billfdcsf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 billfdcsf
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

I was checking out gamedaily when I saw the had an interveiw with Eiji Aonuma and one of the questions stuck out

So speaking of that -- what's next for Link?

We introduced the cool Link in Twilight Princess and that story ended but there are other features of his character that we'd like to focus in on ... so you can look forward to something...

hmmmmmm.

By the way it's a very interesting Interview you should ALL check it out

http://gdc.gamedailyxl.com/2007/03/08/gdc-zelda-director-eiji-aonouma-interview?&ncid=AOLGAM000500000000009

Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#2 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
I think cell-shading is headed to the hand-held, and the realistic look is what we're gonna see on console now. At least until it's time for something new again.
billfdcsf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 billfdcsf
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

Thats one of the question that Game informer asked Eiji Aonuma

GI: I was at Koji Kondo’s speech yesterday, and I’m a huge fan of his. He showed a lot of old clips of previous Zelda games, and one was Wind Waker. Seeing that old toon-shaded link, I was like, “Oh I miss that on the console.” Are you planning on keeping the toon shaded link on portables and then the realistic Link on Wii?

Aonuma: When a player plays on a large screen, to make them feel like they’re actually a part of it I think that requires something very different from a small screen, where the player is interacting with a stylus. The big screen has to be convincing, so for that I think the realistic Link fits really well. The toon-shading style looks like a moving animation, so letting the player control that at their fingertips works out really well, too. So that might be the direction I’m going in.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Good find. I wouldn't be surprised to see the TP version of Link on the next Wii Zelda, since in the past Link's have appeared in two games at a time.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Cool :D :lol: I never thought that Link in Twilight Princess without his green tunics or his armor was referred to as Cowboy Link :lol: He actually looked more like a Farmer to me... :shock: I guess they're the same thing though :wink: