Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

User Lists: 0

#1 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
Original article here.

Okami is deeply beautiful to our eyes, and it's a superb game. Twilight Princess, we feel, is a deeply brilliant game. But is Link's most recent adventure also beautiful? Okami's Director, Hideki Kamiya, was in Tokyo last week to pick up an Entertainment Award (for his work on Okami, natch) at the 10th Media Arts Festival, which is an event held annually by Japan's Agency for Cultural Affairs. (And that must have felt good, after Capcom's no-show at the AIAS awards.)

Kamiya was asked how he felt about Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and he explained: "To be frank, I was disappointed when I saw [Twilight Princess'] visuals. I'm a Zelda freak -- it's no overstatement to say that I created Okami because of Zelda. I really wanted [Twilight Princess] to have that regal aura, because Zelda was what we were aspiring to. I wanted it to show me things that were surprising, but..."
--
I've never played Okami. But if the game was inspired by Zelda, and the Director is a Zelda freak... maybe I should try to find it somewhere.

I thought TP's visuals were pretty good. Though I must admit they weren't all that I expected. I was satisfied either way.
Voodoo2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Voodoo2k3
Member since 2003 • 5630 Posts
I can see where he is coming from, Okami was a deeply innovative game while TP was less so, he expected it to be new and fresh when it's gameplay was really a carbon copy of past ones and the visuals were the OoT of today. Not to carve TP or anything, but I can easily see how a director of a game like Okami could be let down by TP.
ff3138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ff3138
Member since 2005 • 1508 Posts
Has ghe played OoT yet though(did not read article)
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

Its cool to know that other video game creators are actually "fans" of other seires

I find that really cool.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts

Its cool to know that other video game creators are actually "fans" of other seires

I find that really cool.

zeldafreak4life
Same :D I like it because that way the creators can compare thier work in a way that will determine it ratings and how the gamers prefer it. I mean, if a game creator was never a fan of any other games, how will [s]he know what to do? How will [s]he be able to judge their game? And maybe even in the future, the two series might collide :lol: :shock:
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

They could also get feedback. But he considered him self a "zeldafreak" therefore implying that he has played and really enjoyed the games.

(/) ( it's pacman)                                                                                                                                                                      

NS_Sonic204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NS_Sonic204
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

I find that really cool.

zeldafreak4life

I agree. D:
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Well, I just thought of something :shock: If Okami expected more from Zelda, why does't he ask Nintendo if he can work along them to see how they can perfect the next Zelda game? :P