-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 -Pro-Link-
Member since 2006 • 6297 Posts
 Well, I'm in quite a quandry.  What is the difference between Ocarina of Time, and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest?
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
I never actually played Master Quest, but I believe the difference is that in MQ, the dungeons were reworked with stronger enemies and more difficult puzzles.  Other than that I think they are identical.
dimos222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dimos222
Member since 2004 • 58 Posts
The dungeons are more defficult at Masters Quest ... I ve played both but i didn't finish the MQ .Till the point i played both there is no other deference.
-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 -Pro-Link-
Member since 2006 • 6297 Posts
Okay.  Thank you.  In a way that game sounds a little pointless. :P
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#5 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
Okay. Thank you. In a way that game sounds a little pointless. :P-Pro-Link-
To be honest, it is pointless. Although the game may be more difficult, it's still Ocarina of Time, which means it still follows the same storyline, and everything. You're not really missing anything, you're just doing the same thing you did in the original, but with harder obstacles.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="-Pro-Link-"]Okay. Thank you. In a way that game sounds a little pointless. :PAravix
To be honest, it is pointless. Although the game may be more difficult, it's still Ocarina of Time, which means it still follows the same storyline, and everything. You're not really missing anything, you're just doing the same thing you did in the original, but with harder obstacles.

Pretty much. The only changed think is that the dungeons, bosses, and sidequests have all become more challenging. But that doesn't mean they don't follow the same storyline or gameplay :)
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

ITS BETTER! Ive beaten them both and MQ is  better becasue its harder. Just because its harder.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerGirlPwnz

ITS BETTER! Ive beaten them both and MQ is  better becasue its harder. Just because its harder.

zeldafreak4life

Lol, so just because its more challening you like it better? Cool :D Maybe in future Zelda games they should have a difficultly setting :lol:
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
The only difference I noticed was that MQ was a little more difficult so I prefered it over the original, I am always up for a good challange.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#10 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="-Pro-Link-"]Okay. Thank you. In a way that game sounds a little pointless. :PAravix

If it is a harder version of OoT it isn't completely pointless, at least not for those who have complained about the lack of dificulty in the latest titles. I really think they should make the Zelda games in more than one difficulty. You could at first finish it on the easy one (just to get the story) and then, you could try to beat the harder ones for challenge. The way it is now the really core Zelda fans try to finish it with only three hearth containers for challenge.

Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#11 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts

[QUOTE="Aravix"][QUOTE="-Pro-Link-"]Okay. Thank you. In a way that game sounds a little pointless. :PwaZelda

If it is a harder version of OoT it isn't completely pointless, at least not for those who have complained about the lack of dificulty in the latest titles. I really think they should make the Zelda games in more than one difficulty. You could at first finish it on the easy one (just to get the story) and then, you could try to beat the harder ones for challenge. The way it is now the really core Zelda fans try to finish it with only three hearth containers for challenge.

I wasn't trying to state that the game itself is totally pointless. I just think the idea is pointless. I understand the more difficult challenge, and that's a great idea, but I don't think I'm going to play OoT again just because it's a bit more of a challenge. The original OoT was pretty challenging, but I was younger at the time, too, and just getting into where to look for secrets, and stuff like that in Zelda games. I just think OoT was a flawless game, and didn't need to really be harder. Of course everyone can judge a game after they've beaten it, then point out what needs to be fixed.... but if you beat the game, you're either just a really hardcore gamer who beats games just to beat them, or you liked it.... and hopefully you beat it for the second reason. All I'm really trying to say is, I don't like game re-makes. I think that if you enjoyed the original title well enough, there's no need to add onto the original. But that's just my opinion.

*EDIT* I like the idea to add a difficulty setting. Either they could do that, or have some sort of harder challenge mode you can play the game through once you've beaten it once..... maybe even a harder mode for twice? or is that what you meant? :D
Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts
the difference lies in the dungeons - they still have the same layouts, but the puzzles are different, and the chests are in different locations.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Hey its all in the title, Master Quest.  For those who are real pro's at the game they buff up the action.  I thought it was really fun because even though it is the same game, there is a lot more to do in the dungeons with enemies you would see as a kid that you would not see until you were an adult in the regular game.  I've gotten up to the shadow temple in MQ
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
I LOVED the master quest for the challenge. It was hard and fun.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerGirlPwnz
the difference lies in the dungeons - they still have the same layouts, but the puzzles are different, and the chests are in different locations.queen_valentine
Yeah, I have to agree with that. I would personally prefer the original better; it shows the real difficulty Zelda games really are. If people prefer or want Zelda games to be harder/easier, then maybe someone can send a letter [via e-mail :P] to Nintendo stating that a difficulty setting should be applied; so at the begginging you can choose your difficulty :D
DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts
There's much more to it than just difficulty. And the only changes are to the Dungeons, none of the bosses or sidequests are changed (except for any gold Skullatas in the dungeons). A lot of it is where they could have made changes that make more sense or less sense in the case of Jabu-Jabu's Belly. Cows everywhere! Half the fun is seeing the graves and other things they put in to access the levels in different ways. Like the preexisting bombflowers in Dodongo's Cavernwere used in different ways like doing the top floor first.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGirlPwnz
:lol: Ok, I think the differences between the two have been disscussed thoroughly. For anyone who still doesn't know the differences, cheack the former posts. Its just a page long people, you can do it :lol: Thus, I'm going to lock it. Is that ok? :shock:
ff3138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 ff3138
Member since 2005 • 1508 Posts
is it harder or just different, for example, if someone never played the origanal OoT they won't be slowed down?
SilverRao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 SilverRao
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
Well one difference that one is for N64 and one is for gamecube.