Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts

Being the Zelda fanatic I am, Phantom Hourglass is deffenantly my most anticipated game, but theres only one problem....I dont own a DS, so should i buy a DS for it? I'm not sure...cuz I would only really use it for Phantom Hourglass and if they released another ds zelda that, but is it really worth the investment, becaus i dont own a next gen home console yet, and i really want a 360 or a Wii (even though the Wii is kinda the same deal, mostly for Brawl and the prospect of a new console Zelda)
so what do you think?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Honestly is depends on the type of platforms you prefer to game on. I prefer home consoles myself; Larger screens, able to sit comfortable on a couch and so forth. As opposed to hunching over this tiny screen for the DS. I don't have a heck of a lot of use for the portability because all my friends have most home consoles as well so we just bring our games over to each other's houses.

The DS has quite a few more very good games than the Wii at the moment. That may change in time but for now if you don't care about the platform I recommend getting the DS and Phantom Hourglass simply because it will also help you be able to play many of the other must plays out there for the DS. (Adv. Wars DS, Pokemon Diamond\Pearl, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros, Phoenix Wright, Castlevania (both))

If you prefer a home console, go with the Wii, you got Twilight Princess, Warioware Smooth Moves, Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Paper Mario, plus all the Virtual Console games.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

If your on the road a lot get a ds. Or you spend at least 15 hours a week playing games at home get a wii gives you something to look forward to after a long day of school. Get a DS Lite if you want to play online more but now with more online games coming to the wii (rainbow six?) Right now your best choice is the Wii. Phantom hourglass will definitely be a great game (but prolly not as intense or combat focused as TP).

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.....PIECES.

But not bashing the wii here. If your more into action and you can afford xbox live and played halo 1 or 2 or a demo of bioshock .......BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY RIGHT NOW GET A 360! BUTT........lol butt....but that's only if your willing to pay the fee if your gonna be home a lot and you have friends or social skills.

If ssbb is online get the wii.....or WIN A FREE WII OR XBOX 360 FOR FREE. ALL WE NEED IS YOUR CREDIT CARD AND ITS FREE. FREE. FREE. FREE.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I don't think getting a DS just for Phantom Hourglass is worth it (Unless you want it really badly). You might want to check out the list of released and upcoming games for the DS.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metroid_dragon

If your on the road a lot get a ds. Or you spend at least 15 hours a week playing games at home get a wii gives you something to look forward to after a long day of school. Get a DS Lite if you want to play online more but now with more online games coming to the wii (rainbow six?) Right now your best choice is the Wii. Phantom hourglass will definitely be a great game (but prolly not as intense or combat focused as TP).

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.....PIECES.

But not bashing the wii here. If your more into action and you can afford xbox live and played halo 1 or 2 or a demo of bioshock .......BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY RIGHT NOW GET A 360! BUTT........lol butt....but that's only if your willing to pay the fee if your gonna be home a lot and you have friends or social skills.

If ssbb is online get the wii.....or WIN A FREE WII OR XBOX 360 FOR FREE. ALL WE NEED IS YOUR CREDIT CARD AND ITS FREE. FREE. FREE. FREE.

imnotwhite

Honestly I agree, I've probably gotten 3x the play time out of my 360 as opposed to my Wii. It's a great system and all, it's just lacking great games. (give it another 6 months, then it'll definantly be worth buying one.)

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I can almost guarantee that you will get a lot more enjoyment out of your DS than any of the nex-... err... current gen consoles. I've definitely enjoyed my DS a lot more so far, and Phantom Hourglass could improve that experience even more in a few weeks. There are a lot of great games, and chances are you'll find multiple DS games that catch your interest if you give it a chance. If nothing else, the DS has opened me up to a wide variety of genres, where as before I was almost strictly a Zelda, Mario, and RPG gamer.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

There is technically one other Zelda title available for the DS at the moment that everyone always seems to forget, Tingle RPG!:P

That Zelda game may require some rather specific taste to enjoy though...

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imnotwhite

I was trying to forget

Man i wish nuck was here did he ever finish tales of symphonia?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroid_dragon

I was trying to forget

imnotwhite

Best RPG of last generation, played it 3 times. Are you looking for any specific information on it? :P

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

I was trying to forget

metroid_dragon

Best RPG of last generation, played it 3 times. Are you looking for any specific information on it? :P

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gary_Jinfield

I was trying to forget

imnotwhite

Nuck has joined Sony...

Although I'm sure he will still play Phantom Hourglass, as he does still have a DS, I think...

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I would highly recomend both systems. But trying to judge your character by your post I think your a home console guy. In which case Wii will do great but so many people buy a DS and are suprised how much they end up using it. It seems also that you might be a tight budget guy, in which DS is really great, cheap games, cheaper unit and mobile. Plus that phantom hourglass.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

I was trying to forget

Gary_Jinfield

Nuck has joined Sony...

Although I'm sure he will still play Phantom Hourglass, as he does still have a DS, I think...

He went over to the dark side! :o

(just kidding :))

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

I was trying to forget

Gary_Jinfield

Nuck has joined Sony...

......HE MUST DIE!

Lol. but anyway back on topic i've beaten tales 3 times and now working on using techs only.

but anyway yeah PH may be a great game but prolly easy too

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
What's with all the Sony hating ? :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ-Lafleur

What's with all the Sony hating ? :PNWA_31

Well, again, I was joking, I'm a Sony fan, myself (though I may be a liitle bit more of a Nintendo fan).

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gary_Jinfield

What's with all the Sony hating ? :PNWA_31

Nuck went from an ultimate rant about how awful Sony is to praising the Ps3 and stating that Nintendo doesn't cut it for him anymore.:P

But this isn't a thread about Nuck, despite his natural charisma and enigmatic personality.:P

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Correct! So my thoughts are....

You have to agree with imnotwhite: if you spend all your time at home and rarely on the road, don't do it. Plus, getting a most-likely $200 or more handheld for one game won't cut it. But if your like my brotherwho buys these chips and downloads like 24 DS games from the computer into one game card, then thats cool.

Because spending a whole lot of money on a handheld you're only using for the purpose of one game isn't that cool. You're just wasting money for almost no reason. I say: if someone you know owns a DS, borrow it. Wait for them to get the game and borrow it. Best deal,AND it invovles no money :P

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gary_Jinfield

You have to agree with imnotwhite: if you spend all your time at home and rarely on the road, don't do it. Plus, getting a most-likely $200 or more handheld for one game won't cut it. But if your like my brotherwho buys these chips and downloads like 24 DS games from the computer into one game card, then thats cool.

Because spending a whole lot of money on a handheld you're only using for the purpose of one game isn't that cool. You're just wasting money for almost no reason. I say: if someone you know owns a DS, borrow it. Wait for them to get the game and borrow it. Best deal,AND it invovles no money :P

GamerGirlPwnz

But it is a Zelda game after all...

Isn't that downloading practise somewhat frowned upon by Nintendo? Not to mention it is most likely illegal, although it does save quite a bit of money if one can download 24 games for free.

Despite the DS' handheld nature, the gameplay and games is often different enough to warrant playing the system at home, with Phantom Hourglass serving as a perfect example of a game that could not be done on other systems.

There is such a great variety in games available for the DS that even if one buys it simply for Phantom Hourglass, one is likely to find another game one is interested in on the system.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

Gary_Jinfield

Isn't that downloading practise somewhat frowned upon by Nintendo? Not to mention it is most likely illegal, although it does save quite a bit of money if one can download 24 games for free.

Despite the DS' handheld nature, the gameplay and games is often different enough to warrant playing the system at home, with Phantom Hourglass serving as a perfect example of a game that could not be done on other systems.

There is such a great variety in games available for the DS that even if one buys it simply for Phantom Hourglass, one is likely to find another game one is interested in on the system.

Yes, or you could always be a little different as well. I mean, before the DS, I've never played a Castlevania game, but I decided to get Dawn of Soulas, and have never regretted that decision, and now have plenty of Handheld Castlevanias now. And I bought Luminous Arc on the DS, which is completely new game that's not part of a series or anything, but I decided to buy it just for the hell of it since it sounded interesting from what I read in a magazine, and I didn't regret buying that game either.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

DJ-Lafleur

Yes, or you could always be a little different as well. I mean, before the DS, I've never played a Castlevania game, but I decided to get Dawn of Soulas, and have never regretted that decision, and now have plenty of Handheld Castlevanias now. And I bought Luminous Arc on the DS, which is completely new game that's not part of a series or anything, but I decided to buy it just for the hell of it since it sounded interesting from what I read in a magazine, and I didn't regret buying that game either.

Man i missed pyramid quoting! Both those games you mentioned are great. But I'm still not big on castlevania but, I think you shuold get a Wii. And if you want a DS jsut borrow one
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

imnotwhite

Man i missed pyramid quoting! Both those games you mentioned are great. But I'm still not big on castlevania but, I think you shuold get a Wii. And if you want a DS jsut borrow one

If you would use it only for Zelda, then borrow one, however I can gauruntee you that you will find a huge amount of games that you will enjoy for the system. It's more than worth it to buy your own system and games.

Also, I do not reccomend the installation of a mod chip/FlashME, besides the fact that it's illegal you run the risk of bricking your DS either in the process of getting it installed, or through Nintendo releasing a patch. Nintendo just released a patch that bricked all modded Wii's a few weeks back.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

metroid_dragon

If you would use it only for Zelda, then borrow one, however I can gauruntee you that you will find a huge amount of games that you will enjoy for the system. It's more than worth it to buy your own system and games.

Also, I do not reccomend the installation of a mod chip/FlashME, besides the fact that it's illegal you run the risk of bricking your DS either in the process of getting it installed, or through Nintendo releasing a patch. Nintendo just released a patch that bricked all modded Wii's a few weeks back.

.........JUST GET A WII!

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

imnotwhite

.........JUST GET A WII!

But you can't play Phantom Hourglass on a Wii.:P

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"]

Gary_Jinfield

.........JUST GET A WII!

But you can't play Phantom Hourglass on a Wii.:P

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
DS has alot of good game coming out, so I think it's a good investment.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I did the EXACT same thing. I just bought a ds becasue of this game. I bought a used originonal DS.
-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

I did the EXACT same thing. I just bought a ds becasue of this game. I bought a used originonal DS. zeldafreak4life

How much did you get it for.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
i bought this game just a few hours ago, i don't own a DS but my sister does, i'd say it's a good investment
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
80 dollars ( american )