::--The Legend of Zelda Union Officer Application--::

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

We are going to be promoting one (maybe more) recruits to the position of officer. Here is where you can write in your application.

What we are looking at:

• Activity: The officers must first and foremost be active in the Union. They are the ones who keep this running, who make the boards run smoothly, who post news stories, write articles, etc... If you want to be an officer (or ARE an officer for that matter) I expect you to be active in the boards and participate in the union. The Officers should be the ones who spend the most time here, not the members.
  • Involvement: This basically means that you will be involved in the decisions we officers make in the Legend of Zelda Union. We need to act as a committee and our decisions need to be made together. If I send out a PM to all officers, I expect all of them to respond.
  • Spelling and Grammar: If you wish to be an officer you must have good grammatical skills. At the very least use the spell check button. Posts must be clear and understandable, especially on the front page.
  • Passion: This one comes straight from Mister_Slice, "You truly need to have a passion for The Legend of Zelda to be an Officer. I know that most of you do, but it is essential. We are the ones who should be searching the Internet and browsing every online and offline magazine looking for Zelda news on a daily basis. The responsibility of keeping interesting articles posted on the main page lies with the Officers. If you don't want this Union to be your #1 online message board priority, don't apply."
That's what we are looking for. Now to the application:

How old are you?

What Legend of Zelda games have you played?

Why do you want to be an Officer?

Are you a Mod/Officer of any other message board or Union?

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer?

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)?

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game and why?

What are your other major hobbies/obsessions/fandoms?

Have fun with the application, be creative, and let us know why you want to be an Officer here.

Try to keep this thread strictly for Officer Applications and nothing else.

This topic will remain opened and stickied until we have enough suitable applicants to make a good and fair decision.
We will notify the winner of his/her promotion once we have made our decision.

Good luck to all our applicants!

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Okay, im applying :D

How old are you?
I am 18.

I have played all of them, except Phantom Hourglass, the Four Swords spinoffs and the FDS/CDi games.

Hard to say. I guess it's because LOZU is one of the first unions that I have joined and I really like it here.

Yes.

What unique skill/specialty can you bring to the Legend of Zelda Union as an Officer?
Well, first of all, I am very dedicated and active in every union that I'm in (Because I usually don't join or resign if I don't find the union interesting enough). I amalso good at designing/photoshopping and editing videos, but my biggest quality is probably my creativity.

How much time do you spend online posting on message boards each week (estimate)?
About 16-24 hours per week.

The Legend of Zelda on the NES. It was my first Zelda game and it brings back a lot of good memories. I had a lot of fun playing it with my friends and family when I was kid.

Other than video games, music, old school rap music, to be more specific. Favourite rap group is N.W.A. I also play a lot of sports, especially basketball and football.
Demon2545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 Demon2545
Member since 2005 • 61053 Posts

How old are you?
23 years old

A link to the Past, Zelda OoT, windwaker and Twilight princess

Zelda OoT being my favorite game of all time helps

Yup, a few unions

I am an active member of GS, i usually come on GS everyday and tend to help out some of the more active unions I am in(I hate doing things in dead unions but this place doesn't seem dead at all.)

Maybe around 30 hours

OoT, there isn't much words i can use to describe how much fun and how awesome i think this game is. I must have spent well over 100+ hours just doing whatever in this game.

Basketball and work i guess
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Hmm, I always loved this union, so I will be willing to offer my services. However I would like to point out to all members that are vying for this position that being a moderator isn't all telling people what to do, locking topics and so forth; You have responsibilities to this union now, responsibilities to increase it's activity, to be a rolemodel to the members. You would probably enjoy the union more as a member which I've learned from my own forums.

I have moderation and admin experience, I've been a member of Nuneworld (www.spynets.com/forum/) since 2003, working my way up from member, to moderator to Global moderator and now I'm a full fledged admin. I know how to handle incidents with members and keep interest in forums fresh.

http://www.spynets.com/forum/index.php?s=751f8d5f1c6a532375adacf90e7999c0&showuser=9440

How old are you?
20 years old.

Played:
The Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess (Wii V.)

Beaten:
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures (w 4 people & GBA link cables :D )
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess

Honestly I don't mind volunteering for forums, I'm around here enough and been a member of Gamespot since 03', level 20, a little over 750 posts. I know that doesn't mean anything when it comes to my responsibility and how trustworthy I am but at least that gives you some insight that I'm not just a random newbie that joined in the last few weeks and will up and leave when I'm bored. I'm sure you've seen me around the LoZ union in the past anyways; My activity posting has declined I admit, but I'm still around pretty often.

On Gamespot no, however I am on other message boards, the only one of note being Nuneworld which I linked to earlier.

I consider myself mature and fair, I'm not power hungry or just looking for bragging rights, I legitimatly would like to help out the LoZ union. I can organize games, act as a mediator, take care of anything which is against the rules and so forth. I also possess very good knowledge on the Zelda series.

Depends on work of course, but I'm usually in the 5-7 hours range unless I'm running something which requires my constant attention. I try to spend about an hour a day minimum.

A Link to the Past; It was my first Zelda game, I grew up with it, beat it 5 times so far. Ocarina comes in a very close second and I've likely beaten it more times overall. Those two games were the perfect balance of gameplay and challenge. I'm not a fan of the "quarter-heart of damage" that stained Wind Waker and Twilight princess. Both of those games were much too easy in the combat-sense.

Mainly video games, I own a Wii, between me and my roommate we have 2 360's and about 4 PC's. I won't even list off the outrageous collection of consoles and games I have, Though my gamespot game collection page is up-to-date.
Anime is also a large interest, Ones that have more serious overtones though; Death Note, Bleach, Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Wolf's Rain, Ergo Proxy and so forth.
Sci-fi TV shows; Stargate, Battlestar Galactica (new series), Firefly, Startrek to some extent. Then there are a lot of non sci-fi shows that are awesome, Colbert Report, South Park, 24, ect.
Board/tabletop/card games are also pretty high on the list.
Other than that I'm mainly hanging out with friends or my girlfriend, partying, playing games, or just socializing.

So basically, you know me, I have experience and am willing to help out the union, I'm not going to be offended or anything if I'm not picked, perhaps even a little relieved :P ...Point being that you can skip by me and I'll still be here, posting away and socializing with you guys. Cheers.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

How old are you?

Fifteen... although if you want me to be honest, I don't find that entirely relevant. :oops:

I started with Ocarina of Time, and since then have played every single game (aside from the Oracles games) that has been released since then, with the addition of A Link to the Past, which I have played on the GBA and on the VC. I never finished it though, so maybe I should get working on that. :P

I've always admired this union, and I've been a recruit here practically since I started my account. This is definitely the Zelda union to go to on Gamespot, and I would enjoy being a part of this community. I also think that I could contribute quite a bit to the union, especially since Phantom Hourglass is so close to release. Articles are my specialty, by the way. :wink:

I'm leader (and founder)of the Evolution of Nintendo Union, I'm an officer at the Nintendo Paradise, Blizzard Union,Nintendo Wii Alliance, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Union. Needless to say, I have experience. :)

Well, I'm a spelling/grammar nut... the slightest grammar or misspelling bothers the crap out of me, which I think is a good thing. Also, as I mentioned, I'm very good at writing articles, so if ever you need help posting news I can do so. I can also post just about everyday.

I'm on Gamespot everyday, for probably a grand total of about two to three hours or more a day. Yeah, these summer days get pretty dull sometimes. :P

Ocarina of Time, without a doubt. When I first played it I was pretty young, but at the time I had never played anything like it, and it impressed me beyond imagine. It was very immersive, showed its quality, and truly felt like I was on an adventure. Not to mention that it practically invented the modern 3D action adventure genre.

I love to write, and am looking to eventually pursue a career in journalism. Obviously, I'm a big Zelda and Nintendo fan in general as well. :)

Zelda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Zelda99
Member since 2004 • 770 Posts

How old are you?

I started with Oot, i've played every one except Four Swords, Lttp, Minish Cap and unfortunetly TP

I have a desire to lead, and a persistent quality to help others. Simple really

No, I'm very active in the Sim City board though, and post often on the FFXII board

I feel as if every one can always bring something diffrent to "the fold" andI am no exception.I am a very open minded yet very belligerent, I cannot explain it, so forgive me

Not much,I never had a reason to post regularly.

Ocarina of Time. My first ever video game so that alone speaks for it self

I do quite a bit. I'm and artist and graphic designer at heart (trust me, im good), I am a currently writing a novel trilogy. I play foot ball and soccer, and finally just chill with any game i can pick up.

P.S. If you have not noticed by now,I am a very shrewd and aberrant individual. I dont feel you need a paragraph to answer asimple question, I dont overdo things (yet at this moment my attitude proves otherwise) i may bea little vexing at other times but alas... Forgive me, my overzealousness.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts

i geuss i'll try

How old are you?

i'm 15 and will be 16 in december

because Loz is my favorite series of all time and this is the best union about Loz

yes, a few

even though i havent been very active right now, i am making sure to come here when ever i get on, i like to consider myself good at making tags/sigs. and i like to consider myself a fair person.

depends, if i am not playing a game it can be 30-40 hours, if i have a game that i'm playing or school then around 24-30

oot or TP i love both

besides loz i like MGS and God of war, i like designing sigs/tags

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Alright, this thread will now be locked.

Expect the announcement of the new Officers to occur in the first half of this week.