RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
Now don't start crying just yet, seeing how this has yet to be officially confirmed... but reports from the most recent Comic-Con in San Diego suggest that Nintendo has stated they do in fact plan on pushing PH back to a 2007 release (possibly an early 2007 release if that is the case). Like I mentioned before, we should all take this with a grain of salt for the time being. Anyways, here is the report if you would like to judge for yourself...

" Speaking with somebody yesterday (sorry, I have not had sleep in 36 hours and chose sleep over posting on the internet) from Nintendo, it was confirmed Phantom Hourglass was not at Comic-Con because it they wanted to focus solely on 2006 software, and the latest title at the con was Elite Beat Agents, which Nintendo confirmed was scheduled to be out for November 2006.

The Nintendo rep revealed that the earliest we would see Phantom Hourglass would be this Christmas, but more than likely it will fall back until 2007. "

It should also be noted that Gamestop has shown the release to be 3/1/07 as of recently, but remember the simple fact that it's Gamestop. But for some good news, Twilight Princess looks to still be on track. Here is the said excerpt from the same source as above regarding TP...

" However, Twilight Princess is scheduled to still be a launch title for Wii, and despite what Nintendo of Europe has said, this source also stated Twilight Princess was the final title for the North American version, although the European version could see a name change - it’s been known to happen the source said. "

*all information gathered from Go Nintendo

Leverish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Leverish
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
I wouldn't be very surprised if it does get delayed, but I don't think it will be a Twilight Princess.
obolishknig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 obolishknig
Member since 2004 • 837 Posts
It better not be since Im in dire need of a DS zelda game...
Schmanse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Schmanse
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts
that would totally stink if they cancel it.  i really wanna get that as soon as i possibly can.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
Nobody said anything about cancelling the game, just delaying it.  That's a term we should all be familiar with by now.  (You know if Ninty had stuck to their original release date for TP, we'd all have beat it by now? :(  )

I actually wouldn't mind if this is delayed.  yeah, I really want to play it, but I don't even have my DS yet (that will be corrected in a few weeks.)  TP is pretty much confirmed that it will still launch on time, so that will satisfy most of us for the time being. I wasn't sure PH was getting enough development time anyway, so this should take care of that.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I don't remember them announcing a release date. It would make little sense to release 2 Zelda games within a few months of each other :)
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RandomHero1337
I don't remember them announcing a release date. It would make little sense to release 2 Zelda games within a few months of each other :)nuck44
Well, I guess to some people it just seemed like a given that it would be released later this year... which is still a possibility. But I agree completely that they should separate the releases of PH and TP in order to give each game a little "breathing-room", so to speak.
Leverish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Leverish
[QUOTE="RandomHero1337"]
I don't remember them announcing a release date. It would make little sense to release 2 Zelda games within a few months of each other :)nuck44
Well, I guess to some people it just seemed like a given that it would be released later this year... which is still a possibility. But I agree completely that they should separate the releases of PH and TP in order to give each game a little "breathing-room", so to speak.

Unless Phantom Hourglass is a cheap 3 hour long cash-in! :shock:

You heard it hear first!
MELITO1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MELITO1
Member since 2006 • 1849 Posts

i wanna ask something is the game the minish cap a really cool adventure?i havent play it yet but maybe i mma buy it tommorrow so.. i just want to be sure if is really good so wat do you think of that game let me know by comments in my profile.

blazewind191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 blazewind191
Member since 2005 • 3557 Posts
not surprised. stupid zelda developers are always delaying their games they suck because they delay too much. just please hurry up with the freakin' game, you idiots.
blazewind191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 blazewind191
Member since 2005 • 3557 Posts
[QUOTE="blazewind191"]not surprised. stupid zelda developers are always delaying their games they suck because they delay too much. just please hurry up with the freakin' game, you idiots.

sorry but delays really piss me off. after i (and pretty much everyone else) waited 2 damn years for TP and its still not out, this really gets to me
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RandomHero1337
[QUOTE="blazewind191"][QUOTE="blazewind191"]not surprised. stupid zelda developers are always delaying their games they suck because they delay too much. just please hurry up with the freakin' game, you idiots.

sorry but delays really piss me off. after i (and pretty much everyone else) waited 2 damn years for TP and its still not out, this really gets to me

Believe me, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same exact way you do about the whole delay thing... but when you really think about it all of these delays work out for the better in the end. The question that you have to personally ask yourself is "do I want a rushed and incomplete game just so I can play it earlier, or would I rather have an amazing game that is everything I thought it would be and more thanks to some minor delays."
MacUser511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MacUser511
Member since 2005 • 831 Posts
Gotta agree with RandomHero here. If I want something good, you had better be ready to wait a bit for it. However, if the final product isn't as good as advertised, then thats when you get upset. If those extra months that were tacked onto TP were worth it (I know they will be) then all will be well.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
Well, I'm not bothered with a delay, seeing as it will give more time to enhance all the features within the game. As long as it doesn't end up like Twilight Princess, I'll be ok with delays.
Leverish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Leverish
[QUOTE="RandomHero1337"][QUOTE="blazewind191"][QUOTE="blazewind191"]not surprised. stupid zelda developers are always delaying their games they suck because they delay too much. just please hurry up with the freakin' game, you idiots.

Believe me, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same exact way you do about the whole delay thing... but when you really think about it all of these delays work out for the better in the end. The question that you have to personally ask yourself is "do I want a rushed and incomplete game just so I can play it earlier, or would I rather have an amazing game that is everything I thought it would be and more thanks to some minor delays."

I don't think it would be worth a delay just for the sake of using the Wii controller. V_V
Unknonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Unknonymous
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Even though I don't want a delay, I'll be happy as long as it comes out before my DS breaks.
ProfessorRaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 ProfessorRaine
Member since 2005 • 1635 Posts
uh... what do you mean, "breaks"?