Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

We already know that Link, Zelda, and a stage based on the Eldin Bridge from Twilight Princess will be included in the incoming new Smash Bros. game, yet it is fair to estimate that there will be more Zelda components on a variety of different levels.

What are some of the aspects from the Zelda universe that may be included in brawl and what are some of the aspects that you would like to see, but may not necessarily be in brawl?

(And for the record, it seems incredibly likely that Ganon will make it in and Sheik for that matter if that statement by Nintendo awhile back is actually correct.)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It would be cool if they had Ganon's castle or tower or whatever as a stage, with a bunch of redeads and other enemies to get in the way and make life more miserable

they could also make the wallmaster an assist trophy, and as you would expect, it would drop down, grab a character, and drag them all the way to the top and make them lose a life, and of course there would be a shadow to show where it lands and make people think "crap!" (like basically every other assist trophy)

And Ganon will hopefully comeback (which I also think is likely), and if he does,he would definetely be in his TP look, and maybe actually use the sword he has!

Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Link-from-Hell
Member since 2004 • 1343 Posts
What statement did Nintendo release concerning Shiek? Have you got a link by any chance?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

1) Ganon must make use of that completely bad-ass sword he uses in victory poses. It looks beastly.

2) Zelda should be more of a melee character and less of a magic user, preferably a little less agile than Shiek, uses her TP sword, but still retains a couple of her signature magic attacks. Preferably Nayru's Love and Din's Fire (projectile reflecting diamond and fireball respectively) Though you can customize them quite a bit more.

3) Shiek should be toned down a bit from a tier 1 character, for that matter, quick characters should not automatically be better than power-based characters. I'm sick of entering tournaments and having 90% of the entries being Fox, Falco, Shiek, Marth and Peach.

4) Young Link = removed

5) Link = a bit faster, he was lower tiered in Melee

6) Wolf Link and Midna should appear in some manner, maybe just an assist trophy, but it would be neat.

7) I like that idea for a Wallmaster assist trophy.

8) Shiek and Zelda should be their own characters, that way each one doesn't lose a special attack.

9) Use locations from older Zelda games for levels, as opposed to just Twilight Princess which is what most developers would be inclined to do.

EDIT: dot dot dot

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
They should include Zant as a playable character.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gary_Jinfield

What statement did Nintendo release concerning Shiek? Have you got a link by any chance?Link-from-Hell

Here it is.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

Characters:

-Ganondorf (With Pig Ganon from OoT as final smash)

-Zelda, make more agile and maybe make Dins fire bigger and more effective

-Shiek, change the B and b moves to stuff a bit more useful

-Young Link, return but have seperate abilties to Adult Link. Posible new moves:

B, Slingshot

B left right, Bugcatching Net (just to be classic, deflects projectiles)

B up, Spin Attack (of course this has to stay)

B down, Pegasus Boots (can be charged, if in air instead you'll use a powerful sword downstrike like Link's down A already but much more effective and will push nearby foes out of the way if they're near your impact

Grab, Grappling Hook (can be held down to wait for opponent, whilst doing so he swing it around, this can also grab items for Link aswell as foes, can also be used to save from falls)

Stages:

-Tetra's Ship, I can really see them doing this

-Return of Great Bay

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I have a feeling midna is an assist trophy, but then again so far the trophies are classic game characters... LOL waht if it was a bunch of coocoos? like when link attacks themm? I just thought of that when i was typing ^.^
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJ-Lafleur

The coocoo assist trophy is interesting

or how about a Zant assist trophy where he will change what stage you're fighting in a few times (like he did in TP when you fought him), and when he disappears you'll go back to the stage you initially chosen, of course.

mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

4) Young Link = removed

metroid_dragon

Nah.

Now that they've stopped using OOT's character designs, if they put him in, I would of thought it'd be cel-shaded link. Which would be pretty nice.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gary_Jinfield

radicalplace

You want Shiek to be even more useful? On the competitive level, a Shiek player is often unstoppable thanks to the combos and speed available.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
[QUOTE="radicalplace"]

Gary_Jinfield

You want Shiek to be even more useful? On the competitive level, a Shiek player is often unstoppable thanks to the combos and speed available.

I have never seen an unstopable shiek or a shiek anywhere near that. Shieks attacks are weak but she has speed. Her combos are meh.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

radicalplace

I have never seen an unstopable shiek or a shiek anywhere near that. Shieks attacks are weak but she has speed. Her combos are meh.

Gary's absolutely correct, I've played in a large number of competitive smash bros tourneys and Shiek is definitely a tier 1 character.I believe I said this earlier, but her, Marth, Fox, Peach and Falco all need to be toned down.

Btw, Shiek has many devastating combos as her disposal.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

metroid_dragon

Gary's absolutely correct, I've played in a large number of competitive smash bros tourneys and Shiek is definitely a tier 1 character.I believe I said this earlier, but her, Marth, Fox, Peach and Falco all need to be toned down.

This would probably explain why I kick so much ass as Marth and Fox. :P

nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

DJ-Lafleur

For the tier to really show, there needs to be some real expert players fighting each other. I have a friend who is "okay" at the game. He knows some advanced techniques, and he was trying to get comfortable with fighting as Fox. It takes quite a bit of work to master some of those tier 1 characters. I could beat him with a much lower tier character, but when it came to fighting another friend of mine, I have to be in the upper or top tiers to be able to beat him. The tiers do show, and you are right, they probably do need to be toned down . . . just a bit. :P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

nazguldragon15

For the tier to really show, there needs to be some real expert players fighting each other. I have a friend who is "okay" at the game. He knows some advanced techniques, and he was trying to get comfortable with fighting as Fox. It takes quite a bit of work to master some of those tier 1 characters. I could beat him with a much lower tier character, but when it came to fighting another friend of mine, I have to be in the upper or top tiers to be able to beat him. The tiers do show, and you are right, they probably do need to be toned down . . . just a bit. :P

Yes, You really do need some expert players playing each other for them to show, but 1 expert player among a group of advanced players still will win the vast majority of the time. I'm an advanced player. I can hold my own against the vast majority of people, but I still have difficulty pulling off moves that essentially rely on "breaking" the game mechanics such as Wavedashing.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#17 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

First of all, I really do hope Midna will be i SSBB, I mean, she could have really cool moves, and in TP she was more important to the story than Zelda was. I have said thid before somewhere, but I think her finalsmash should be to take on the fused shadows and become that migthy creature.

I hope they won't have a young Link, because he was to simular to adult Link. I wouldn't be to surpriced to see Vaati in the game. Ganondorf should return, but not as a lame Captain Falcon rip-off like in SSBM. I certainly hope Sheik will appear, but I doubt it. Honestly guys. It is ten years since OoT, which is the only Zelda game she has been in (unless there is something I don't know). There are other characters that is in some of the newer games and that migth come. Linebeck for instance, however he can't be in because he is a coward and he doesn't belong in a Zelda game. I hope for Tingle to be in Brawl.

Courses: The bridge of Eldin isn't that great, so I'd love to see another course as well. I surgest a twilligth realm stage. A stage with the ghost ship in PH would also be cool.

Assist throphies: If Tingle is not a character, he sure could be an assist trophy. Zant is also an option. He could be for the assist trophies like Clefeary is for the Pokemon. The frog people that help you warp could be there.

Items: I think it would be cool if rupees would be appearing. When you collect enough rupees, you get an item. For instance, ten rupees and you get a banana. Other items? I don't know, maybe the crossbow. I'm sure there will be some items from Zelda. The hearth container might return.

god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="radicalplace"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="radicalplace"]

DJ-Lafleur

well anyone can kick ass with Marth, hes a noob character.

the Tier order goes Fox, Falco, Shiek, then Marth in that order. i dont see how Marth is the lowest in the triangle, seeing as he has pretty much good everything. average speed, the famous "marth tip," amazing smash attack, easiest to wavedash with, counter comes in handy sooo much, he's pretty much set up so noobs can just counter then smash, over...and over... and over again. luckily if hes used the right way, he isnt completely dominant.

well in brawl, it would be nice to see an appearance of link's TP Wolf form. sweet items could be instead of the bunny ears, the three masks that change u into a deku, goron, or zora. the deku mask can be the negative item, kinda like the shrinking mushrrom item, no one wants it....then for the rest...everyone already said it :P but for some off topic stuff i want in Brawl...an appearance of Lloyd and Kratos from Tales of Symphonia!!!! know one here can say that wouldnt be kick ass.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metroid_dragon

well anyone can kick ass with Marth, hes a noob character.

the Tier order goes Fox, Falco, Shiek, then Marth in that order. i dont see how Marth is the lowest in the triangle, seeing as he has pretty much good everything. average speed, the famous "marth tip," amazing smash attack, easiest to wavedash with, counter comes in handy sooo much, he's pretty much set up so noobs can just counter then smash, over...and over... and over again. luckily if hes used the right way, he isnt completely dominant.

well in brawl, it would be nice to see an appearance of link's TP Wolf form. sweet items could be instead of the bunny ears, the three masks that change u into a deku, goron, or zora. the deku mask can be the negative item, kinda like the shrinking mushrrom item, no one wants it....then for the rest...everyone already said it :P but for some off topic stuff i want in Brawl...an appearance of Lloyd and Kratos from Tales of Symphonia!!!! know one here can say that wouldnt be kick ass.

god_yggdrasil

I dunno, I find most noobs prefer Roys higher damage over Marth's speed, but that's just between me and the people I play with.

Tales of Symphonia characters are an excellent idea; Kratos being the ideal includion (one of his costumes can be Zelos like Peach and Daisy).