Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dmanofalcatraz
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

di you here about the new nintendo patent is sounds awesome Check it out

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=Nintendo.AS.&OS=AN/Nintendo&RS=AN/Nintendo

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I'll admit, this patent actually frightens me.

This sounds like Nintendo is patenting something to make the Zelda series more accessable to the casual gamer. This entire patent is to allow people to start playing at any scene they wanted, using some kind of a fluid saving system. The only way that could work properlly is if the game is incredibly linear.

Nintendo, do NOT screw this amazing series up to appeal to the casual gamer. You've screwed the hardcore gamer enough, isn't it time to give us a break?

I sincerly hope I'm mistaken in what I'm reading on that patent.

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
what cant you make it where oh idk where its clickable or just go ahead and tell us what it is just a thought
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

I'll admit, this patent actually frightens me.

This sounds like Nintendo is patenting something to make the Zelda series more accessable to the casual gamer. This entire patent is to allow people to start playing at any scene they wanted, using some kind of a fluid saving system. The only way that could work properlly is if the game is incredibly linear.

Nintendo, do NOT screw this amazing series up to appeal to the casual gamer. You've screwed the hardcore gamer enough, isn't it time to give us a break?

I sincerly hope I'm mistaken in what I'm reading on that patent.

metroid_dragon

Agreed. That, plus the 'hint' and 'digest' button. It seems Nintendo wants to simplify Zelda as much as possible.

If this turns out to be true, they'll never hear the end of it. o_0

nintedo doesn't use all of their patents.

thrubeingcool13

But the fact that they patented it means they're seriously considering it...

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

hopefully, those two things can be turned off in options.

thrubeingcool13

Well, I don't really care about the options themselves, I can always not use them.

I'm more worried about Nintendo's new approach on everything, especially my favorite Nintendo series: Zelda, Metroid and Mario.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="thrubeingcool13"]

hopefully, those two things can be turned off in options.

Gamer4Iife

Well, I don't really care about the options themselves, I can always not use them.

I'm more worried about Nintendo's new approach on everything, especially my favorite Nintendo series: Zelda, Metroid and Mario.

Exactly, even if the options can be turned off, the core of the game will still be based around the casual gamer rather than a traditional Zelda game. There will be no way of changing how the game was developed after it's out.

dmanofalcatraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 dmanofalcatraz
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

so far no new info has been reported

ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
If they do this then I will riot....
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
If Nintendo is stupid enough to make Zelda into a casual franchise, then I'll be stupid enough to take a sledge hammer to my $250 Wii. Not kidding.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#14 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Nintendo are starting to annoy me alot. Messing with key franchise like Zelda would be the finishing touch if they made appeal more to the casual gamer. I wasn't to keen on Phantom Hourglass at all.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metroid_dragon

Although I'm skeptical as well, I'm trying to avoid being prejudice against the concept before I've seen it in action. After all, this might be a change we can equate to the graphical changes that Wind Waker did. Nobody was happy with them when they were announced, but the game still turned out to be superb.

I'm still not fully convinced that this patent is a good thing, but regardless I'm not going to pass final judgement until I have more information, probably the final game.