pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts

There's a lot to be said on this topic, esspecially since I havn't seen anything mentioned about it hardly anywhere. So, I've seen this before, and last night I actually picked up the DVD of the complete series. But, I was wondering if any of you guys had seen it, and if so what you had thought of it. Here's an episode on google video so you can make an evaluation if you havn't seen one yet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1729012338546733953&q=zelda+cartoon

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
Well, I never liked the show. Mostly due to how they decided to portray Link and Ganon. They just seemed greatly different in comparison to their video game counterparts. There were also many events that did not sit to well with me ether like Day of the Triforce. Not to mention it seemed extremely cheesy, although not as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. :P
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
The reason we don't talk about it much is because we prefer to preten it doesn't exist.  :P   However, we can agree that the show isn't as bad as the CD-i Zeldas, so this is acceptable to bring up everynow and then.  I, on the other hand, have to go wash my hands for typing 'CD-i Zelda' and thereby soiling them.  
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pizzamanopenup
Lol, that's rich. Of course, I, now have to go wash my hands for using the phrase "that's rich".
blazewind191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 blazewind191
Member since 2005 • 3557 Posts
hated this show. i saw it and i literally said "wtf...??" since when could link talk, walls come to life, and gibdos cast spells? quire show indeed...
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
Well, I never liked the show. Mostly due to how they decided to portray Link and Ganon. They just seemed greatly different in comparison to their video game counterparts. There were also many events that did not sit to well with me ether like Day of the Triforce. Not to mention it seemed extremely cheesy, although not as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. :PGary_Jinfield

Believe me... nothing will ever be as bad as the CD-I games. But now to get the thought of those games out of my head. I have in fact seen the show a few times, and honestly I never really liked it at all. It's always hard for me to say that I dislike something related to the LoZ series, but the show just never sat well with me at all.
BassBoy45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 BassBoy45
Member since 2006 • 5330 Posts
When you bring a voice to link, it ruins the whole experience. What i like about link is that we know very little about him, let alone how his voice sounds. To add to that, since when has Link had brown hair, and since when has there only been two pieces of the triforce. I don't understand :?
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 erie_enigma
Member since 2002 • 253 Posts
Hmmm...let me summarize this....Is this the one with the "Well excuuuuuuuuuusssee-meee Princess!"???  I can't watch this for fear of hearing that statement.  If this is said show, I must now ritualistically smack my head very hard off the table until the  memory of every time I heard that statement on that show when I was younger is completely wiped out by severe head injuries....THWACK THWACK THWACK!...uh...what was I talking about again?  pretty birds....pretty birds....
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 erie_enigma
Oh god...Oh god...I did it...why did I do it?  WHY??!!!  I clicked it...and moved fwd a bit...and heard...Link...speak...ugh...worse than syrup of Ipecac...make the vomiting stop...ugh...."I used to go on adventures and sleep in the mud"  "looking good from here princess, especially from this angle..."  make it go away...please..make..stop...ugh...
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

When you bring a voice to link, it ruins the whole experience. What i like about link is that we know very little about him, let alone how his voice sounds. To add to that, since when has Link had brown hair, and since when has there only been two pieces of the triforce. I don't understand :? BassBoy45

Well, Link did have brown hair in the original Legend of Zelda and in Adventure of Link, as can be seen in erie_enigma's sig as well. Believe it or not, the Triforce of Courage was introduced in Adventure of Link, so there were only two Triforce pieces in the original. :P

pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pizzamanopenup

Good point gary, although here's another flaw within the series. Last night while perusing through the bonus features, I actually discovered that the series was based on Zelda II: The Adventure of link. The triforce of Courage was introduced in that one. So, why are there only two triforces in a series based on a game with three? Maybe the people who made this DVD just threw all this random crap in there at the last second.

BassBoy45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 BassBoy45
Member since 2006 • 5330 Posts

[QUOTE="BassBoy45"]When you bring a voice to link, it ruins the whole experience. What i like about link is that we know very little about him, let alone how his voice sounds. To add to that, since when has Link had brown hair, and since when has there only been two pieces of the triforce. I don't understand :? Gary_Jinfield

Well, Link did have brown hair in the original Legend of Zelda and in Adventure of Link, as can be seen in erie_enigma's sig as well. Believe it or not, the Triforce of Courage was introduced in Adventure of Link, so there were only two Triforce pieces in the original. :P

I realized the brown hair thing after posting. But it's been called the "tri"force since the begining, so where did the tri come from if there are only two pieces. I guess that kind of threw me off a bit. It's still not a good show, but w/e i guess i should've had my facts straight :oops:
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

Dang im the only one who voted for the seen it loved it!

Although i hate it now!

Yo_Joe_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yo_Joe_Cool
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
That...was...the...WORST...cartoon...I...have...ever...seen...
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 erie_enigma

That...was...the...WORST...cartoon...I...have...ever...seen... Yo_Joe_Cool

Here here!!!  and, by the bye, nice icon dude, take it from someone from southwest PA originally!!!

Go Picksburgh Stillers!

ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts

Good point gary, although here's another flaw within the series. Last night while perusing through the bonus features, I actually discovered that the series was based on Zelda II: The Adventure of link. The triforce of Courage was introduced in that one. So, why are there only two triforces in a series based on a game with three? Maybe the people who made this DVD just threw all this random crap in there at the last second.

pizzamanopenup

They probably called it the 'Triforce' since it was in the shape of a triangle.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imnotwhite

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Leverish

Hate to bring this up!

But what's worse the show or..........Cd-i?

btw what did the I in cd-i stand for anyway? interactive?

erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 erie_enigma

[QUOTE="Leverish"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]imnotwhite

Hate to bring this up!

Yes, i do believe Interactive.

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RandomHero1337
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="Leverish"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]erie_enigma

Hate to bring this up!

Yes, i do believe Interactive.

Yep... "Compact Disc - Interactive." As for your question regarding which one is worse, I honestly think that they are both equally horrible in their own ways.
MacUser511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 MacUser511
Member since 2005 • 831 Posts
WELL, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE PRINCESS!!!Link The Douchebag
NOOOOOOOOO!!! The memories come! I MUST DIE!!!
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pizzamanopenup
lol You guys are unrelentless. I really don't think it sucks THAT much. I like it. A lot.
MacUser511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MacUser511
The fact is, they make Link a pervert, a loser, a retard, and worst of all, he has BLACK HAIR. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 erie_enigma

The fact is, they make Link a pervert, a loser, a retard, and worst of all, he has BLACK HAIR. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.MacUser511

HERE HERE, motion seconded!  Everything about this is wrong...so wrong...

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imnotwhite
lol You guys are unrelentless. I really don't think it sucks THAT much. I like it. A lot.pizzamanopenup
True I liked it as much as teenage mutant ninja turtles!///////////////////////////ew
MacUser511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MacUser511
Never EVER mentin Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the same sentence, paragraph, or editorial as this abomination! This reeking evil does not deserve to share a place with TMNT!
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 erie_enigma

[QUOTE="pizzamanopenup"]lol You guys are unrelentless. I really don't think it sucks THAT much. I like it. A lot.imnotwhite
True I liked it as much as teenage mutant ninja turtles!///////////////////////////ew

the 'new' TMNT or the original?  Either way I would have to disagree wholeheartedly at any comparison!

MacUser511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MacUser511
Look, the old TMNT is something I will cherish forever as a childhood memory. The new one... ugh. Its a bastardization of the show.
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RandomHero1337
Look, the old TMNT is something I will cherish forever as a childhood memory. The new one... ugh. Its a bastardization of the show.MacUser511

Believe me... I know what you mean and agree with you completely. I also remember watching the old TMNT show and, at the time, it really was something truly original. But to me it seems as if they have simply forgotten what made the series so great and instead are now trying far too hard to make them "hip" (for lack of a better word).
JakeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JakeX
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
Yes, you were definitely lacking a better word. Anyway, this is better than the Cd-i videos (Link doesn't have a mullet anymore!), but still bad enough that I yelled WHYYYYYY?! at the top of my lungs.
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pizzamanopenup

For some reason, I don't remember watching much TMNT when I was younger. Although, I do remember having a donnatello action figure that shot pizzas.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 imnotwhite

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="pizzamanopenup"]lol You guys are unrelentless. I really don't think it sucks THAT much. I like it. A lot.erie_enigma

the 'new' TMNT or the original?  Either way I would have to disagree wholeheartedly at any comparison!

The original one! With the overusage of "cowabunga"
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

...please...do not scar me anymore, first I get reminded of the CD-I era, and now the horrible Cartoon ;_;

Zelda: Nice job, Hero

Link: Well exuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess

Ughhh, such filth, allow me to commit suicide.

Edit: Yeah, whatever, I wasn't paying attention...>___>

pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pizzamanopenup
It was actually nice job. But whatever.
LadySiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LadySiara
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
There's no "meh" option...tis not fair. I didn't absolutly hate it but it certainly wasn't very good. I remember rewatching one of the episodes recently and every now and then I could hear my friend in the other room giggle when she heard a funny line. It bothered me that they made Link out to be a horny teen instead of naive which the games tend to make him out to be.But lots of cheap laughs and I think that was the intent. I don't think the creators were trying to be pretentious at all.
ProfessorRaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ProfessorRaine
Member since 2005 • 1635 Posts
i don't think the creators were trying AT ALL to make this any good, personally
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

since we are all zelda fans we must make belive we like it (even though deep down inside we allhate it)

also the resone it suck so bad was because it had only 13 episode very unluky!!!!!

Leverish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Leverish
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
The show was made in the 80s, right? That would explain a lot.
ProfessorRaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ProfessorRaine
Member since 2005 • 1635 Posts
The show was made in the 80s, right? That would explain a lot.Leverish
that's true
ThunderChunky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 ThunderChunky1
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
I remember a long time ago at a groshery store I saw a VHS of Zelda but I didnt have time to look at it so I dont know anything about it.  All I remember is the cover which had Link and Zelda (she looked really messed up like she was hi or something.)
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RandomHero1337
I remember a long time ago at a groshery store I saw a VHS of Zelda but I didnt have time to look at it so I dont know anything about it. All I remember is the cover which had Link and Zelda (she looked really messed up like she was hi or something.)ThunderChunky1

Yes... the Zelda from the cartoon series (in the first picture) certainly does look a little strange, but that is nothing compared to the rendition of Zelda in the CD-I games (shown in the second picture). Just try not to stare at them too long, because your eyes might start to burn. :wink:

erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 erie_enigma

That tongue is hot!

Thanks for making me sick with the CD-I pics.... :?