REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I voted courage, but now that I think about it I think I'd choose wisdom. Brain>Brawn after all.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Wisdom is good as well. But I don't think courage is really brawn :P. Power might.
MarkRamsey2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MarkRamsey2004
Member since 2004 • 1587 Posts

I voted for courage

remembamlilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 remembamlilf
Member since 2006 • 289 Posts
courage link(courage) alway beats the hell out of ganon(power)
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
courage link(courage) alway beats the hell out of ganon(power)remembamlilf
Pssh... well that's only because of the Master Sword.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Power for me 8)
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Look, just because you gain a particular piece of the triforce doesn't mean you immediatly become incompetant at the other two catagories. Just look at Link who is quite powerful in addition to his courage. Ganondorf doesn't become a coward either when he gains the triforce of power so it's obvious that you still retain any intelligence or power you originally had and can still advance them.

My point is that Ganondorf is an idiot when it comes to tactical decisions. He's quite strategic and can take over half the world, but he doesn't know how to deal with a single person. I on the other hand could easily take out Link if I had the power and armies behind me that Ganon does. I would make dungeon impossible to complete, mass my armies at specific points as opposed to having 1 unit ever square meter covering all of hyrule, and I would certainly not let him reach me. where he actually has a chance at winning.

No, with Power I could easily rule the world, Courage is useless unless you have personal strength and power as well.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Courage :D I got enough Wisdom already :lol: And I need Courage to have Power 8) :twisted:
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REVOLUTIONfreak

Look, just because you gain a particular piece of the triforce doesn't mean you immediatly become incompetant at the other two catagories. Just look at Link who is quite powerful in addition to his courage. Ganondorf doesn't become a coward either when he gains the triforce of power so it's obvious that you still retain any intelligence or power you originally had and can still advance them.

My point is that Ganondorf is an idiot when it comes to tactical decisions. He's quite strategic and can take over half the world, but he doesn't know how to deal with a single person. I on the other hand could easily take out Link if I had the power and armies behind me that Ganon does. I would make dungeon impossible to complete, mass my armies at specific points as opposed to having 1 unit ever square meter covering all of hyrule, and I would certainly not let him reach me. where he actually has a chance at winning.

No, with Power I could easily rule the world, Courage is useless unless you have personal strength and power as well.

metroid_dragon
Bu-bu-but that's just evil. :shock:
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Personally I would go with Power, all the terms are really somewhat ambiguous in nature. Can't Wisdom and Courage be considered Power as well, as in power of mind and power of nerve?:P

Power can be anything really, as long as it displays a form of dominance or superiority in comparison to others, although that doesn't really sound like a noble trait.:P Probably why villains are always attracted to it.

Avatar image for seiferdante1000
seiferdante1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seiferdante1000
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

I chose wisdom, because all things are a form of knowledge. Martial arts, swordplay, even magic is a form of knowledge. And i would use that knowledge notto rule, but to guide the world away from useless violence and self destruction, as a seer and advisor to those who would rule.

DrumminDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrumminDoc
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts
"Wit beyond measure . . ." I chose wisdom, cause if you are smart enough you never need to raise a finger, just confuse everyone else.
smithy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 smithy92
Member since 2005 • 896 Posts
Courage of course. I could do all the things I never have the guts to do.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid_dragon

Bu-bu-but that's just evil. :shock:REVOLUTIONfreak

Well it would be pretty silly to have a non-evil Ganondorf (which is what I would change my name to) :P

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts

metroid_dragon
You sound like some general from the military or something. if ganondorf had done all that, the game would be no fun
Aumala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Aumala
Member since 2005 • 6678 Posts
Wisdom!!! That's the true power!, it takes years to get it
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Sizzletop

You sound like some general from the military or something. if ganondorf had done all that, the game would be no fun

Really with most villains, they often have some weakness that relates to such errors. Otherwise, how is the hero supposed to win if villains are actually sensible and intelligent, especially in a video game?:P

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
i'd take power, then take wisdom, then take courage, but since thats not a option, then just power, cause like metroid_dragon said, i retain my own wisdom and courage that i had before
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts
[QUOTE="Sizzletop"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

Really with most villains, they often have some weakness that relates to such errors. Otherwise, how is the hero supposed to win if villains are actually sensible and intelligent, especially in a video game?:P

look at eggman. (sonic). He built countles ships, and his father built a space colony.and he always lost.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="Sizzletop"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Nintendevil

look at eggman. (sonic). He built countles ships, and his father built a space colony.and he always lost.

I am unfortunately not too familiar with the Sonic series, although Eggman never seemed the sensible type. It is not that villains aren't capable of intelligence, it is just that they seem unable to apply their assets in a productive manner in stopping a usually inexperienced hero, hence unintelligent.

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ off topic :p anyway, wisdom for me
pokedude1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pokedude1991
Member since 2007 • 5596 Posts

courage

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I would want wisdom, I believe wisdom is needed more than power or courage to get through life.
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts

I chose wisdom, because all things are a form of knowledge. Martial arts, swordplay, even magic is a form of knowledge. And i would use that knowledge notto rule, but to guide the world away from useless violence and self destruction, as a seer and advisor to those who would rule.

seiferdante1000

i agree with all of it but the not to rule and advisor part. i would use my piece to find the other pieces and then take over the world andform one globale country.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts

so, you want global domination! not before me i'm afraid! loljk

triforce of power best for me because i have some courage and i'm smart, so i don't need them...yet MUHUHAHA!

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
I would mind either one of the Trifore, but I'll go with Wisedom. Knowledge=Power.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Nintendevil"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="Sizzletop"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

I am unfortunately not too familiar with the Sonic series, although Eggman never seemed the sensible type. It is not that villains aren't capable of intelligence, it is just that they seem unable to apply their assets in a productive manner in stopping a usually inexperienced hero, hence unintelligent.

Robotnik\Eggman doesn't really appear to have any overall goal either. Robotnik is overall a pretty lousy overlord. Now if Ganon just got a good tactics coordinator he could properlly rule the world.

It might make for some interesting gameplay to have to deal with a properlly intelligent Ganondorf for once. Large armies conqueing town as you rally the people to defend it. Sounds solid.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="Nintendevil"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="Sizzletop"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

metroid_dragon

Robotnik\Eggman doesn't really appear to have any overall goal either. Robotnik is overall a pretty lousy overlord. Now if Ganon just got a good tactics coordinator he could properlly rule the world.

It might make for some interesting gameplay to have to deal with a properlly intelligent Ganondorf for once. Large armies conqueing town as you rally the people to defend it. Sounds solid.

It might make the game focus too much on combat though, while neglecting the adventure and exploration element. Link seems to be a rather lone wolf type of character, delving into the unknown mostly on his own.

It takes far more courage to take on the forces of evil and the unknown on one's own rather than having various individuals back you up.

Although it may have been more interesting for Ganon to consider the Wisdom aspect a bit more. Although each Triforce piece may be rather powerful on its own, the complete Triforce far outclasses any meager powers one piece bestows, perhaps a lesson Nintendo may be trying to teach?

Together it is unstoppable, divided it is conquerable. Even Ganon wasn't satisfied with just power. The best answer to this question is really to take all the pieces of the Triforce.:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metroid_dragon

Well with Twilight Princess the last Zelda of it's kind, maybe they will attempt to throw a more combat-focused game in the mix. Although you are right in that he is a lone wolf and it would be odd seeing him leading people (especially if he stayed the silent protagonist).

Completly agreed Ganon's got the right idea, he's constantly trying to steal the other two pieces unlike Zelda and Link. Although they are working together so you could argue they both possess 2 parts of the triforce.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 REVOLUTIONfreak

Well with Twilight Princess the last Zelda of it's kind, maybe they will attempt to throw a more combat-focused game in the mix. Although you are right in that he is a lone wolf and it would be odd seeing him leading people (especially if he stayed the silent protagonist).

Completly agreed Ganon's got the right idea, he's constantly trying to steal the other two pieces unlike Zelda and Link. Although they are working together so you could argue they both possess 2 parts of the triforce.

metroid_dragon

[spoiler] Well... in Twilight Princess I honestly didn't see much obsession in Ganon's eye as far as the triforce is concerned. He didn't really show his usual amount of obsession with the other two pieces of the triforce. Yeah, he wanted them, but he still didn't really talk about it much, unlike in OoT and WW. [/spoiler]

I'm kind of surprised at how greedy some of you are, by answering "Power" you're pretty much saying you want to be evil. :( What happend to the protagonists?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gary_Jinfield

The following contains spoilers. (GameSpot won't let me post using spoiler tags, going on about HTML not being well formed, kind of odd since the spoiler tags are BBcode, unless I am mistaken...)

Its not like Ganon is well developed in Twilight Princess, is it? We see him a total of three times througout the entire course of the game, two of which are flashbacks with the final appearance being the final boss fight. Despite this, it is still clear that Ganon is after power.

The Triforce is never mentioned in Twilight Princess besides that whole scene at lake Hylia. It seems that Nintendo wished to keep the focus off the all powerful and sacred Triangle, although it still played a role.

Depending on the timeline, the Ganon of Twilight Princess may be a very different Ganon from the one of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker. Oot caused a timeline split and the Ganon of the Child Link timeline never attained the Triforce on his own and never grew completely obsessed with it. The Ganon of the Adult Link timeline took over Hyrule with the Triforce of Power but, was ultimately defeated by the combined forces of the other two pieces. In his state of imprisonment, Ganon would have seen the lack of the complete Triforce as his downfall, logically he would need to make sure that the same result did not occur again by collecting the whole Triforce.

He wants what he conquers to stay conquered.

Being a protagonist is overrated.:P

To_The_End99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 To_The_End99
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
Power definetly.Thats the only reson I like Ganon.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 REVOLUTIONfreak

The following contains spoilers. (GameSpot won't let me post using spoiler tags, going on about HTML not being well formed, kind of odd since the spoiler tags are BBcode, unless I am mistaken...)

Its not like Ganon is well developed in Twilight Princess, is it? We see him a total of three times througout the entire course of the game, two of which are flashbacks with the final appearance being the final boss fight. Despite this, it is still clear that Ganon is after power.

The Triforce is never mentioned in Twilight Princess besides that whole scene at lake Hylia. It seems that Nintendo wished to keep the focus off the all powerful and sacred Triangle, although it still played a role.

Depending on the timeline, the Ganon of Twilight Princess may be a very different Ganon from the one of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker. Oot caused a timeline split and the Ganon of the Child Link timeline never attained the Triforce on his own and never grew completely obsessed with it. The Ganon of the Adult Link timeline took over Hyrule with the Triforce of Power but, was ultimately defeated by the combined forces of the other two pieces. In his state of imprisonment, Ganon would have seen the lack of the complete Triforce as his downfall, logically he would need to make sure that the same result did not occur again by collecting the whole Triforce.

He wants what he conquers to stay conquered.

Being a protagonist is overrated.:P

Gary_Jinfield
Well, my assumption is that TP takes place on the child Link part of the timeline. But even if that is the case, he'd still be just as obsessed with the triforce... because as we saw in OoT (obviously, some minor spoilers) when Ganondorf was at Hyrule Castle pleading his "allegiance" to the King, his intentions were actually to learn more about the Triforce. He was obsessed then, and therefore would lead me to believe that he would still be obsessed in TP. Plus, we have no idea why he was imprisoned in TP anyway, so that alone is a reason for them to make another game and fill in the blanks.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gary_Jinfield

"Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link's time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power..."

That is an excerpt from an interview that was conducted awhile back, which can be viewed in full here. (metroid_dragon also posted it in another thread)

Of course, the could still make a Zelda game about actually catching Ganon after Oot, they could even use the same Link that scenerio. (If Link ever made it back to Hyrule after MM)

I do concur that Ganon probably did have an interest in the Triforce before even attaining it, although the interest would have intensifed if he had actually attained it.

Again, Nintendo is very vague on any Triforce involvement in Tp, so it could go ether way.

One may also hazard a guess that Ganon would have first desired revenge against the kingdom and the royalty, after being sentenced to execution. (afterwards being banished when the execution failed.)

Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts
Actualy, In TP, Ganon seemed to have more of an obsession of killing Link, than obtaining the Triforce.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gary_Jinfield

Actualy, In TP, Ganon seemed to have more of an obsession of killing Link, than obtaining the Triforce.Nintendevil

He barely even talks to Link though...

But I agree that he may desire destruction more, perhaps as revenge for his imprisonment?

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

Wisdom duh cuz then ill find out a way to have a stronger villian get the triforce of power and have link die by him and then i'll think up a way to kill the villian and ill have all 3.

BUT THEN SOME IDIOT IN WHITE WILL STOP ME AND RUIN MY HAPPINESS so because of that i want NONE OF THEM. ....maybe ill make my own

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gary_Jinfield

Wisdom duh cuz then ill find out a way to have a stronger villian get the triforce of power and have link die by him and then i'll think up a way to kill the villian and ill have all 3.

BUT THEN SOME IDIOT IN WHITE WILL STOP ME AND RUIN MY HAPPINESS so because of that i want NONE OF THEM. ....maybe ill make my own

imnotwhite

Ah, back again imnotwhite?:P

Making your own Triforce is an intriguing solution, although it would be rather difficult unless one was an omnipotent being.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Gary_Jinfield

Making your own Triforce is an intriguing solution, although it would be rather difficult unless one was an omnipotent being.

[QUOTE="Nintendevil"]Actualy, In TP, Ganon seemed to have more of an obsession of killing Link, than obtaining the Triforce.Gary_Jinfield

He barely even talks to Link though...

But I agree that he may desire destruction more, perhaps as revenge for his imprisonment?

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"]

Gary_Jinfield

Yeah i left but i see Pyramid quoting is still as popular as ever

If I had to make a triforce it would be the Triforce of Soul

Kinda like a mix with wisdom and power but less phys power

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DraggoonX12
Wow look at the Poll! Perfect Tie Each 1/3 of the Vote.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 imnotwhite

that's why i didnt vote

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gary_Jinfield
The closeness of the different Triforce pieces is a testament to how each has various positive attributes and that a large variety of individuals with different values post in this union.
DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DraggoonX12

The closeness of the different Triforce pieces is a testament to how each has various positive attributes and that a large variety of individuals with different values post in this union.Gary_Jinfield

Yea, It's nice to see variety.

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I chose Courage because then I could actually wield that good ol' master sword.
GameBoy966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GameBoy966
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts
Courage of course!
Allikiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Allikiza
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts

Even though Courage gives people strength, Brain can tackle brawn anytime, thos are the two things I'd like to earn.

Plus I wouldn't let power corrupt me, I play video games too much to let that happen.

grim653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 grim653
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
of course wisdom because with wisdom comes power
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I wouldlike to have courage. This way I can have adventure and explore.