What does every one have against Majora's Mask?

BlackLaser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 BlackLaser2
Member since 2004 • 4157 Posts
I know Majora's Mask is not the best Zelda game, but hey it is still a better game than people give it credit for. What does everyone have against it?
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
I don't have anything against that game. It is an EXCELENT game! Wonderful fun factor and lots to keep you attached to the game. I think that most people prefer Oot for some reason. I do, but I still love Majora's Mask.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

Spoilers ahead!!!!

Majora's Mask is actually my favorite Zelda game. The reason people don't like it (at least from what comments I have observed) is because it had a time limit, and they wanted to have unlimited time like in OOT. Also, people say the game was "too short." I disagree, the game was actually pretty long. The amount of time it took to get from dungeon to dungeon was usually longer than in OOT. For example, in OOT, to get to the Fire Temple, you basically go back to Sheik and get the Prelude of Light, then go up Death Mountain, bomb Darunia's son, talk to him, go through the crater and meet Sheik again, and then you're at the Fire Temple. Now take Majora's Mask. To get to Great Bay Temple, you have to pull Mikau's body out of the water and heal him, go to the beaver's place if you don't have enough bottles, and go through the long task of getting the Zora Eggs from the Pirate's Fortress and then getting the sea horse and retrieving the eggs in Pinnacle Rock so you can get the New Wave Bossa Nova Song and awaken the turtle to get to the temple.

The reasons I think Majora's Mask was better was because it had more depth to the non-essential characters, had a more interesting world (in my opinion), and was harder. There are other reasons why I like it more, mainly because of its atmosphere and whatnot.

So that is that.

nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
I know several people that hate for that exact reason, metalsamurai is correct. Most of those people that don't like MM, don't like Turn Based RPGs. The reason being is because they don't have patience and timed events. I really found the 3 day thing to be absolutely no nuisance. It was creative. I don't understand how people can hate the entire game for that reason, because the game is really good. It has a high fun factor like RErikku said, and it has so many side quests, it really keeps you entertained. I always get the feeling that it puts you in Link's shoes when in Clock Town. It's hard to believe that people would hate such a great game for such a shallow reason.
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
i actually like this game the same as i do OOT.  aka my favorite games
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
I enjoy all of the zelda games.  Majora's Mask was a pretty good game.
Beto884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Beto884
Member since 2004 • 4459 Posts
nothing against it, i wouldn't have anything against any zelda game
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

I've never had anything against the game myself, in my opinion it is one of the best in the series.  It had so much creativity and lasting value stuck into the small package.  I believe the main turnoff though was that many fans could not *get* the time limit and how the game operated.  The game is played differently and required a different thought process to complete the task at hand, which I believe was a turnoff for a great number of people.

Beto884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Beto884

I've never had anything against the game myself, in my opinion it is one of the best in the series.  It had so much creativity and lasting value stuck into the small package.  I believe the main turnoff though was that many fans could not *get* the time limit and how the game operated.  The game is played differently and required a different thought process to complete the task at hand, which I believe was a turnoff for a great number of people.

Mr_Bob471

maybe you're right but for me it was better to have a different way of doing things, only that maybe most people are expecting each series games this or that way, i just like new stuff

alpha99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alpha99
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts
I didn't mind Majora's Mask, but to be honest I am one of those people who don't like the 3 day time-limit. Everything else is really good though, but I guess because one of the best parts of OoT was exploring the huge world for as long as you wanted (or as long as you could stand navi yelling "hey!" at you) having a restriction like that was not to my liking.
ryan_rocks29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 ryan_rocks29
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
I have absolutely nothing against it, I love this game.
lil_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lil_angel
Member since 2005 • 1535 Posts
it is a perfectliy good game
duckshack123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 duckshack123
Member since 2004 • 2786 Posts
The time limit and the really difficult dungeons kept me from finishing it.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Majora's Mask was awesome!!! i loved the time limit ... it made it more challenging. The dungeouns weren't easy but they weren't impossible either. I love how you can be a Deku, Zora, Link, or a Goron. Plus there's much more that you have to discover on your own then in Oot. But both were great games. 
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts
MM was a different game.  I liked it.  Unlike OOT, you could pretty much, redo the whole game without totally erasing the file.  Added a lot of replay value.  But, the main quest felt shallow, the whole game seemed to be over too quickly.  There was nothing "epic" about it.  I don't see it as a bad game at all.  I see it mostly as lost potential.
Avatar image for Ilija_True_Game
Ilija_True_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Ilija_True_Game
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
I love all the zelda games but this one was realy frustrating in sertain parts but still a masterpiece
666-hell-way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 666-hell-way
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
MM was so nice, people who dosen't like the time limit are idiot,with the inversed song of time, you can play at least 4 or even 5 hour without do the original song of time. and the people who think that MM is to diffucult, well they just su**.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
I found the time limit to be very annoying due to my stance on life and such.:P I'm the type of person that attempts to analyze everything that happens from all possible angles and as such, I take things at a much slower pace if I can. Many people these days seem to be running around just trying to get from point A to point B without really realizing how they are getting there and how it will effect them in the future. Furthermore, I like to get the full experience from a game even on my first play through examining different aspects and factors as much as possible. A game like MM thus, truly frustrated me even when slowing down time. In the end, it required a bit more planning which did make the process much more tedious. Keeping that in mind, MM is my second favorite Zelda game due to the sheer amount of riveting storylines that take place. Ever character will have a part to play before the end which is something I truly love to see in a video game. I also enjoyed the dark atmosphere that engulfed the adventure from the very beginning which created a very thought provoking world with plenty of mystery and overall tragedy. Who can forget the song played during the last few hours? The death of those two great leaders, the Fierce Deity Mask, the overall sense of doom and twisted evil... Even at the end, it was not entirely reversed for we see the Deku Butler crying infront of his son... An amazing game indeed.
Ghanima_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Ghanima_A
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
the time thing. not just the limited time but the fact you lost a lot of items when you rewoound time, it was also confusing as all getout. I even have the book for it but I just never really cared to actually try and finish it.
grizly-sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 grizly-sword
Member since 2005 • 5456 Posts
Everything was ok exept from the time limit who i think is not appropriate in a zelda game, and that for me affected the whole story which made it worse than it actually is,
ukguvnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ukguvnor
Member since 2004 • 12705 Posts
I LOVE Majora's Mask.

I think the whole concept is brilliant, and the game captures the 'magical' and 'fantastical' feel which I think is crucial in any Zelda game. From the music to the settings, the reactions of the villagers as the days go by, everything about it was just stunning IMO.
hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
It's a great game.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
My favorite is  MM
Beto884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Beto884
Everything was ok exept from the time limit who i think is not appropriate in a zelda game, and that for me affected the whole story which made it worse than it actually is, grizly-sword
but you could always use the inverted song of time, the thing i didn't like was having to lose everything i had (arrows, bombs, deku nuts, ARROWS) ya i love the bow that's why it was lame to lose the arrows.......but i really loved the bank cause you could become rich and you didn't had to have only the 500 rupees limit
bigbenbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 bigbenbeast
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts

I didn't mind Majora's Mask, but to be honest I am one of those people who don't like the 3 day time-limit. Everything else is really good though, but I guess because one of the best parts of OoT was exploring the huge world for as long as you wanted (or as long as you could stand navi yelling "hey!" at you) having a restriction like that was not to my liking. alpha99

I agree. That little fairy thing really gets on my nerves

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
I think its a cool game. I think that people don't like it because they feel that it was a let down from OOT which is understandable.  They probably didn't like the idea of the 3 day time cycle either, it was a pain in the ass at times but I liked it it was a good idea and it kept you on your toes so to speak.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

[QUOTE="alpha99"]I didn't mind Majora's Mask, but to be honest I am one of those people who don't like the 3 day time-limit. Everything else is really good though, but I guess because one of the best parts of OoT was exploring the huge world for as long as you wanted (or as long as you could stand navi yelling "hey!" at you) having a restriction like that was not to my liking. bigbenbeast

I agree. That little fairy thing really gets on my nerves

Yes. And that little fairy thing just so happens to be a fairy.
boxyodaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 boxyodaddy
Member since 2006 • 552 Posts
i love loz mm. its my favorite one. i clocked in [after beating it] at 536 hours, WOOHOO!:lol:
KeijiMaeda383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KeijiMaeda383
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts

I didn't like majora mask because trying to finish some of the dungeons were almost impossible because of the time you were given

KeijiMaeda383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KeijiMaeda383
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts
I didn't like majora mask because trying to go through some of the dungeons were almost impossible because of the short time period.  Besides that the story line as a hole was very dull
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I loved the side quests and how everything worked. I wanna play it again :) ... right now. ....! But I should sleep.
Jet_GM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jet_GM
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts
I liked a lot of Majora's Mask and I thought that the time limit was silly at first but once you see the different angles you can manipulate the time you'll get usted to it.
smb_zelda_dk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 smb_zelda_dk_
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
once u can slow down time its fine...its a rele great game!
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

once u can slow down time its fine...its a rele great game!smb_zelda_dk_

yaa, it's tied for my fav. zelda game (with OOT)

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#35 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
I think some people find the time thing very tedious.  If it wasn't for a game guide, I would still be trying to beat all the side quests.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 morbious17
I didn't need a guide, but I can't find all heart pieces though.  I still need a couple.
Beto884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Beto884
the side-quests in MM are way more difficult than in OoT so that's understandable
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 morbious17
I think my biggest problem is finding all the pieces.  I completed the notebook, I just need all my hearts.
Beto884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Beto884
:o yeah that's tough, with only 4 temples the number of pieces of heart duplicate
smb_zelda_dk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smb_zelda_dk_
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
its a sweet game though!
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points