is this game in size bigger than windwaker?

blaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaster16
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts
i heard its even bigger than wind waker if thats true do you think the horse riding can get repetitive as the sailing in wind waker did, i sure hope not. And seeing how big this game is there should be some monuments in the land of hyrule like other villages and places, in my opinion there should be at least 7 other villages so the whol playing field wont just be a desert that would be boring, and im sure nintendo is working on this and making cool villages to wander in for our enjoyment. So seeing how huge tp will be what do you guys think will occupy most of the space, could it be dungeons, towns, landmarks, other? what ever it is we'll found out in november hopefully...................
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

i heard its even bigger than wind waker if thats true do you think the horse riding can get repetitive as the sailing in wind waker did, i sure hope not. And seeing how big this game is there should be some monuments in the land of hyrule like other villages and places, in my opinion there should be at least 7 other villages so the whol playing field wont just be a desert that would be boring, and im sure nintendo is working on this and making cool villages to wander in for our enjoyment. So seeing how huge tp will be what do you guys think will occupy most of the space, could it be dungeons, towns, landmarks, other? what ever it is we'll found out in november hopefully...................blaster16
.....I need to stay calm!

Yes it is "bigger" than wind waker!

And yes there will be a lot of stuff for your .....self to enjoy!

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
It is supposedly around 100 hours long, not counting the side quests.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

It is supposedly around 100 hours long, not counting the side quests.GoPhins123

so with sidequests! ................................OMG 500 HOURS!

Sidequests always take so long!  and you need to do the main one just to get somewhere!

blaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaster16

thats impossible a game with a storyline thats 100 hours long, if thats the case im gonna be stuck in my room from november to at least march those will be some fun months, but its impossible no game can last that long with just the main quest, and if this game is bigger than windwaker at least make it so traveling is fun!

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
Like I have mentioned a few times before, this game is supposedly going to be the "biggest" of the LoZ series in terms of dungeons, side-quests, etc... and when taking that into consideration TP should be much bigger than WW. So If I were you, I wouldn't be overly worried about that part of the game at the moment. As for your concern about the horse riding being repetitive, that is a bit harder to answer because some may think it's a bit boring while others (such as me) might enjoy every second of it.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

thats impossible a game with a storyline thats 100 hours long, if thats the case im gonna be stuck in my room from november to at least march those will be some fun months, but its impossible no game can last that long with just the main quest, and if this game is bigger than windwaker at least make it so traveling is fun!

blaster16

Its not impossible by any means, although it will differ from player to player.  There have been plenty of lengthy games in the past, although its been a long time since we have had a Zelda game's main quest considered long.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
[QUOTE="blaster16"]

Gary_Jinfield

Its not impossible by any means, although it will differ from player to player. There have been plenty of lengthy games in the past, although its been a long time since we have had a Zelda game's main quest considered long.

The problem with a really long game is that the more casual gamers will get upset. We will love it, but how many of the millions that will buy this game are as dedicated as us? :P
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="blaster16"]

nuck44

Its not impossible by any means, although it will differ from player to player. There have been plenty of lengthy games in the past, although its been a long time since we have had a Zelda game's main quest considered long.

The problem with a really long game is that the more casual gamers will get upset. We will love it, but how many of the millions that will buy this game are as dedicated as us? :P

Well, Oot was considered long for its time and more people played it then any of the recent Zelda games which are often considered shorter (main quest wise). Of course, the recent games have been cell shaded as well, but I won't get into that.:P

blaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaster16

its not impossible for a game to be 100 hours long it woul just be ulikely, and will this game be on 2 discs?

metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts
[QUOTE="nuck44"] [QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="blaster16"]

Gary_Jinfield

Well, Oot was considered long for its time and more people played it then any of the recent Zelda games which are often considered shorter (main quest wise). Of course, the recent games have been cell shaded as well, but I won't get into that.:P

OOT was probably long for an adventure game. Remember: FFVII came out around the same time, and it was much longer, but then again, it was an RPG.
LeafyTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LeafyTree
Member since 2005 • 6434 Posts
[QUOTE="nuck44"]
[QUOTE="blaster16"]

Gary_Jinfield

yes, that is true, good point
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
Hmm I think it wont be bigger than windwaker because windwaker had a whole ocean to explore, this zelda is gonna be a lil like oot. You can only explore hyrule from what i know.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
In size (as in the land) I would think it'd be as large as Wind Waker. Just think about it, each island is only the tip of the mountains, then TP would have an incredible size of land to explore (although the Great Sea is over Hyrule). As far as size as in game length, dungeons, etc. The story itself will not be 100 hours long. It's possible with side quests. I do doubt it though, because Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes an extremely long time to get 100% on, and I was pretty quick and beat it in around 85 hours 100% all 300 missions. I also remember how they said "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will give you at least 20 hours of gameplay just through the main story". Yeah, I beat it a lot faster than that. I don't know, it's all possible, but highly unlikely, that the game could be over 100 hours long. Heck, I'd enjoy a nice long game at around 100 hours (for sidequests), but as a story of 100 hours, that wouldn't work as well with casual gamers as nuck said. I'm sure Nintendo realizes that.
blazewind191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 blazewind191
Member since 2005 • 3557 Posts
from what i heard, TP will be a little longer than WW. but we'll see for sure when it comes out
taytizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 taytizzle
Member since 2006 • 740 Posts
Hyrule field probably occupies a large area in the game.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
its probably 10x bigger, and th ehorse riding wont get boring.  There are more monsters to defeat, and plus the horseback riding in OoT was actuallly fun as should this be
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gary_Jinfield

In size (as in the land) I would think it'd be as large as Wind Waker. Just think about it, each island is only the tip of the mountains, then TP would have an incredible size of land to explore (although the Great Sea is over Hyrule). As far as size as in game length, dungeons, etc. The story itself will not be 100 hours long. It's possible with side quests. I do doubt it though, because Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes an extremely long time to get 100% on, and I was pretty quick and beat it in around 85 hours 100% all 300 missions. I also remember how they said "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will give you at least 20 hours of gameplay just through the main story". Yeah, I beat it a lot faster than that. I don't know, it's all possible, but highly unlikely, that the game could be over 100 hours long. Heck, I'd enjoy a nice long game at around 100 hours (for sidequests), but as a story of 100 hours, that wouldn't work as well with casual gamers as nuck said. I'm sure Nintendo realizes that. nazguldragon15

Well, the amount of time it takes to beat a game is dependant on the person playing the game. At any rate, just because a game is long does not mean casuals won't like it. As long as the game is consistently amazing through out the whole adventure, then the game being too long will not be an issue, people may actually complain that the game is too short.

Prattfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 Prattfactor
Member since 2005 • 1052 Posts
WindWaker was short to me
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
I'm certain whatever happens the game will indeed offer a great deal more then the Windwaker.  We already know the game will boast 100 hours og gameplay *of course I can't give 100% on that being it could involve sidequests*.  I'm certain the game will have more to offer then the Windwaker, but I wouldn't expect anything as long as some Final Fantasy games out there.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nazguldragon15

[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] In size (as in the land) I would think it'd be as large as Wind Waker. Just think about it, each island is only the tip of the mountains, then TP would have an incredible size of land to explore (although the Great Sea is over Hyrule). As far as size as in game length, dungeons, etc. The story itself will not be 100 hours long. It's possible with side quests. I do doubt it though, because Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes an extremely long time to get 100% on, and I was pretty quick and beat it in around 85 hours 100% all 300 missions. I also remember how they said "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will give you at least 20 hours of gameplay just through the main story". Yeah, I beat it a lot faster than that. I don't know, it's all possible, but highly unlikely, that the game could be over 100 hours long. Heck, I'd enjoy a nice long game at around 100 hours (for sidequests), but as a story of 100 hours, that wouldn't work as well with casual gamers as nuck said. I'm sure Nintendo realizes that. Gary_Jinfield

Well, the amount of time it takes to beat a game is dependant on the person playing the game. At any rate, just because a game is long does not mean casuals won't like it. As long as the game is consistently amazing through out the whole adventure, then the game being too long will not be an issue, people may actually complain that the game is too short.

True, but 100 hours average is a very long time. It doesn't take that long to beat any FF game through the main story. Yeah it won't pull away from casual gamers, but you're right, it will probably be consistently amazing considering the hype and how long they've put into it. Only time will tell.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"] In size (as in the land) I would think it'd be as large as Wind Waker. Just think about it, each island is only the tip of the mountains, then TP would have an incredible size of land to explore (although the Great Sea is over Hyrule). As far as size as in game length, dungeons, etc. The story itself will not be 100 hours long. It's possible with side quests. I do doubt it though, because Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes an extremely long time to get 100% on, and I was pretty quick and beat it in around 85 hours 100% all 300 missions. I also remember how they said "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will give you at least 20 hours of gameplay just through the main story". Yeah, I beat it a lot faster than that. I don't know, it's all possible, but highly unlikely, that the game could be over 100 hours long. Heck, I'd enjoy a nice long game at around 100 hours (for sidequests), but as a story of 100 hours, that wouldn't work as well with casual gamers as nuck said. I'm sure Nintendo realizes that. nazguldragon15

Well, the amount of time it takes to beat a game is dependant on the person playing the game. At any rate, just because a game is long does not mean casuals won't like it. As long as the game is consistently amazing through out the whole adventure, then the game being too long will not be an issue, people may actually complain that the game is too short.

True, but 100 hours average is a very long time. It doesn't take that long to beat any FF game through the main story. Yeah it won't pull away from casual gamers, but you're right, it will probably be consistently amazing considering the hype and how long they've put into it. Only time will tell.

Well, Dragon Quest 8 is supposedly extremely lengthy.... But on average, yes very few games last 100 hours main quest wise, especially adventure games.:P

nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nazguldragon15
Tales of Symphonia was very long, and that one took me a while to beat. Wikipedia (the best site ever) compares the length of TP to be as Tales of Symphonia and Star Ocean. Both were very long games. Tales of Symphonia had an 80 hour average, while Wikipedia says it's now official that TP has a 70 hour average. Well we'll just have to wait.
starmaine1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 starmaine1990
Member since 2004 • 13203 Posts
It should be longer than windwaker.