OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
In previous trailers, we've seen a fairy as the pointer, showing you where you're pointing on screen. Is that still part of the game? Because I haven't seen it in recent videos. I'm hoping it's gone, because that was quite annoying in the E3 trailers :|
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OhhSnap50893

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]In previous trailers, we've seen a fairy as the pointer, showing you where you're pointing on screen. Is that still part of the game? Because I haven't seen it in recent videos. I'm hoping it's gone, because that was quite annoying in the E3 trailers :|dvader654

Nope the fairy is there, it is your cursor and it does make noise every time you move it.  But for me it was no big deal at all.  For the most part I just kept my remote down so the fairy was always away from the screen.

Darn, I was hoping they decided to get rid of it. What kind of a noise does it make when you're moving it around?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
The same noise that Navi made when you pressed "A" to bring her out in Ocarina. jsut a quiet little chiming noise. Nothing annoying, and to be honest, the way to hold the controller during gameplay, the fairy is off the screen the vast majority of the time. Nor is it there when you're in frist person mode (ie when you shoot a bow or something).
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
It's really not an issue :P
MrSuicide_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSuicide_
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
Its not really annoying and most of the time your wii mote should be pointing away from anywhere on the screen during regular play so it shouldent be a problem. Also im glad they kept it so I could use quick shooting (point the fairy at the screen, run in, put the cursor over then enemy then press B then let go and it should shoot the enemy very quickly)
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
it's there, but it isnt an issue.  In fact, when playing the game it just kind of sits on the bottom of the screen, barely visible.  To be honest, I dont understand the point of the cursor though... other than for the menu navigation
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
[QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]In previous trailers, we've seen a fairy as the pointer, showing you where you're pointing on screen. Is that still part of the game? Because I haven't seen it in recent videos. I'm hoping it's gone, because that was quite annoying in the E3 trailers :|OhhSnap50893

Nope the fairy is there, it is your cursor and it does make noise every time you move it. But for me it was no big deal at all. For the most part I just kept my remote down so the fairy was always away from the screen.

Darn, I was hoping they decided to get rid of it. What kind of a noise does it make when you're moving it around?

You have the option of turning the fairy cursor off...... Thats the first thing I did when I played the game.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]In previous trailers, we've seen a fairy as the pointer, showing you where you're pointing on screen. Is that still part of the game? Because I haven't seen it in recent videos. I'm hoping it's gone, because that was quite annoying in the E3 trailers :|Gary_Jinfield

Nope the fairy is there, it is your cursor and it does make noise every time you move it. But for me it was no big deal at all. For the most part I just kept my remote down so the fairy was always away from the screen.

You have the option of turning the fairy cursor off...... Thats the first thing I did when I played the game.

DUUUUDE Whaaaaaaaat???
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]In previous trailers, we've seen a fairy as the pointer, showing you where you're pointing on screen. Is that still part of the game? Because I haven't seen it in recent videos. I'm hoping it's gone, because that was quite annoying in the E3 trailers :|nuck44

DUUUUDE Whaaaaaaaat???

You can? Sweetness :D Like RevFreak said, I imagine it would be useful for menu navigation but aside from that it's just a pain. It's not like they use it for pointing your bow or anything, that's entirely different.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OhhSnap50893
After reading the TP manual again, it sounds like if you turn it off then you control your aiming with the analog stick. It's worth it to keep it on :|
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gary_Jinfield
After reading the TP manual again, it sounds like if you turn it off then you control your aiming with the analog stick. It's worth it to keep it on :|OhhSnap50893

Depends on how much you like using a bow. Really, its not necessary as most combat situations are easily solved with the blade.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OhhSnap50893
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]After reading the TP manual again, it sounds like if you turn it off then you control your aiming with the analog stick. It's worth it to keep it on :|Gary_Jinfield

Depends on how much you like using a bow. Really, its not necessary as most combat situations are easily solved with the blade.

I'm almost sure I'd rather use the Wiimote for aiming the bow and other projectiles. That's one of the big reasons I'm getting it for the Wii rather than the GC.
bladeswinger77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 bladeswinger77
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc version
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OhhSnap50893
i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc versionbladeswinger77
I'm sure alot of people want the GC version because it's classic Zelda controls.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="bladeswinger77"]i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc versionOhhSnap50893
I'm sure alot of people want the GC version because it's classic Zelda controls.

Sword swing is most likely better on the Game Cube version as well. Swinging the Wii remote is somewhat imprecise, although precision is rarely needed.
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

NOT an issue at all as far as i am concerned, although for people who have not played it, they cannot fully understand why it is there, and that it does not matter, and also that it is not annoying as suggested. LS

skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts

i imagine either way is good to use, Wii-mote or the Gamecube controller.

i don't mean to rant, but i'm getting more and more frustrated with people dismissing 'old' styles when they suddenly find a new style more suiting. like any older game, 2D scrolling/platform games for example, people who now play 3D games say 'oh, i can never go back to 2D games, they'd be too hard to control now' - you spend about 10/20 minutes with any game, and you'll master it - no matter how old it is!

i read on the Gears of War forum, people saying 'after playing GoW i find going back to Halo (which i do not like) and F.E.A.R (which i do like!) impossible' - i think to myself, you that thick then that you can readjust your playing style?! yeah, GoW does it so simple and fun, but c'mooooonnn! meh at some gamers, heh.

GeneralMBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 GeneralMBison
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="bladeswinger77"]i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc versionOhhSnap50893

The difference of GC version to the Wii version is that the world of Hyrule is reversed in the GC version. So instead of finding the desert in the east, it will be in the west while Death Mountain is now in the east not the west.

MagicWyvern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MagicWyvern
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
HELP ME!!!  I CAN'T EVEN GET THOSE DAMN GOATS INTO THE DAMN BARN!!!!!!!!!!
MagicWyvern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MagicWyvern

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I BREAKE THE GAME AND MY CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!????

tubbs_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tubbs_master
Member since 2005 • 261 Posts
question people? can u get back into the temple of time after u completed it? cause im trying to find the last golden bug, i was getting pissed off and i couldnt find it. so i looked on gamefaqs and it said to go there but i cant.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OhhSnap50893
question people? can u get back into the temple of time after u completed it? cause im trying to find the last golden bug, i was getting pissed off and i couldnt find it. so i looked on gamefaqs and it said to go there but i cant.tubbs_master
Read the stickies! Anything with a spoiler needs to be in spoiler brackets. -_-
MagicWyvern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MagicWyvern
What do you get for getting them all?
bane1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bane1190
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts

i imagine either way is good to use, Wii-mote or the Gamecube controller.

i don't mean to rant, but i'm getting more and more frustrated with people dismissing 'old' styles when they suddenly find a new style more suiting. like any older game, 2D scrolling/platform games for example, people who now play 3D games say 'oh, i can never go back to 2D games, they'd be too hard to control now' - you spend about 10/20 minutes with any game, and you'll master it - no matter how old it is!

i read on the Gears of War forum, people saying 'after playing GoW i find going back to Halo (which i do not like) and F.E.A.R (which i do like!) impossible' - i think to myself, you that thick then that you can readjust your playing style?! yeah, GoW does it so simple and fun, but c'mooooonnn! meh at some gamers, heh.

skullflower
Yeh, you not a good gamer unless you can re-adjust(no offence to ny1!!!)
bane1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bane1190
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts
This is what you get for getting all the bugs [spoiler] a bigger wallet that holds 1000 rupees. [/spoiler]
Avatar image for Dark_Master5151
Dark_Master5151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Dark_Master5151
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts
You can get rid of the fairy? Never knew that, but ti doesn't matter to me it/he/she never bothered me at all infact, I thought it was a nice touch to the game brought OoT memories back to me.
LordAbyssion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LordAbyssion
Member since 2005 • 11247 Posts
You can get rid of the fairy? Never knew that, but ti doesn't matter to me it/he/she never bothered me at all infact, I thought it was a nice touch to the game brought OoT memories back to me.Dark_Master5151
yes, you can, if you turn off the pointer in options menu.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Dark_Master5151"]You can get rid of the fairy? Never knew that, but ti doesn't matter to me it/he/she never bothered me at all infact, I thought it was a nice touch to the game brought OoT memories back to me.LordAbyssion
yes, you can, if you turn off the pointer in options menu.

Never knew that. I didn't mind it, but some of my friends were complaining about it, and here I was telling them there was nothing they could do about it. My bad.
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 johnny139
Member since 2005 • 4036 Posts

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="bladeswinger77"]i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc versionGeneralMBison

The difference of GC version to the Wii version is that the world of Hyrule is reversed in the GC version. So instead of finding the desert in the east, it will be in the west while Death Mountain is now in the east not the west.

No, it was reversed in the Wii version. Sorry to nitpick, but that annoys the hell out of me. It was for GC first, so any differences in the Wii versions are about the Wii version.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="GeneralMBison"]

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"][QUOTE="bladeswinger77"]i really dont see the point in even buying the GC version, unless your really poor, or just dont want to go out and upgrade to a better system. the whole wii-mote aiming is probably one of the largest advantages compared to the gc versionjohnny139

No, it was reversed in the Wii version. Sorry to nitpick, but that annoys the hell out of me. It was for GC first, so any differences in the Wii versions are about the Wii version.

Exactly. Note to everyone: Just remember that Link is naturally left handed. Since he was right handed in the Wii TP, it speaks for itself which was the copy.