zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Does anyone think that linebeck is by far one of the coolest and funniest zelda charecters ever? Linebeck=mgea pwnage
MagicWyvern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 MagicWyvern
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
I missed the preorder. Gamestop didn't have that bonus and there were no commericials.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#103 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I missed the preorder. Gamestop didn't have that bonus and there were no commericials.MagicWyvern
There are commercials, you just didn't see them. :P Look around Youtube, they have the commercials posted there.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

There have to be heart pieces, there just have too!:cry:

I'm not really missing the collection of bottles so far, there have been quite a few Zelda games without them. (Although they would be nice to have of course)

But how could they not have heart pieces, that just doesn't make sense, or are heart pieces available only in whole form? We may need to scour the entire sea to find our answers...

Gary_Jinfield

I read theinstruction booklet for the hell of itand I do believe you can find heart containers (and not just from bosses), but didn't find anything on heart containers. I don't understand why they would take away heart containers after having them ever since ALttP, but whatever. I started the game yesterday, but only got as far as when you first get to control the boat, and I expect to play it much more today.

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 zeldafreak4life
ive seen alot of commercials on tv. Just saying...
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 zeldafreak4life
And there are only heart containers. That makes the game 10 times easier ( kinda ). I mean the game is already easy. :( :/
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

what.. wha?

There are no heart pieces? They are a signture aspect of the series! I think this justifies a w-t-f.

zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 zeldafreak4life
Im at the final temple but im reluctant to beating the game. Its WAY TO SHORT!
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I guess it's because there are so many things to collect in PH, like boat parts, gems and treasures.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 REVOLUTIONfreak
You know, now that I think about it this game is unusually short given how long the development time was. I understand that it's a portable game, so I don't expect the length to be very long, but even the Minish Cap seemed to be longer IMO. I guess I should probably beat the game first to judge that though. :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DJ-Lafleur

The game may take me a bit longer then it should for me because I've been getting into the Wi-Fi a bit.

And yeah, no heart pieces, that really doesn't make much sense, I mean, sure it makes getting health much easier and makes it involve less work, but still...

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 REVOLUTIONfreak
Nintendo World Report gave Phantom Hourglass a 7.5.... IMO I think that's a good message to send to Nintendo, but overly harsh. Considering this is a portable game, it's still a very good game. As I say, even the worst Zelda game is one of the best action adventure games.
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 zeldafreak4life
I tried to take a while with it, i really did. I coulda beaten it on the second day i had it ( even if i had school ). But it was WAY to easy, WAY to short. But like it was previously stated, its a portable game. I couldnt be happier with the game. I LOVED IT! Linebeck is awesome tho. i would give it a 9.5/10 in completely fair ratings.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 REVOLUTIONfreak
I tried to take a while with it, i really did. I coulda beaten it on the second day i had it ( even if i had school ). But it was WAY to easy, WAY to short. But like it was previously stated, its a portable game. I couldnt be happier with the game. I LOVED IT! Linebeck is awesome tho. i would give it a 9.5/10 in completely fair ratings.zeldafreak4life
EGM pointed something out that I never would have realized otherwise.... but Linebeck really is a clone of Capt. Jack Sparrow. Think about it, he's a pirate, he's cowardly, sarcastic, and humorous. Is that not pretty much the same description of Jack Sparrow?
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#115 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts
[QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"]I tried to take a while with it, i really did. I coulda beaten it on the second day i had it ( even if i had school ). But it was WAY to easy, WAY to short. But like it was previously stated, its a portable game. I couldnt be happier with the game. I LOVED IT! Linebeck is awesome tho. i would give it a 9.5/10 in completely fair ratings.REVOLUTIONfreak
EGM pointed something out that I never would have realized otherwise.... but Linebeck really is a clone of Capt. Jack Sparrow. Think about it, he's a pirate, he's cowardly, sarcastic, and humorous. Is that not pretty much the same description of Jack Sparrow?

One difference: Linebeck isnt an alcholoic :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="zeldafreak4life"]I tried to take a while with it, i really did. I coulda beaten it on the second day i had it ( even if i had school ). But it was WAY to easy, WAY to short. But like it was previously stated, its a portable game. I couldnt be happier with the game. I LOVED IT! Linebeck is awesome tho. i would give it a 9.5/10 in completely fair ratings.REVOLUTIONfreak

Hmmmmmm, perhaps they are related? :shock:

zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 zeldafreak4life
Thats one of the reasons i love linebeck. He was hilaious. Also one thing ( and this is NOT A SPOILER ) Do u remember the part when link holds up the PHglass ( and spins around like he does when he gets an item ) then oshus snatches it from him? Link's expression = priceless. Kind of like he was thinking " omg i ALWAYS spin around when i hold up an item!" I laughed at that part. But now, i am greving the loss of PH. Not that i lost it, just that its over, and so soon. But all of the recent Zelda games have taken me no more than 2-3 days. TP=2 days, PH=2 days, etc. Its a shame they are so short.
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Chaos_Angel_14
Thats one of the reasons i love linebeck. He was hilaious. Also one thing ( and this is NOT A SPOILER ) Do u remember the part when link holds up the PHglass ( and spins around like he does when he gets an item ) then oshus snatches it from him? Link's expression = priceless. Kind of like he was thinking " omg i ALWAYS spin around when i hold up an item!" I laughed at that part. But now, i am greving the loss of PH. Not that i lost it, just that its over, and so soon. But all of the recent Zelda games have taken me no more than 2-3 days. TP=2 days, PH=2 days, etc. Its a shame they are so short.zeldafreak4life

:| you beat TP in 2 days.....
...are you even human? :P
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 zeldafreak4life

Most people did...... ( didnt they ?)

:|

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 REVOLUTIONfreak

Most people did...... ( didnt they ?)

:|

zeldafreak4life
Uh, NO!... it took me about a month to beat it overall. Well, maybe about three weeks total, I ended up playing the first two or three dungeons when I first got my Wii at launch, and then the console broke so I had to wait a few weeks to get it back and play it again. After that, I think it took me about two weeks.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

I really enjoy the laidback nature of Phantom Hourglass, it really does fit the portable setting, along with all the exploring and quirky antics of the various characters. I'm hoping to finish the game over this long weekend, (Its thanksgiving weekend in Canada) although at this rate it seems improbable.

I just spent to much time aimlessly exploring.:P Not to mention there are other tasks that one must accomplish outside of the video game realm.

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

Ive got my U.S import version now, it's so much easier and more fun getting in tune with the story.

Have any of you guys received the free Quil Stylus available after registering your game?

Those in Oz will get a free Zelda Chest, the game is out in November for them-

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preorderzeldabox500x200ck2.jpg

zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 zeldafreak4life
ooooh..... :? And i too enjoyed the nature of PH. I have explored alot as well but im not going to over play it because i fear i might grow tired of it ( something i never want to have to happen to a Zelda game ) Did anyone see they guy who impersonates link? You konw, that red haired guy who claims he saved the world from tyrany on his boat the prince of red lions? Very funny. 
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 REVOLUTIONfreak
ooooh..... :? And i too enjoyed the nature of PH. I have explored alot as well but im not going to over play it because i fear i might grow tired of it ( something i never want to have to happen to a Zelda game ) Did anyone see they guy who impersonates link? You konw, that red haired guy who claims he saved the world from tyrany on his boat the prince of red lions? Very funny.zeldafreak4life
Very funny. My rank is "Half Hero" at the moment. :lol: Apparently there are lots of uncharted isles and such within the game, you just need to take the time to explore everything.
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 zeldafreak4life
yeah... oh i just realized that i didnt add u to friends list. Imm gonna send u an invite.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DJ-Lafleur

I'm really enjoying PH, I am doing many side stuff right now in the game, so the game should last me a little while. I could certainly see why the game could beso short if you weren't to do many optional stuff, though.

And it took me a week or two to beat TP.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 NWA_31
Wow. TP in 2 days that's quite a feat. It took me 2 weeks (4, if you count all the sidequests) but then again, I wasn't playing it 24/7.
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 zeldafreak4life
Now i feel like a freak.... lol.. I was playing alot, and i mean ALOT of tp.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Gary_Jinfield
I think Twilight Princess took me around two weeks as well, or perhaps a little more.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DJ-Lafleur

Now i feel like a freak.... lol.. I was playing alot, and i mean ALOT of tp.zeldafreak4life

Yeah, we can tell. :roll:

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Gary_Jinfield
Zelda games are deviously addictive the first time through. You just want to keep playing.:P
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 zeldafreak4life
Yes! Such is a undeniable truth!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DJ-Lafleur
Zelda is definetely great and fun, but I still would never want to beat a game like TP in 2 days! o_O
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 zeldafreak4life
w/e jsut drop the topic of TP in 2 days.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 NWA_31

Now i feel like a freak.... lol.. I was playing alot, and i mean ALOT of tp.zeldafreak4life

Hence your username. :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DJ-Lafleur

w/e jsut drop the topic of TP in 2 days. zeldafreak4life

okay, sorry...I won't mention it again.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 REVOLUTIONfreak
Here is my review of Phantom Hourglass in case anyone is interested. I thought it was a really good game, even if it was kind of easy. It isn't as short as it's made out to be though, in my opinion... it's about the same length, if not a little longer, than Minish Cap was.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DJ-Lafleur
Yeah, PH isn't THAT short, then again, I've been doing alot of the side stuffin the adventure mode and plenty of battle mode. But I always do alot of sidestuff in other zelda games, as well...well, whatever, it's not that short to me.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#139 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
TP in two days!? wow, it took me 2 weeks to beat it, and i'm still only 2/3 done with PH and i've had it for a week and 2 days
Jonz_dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jonz_dk
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hey guys.

I guess there is no Europe countdown thread. The game just came out here, and i'm pretty excited having played through the first bit.

I feel like such a geek, since i've actually bought a DS lite just to play this game. I did the same with the Gamecube just to play Wind Waker. I've felt that way about Zelda since i first tried Ocarina of Time on a Nintendo 64. There's only two games that make me do stuff like that, and that's Zelda and World of Warcraft.

Reading through the thread it seems like i have a good time ahead of me :)

(And i'm still only a bit into Twilight Princess - bought the Wii a couple of weeks ago)

- Jonz

mentalabc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mentalabc123
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

I ordered PH tonight (It came out yesterday where I live).

Sounds really good. Can't wait to play it!

Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Chaos_Angel_14
I finally got it and its really good so far
but with that being said...
I dont know if I'm the only one here who feels this....but playing a handheld or topdown zelda is never as exciting or memorable experience as playing a 3D console one
like I remember the magic and intigue that came with loading up ocarina of time and majoras mask for there first times
or the massive amount of excitment and satisfaction that came with the gamecube zeldas (TP and WW)
but with PH....I'm just not getting that ( i didnt get it that much with Link to the Past or the Ages games ether)
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Gary_Jinfield

I dont know if I'm the only one here who feels this....but playing a handheld or topdown zelda is never as exciting or memorable experience as playing a 3D console one
like I remember the magic and intigue that came with loading up ocarina of time and majoras mask for there first times
or the massive amount of excitment and satisfaction that came with the gamecube zeldas (TP and WW)
but with PH....I'm just not getting that ( i didnt get it that much with Link to the Past or the Ages games ether)Chaos_Angel_14

Well, it may depend on what you expect in regards to Phantom Hourglass going into the adventure. Although the game is in 3D, the overall adventure has a more laid back nature when compared to the other 3D Zelda titles or other Zelda games in general, or at least it seemed like that in my play through. Being on the handheld and hence playable on the go, it seems a great deal more relaxed for the most part and quite accessible, yet oddly fresh. The touch controls do allow the game to exhibit a different feel when compared to past titles, with is certainly a positive.

It felt similar to Wind Waker, yet more low key in a way and less tedious to navigate.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

but with PH....I'm just not getting that ( i didnt get it that much with Link to the Past or the Ages games ether)Chaos_Angel_14

Mmm, I know what your talking about. but then, I've always been biased against handheld games because I dislike small screens. I think every GBA game I beat except for Metroid Fusion was done at least partially on my Gameboy Player.

I started playing through PH recently as well, and insofar it's pretty fun. The touch-mechanics work much better than I anticipated, and the game is not as easy as the more recent Zelda games, rather it's more along the lines of OoT's difficulty. I was surprised at how long into the game the first dungeon was. I must have had 3 hearts for at least a couple hours.

hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
Just finished the game. I loved it it was a lot of fun to play and it always kept me wanting to keep playing.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#146 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I haven't played it in a while but I hope to very soon. It's a very good game.