Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 Chaos_Angel_14
Member since 2004 • 3805 Posts
Well the other day I decided to play Wind Waker again for a bit, and i am able to get everything in that game minus one piece fo heart, that piece is the one you get from hitting orca over 500 times. Is it just me....or is that near impossible, seriously, the best i can do is abit over 200. Basically my question is, is it possible....who here can do this?

p.s, I'm just going to promote my blog on zelda i wrote, it may be uninteresting, but i would love if i could get some comments, its frusterating writing blogs that no one reads :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

It's not that hard actually, you just have to be patient. I managed to get 500 hits in 2 tries. Also, don't bother with the A counter, the risk of him hitting you is not worth the 1 extra hit. Just block with your shield.

As for your blog, you should make more friends. They will know when you make a new blog entry and therefore, you will probably have more comments.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I was able to hit Orca 500 times without much trouble a couple of days ago. Just don't rush and if he's about to hit you, defend with your shield. Also, if it's been a while since he last attacked you, just stand around awaiting his next strike and then counter with A, or if you're not too good at that, defend.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

It can be done with basic combos, it's just rather tedious after awhile.

If you can get 1000 hits on him, apparently he breaks down and cries.:P

I haven't taken the time to confirm this however, I may attempt such a task some day...

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ-Lafleur

It can be done with basic combos, it's just rather tedious after awhile.

If you can get 1000 hits on him, apparently he breaks down and cries.:P

I haven't taken the time to confirm this however, I may attempt such a task some day...

Gary_Jinfield

Well, if you want to see him cry, bring him 10 knight's crests.

And 1,000?! 500 was already tedious enough as it was. But I'm currently playing Wind Waker, so maybe I'll check it out.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#6 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I never managed to get over 300 hits
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
I managed to get it after my third try. Once you fail once though, trying again immediately is the furthest thing from your mind. :P I usually go do something else for awhile and come back, otherwise I'm impatient and just keep on failing.
Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chaos_Angel_14
ahaha wow
I feel like such a noob :P
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gary_Jinfield

ahaha wow
I feel like such a noob :PChaos_Angel_14

I can see how people may not get the requested number, which I would assume is most likely an unwillingness with the tediousness. You make a small number of strikes and then block. Then you repeat several hundred times.:P

Seriously tedious and difficult if your flashy in your swords play.

On Orca crying, he cries in shame due to being able to gain a 1000 strikes on him, as apposed to tears of happiness.

Zaphack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Zaphack
Member since 2007 • 1293 Posts
I did it on my third try. Hint: Your shield is very useful.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="Chaos_Angel_14"]ahaha wow
I feel like such a noob :PGary_Jinfield

I can see how people may not get the requested number, which I would assume is most likely an unwillingness with the tediousness. You make a small number of strikes and then block. Then you repeat several hundred times.:P

On Orca crying, he cries in shame due to being able to gain a 1000 strikes on him, as apposed to tears of happiness.

ohhh, well I'll check it out when/if I feel like it. Does he give you anything if you get 1,000 strikes?

Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chaos_Angel_14
ahaha oh man
i did it
i guess it wasnt that impossible :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ-Lafleur
See, I knew you could do it! :)
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts
Yes. When I did, I realized that that was the best minigame ever.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

I feel like such a noob :PDJ-Lafleur

ohhh, well I'll check it out when/if I feel like it. Does he give you anything if you get 1,000 strikes?

Nope.:P

Its more of a personal pride thing to do I guess.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

I feel like such a noob :PGary_Jinfield

Nope.:P

Its more of a personal pride thing to do I guess.

Wonderful! I should just waste my valuable time striking an old man with a sword 1,000 times and making him cry! I would certainly be proud of myself then. :|

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NWA_31

Wonderful! I should just waste my valuable time striking an old man with a sword 1,000 times and making him cry! I would certainly be proud of myself then. :|

DJ-Lafleur

Of course !...What's more satisfying than owning an old man and watch him cry ?:D

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

NWA_31

Of course !...What's more satisfying than owning an old man and watch him cry ?:D

It is definately the sort of thing Link would do at any rate.:P

I mean, he always barges into random people's houses and breaks all their pots for money afterall.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metroid_dragon

If you actually think about it Link is a bit of a dink. (hehe, rhyme ftw).

Then again, I guess the Hero of Time, the legend himself, probably gets some special treatmen.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gary_Jinfield

If you actually think about it Link is a bit of a dink. (hehe, rhyme ftw).

Then again, I guess the Hero of Time, the legend himself, probably gets some special treatmen.

metroid_dragon

Special treatment?

Link takes and destroys anything not nailed down.:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metroid_dragon
Ya, but nobody seems to mind, it's not like they tell him to leave or even ask him to replace what he's broken. They just accept it's all part of his master plan to save the world.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJ-Lafleur
Well, people shouldn't mind sacfificing a few rupees to Link considering that he's saving all of their asses and all, just sayin'.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gary_Jinfield
I guess that makes sense, especially since Link's Hero occupation does not seem to pay particularly well. When was the last time he received money for his services?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 metroid_dragon

Well, he does get a princess usually (or it can be logically assumed he does), and through that likely gets access to her fortunes.

Then again, with the whole lack of needing money for anything other than weapons and adventuring equipment in the Zelda universe money loses it's importance. (seriously, where the hell are all the grocery stores? We may have a bombchu track but we got no groceries for sale!)

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA_31

I guess that makes sense, especially since Link's Hero occupation does not seem to pay particularly well. When was the last time he received money for his services?Gary_Jinfield

Yes, but he makes more than enough rupees by playing minigames, killing enemies and opening treasure chests.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ-Lafleur

Well, he does get a princess usually (or it can be logically assumed he does), and through that likely gets access to her fortunes.

Then again, with the whole lack of needing money for anything other than weapons and adventuring equipment in the Zelda universe money loses it's importance. (seriously, where the hell are all the grocery stores? We may have a bombchu track but we got no groceries for sale!)

metroid_dragon

Maybe everyone's a cannible :shock:! That would explain why you never see that many people in your adventures. :|

Darth-Sifh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darth-Sifh
Member since 2005 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]I guess that makes sense, especially since Link's Hero occupation does not seem to pay particularly well. When was the last time he received money for his services?NWA_31

Yes, but he makes more than enough rupees by playing minigames, killing enemies and opening treasure chests.

And cutting grass. Lots and lots of grass.
Ya, but nobody seems to mind, it's not like they tell him to leave or even ask him to replace what he's broken. They just accept it's all part of his master plan to save the world.metroid_dragon
The one rich guy cared. He made you pay for what you broke. (I wish I didn't have to save him)
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gary_Jinfield
We haven't seen too many bathrooms ether, in fact we have only seen one bathroom in total, and there was an odd hand in that one:P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJ-Lafleur

We haven't seen too many bathrooms ether, in fact we have only seen one bathroom in total, and there was an odd hand in that one:PGary_Jinfield

2, actually. In Oracle of Ages, there was a bathroom that also had an oddhand in it.

Chaos_Angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaos_Angel_14
.....and dont forget links tendency for animal abuse....he sure does looovvvee him that animal abuse :P