ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
We need a mature zelda, more mature than what TP was. They need to take all the dark maturity from MM and add it to the next Zelda formula and expand apon that dark mature formula. Maybe add some horror as well. Anyways discuss.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I agree. Something a bit more mature than Twilight Princess would be good. I'm not just talking about blood and violence either because that is not what mature is. I'm talking atmosphere, characters, general feelings of doom and hopelessness. Majora's Mask was a more mature game than Twilight Princess, even though Majora recieved a 'E' Rating compared to TP's 'T' rating.  

In Majora's Mask, there was death, impending doom, the clock allowed people to do different things at any given time of the 3 days. The Swordsmaster, so bravely telling you he shall cut the moon in two, you find huddled in the backroom of his dojo, crying with fear. Anju and Kafei's love story, be it broken or saved.  

Twilight Princess may have recieved a Teen rating, but a few splatters of blood here and there do not classify a game as mature.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#3 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I'm not just talking about blood and violence either because that is not what mature is.

metroid_dragon

Nice that there is someone who knows what mature is, I see to many cases of people who don't.

I agree with you both that we need a game with an atmosphere more like Majora's Mask. I think atmosphere is what separates good games from epic and memorable games. It is the major difference between Super Mario Galaxy and (from what I've heard) between F-Zero GX and the other two F-Zero games.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

I'm not just talking about blood and violence either because that is not what mature is.

waZelda

Nice that there is someone who knows what mature is, I see to many cases of people who don't.

I agree with you both that we need a game with an atmosphere more like Majora's Mask. I think atmosphere is what separates good games from epic and memorable games. It is the major difference between Super Mario Galaxy and (from what I've heard) between F-Zero GX and the other two F-Zero games.

I feel the same way about it 

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

I actually prefer the light-hearted atmosphere of the Zelda games.

Just like violence and gore, I don't believe that a dark setting such as Majora's Mask's necessarily defines a mature game. Personally, I would like to see more subtle hints in the story, rather than the obvious "Ohmigosh. Everyone is going to die!", kind of like the Paper Mario series. At first glance, you would qualify them as kiddy games, but there are some things in there that only adults could fully understand the meaning.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroid_dragon

I actually prefer the light-hearted atmosphere of the Zelda games.

Just like violence and gore, I don't believe that a dark setting such as Majora's Mask's necessarily defines a mature game. Personally, I would like to see more subtle hints in the story, rather than the obvious "Ohmigosh. Everyone is going to die!", kind of like the Paper Mario series. At first glance, you would qualify them as kiddy games, but there are some things in there that only adults could fully understand the meaning.

Gamer4Iife

Oh of course a proper, deeper storyline would be essential and wonderful. I also love the light hearted Zelda games, I loved WW, I just prefer a darker Zelda persay.

A deeper and more detailed storyline is one element of a mature game, but not the only one. One that I would love to have included though.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroid_dragon

ther should be another game like majora's mask that each time you play you uncover new parts to the story

thrubeingcool13

What do you mean? Like a shorter Zelda game that's meant to be played multiple times to experience it all? That would be an interesting deviation from the standard formula. So far only Majora's Masks 3 days system allowed something simliar to that. And I did love the 3 day system.