epic_nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 epic_nemesis
Member since 2005 • 3630 Posts
i have no idea why, but i just realized that it was around this time that we were supposed to to be playing by now :( im hapy that they are adding stuff and fixing stuff, but im still really mad that we will not get our twilight princess on, i wish i never played the demo, ignorance is bliss
SubVersion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SubVersion
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Actually, TP was delayed because the game was nowhere near completion.

They aren't adding anything new, they're just finally getting around to finishing the game they promised us this month.

123kaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 123kaney
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
well I think I read an interview that said there was something that they were going to put in all zelda's after this one, but because of the delay they decided to put in this one too. Hopefully this game will rock so much california will become an island, that sounded dumb.
dafuzzaymonkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dafuzzaymonkay
Member since 2005 • 5961 Posts
isn't there already a thread like this
Drumma_boy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Drumma_boy13
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts
nah, there is alot of new stuff they are adding, they wont tell us until a few weeks before release though, because with what they are adding, it will be down to the wire on when they complete it, before the delay, i heard around 40 hours of gameplay, now aonuma has announced 100+ hours of gameplay, i dunno about u, but that sounds like alot of stuff they would b adding
tannernin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 tannernin
Member since 2004 • 1374 Posts
are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.123kaney

thats what they are doing, and the 100 + hours of gameplay is true.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.123kaney
only system that could handle that on one disk is xbox or xbox 360!

(im gettin it) if there was 100 hrs of gameplay it would come on two disks!

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

[QUOTE="123kaney"]are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.imnotwhite

Not true. PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 both use standard DVD-9 discs I believe. It all depends and what kind of content the disc itself includes. The easiest way to waste space on a disc is by using lots of audio (like music tracks or voicework) or lots of FMV sequences. Since Zelda uses such limited voice samples (like Link's battle cry's) and is mostly text based it shouldn't really be a problem having to fit all that into one GC disc. The finished version of TP will probably come really close to filling that disc though.

Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="123kaney"]are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.Link2025

Not true. PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 both use standard DVD-9 discs I believe. It all depends and what kind of content the disc itself includes. The easiest way to waste space on a disc is by using lots of audio (like music tracks or voicework) or lots of FMV sequences. Since Zelda uses such limited voice samples (like Link's battle cry's) and is mostly text based it shouldn't really be a problem having to fit all that into one GC disc. The finished version of TP will probably come really close to filling that disc though.

Agreed, if you look at games like Resident Evil 4 for example everything in that game was stunning, it has hours and hours of gameplay and it includes lots of voice work.  This made it on two disks, although the second disk was only for the last chapter of the game.  So, in theory yes TP may only be on one disk.

To add about the game being delayed though, as Miyamoto said "A bad game is a bad game forever" or something of the sort they simply want to make certain the game is as perfect as possible.  They'll release it don't worry about that, and it should be fun and enjoyable :).

IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
I would rather play a masterpiece later than a uncompleted game now
epic_nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 epic_nemesis
Member since 2005 • 3630 Posts
ya im happy they are adding stuff and fixing stuff, but im still angry that its delays
WHY CANT I HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT (or i this case zelda and play it.......)
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="123kaney"]are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.Link2025

maybe thats why link dont talk! and why they have so many songs and had dungeons cut! (ww)
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

[QUOTE="123kaney"]are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.imnotwhite

maybe thats why link dont talk! and why they have so many songs and had dungeons cut! (ww)

Link doesn't talk because Miyamoto doesn't want to associate one overall voice that labels Link. Everyone has their own idea of what Link sounds like. Miyamoto also gave reasons why some dungeons were cut from WW such as the overall quest being too long and he wanted everyone to be able to complete WW.

LeafyTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LeafyTree
Member since 2005 • 6434 Posts
yea i know, i wish they just wuldve not even moved the date forward to get our hopes up, oh well, now i know that the game is going to be even better!
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

nuck44

Not always true.

*Looks at Daikatana* :cry:

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Link doesn't talk because Miyamoto doesn't want to associate one overall voice that labels Link. Everyone has their own idea of what Link sounds like. Miyamoto also gave reasons why some dungeons were cut from WW such as the overall quest being too long and he wanted everyone to be able to complete WW.

um WW was too short for me!

LanceK17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 LanceK17
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
I would rather play a masterpiece later than a uncompleted game nowIkeXC07
Your right. I still can't wait though.
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

um WW was too short for me!

Agreed I also think that Wind Waker was a little too short (the triforce quest was just filler content and could've added more dungeons, instead of crappy chests).

When I first heard the news that TP was to be delayed, I'll admit that I was furious to say the least. After careful consideration though, if Nintendo have and are taking this long on the game it's obviously going to be a superior title. I mean Nintendo knock out these Mario-Sport games constantly and they are great, we all know what they can do when they REALLY take their time (OOT)... just keep on waiting.

tannernin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tannernin
Member since 2004 • 1374 Posts
Yeah i was mad too. I mean sure, everybody was cool with it now, but did anybody just go "eehhh... so what i get it anyway"?
GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

[QUOTE="123kaney"]are u sure they arn't adding anything new i've been hearing a whole lot about 100hrs gamplay latley.tannernin

thats what they are doing, and the 100 + hours of gameplay is true.

Damn, 100 hours.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imnotwhite

looking back on OOT: master Quest!

i think nintendo might do something DUMB AS HELL!  and port that to the ds!