLE RPG? If i cant forget neither shall you people! Oh and don't force nintendo to piss us off withagame version of the zelda cartoon series! And ooonnnne moooore thing! cd-i *runs for life*
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

imnotwhite

WHY ARE PEOPLE FORGETTING ABOUT TINGLE RPG? If i cant forget neither shall you people! Oh and don't force nintendo to piss us off withagame version of the zelda cartoon series! And ooonnnne moooore thing! cd-i *runs for life*

Wait, what do those have to do with the setting for the next game? I don't think Nintendo would ever consider making the next game in one of those settings.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

metroid_dragon

Wait, what do those have to do with the setting for the next game? I don't think Nintendo would ever consider making the next game in one of those settings.

OH SNAP i got it how about a pyramid! where did that idea come from? HUH EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

imnotwhite

OH SNAP i got it how about a pyramid! where did that idea come from? HUH EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!

That's because you're quite obviously crazy.

Although a pyramid does seem like a plausible location for a dungeon.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gary_Jinfield

A pyramid has been used as a dungeon in Zelda game before, that being FSA.

Technically, the remake of Alttp featured a secret dungeon located in a pyramid as well.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 radicalplace
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

metroid_dragon

Wow look how many times i've been quoted but not one thing has been said about what i said after the first quote;)

Why don't you think Nintendo will make a game in one of those settings :'( Termina would be a cool place to return to :)

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

radicalplace

Wow look how many times i've been quoted but not one thing has been said about what i said after the first quote;)

Why don't you think Nintendo will make a game in one of those settings :'( Termina would be a cool place to return to :)

Yeah how about we maeka pyramid dungeon with ......wait nver mind
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NWA_31
Geez, you guys might want to delete some quotes. It's becoming a little long, don't you think ? :P
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imnotwhite

Geez, you guys might want to delete some quotes. It's becoming a little long, don't you think ? :PNWA_31
Great now we gotta start all over!

And your off-topic!

But what if the game is placed on another island

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 metroid_dragon

Technically, the remake of Alttp featured a secret dungeon located in a pyramid as well.

Gary_Jinfield

A yes, the 4 sword pyramid. Is that dungeon canon though?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

metroid_dragon

A yes, the 4 sword pyramid. Is that dungeon canon though?

Probably not, but it is an example of a dungeon in a pyramid of sorts.:P

Ether way, the dungeon in FSA still stands and is a proper example of a pyramid dungeon.

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
It probably be a whole new one.
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I would love to return to Termina. Such an amazing mood that game set for me. ahh the memories.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 radicalplace
A sequal I think would be the most interesting way to go, but considering this game is "Starting from the basics" all over again it will probably feature a different Link in a geographical different Hyrule, but hey, its Zelda? You cant predict anything. TP or MM sequal would be the best. Link's "Doomed Vacations" are allways a new fun expierence.