Sadly... The gamecube version of Twilight Princess is just plain better. (IMO)

Maester_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Maester_Link
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
So yeah.  I think that the GC version of this game is better than the Wii.  I have played (and beaten) both and I personally like the GC version for a number of reasons. 

1. Link is left handed in this game.  Like he always has been.
2. Maybe it will take a while to grow on me, but the whole Wiimote situation I just don't like.  I don't liek moving to make Link move.  I don't like tha annoying game-play that comes along with it.

Well that is my opinion.

Anty thoughts?
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
The Wiimote hasn't been perfected for the sword but the aiming is so much easier and I think that swinging the Wiimote is so much more immersive than pushing a button. Just wait til the next Zelda, they'll have the controls perfected for the game then. And how don't you like the minigames w/ the Wiimote? That's just crazy...
Maester_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maester_Link
Yeah I just liked the GC version better.

The mini games were ok... Just tedious IMO.

But yeah I agree about the Next Zelda.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I like the Wii remote controls better than the button controls now... maybe not as much the sword swinging but the aiming for sure is better on Wii.
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
I dont think Link being left handing in the GC version should actually sway some peoples opinion on the game.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I too have beaten both versions and i think that there are some ups and downs to both. Like Master Link stated, link is lefthanded as always. In the gamecube version, when about to charge up for a spin attack, if you hold the b button, you can run while holding the sword back. ( i personaly think thats cool ). Secondly, if you dont like the pointer just turn it off. I do like the battle system and the idea of pointing the remote like a bow/ clawshot etc. Also the fact that its mirriored is cool too. In conclusion i dont have a preference. :P
X_Facter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 X_Facter
Member since 2006 • 3158 Posts
yeah no gc version sucks
obi_rau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 obi_rau
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
I love the wii mote controls
rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rolanthas
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
I liked the GC version better as well. I don't have any problems with analog aiming, since I turn off the pointer in the Wii version anyway. On GC's control scheme, I can fight more easily with greater precision, especially on horseback . But it really comes down to which version you played first.I just think it would be much more better if they included an option to play the wii version with GC controllers.
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

I haven't played either though I do have the Wii version but no Wii. I'm pretty sure I'd like the Wii version more. It seems like I'd get in the game more. The Wii controls would make it more immersive.

And Link being left handed is the stupidest reason you could come up with. It doesn't make the game better.:|

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts
I think I disagree on everything you said in the post. I'm not surprised that you think the GC version is better when you don't even like the wiimote. Personally, I love the wiimote. It might happen that the controls could've been even more perfected, but I'm having no doubts that these controls are better than the GC version. I would never go back to the GC controller if I don't have to, and I don't even want to try the GC version (I wanted to try both versions at first, but now after playing the Wii version, I'm not dissapointed with the controls at all and I'm 100% sure that I will like the Wii version better).
anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#12 anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts
It would have been fun if Link had been left handed in the Wii version as well. Everybody could´ve played with the wiimote in their left hands.

Link IS left handed and no wiimote can ever change that.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
The weirdest thing about the mirror for me was when Link was shaking someone's hand and using his left hand ?_?
SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
I can understand it if people say they liked the GC version better if you liked the traditional controls more or they hated using the Wii mote, but saying that you didn't like the Wii version because Link was right-handed is a dumb arguement. Every Zelda fan knows he's traditionally left-handed, and I would have loved to see a left-handed Link on the Wii, but it's not a big deal. Also remember that this was Shigeru Miyamoto's idea for the Wii-version. Zelda TP played best on the system it was intended for. Besides aiming with pointer and fishing on the Wii, there really was no other benefits. The graphics were essentially the same, there was better camera control on the GC (the camera was never really an issue for me on the Wii) and swinging the sword with the Wii-mote took away some sword functionality. Overall each version stands well on their own.
Maester_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maester_Link
Liking the GC version better because of the fact Link is left-handed is not really STUPID.

It's just a preference and tradition I've grown up with.
linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts
Liking the GC version better because of the fact Link is left-handed is not really STUPID.

Maester_Link
If the Wii Link was left handed and the GC Link was right handed, I'm sure some Wii preferrers would point that out. It's like if Mario started shaving off his moustache. It's kinda weird :? It's not a definitive reason, but it's still A reason. I know a big reason for liking the Wii version more is because you feel more 'involved'. Personally, I only really felt it in the fishing mini-game. When I play the GC version, I still get immersed by the environment and music, and once you get that immersed in the game, even if you're pressing buttons your mind makes you feel like you're actually swinging the sword or you're actually aiming. People who've played the Wii version seem to have forgotten that I reckon. You gotta remember back to your memories of OoT, when you got into it, you felt like you WERE Link, not just playing him, and you didn't have the Wiimote back then. Anyways, I reckon it's the mindset which makes you feel that the GC version is not as immersive. Doesn't the Wii version have the 480i resolution or something that the GC version doesn't? I think that would be the main plus for the Wii.
Maester_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maester_Link
Are you talking about wide screen?
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
I would agree with you only on the part about Link being left-handed. Otherwise, I love the 16:9 presentation (this is a HUGE plus for all you HDTV owners out there) and seeing more on the left and right feels more natural. I also love using the Wiimote alot more to point and click at various object alot more that a controller. It makes the game alot more intense. Sorry, but left-handed Link is the only better part of the GC version in my opinion. The rest feels the same as before...
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 supermetroidfan

Maester_Link

No it is. It has no bearing on your actual enjoment of the game. It has no bearing on anything in the game. It's just a minor detail of the character. "I hate MC cause it's not the same hat he always has but a talking magical hat":|

Now that I have my Wii, I couldn't play it on the GC. It just feels so much better. I like aiming with Wiimote.

Maester_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maester_Link

[QUOTE="Maester_Link"]Liking the GC version better because of the fact Link is left-handed is not really STUPID.

supermetroidfan

No it is. It has no bearing on your actual enjoment of the game. It has no bearing on anything in the game. It's just a minor detail of the character. "I hate MC cause it's not the same hat he always has but a talking magical hat":|

Now that I have my Wii, I couldn't play it on the GC. It just feels so much better. I like aiming with Wiimote.

Dude no need flame. But it's just simple thing to me ok? Chill.
masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
It would have been fun if Link had been left handed in the Wii version as well. Everybody could´ve played with the wiimote in their left hands.

Link IS left handed and no wiimote can ever change that.
anzelm
masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
WHAT A DISCRACE SAYING TP ON GC IS BETTER THAN THE WII VERSION!AAHHHHHH! IS THE WORLD COMING TO AN END:evil::evil:
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="Maester_Link"]Liking the GC version better because of the fact Link is left-handed is not really STUPID.

Maester_Link

Dude no need flame. But it's just simple thing to me ok? Chill.

Yes avoid my point by saying I was flaming.